Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Morand
Apr 16, 2004

1: Start New Game
2: Start New Game
3: Start New Game

:aaa:
Subtract what you borrowed from your victory points basically

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
It was explained to me ask "if you play 25 points over, your opponent scores 50 bonus points" but who knows. It's very badly worded!

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

CapnAndy posted:

It was explained to me ask "if you play 25 points over, your opponent scores 50 bonus points" but who knows. It's very badly worded!

You play 15 over. At the end of the game you scored 100 and your opponent scored 75. It's now time to pay the piper. You lose 30 points and would now lose the game 75-70

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

Well I did the JSA for the deal. JSA was insanely popular today

Jakeem Thunder with Eclipso
JW Dr. Fate
JW The Atom
The Flash from the Flash set
SLOSH Stargirl
JW Wildcat
WF Green Lantern at 30
Firestorm ID Card (My 5 points over)

I wanted to try out Jakeem so I borrowed him and Wildcat and made the rest of the team.

Round 1 versus team Cap from the Civil War movie

CW Winter Soldier
CW Falcoln
Redwing
CW Ant-Man
CW Hawkeye
CW starter Cap (The one who can punch 6 away)
AOU Scarlet Witch
I''m with Cap on everyone who could get it

I won map, and chose the new premium warehouse map because I love it.

My first move each game was to choose impervious from eclipso, combat reflexes, and earthbound for jakeem. Stargirl would then carry him into hindering. I was able to get my close combat guys right in his face with some Jakeem TK and fate carry. While they did their thing, Jakeem and Stargirl took shots from range. He did get Atom and Wildcat, but I was able to wear him down. Stargirl's stunning blow was super useful as was Dr. Fate's simpler time.

Round 2 versus Justice League
TT Cyborg
SM/WW 125 Wonder Woman
TW Batman at 150
Elongated Man

This was a new player who had beaten his friend in the first round. I chose the warehouse again and made sure to explode all the objects I could. He moved Cyborg down into hindering, ran Batman on elevated and WW and Elongated man moved down. I was able to perplex up Jakeem's range, outwit Cycorg's defense and hit him to a pulse and toughness click. He shot Atom for 3 instead. Batman moved again all the way onto elevation but not in hindering and he got shot up. Cyborg fell to Jakeem, Batman got hit to a CR/Perplex click. Wildcat charged him but missed and WW and Batman made short work of him. Atom fell to a hell of a roll from elongated man but that was it. Jakeem was able to outwit the defense of WW and she got hit and Stunning Blown to regen while having 2 tokens. Batman got hit and KO'd by Jakeem and elongated man got knocked off outwit. That was basically game as WW fell next turn and elongated man wasn't doing it himself.

Round 3 versus Andy's TMNT
TMNT 2 100 point Leonardo
TMNT 1 Chase Raphael
TMNT 1 Common Michaelangelo
TMNT 1 Common Donatello
Turtle Van
TMNT 2 Renet Tilley
TMNT 1 Splinter
TMNT 1 30 point Casey Jones
TMNT 2 Main set April

I actually lost map and ended up on the new bridge because Andy loves the crap out of it. First round was positioning as I carried Jakeem into hindering with Stargirl while also busting open some hindering, we then clustered. A bit of clearing and positioning as Andy got his van a driver and turtles ready to be carried. The van carried the turtles down while turning sideways to block line of fire. If I chose RS with Jakeem, i could have taken a shot with him on the van but I would have been super exposed. Instead I called in Firestorm and did a RS/EE on the van, perplexing his attack to a 13 to make sure it hit. Ralph tanked it because of shell to shell defense but his brothers did not. I then sidestepped so I was more then 5 away from firestorm and he went away. Andy tried furiously to heal Donny with the van for 2 turns while I cleared and began to set up for another EE from Jakeem. He realized what I was trying to to and rushed me. Jakeem took outwit and EE and hit the van for 6 with perplex and enhancement help. Stargirl with enhancement followed up for 6 more. Wildcat or Atom then finished off the Van. The Turtles as is their way, hit back hard. Atom managed to dodge one shot but not another. Raph with his 13 flurried Wildcat to death and turtle techniqied atom as well. Jakeem and Stargirl and fate though were the combo. Stargirl kept hitting choose result or CR/Incap which drove the turtles insane as a based person who can shoot them is not something they like dealing with. I made sure to target Splinter and KO him as quickly as I could, but not before he let Mikey hit Jakeem for 1 and also got Jakeem for 1 himself. Once he fell so did Raphael to an exploit hit from Jakeem. Common turtles did get Stargirl for 1 but her stunning blow really did a number on them. When it was just April versus the world we called it.

I loving love the ninja turtles and play the poo poo out of them so we agreed afterwards that I was the only one who knew how to beat them, nobody else apparently pounded the van like I did.

Jakeem and an entity is the closest thing we're likely to get to Super Skrull 2.0

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

Made a list minute decision to play in a game tonight. The scenario is "I'm dreaming of a white Christmas". All figures must either be unique or sketch variants and you can play duplicate uniques.

The first team I made was a mystical team with KC Shazam at Full, KC Spectre on his low dial, Mephisto at full, Tim Hunter, felix faust and 2 toy soldiers but it seemed really loving cheesy for an event that is supposed to be fun.

I decided instead to go with

Brainiac Integrated Skull ship with drone dial -450
SLOSH Riddler
SLOSH Bizarro at 75
All my teammates are useless ATA

I'm either gonna get super aggressive and in their face or hang back and spawn drones depending on what I see

Morand fucked around with this message at 14:04 on Dec 22, 2016

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

Also,

Convention Exclusive Giant Man is up.

19 Clicks of life for 200 points and a solid dial as well.

http://heroclix.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/Giant-Man-Con-LE.jpg

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.
Tonight's event is a "White Elephant". The idea is that you bring 3 300-point Golden Age teams. Whatever you KO, you keep - whether you want it or not.

quote:

By popular demand, we're having one more structured HeroClix event in 2016! There were a lot of great HeroClix sets released this year, but maybe you wound up with a few too many of certain figures... Robotman from World's Finest, Harpoon from Uncanny X-Men, Kingpin from Superior Foes of Spider-Man (talk about a white elephant! *rimshot*), Thanagarian Generics from Joker's Wild; that sort of thing. The kind of piece you really barely needed one of, but what with one thing and another you somehow have fistfuls of 'em. Well, here's your chance to make them someone else's problem in an event where not only do you GET to keep what you KO– you HAVE to!

- Bring THREE (3) separate 300-pt Golden safe HeroClix forces (recommended that they be sorted with cards in zip-lock baggies or similar). These forces may not contain any non-character game elements (exception: print-and-play ATAs, and characters that produce bystanders described on their character card, may be used). Each force will be played during only one round.
- Before rolling for map choice each round, you must randomly choose one of your three forces to play that round (first round- assign each force 1-2, 3-4, and 5-6; roll a D6. Second round- assign one of the remaining forces "odd," the other "even;" roll a D6. Final round- your last remaining force).
- At the end of each round, your opponent keeps any of your pieces that were KO'd during that round. No givebacks! That's how White Elephant swaps work. ¯\_(?)_/¯

This event will consist of three 40-minute rounds of one-on-one Swiss-style tournament play, with placing determined first by wins and then by victory point totals. The prize for this event will be the spirit of friendship, which was inside us all along.

My 3 teams are loaded with stuff I have more than 4-5 of:

Team 1:
- AoU Gray Hulk 80
- AoU Monica Chang 65
- UXM Time-Travelin' Cyclops 100
- IIM Justin Hammer 54
Total: 299

Team 2
- SF Dagger 35
- Shifting Focus super-fast Superman 90
- SF Norman Osborn 50
- SF J Jonah Jameson 30
- SF Betty Brant 15
- SF Hobgoblin 80
Total: 300

Team 3
- FL Chillblaine 55
- JW Sketch Kobra Fanatic 20
- WF Poison Ivy 65
- UXM Arclight 50
- UXM Prism 35
- UXM Scrambler 30
- UXM Lady Mastermind 45

I'm planning to unload as much junk as I can - I just wish I'd found room to get rid of one of the 7 TDW Fandrals I own.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Red posted:

Tonight's event is a "White Elephant". The idea is that you bring 3 300-point Golden Age teams. Whatever you KO, you keep - whether you want it or not.

My 3 teams are loaded with stuff I have more than 4-5 of:

Team 1:
- AoU Gray Hulk 80
- AoU Monica Chang 65
- UXM Time-Travelin' Cyclops 100
- IIM Justin Hammer 54
Total: 299

Team 2
- SF Dagger 35
- Shifting Focus super-fast Superman 90
- SF Norman Osborn 50
- SF J Jonah Jameson 30
- SF Betty Brant 15
- SF Hobgoblin 80

Team 3
- FL Chillblaine 55
- JW Sketch Kobra Fanatic 20
- WF Poison Ivy 65
- UXM Arclight 50
- UXM Prism 35
- UXM Scrambler 30
- UXM Lady Mastermind 45

I'm planning to unload as much junk as I can - I just wish I'd found room to get rid of one of the 7 TDW Fandrals I own.

This was a ton of fun, and I'd love to unload my piles of crap more than once a year.

Round 1: Team 1 vs. TT008 Wonder Girl, GotG Yondu, GotG Moondragon, GotG Gamora on Kun Lun

I basically ran my team right at my opponent. Moondragon just TK'd Yondu around, who just picked apart whoever he wanted. The only figure I was mildly interested in taking was Wonder Girl, but her crappy trait turned me off. Justin Hammer did pretty much nothing, while Cyclops and Monica Change tried and failed to shoot people. The Hulk repeatedly landed on Banner rolls, and he was KO'd pretty quickly. My opponent got all 299, I got zero.

Round 2: Team 3 vs. AvAs Hawkeye, AvAs Triathlon, AvAs Justice, AvAs Living Lightning in the Daily Planet office

I bunched up my team in a corner (indoors) and just let his team come over. Chillblaine basically just sidestepped around, trying (and failing) to hit anyone. Arclight was actually fairly effective at tying up Hawkeye and Living Lighting, and I KO'd both. However, Triathlon was able to tie up Poison Ivy, the Kobra fan, and Scrambler, and dodged everything Chillblaine threw at him. He and Justice pasted pretty much everyone. My opponent scored all 300, while I got Hawkeye and LL. He offered me Justice, and I politely declined.

Round 3: Team 2 vs. 3 SMWW main set Red Tornadoes on Flooded Wakanda

This took about 15 minutes. His Tornadoes just ran around the map as a group, and outwitted/force blasted my team to death. He really only wanted the Supes and Hobgoblin, and decided to just hoof it across the map to avoid taking home any crap. My response: Push my pieces to death to chase him. I laughed my rear end off as he just shook his head, came back, and killed Betty/Jonah/Norman. Dagger wasn't bad, but it was going to take forever for her to actually KO anyone. Opponent takes home all 300 points of junk.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

Morand posted:

Made a list minute decision to play in a game tonight. The scenario is "I'm dreaming of a white Christmas". All figures must either be unique or sketch variants and you can play duplicate uniques.

The first team I made was a mystical team with KC Shazam at Full, KC Spectre on his low dial, Mephisto at full, Tim Hunter, felix faust and 2 toy soldiers but it seemed really loving cheesy for an event that is supposed to be fun.

I decided instead to go with

Brainiac Integrated Skull ship with drone dial -450
SLOSH Riddler
SLOSH Bizarro at 75
All my teammates are useless ATA

I'm either gonna get super aggressive and in their face or hang back and spawn drones depending on what I see

Came in second with this team. Lost to a Phoenix force Dark Cyclops because he'd jump any drones I made to remove tokens and he had a shitload of pulse wave.

I did have an amazing moment round 3 though when I faced off against a double toy soldier team. Once he had all his pogs out I based him and then did a tentacle attack, hitting 8 dudes and immediately spawning 8 drones. I have always wanted to do that.

The Phoenix Force team lost to a team that tossed a joker gas on cyclops that he just could not shake off

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

I've been seeing people posting about a Heroclix Monsters gravity feed coming this summer. Is there any preview ad-copy released yet?

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Father Wendigo posted:

I've been seeing people posting about a Heroclix Monsters gravity feed coming this summer. Is there any preview ad-copy released yet?

Where?

You mean like Frankenstein and Dracula?

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
Heroclix: Undead, 19 figure gravity feed.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

CapnAndy posted:

Heroclix: Undead, 19 figure gravity feed.

Thanks. I was hoping for some teaser images, but they'll come in time. Also, that Elseworlds set sounds like I need to sock back some cash in preparation.

Posigniat
May 31, 2011

I'm doing an event in next week and I was wondering if I could get some feedback. It's using modified Unlimited Class Wrestling Rules, 6x6 square only, and you start with your lowest point wrestler only on the map. When they are KO'd you place your next highest point cost figure from outside the map on an edge furthest away from the opposing figure. It starts at 100, then 150 and finally 200 points. Here's what I've got so far:

Con Exclusive Question - 100
World's Finest Mary Marvel - 150
SMWW Wonder Woman - 200

I figure that in a map area that small with no ranged attacks Outwit, Probability Control and Perplex are going to be king, so I'm building around shutting those off while still having access to them on my side. Two of my three having the Mystic TA was just icing on the cake. Any ideas or changes to this list? No special objects, possessors or resources that I know of, just pure figure on figure action.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

I think your 150 and 200 point choices are inspired and I couldn't do better. For 100 I think you could do better.

I think the SR Beast from UXM would be king. 20 defense up close and you'll be close enough to maximize his super outwit

Posigniat
May 31, 2011

Morand posted:

I think your 150 and 200 point choices are inspired and I couldn't do better. For 100 I think you could do better.

I think the SR Beast from UXM would be king. 20 defense up close and you'll be close enough to maximize his super outwit

That looks like one hard to kill Beast, I'll have to pick him up. I was also thinking Element Man from World's Finest as my 100 slot but Beast has an incredible amount of survivability that I don't think I could match.

Torrent
Apr 18, 2003
" . . . "
At Origins this year, the two kings of the 100-point division were the low dials for White Lantern Martian Manhunter and Red Son Superman. Stop clicks, Regen, and other forms of healing are huge in one-on-one battles.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

Today I learned that Grey Gage with an entity and some perplex is patently unfair. Cost me an arm and a leg to get one but drat is he a good piece.

That's not what I want to post about though. Next week is my absolute favorite game of the year. 2016 points. No restrictions. They've even bumped the action total up to 20 so things will get even sillier.

I'm torn between 2 teams.

Team 1 is Apokolips. I played a variation of it last year and it did super well, only lost because of points. You just stack bonuses on top of bonuses until your generics have a 12 attack and 4 damage.

SLOSH Darkseid at 350 with a full utility belt
Lydea Mallor
Brimstone at 20
WF Supergirl at 200
WF Desaad
SMWW Bruutal
SMWW Steppenwolf
5 SMWW Parademons
10 TW 50 Point Generic Parademons
7 B&TB Parademon Grunts
1 Parademon Pog

2014 points

Basically as soon as you cross the middle of the map good things begin to happen to your generics. Bruutal gives a +1 attack, when they have one token they get another plus one attack and damage from Darkseid, and if they hit they lose a token and next turn do it all again. Utility Belt gives Darkseid a way to heal as well as turn off TA's as I need to be able to outwit the colossals I'll be seeing.

Assuming that all my attacks hit and Darkseid is on a +2 click I can KO an 1800 point Galactus (Last years winner) in a single turn. If Darkseid isn't on a +2, I can hit him to his second to last click or so.

Team 2 is S.H.I.E.L.D.

I haven't quite finalized the team yet but I know it will have the SR Iron Man, SR Steve Rodgers, SR I murder things Nick Iron Nail, most of the field team, a full power plant and a massive pile of generics. A sample build I had ended up with over 45 pieces in the build. Basically surround IM with Cheap figures (in sample build 5 thugs and some snipers) and roll 10+ leaderships a turn. Throw generics at things and watch as they shut poo poo down and buff the rest of the team, base colossals with Iron Nail to drain them. It's a lot more experimental and I basically just want to roll a coffee can of dice for leaderships homestly.

Any thoughts?

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Morand posted:

Any thoughts?
NO APOKALIPS :mad:

or at least take the goddamn utility belt off Darkseid, you fucker

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

CapnAndy posted:

NO APOKALIPS :mad:

or at least take the goddamn utility belt off Darkseid, you fucker

NO YOU

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Morand posted:

Today I learned that Grey Gage with an entity and some perplex is patently unfair. Cost me an arm and a leg to get one but drat is he a good piece.

That's not what I want to post about though. Next week is my absolute favorite game of the year. 2016 points. No restrictions. They've even bumped the action total up to 20 so things will get even sillier.

I'm torn between 2 teams.

Team 1 is Apokolips. I played a variation of it last year and it did super well, only lost because of points. You just stack bonuses on top of bonuses until your generics have a 12 attack and 4 damage.

Lydea Mallor
Brimstone at 20
WF Supergirl at 200
WF Desaad
SMWW Bruutal
SMWW Steppenwolf
5 SMWW Parademons
10 TW 50 Point Generic Parademons
7 B&TB Parademon Grunts
1 Parademon Pog

2014 points

Basically as soon as you cross the middle of the map good things begin to happen to your generics. Bruutal gives a +1 attack, when they have one token they get another plus one attack and damage from Darkseid, and if they hit they lose a token and next turn do it all again. Utility Belt gives Darkseid a way to heal as well as turn off TA's as I need to be able to outwit the colossals I'll be seeing.

Assuming that all my attacks hit and Darkseid is on a +2 click I can KO an 1800 point Galactus (Last years winner) in a single turn. If Darkseid isn't on a +2, I can hit him to his second to last click or so.

Team 2 is S.H.I.E.L.D.

I haven't quite finalized the team yet but I know it will have the SR Iron Man, SR Steve Rodgers, SR I murder things Nick Iron Nail, most of the field team, a full power plant and a massive pile of generics. A sample build I had ended up with over 45 pieces in the build. Basically surround IM with Cheap figures (in sample build 5 thugs and some snipers) and roll 10+ leaderships a turn. Throw generics at things and watch as they shut poo poo down and buff the rest of the team, base colossals with Iron Nail to drain them. It's a lot more experimental and I basically just want to roll a coffee can of dice for leaderships homestly.

Any thoughts?

Did you just buy Gage on eBay from someone in Virginia?

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

Red posted:

Did you just buy Gage on eBay from someone in Virginia?

I got it from a local guy who won it at his store

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Morand posted:

I got it from a local guy who won it at his store

Ohhh. A player won it in a Battle Royale we had, and immediately put it up on eBay - he got about $70 for it, I think.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,
And rise the M.C. Etrigan!

Next weekend we're running 500 Golden with the requirement that your team include characters from at least two universes. Tonight I was discussing the fact that three different Commissioner Gordons still let you do the trick with DC10 Lex Luthor where he becomes an engine of destruction by copying the GCPD ATA, so I'm considering running a Politician theme to do just that. I thought of using the Millennium Stone because some of the Millenium Items are just nuts in general, and more specifically the Millennium Ring would let me give Improved Targeting: Characters to DC10 Lex, which would allow him to tote a meat shield of some kind around for added protection. I'm thinking power suit Lex gets the Ring, Black Lightning gets the Puzzle, President Lex gets the Eye, Mr. Nobody gets the Key, and then I dole out to more items to Senator Kelly and Commissioner Gordon. Any thoughts on how to improve this?
pre:
D10A020	Lex Luthor		160
WF006	Mr. Nobody		55
WKD15-004 President Lex Luthor	98
JW007	Commissioner Gordon	30
DOFP008	Senator Robert Kelly	42
JW014	Black Lightning		75
**ATA	GCPD			2
BOTMR100 Millennium Stone	7
	all 7 Millennium Items	28
-----------------------------------
			Total:	497
			Theme: Politician

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

Maniac I've never played the millennial stuff so I can't rate it. I find black lightning to be a big glass cannon most times. I also feel like you could use a little close combat as you are very ranged oriented at the time. Politicians best puncher is a chase though so I'm at a loss for any ways to improve it. Love that lex though, he's a favorite.

Today was my favorite game the year. The 2017 let all the silliness hang out game.

I ended up running apocalypse. The shield team was just too drat gimmicky and I couldn't make it work.

Lydea Mallor
Brimstone at 20
WF Supergirl at 200
WF Desaad
SMWW Bruutal
SMWW Steppenwolf
4 SMWW Parademons
11 TW 50 Point Generic Parademons
7 B&TB Parademon Grunts
Great Darkness ATA
Nightwing ID card

2017 Points

God I love this team. The amount of utterly insane synergy you have is just absurd. With all the bonuses you can stack you end up with ridiculous damage and attack values. Generics get 12's for 4. Supergirl and Brutaal and basically the hammer and nail. Supergirl was a big target in 2 of the 3 games I played though, I had to burn thorough a ton of parademons to keep her alive.

I'm not going to type a recap cause the teams were huge. Beat Andy's Black Lanterns round 1, a 19 person Guardians of the Galaxy team in round 2 after I dropped 3 despair tokens on him, and an 8 person Asgardian team that had an amazing amount of damage and did KO 500 points of Generics but even the All Father can't stand against the omega force (represented by the Bat Belt)

If you ever have a game this large I really encourage you to try out this team. It's amazing.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

I played for the first time in many months. 600 points, one fig had to be 250.

I decided to make a ridiculous Soldier team based around Black Lantern John Stewart bringing back people and machines from the dead. I ran the War Wheel at 275 with him, as well as Jonah Hex (a Confederate soldier he was going to force to make amends) and Frankenstein (he's a bag of dead parts anyway).

First game, I lost to AoA Magneto and Phoenix Prime, but the second game I rolled against Darkseid and Validus, and I had a lovely time because Jonah Hex basically shot Darkseid twice, one in each eye, to end the Omega Beam threat. War Wheel backup helped, of course, but I like calling shots for Jonah Hex because there's always something fun about the games whenever I play him where I get to do a little trash talk about how badass he is.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

ManiacClown posted:

Next weekend we're running 500 Golden with the requirement that your team include characters from at least two universes.

I like that concept a ton - aren't there a few theme keywords that cross over?

- Ravagers
- Outlaws
- Edit: Atlantis

What else am I missing?

quote:

Tonight I was discussing the fact that three different Commissioner Gordons still let you do the trick with DC10 Lex Luthor where he becomes an engine of destruction by copying the GCPD ATA, so I'm considering running a Politician theme to do just that. I thought of using the Millennium Stone because some of the Millenium Items are just nuts in general, and more specifically the Millennium Ring would let me give Improved Targeting: Characters to DC10 Lex, which would allow him to tote a meat shield of some kind around for added protection. I'm thinking power suit Lex gets the Ring, Black Lightning gets the Puzzle, President Lex gets the Eye, Mr. Nobody gets the Key, and then I dole out to more items to Senator Kelly and Commissioner Gordon. Any thoughts on how to improve this?
pre:
D10A020	Lex Luthor		160
WF006	Mr. Nobody		55
WKD15-004 President Lex Luthor	98
JW007	Commissioner Gordon	30
DOFP008	Senator Robert Kelly	42
JW014	Black Lightning		75
**ATA	GCPD			2
BOTMR100 Millennium Stone	7
	all 7 Millennium Items	28
-----------------------------------
			Total:	497
			Theme: Politician

I always forget just how devastating Senator Kelly can be to opposing theme teams. If someone on your force has Incap, you could really go hog wild.

Red fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Jan 9, 2017

Torrent
Apr 18, 2003
" . . . "

Red posted:

I like that concept a ton - aren't there a few theme keywords that cross over?

- Ravagers
- Outlaws
- Edit: Atlantis

What else am I missing?

The Mage Knight set crosses multiple boundaries, with Amazon and Elf both showing up.
Duhg's Army, of course, lets you do whatever you want. I've played The Theme-iest Theme Team That Has Ever Been Themed, which is a 14-universe named theme team due to him.

If you want to break theme, you can have some fun doing things like merging the Brotherhood of Evil with the Brotherhood of Mutants, or running team 'different universe, same name.'

Volfogg
Dec 19, 2010

Some say she was raised by sentient birds, and that test subjects replicating her equipment were horribly broken.

All we know is she's called
The Hunter

Torrent posted:

The Mage Knight set crosses multiple boundaries, with Amazon and Elf both showing up.
Duhg's Army, of course, lets you do whatever you want. I've played The Theme-iest Theme Team That Has Ever Been Themed, which is a 14-universe named theme team due to him.

This is exactly why I always loved Duhg. Just smash all the universes together!

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Morand posted:

Today was my favorite game the year. The 2017 let all the silliness hang out game.
I always try to do something to honor the previous year, and since 2016 was The Year That Killed Everything, I decided that Black Lanterns -- murderous zombies who need to troll you before you die -- were the perfect tribute. I ran:

Nekron (Darkness Incarnate)
Anti-Monitor (300 points)
Firestorm
Galius Zed
Aquaman
Martian Manhunter (White Lantern LE), possessed by Black Hand
Black Lantern Risen horde token x4
Black Lantern Power Battery with Nurse, Decoy, Scissors, Wall, Sniper Rifle, and Spotlight

I knew that bringing six dudes to a slugfest was an invitation to get loving swarmed, but I also knew one other thing: Nekron has a trait that adds anyone I KO to my force, on any click I want (they go away immediately if they take any damage or miss an attack), and nobody was going to see that coming.

Round 1 was against Morand's Apokalips team. I flat out do not think that team is beatable. I'm serious, it can't be done. I put up my best showing ever against it, KOing a respectable amount of Parademons and Steppenwulf, and only lost the Anti-Monitor and Firestorm when time was called. If things had gone on I think I could have even made a real fight out of it, because Bruutal and Supergirl were both right in the faces of all my guys, and if I can kill either one of them and put them on my side, the game changes real quick -- especially if I can pick off a few more Parademons, power up to full, and start taking infinite turns. Oh well.

Round 2 was against a huge Thunderbolts swarm, all of them using the ATA to be Mystics. I went through them like an absolute buzzsaw, losing absolutely nobody this round, although the mystics thing slowed me down because it meant that my zombies would only get one attack off no matter what; either they'd miss and go away, or hit, take mystics feedback, and go away. I still managed to pull off chain reaction after chain reaction of killing guys, using them to kill their friend, using that guy to kill another guy, and so on. Powered up Nekron to full and even got to make three extra turn rolls, but I missed them all and time was called during that turn anyway.

Round 3 was against the Green Lanterns, complete with their power battery. As soon as I saw that team I wanted to play it, and was extremely excited to get the pairing. I gave the Sniper Rifle to Firestorm (that's a nasty combo, by the way) to get in an alpha strike on John Stewart, and he retaliated by TKing Boodikka, Laira, and Guy Gardner right into my face to occupy me and hopefully buzzsaw some dudes down. I lost Firestorm, but then killed all three of them and sent them back to their former comrades. They killed John Stewart, Jade, and a GL recruit for me. Kyle, Arisia, and Kilowog managed to clear away the zombies, but now they were out of close combat guys and couldn't trade fire with me at range, not when I had two colossals with 10 range and a sniper rifle construct to hand out as needed. The writing was on the wall when time got called.

Overall I was very happy with the team. They played like proper horror movie zombies -- not a lot of them to start off with, but nearly impossible to kill and all of your dead are my reinforcements. Definitely had a lot of fun playing them.

Posigniat
May 31, 2011

Played in the wrestling match the other day. The venue failed to tell people that they would be open on the 1st and due to this only three people including myself showed up so the judge joined in last minute and played as well. I didn’t know it was Golden Age so here was my assembled team –

100 – UXM Beast (Thank you Morand)

150 – World’s Finest Mary Marvel

200 – SMWW Wonder Woman

The first opponent I played after roll off was the Judge. He took about five minutes to throw this team together -

100 – The Thing with 18 defense and 4 damage on top click

150 – Slosh Bizarro

200 – Kuurth (Which turned into a zombie halfway through)

This was an interesting match for the first half. Mostly luck, but I pulled off every super senses against The Thing which was good as otherwise I would have died pretty fast against that damage. He went first, missed his first charge attack and on my turn I was able to Outwit his Invuln and pound him for three. He and I then cleared. He hit me, this time getting the ten needed to hit, but I evaded with my supersenses. I outwit his defense power and hit him again, knocking him into Willpower and Toughness. He went for another attack with his 8, hoping for a 12, which he missed. He and I cleared again. He attacked and missed again and I attacked, hitting his 16 easy for two. He was up to four damage again and rolled double 6’s to hit, which would have nearly killed me, but I landed super senses number two. He and I cleared once again and after another miss from him I attacked and KO’d the Thing without taking any damage! I was impressed by the sheer amount of life that Thing possessed for 100 points.

He brought out the Bizarro next and that’s where my luck turned slightly. His first action was to roll into hypersonic and run across the map. He hit double sixes again and I missed my super senses, taking three from the attack and knocking me into a weaker click. I cleared and he decided to attack again because he didn’t take pushing damage but missed. The rest of the fight I hit him only once taking off a single token, and he took his sweet time beating me into the ground. Beast down! Mary Marvel came out next and I was super glad she was around. Having probability control saved the day and she managed to hypersonic him for a token, then break away back to the starting corner. Bizarro’s turn he rolled and got sidestep, which meant he couldn’t get close enough to hit me. Queue the Benny Hill music as I would run up and punch him, then run to another corner to get away from him, taking his Bizarro tokens off. Any time he came in to hit me I would probability control the attack, making it super easy to kite him. I was finally hit once near the end when he had a single token left, dropping me to my second click. I finished him off and was feeling pretty good about myself.  Boy was I wrong.

Kurrth came out and I was dominated by this guy. He charged in and hit me for five which I got down to a three. I hit him back for three but he pulled off his impervious roll, staying on top click. After smashing me into pulp again I landed on my stop click with regen. A six brought me back up to full so I was pretty happy. We hit each other back and forth a few times, me bringing him down to click 6, which is where things really went wrong. He used his special power to swap Kuurth out for a zombie Juggernaut with his hammer attached to it. That thing had an eleven to hit naturally on click six and with the hammer he was hitting me with a 13. Having steal energy and flurry meant that I couldn’t really damage it and when he finally killed Mary she had four virus tokens on her, adding her to his force. I pulled out Wonder Woman but I couldn’t deal with two vs. one, even with her awesome outnumbered tokens and was quickly taken out, managing to get juggernaut down to what must have been close to death twice, but he had that dang flurry and steal energy combo. Loss for me.

My second opponent brought an Avengers theme team because he thought it had to be one.

100 – Spider man who changed into other spider men

150 – Hulk that got rage tokens

200 – Ares

This one was pretty easy for the first two, Ares was his best guy from what I saw. Beast was incredible the first round, slamming into Spiderman and knocking him off his special where I couldn’t target him with Outwit. I then Outwit his perplex and passed. He tried to hit but 9 vs 20 was too much. Being at that point in his dial I guess was bad news for any of his forms, as he didn’t change into another form. A little bit of clearing later and I managed to take him without any damage on the Beast.

Next up was the Hulk. I’m not sure what was supposed to happen here, but I was only hit by him once and managed to KO him in two turns after outwitting his defense powers.

Ares came out and mulched my Beast because I couldn’t Outwit anything. Mary Marvel was up next and it was a lot of back and forth, me doing a lot less because of his slash marker. I hit my stop click with an action token on me and I regened for 1.  He killed me next turn, healing him to click six with his power. Wonder Woman came out top dial and laid down the Amazonian justice on him, easily finishing him after a good hit and mystics feedback.

From what I could see from the other table the judge won without much effort even though his first pick wasn’t super strong and he gave the Toy Soldiers to all three of us for coming in which was cool.  Most work done would have to go to Beast, trying to hit a 20 top dial is pretty much impossible for a lot of 100 point dudes if they get hit first and Outwit was doing work the whole evening. If I played this type of game again I don’t know what I would bring to fight that Kuurth combo, I don’t think I have anything that can compete.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

So for winning the 2017 event I got to make an event for the store and came up with this.

Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon's Heroclix

600 points. Figures only. (No resources, ID's, equipment, etc) Your team must have at least 6 figures on it. Each figure added to your force must be connected to the previous one by a keyword and you can't use the same keyword twice.

Example:
Dr Strange is a defender with
Beast who is an x man with
Colossus who shares armor with
Spider Knight who shares spider man family with
Superior Spider Man who shares avengers with
Redwing who shares robot with
Foot Soldier

I basically take it as a challenge to build a theme team. I've managed to make a TMNT Ally, TMNT Villain, Spider-Man Family, and Gotham City Underworld.

What would you guys run?

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Morand posted:

I basically take it as a challenge to build a theme team. I've managed to make a TMNT Ally, TMNT Villain, Spider-Man Family, and Gotham City Underworld.

What would you guys run?
UXM Beast is Avengers with
AOUM Scarlet Witch who is Mystical with
UXM Scarlet Witch who is Lady Liberators with
LE She-Hulk who is Brute with
AOUM Hulk at 250 points

595, Avengers theme team, triggers both Beast and Scarlet Witch's synergy traits, doesn't violate Highlander, and I've even got an out for a hypothetical higher point build because AOUM Hulk is Monster with DP Venom who has Circle of Four, SHIELD, Soldier, Spider-Man Family, and Thunderbolts keywords, none of which I've used, each of which can link to at least one more Avenger.

:boom:

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

CapnAndy posted:

UXM Beast is Avengers with
AOUM Scarlet Witch who is Mystical with
UXM Scarlet Witch who is Lady Liberators with
LE She-Hulk who is Brute with
AOUM Hulk at 250 points

595, Avengers theme team, triggers both Beast and Scarlet Witch's synergy traits, doesn't violate Highlander, and I've even got an out for a hypothetical higher point build because AOUM Hulk is Monster with DP Venom who has Circle of Four, SHIELD, Soldier, Spider-Man Family, and Thunderbolts keywords, none of which I've used, each of which can link to at least one more Avenger.

:boom:

You do realize you need at least 6 dudes on your team right?

For reference here was my TMNT Ally team.

TMNT 2 Renet Tilley has TMNT ally with
Chase TMNT 1 Leo who has Animal with
Chase TMNT 1 Raph who has Martial Artist with
Chase TMNT 1 Michaelangelo who has TMNT with
Chase TMNT 1 Donatello who has Scientist with
TMNT 2 Fugitoid who has robot with
TMNT 2 25 point IRMA who has TMNT Villain with
TMNT 1 Slash who has Mutanimals with
TMNT 1 Leatherhead

590 points.

Morand fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Jan 11, 2017

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Has anyone tried this SHIELD ATA?:

I'm just wondering if it covers a lack of taxis on a SHIELD team.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

I've not used it but I'm not a fan. You need to jump through too many hoops to use it, and most cheap shield pieces you could yank over are better at range.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Next week we're doing four player 400 point shock the turtle, and I've made too many teams. I don't care about winning so my focus for building has been on controlled knockback to shove people towards the enclosing wall of death, or tricks to hold them in place and suffer damage that way. So far I've got:

Secret Society:
Mallah
Felix Faust
Amazo
Crazy Quilt

Basically just hope to roll onto a suitably annoying Faust spell while the rest do their thing, Quilt seemed fun in a multiplayer scenario.

Outlaws:
Silver Sable w/Spidey family Ata
AA Sandman
Cat prime
Battlestar

This one I've just had in my back pocket for a while, but Sandman throwing down a Barrier around somebody and leaving out while they take damage seemed funny.

All New X-Men
FF Jean, Cyke, Beast, Angel
UXM Iceman, X-23

Iceman can lock down with barrier while Jean and Cyke reposition whomever I want, the rest are also there.

Rogues
Captain Cold
Heat wave
Weather Wizard
FF Mirror Master
Task force X or Rogues ATA

Cold throws ice blocks everywhere, heat wave either lands attacks or boxes somebody in, 2/3 of Wizard's special power can result in a chance to knockback, and they can copy Suicide squad to heal as they die.

Defenders
Goliath
SR iceman
Nighthawk
DofP Angel
Avengers Response Unit

Another team I've just had in the back of my mind. Iceman would be a great way to lock down many figures at once, but otherwise it just seemed fun, possibly incredibly fun if I can convince the right opponent to choose the option for Nighthawk that gives all figures not friendly to nighthawk -1 defense.

Thoughts?

Morand posted:

I've not used it but I'm not a fan. You need to jump through too many hoops to use it, and most cheap shield pieces you could yank over are better at range.

Not to mention that the other Shield ATA is great for when somebody miscalculated the range of an Outwit.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Morand posted:

That's what I wondered, but I feel like you could really cash in on all the SHIELD figures that have the 'Opposing characters adjacent to two or more friendly characters with the S.H.I.E.L.D. keyword can't use X' trait.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,
And rise the M.C. Etrigan!

Red posted:

That's what I wondered, but I feel like you could really cash in on all the SHIELD figures that have the 'Opposing characters adjacent to two or more friendly characters with the S.H.I.E.L.D. keyword can't use X' trait.

That right there is probably why it's costed at 5.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

Sanschel posted:

Defenders
Goliath
SR iceman
Nighthawk
DofP Angel
Avengers Response Unit

If its not too late for your event. I like this team the best.

• Locked thread