Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:
:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:
:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:

Happiness posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwz49O_bHHo

don't worry friends there's new mcelroy podcast content everyone can enjoy
"We're gonna punch the moon" is definitely my new favorite McElroy catchphrase

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I caught up with TAZ and now I have to wait between episodes like a normal person :(.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Happiness posted:

I like that these end when Charlie gets bored and takes her headphones off

Kojiro
Aug 11, 2003

LET'S GET TO THE TOP!

Happiness posted:

After she is done kicking Travis' rear end she is gonna punch the moon! This kid is going places.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
I thought the Flophouse TAZ was better than the first one. The guys had a better grip on their characters I think, even though Dan was pretty clearly drunk.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I thought this was great, better than the majority of the normal crews episodes, for a few reasons. The players actually role played their characters a hell off a lot more, were a lot more in character, has very funny rapport in character, had much more detailed backstories and character development despite having only done this once. And the characters seemed like they were actually friends that knew each other rather than three people thrown in a room constantly going in their own directions and telling each other what to do.

And it built very well on the campaign setting with the idea that there are more of these relics out there, but more minor ones.

The fourth, non regular flopper in particular I thought was amazing. Especially his diatribes saying he was sure mine workers were always well treated across the world.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

greatn posted:

I thought this was great, better than the majority of the normal crews episodes, for a few reasons. The players actually role played their characters a hell off a lot more, were a lot more in character, has very funny rapport in character, had much more detailed backstories and character development despite having only done this once. And the characters seemed like they were actually friends that knew each other rather than three people thrown in a room constantly going in their own directions and telling each other what to do.

And it built very well on the campaign setting with the idea that there are more of these relics out there, but more minor ones.

The fourth, non regular flopper in particular I thought was amazing. Especially his diatribes saying he was sure mine workers were always well treated across the world.

Dan was drunk by the end though, right?

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Seemed perfectly in character. And he wasn't doing anything as dumb or distracting as Magnus does on a weekly basis, instead neatly wrapping up multiple plots with simple actions.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Mr E posted:

I caught up with TAZ and now I have to wait between episodes like a normal person :(.

I'm half way through 11th Hour and I keep trying to slow down because I don't want to be caught up but also I can't slow down because it's so drat good.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I was listening to this week's MBMBAM and thanks to listening to the backlog in reverse I find myself lost in the Tim Curry CHEESE PIZZA timestream, i forget what is present and future and past now. Is the CHEESE PIZZA a modern occurrence? is it all from last year?? I can't know anymore!

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

I feel like there is a couple of CHEESE PIZZAs hidden in the Boneyard but it's mostly been over the last year or so.

Deport The Irish
Nov 25, 2013
Stop sobbing and rending your garments about The Flop House and watch the secret 4th brother use the latest animation technology to talk about video games he likes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bd5_vOKwe_Y

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008

Deport The Irish posted:

Stop sobbing and rending your garments about The Flop House and watch the secret 4th brother use the latest animation technology to talk about video games he likes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bd5_vOKwe_Y

Griffin's top 5 video may have convinced me to get Stardew Valley, and I essentially never play video games at all.

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

Adventure Zone: I laughed very hard at "cut to the dining room. Ooh chilli!"

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

greatn posted:

Seemed perfectly in character. And he wasn't doing anything as dumb or distracting as Magnus does on a weekly basis, instead neatly wrapping up multiple plots with simple actions.

I didn't mean that he was out of character, but he sort of stops talking eventually and Stuart had to prompt him to do anything.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy
Over the past month or so I've binged so much McElroy content it's not even funny. It started with Car Boys (seen all of that twice now), then that led to Coolgames Inc (listened to all of that twice as well). That led to The Adventure Zone (on my 2nd listenthrough now), and I've gone back and listened to a few months worth of MBMBAM, and now I'm cherry picking random episodes of that here and there based on this thread's suggestions, YouTube clips, etc. Also watched all of the Nuzlocke run, all of the Monster Factory videos, and most of the McElroy Polygon content. And I plan to start listening to Rose Buddies when the new Bachelor series starts next week. Over the past couple days I've blown through this entire thread as well in order to read peoples thoughts on Coolgames and TAZ.

It's safe to say I'm hooked on these sweet, sweet boys, especially Griffin (I'm also quite partial to Nick) I have so, so much to say now that I'm finally caught up here...

...but instead I'll just share this TAZ Animatic that was posted earlier this week. Can't believe nobody has posted it in here yet, because I'm pretty sure it's undeniably the best animatic posted to YouTube thus far, and it's going to be REALLY tough to beat going forward.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnrwQwqNUmw

The Schwa
Jul 1, 2008

I don't think I've ever seen an episode of any Bachelor franchise show and I still dig Rose Buddies

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Bachelorette Canada was the first I watched along with and it was better when actually watching, but the previous 2 seasons (plus all the Rose Buddiez episodes) where I didn't watch were still good.

I'm going to watch Nick's season though as my first time watching the US one. I expect it to be quite gross.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
It's going to be wet and wild. So good.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
Terrace house coming in January. Soon my life will have meaning again.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
What was that absurd medical question Justin bellowed out at at Sydnee? Something about a dick? Also, what episode was that?

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Drunkboxer posted:

What was that absurd medical question Justin bellowed out at at Sydnee? Something about a dick? Also, what episode was that?

It was "why doesn't the penis gain fat?" and I can't remember which episode that was right now.

Colander Crotch
Nov 24, 2005

I- I don't even know what you just called me!
I think when he came back was one of the best bits. "She said Jesus. I don't think she is a very good doctor guys."

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

purple death ray posted:

It was "why doesn't the penis gain fat?" and I can't remember which episode that was right now.

Here's the clip, it's from #182

flatluigi fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Dec 30, 2016

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

timp posted:

Over the past month or so I've binged so much McElroy content it's not even funny. It started with Car Boys (seen all of that twice now), then that led to Coolgames Inc (listened to all of that twice as well). That led to The Adventure Zone (on my 2nd listenthrough now), and I've gone back and listened to a few months worth of MBMBAM, and now I'm cherry picking random episodes of that here and there based on this thread's suggestions, YouTube clips, etc. Also watched all of the Nuzlocke run, all of the Monster Factory videos, and most of the McElroy Polygon content. And I plan to start listening to Rose Buddies when the new Bachelor series starts next week. Over the past couple days I've blown through this entire thread as well in order to read peoples thoughts on Coolgames and TAZ.

It's safe to say I'm hooked on these sweet, sweet boys, especially Griffin (I'm also quite partial to Nick) I have so, so much to say now that I'm finally caught up here...

...but instead I'll just share this TAZ Animatic that was posted earlier this week. Can't believe nobody has posted it in here yet, because I'm pretty sure it's undeniably the best animatic posted to YouTube thus far, and it's going to be REALLY tough to beat going forward.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnrwQwqNUmw

That's great, except all I see are white people in the video and it's blinding me.

/s

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Democratic Pirate posted:

That's great, except all I see are white people in the video and it's blinding me.

/s

I mean I know what you meant this comment to be but it is a little unfortunate that one of the few canonically dark-skinned characters (the director) is the whitest character in that entire intro

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

oh I loved this bit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m683t9bRf3M

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

E: Shoulda refreshed

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

flatluigi posted:

I mean I know what you meant this comment to be but it is a little unfortunate that one of the few canonically dark-skinned characters (the director) is the whitest character in that entire intro

The Director isn't "canonically" dark-skinned. There's no TAZ "canon" to any character's skin tones. And if we're going by fan-art portrayals as "typical" (which is what you actually meant to say) I've almost always seen The Director portrayed as a Helen Mirren type old regal white lady, and the typically black characters include Angus (who I've seen about 50/50 black/white split), Kravitz (Lenny Kravitz), and Johann, who I don't think I've ever seen drawn non-black.

The fans don't determine creative direction of a product. The creators do.

NieR Occomata fucked around with this message at 05:44 on Dec 31, 2016

Martian Manfucker
Dec 27, 2012

misandry is real
i really enjoyed the flip house guys doing the adventure zone.

in fact I enjoyed it so much that I went back and listened to their first switcheroo episode and I enjoyed that too. I don't play DND so maybe I don't notice them being bad at the game but I thought they were very personable and funny.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
In The Suffering Game the Director is described as a dark-skinned woman, she's like literally the only character in the entire podcast with a specified skintone.

kmzh
Feb 21, 2011

Lick! The! Whisk! posted:

The Director isn't "canonically" dark-skinned. There's no TAZ "canon" to any character's skin tones. And if we're going by fan-art portrayals as "typical" (which is what you actually meant to say)

It's always fun when somebody is a complete rear end about something _and_ is 100% wrong.

kmzh fucked around with this message at 08:35 on Dec 31, 2016

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

purple death ray posted:

Haha, how did I forget.

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
CoolGames Inc. presents the Spike TV Games of the Year

Got two in: Oh Beehive! and Hanna-Barbera vs. Capcom

A Great Big Bee! fucked around with this message at 12:31 on Dec 31, 2016

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!

kmzh posted:

It's always fun when somebody is a complete rear end about something _and_ is 100% wrong.

that's The Toxx Experience in a nutshell

if you'd like some more take a peep at his post history

standard owl
Jan 9, 2011

Lick! The! Whisk! posted:

The fans don't determine creative direction of a product. The creators do.

...and in this case, the creators have explicitly encouraged people to interpret the characters however they want in terms of representation??

anyways, here's the J-man's Top 5 of the year https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-0t3KrAhkc

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

YggiDee posted:

In The Suffering Game the Director is described as a dark-skinned woman, she's like literally the only character in the entire podcast with a specified skintone.

Yeah, I forgot to post about it at the time but I was surprised when that happened. He described her as a "dark-skinned, light-haired" woman off the cuff as though they were well established facts and not the first time either of those characteristics had been described in the multiple years since she had been introduced. It would be like if Travis one day just offhandedly mentioned Magnus having heterochromia. I think that Griffin probably has one particular favorite design in mind that he pictures whenever he plays her, and he was describing that.

ImPureAwesome
Sep 6, 2007

the king of the beach

Ariong posted:

Yeah, I forgot to post about it at the time but I was surprised when that happened. He described her as a "dark-skinned, light-haired" woman off the cuff as though they were well established facts and not the first time either of those characteristics had been described in the multiple years since she had been introduced. It would be like if Travis one day just offhandedly mentioned Magnus having heterochromia. I think that Griffin probably has one particular favorite design in mind that he pictures whenever he plays her, and he was describing that.
I think I remember people were mad a couple weeks ago that there werent any explicit minorities in the show. I assumed it was an answer to that

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

No, people were upset because the early character designs for the upcoming TAZ graphic novel were predominantly white. It would be weird if somebody had that complaint about the actual show because, like, says who? They dont look like anything. You can draw them however you want.

In fact, that's exactly the reason why people didn't like most of the characters being white. That's the way things always are, super boring, waste of potential, etc. They said they'll work on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImPureAwesome
Sep 6, 2007

the king of the beach

Ariong posted:

No, people were upset because the early character designs for the upcoming TAZ graphic novel were predominantly white. It would be weird if somebody had that complaint about the actual show because, like, says who? They dont look like anything. You can draw them however you want.

In fact, that's exactly the reason why people didn't like most of the characters being white. That's the way things always are, super boring, waste of potential, etc. They said they'll work on it.

Yeah, right, I assume it was his way of saying "yeah, you're right, there should be minorities in the story" maybe not, it's just a guess