Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Super No Vacancy posted:

you probably dont need X tbh it doesnt have that many songs whereas the future tone dealie has a shitload

This is true but the quality of X's songs is top notch, it's a real good selection. It also has dialogue and I think that's hilarious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/LittlewoodsHelp/status/814431646615293952

This is probably the first real mention of Vita I've seen officially from any retailer in a while.

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

Alder posted:

As described for every game on vita.

A co-worker asked me if he should invest in a vita. I pointed out all the highest rated games and told him with a straight face "If you can cope with anime tiddies you can invest in this system" the vita conversation died about a minute later.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Alder posted:

As described for every game on vita.

No some are still bad past the fan service

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

AkumaHokoru posted:

A co-worker asked me if he should invest in a vita. I pointed out all the highest rated games and told him with a straight face "If you can cope with anime tiddies you can invest in this system" the vita conversation died about a minute later.

I had this exact same conversation with a co-worker awhile ago. As much as I love the Vita, I just couldn't recommend it for him as he only owned Xbox consoles and was a fairly casual gamer.

Sakurazuka posted:

Are we thinking of Criminal Girls?

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy

BisterdDave posted:

I had this exact same conversation with a co-worker awhile ago. As much as I love the Vita, I just couldn't recommend it for him as he only owned Xbox consoles and was a fairly casual gamer.

You shouldn't be thinking of criminal girls.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Sakurazuka posted:

Yet another reminder to never pre-order but I feel like PC has ton of so-so games but I haven't given on it.

Also I don't really play fanservice games :sigh:

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

you should fix that

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

BisterdDave posted:

literally the exact same level of gaming too. this coworker brought a xb1 just for forza and is now bored with forza. its been about a month. i told him to at least find 5 games he wanted to play before purchase. -shrug-

Alder posted:

Also I don't really play fanservice games :sigh:

sorry to say but most of the good games and some of the bad games have a good bit of fan service in them

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Even Persona 4 has fan service.

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.

mfny posted:

That's what ive generally heard, though also have heard there is fair bit of sometimes very WTF fanservice there to.

It's pretty eye rolling considering nearly every monster is one good breeze away from an AO rating. Mechanics are great, the creepy subevents mostly involve lizette so if you never use her (get the dlc spieler, she rules) you'll be good to go.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

BisterdDave posted:

As an indie game portable with a nice screen, it's not a bad purchase though. I'm not sure if that would appeal to your friend but I have a friend who treats it that way and he loves it.

I do too. I'm not knee deep in the tiddy, I swear

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

bloodychill posted:

As an indie game portable with a nice screen, it's not a bad purchase though. I'm not sure if that would appeal to your friend but I have a friend who treats it that way and he loves it.

I do too. I'm not knee deep in the tiddy, I swear

Yeah, I guess advertising it as a portable PS1/indie console with a bunch of other features would be better than telling him "only if you really like niche anime games".

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Mine is a Wii U gamepad but for PS4

mfny
Aug 17, 2008

Stanos posted:

It's pretty eye rolling considering nearly every monster is one good breeze away from an AO rating. Mechanics are great, the creepy subevents mostly involve lizette so if you never use her (get the dlc spieler, she rules) you'll be good to go.

Eye rolling indeed, took about 5 minutes of gameplay to get to a totally over the top panty shot. Oh Japan...

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

I knew what I was getting into but I am VERY above it, as you can see.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

*buys game with panty shots in it*

man, this game is so dumb. those japanese are such disgusting perverts. *plays game with panty shots in it for 80 hours*

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

mfny posted:

Eye rolling indeed, took about 5 minutes of gameplay to get to a totally over the top panty shot. Oh Japan...

you bought Valkyrie Drive

mfny
Aug 17, 2008

Really Pants posted:

This is true. Not seen a panty shot in VD yet though strangely enough, I suspect this situation will not last much longer however..

Endorph posted:

*buys game with panty shots in it*

man, this game is so dumb. those japanese are such disgusting perverts. *plays game with panty shots in it for 80 hours*

I wasn't saying this at all.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy

Really Pants posted:

Except Valkyrie Drive is a game about how students come to terms with puberty.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Has the Wipeout on the vita held up

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

EPIC fat guy vids posted:

Except Valkyrie Drive is a game about how students come to terms with puberty.

are we talking about the characters or the players here

Ostentatious posted:

it's a launch title, and therefore one of the system's best

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Ostentatious posted:

All the Wipeout games you can play on Vita own, though the PSP games are somewhat stripped down obviously.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Ostentatious posted:

It's nice, and if you have Wipeout HD/Fury you get it free as DLC on the Vita. Plus, you can run the psp Wipeouts.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Isn't the vita wipeout part of the remaster that's coming out next year

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Help Im Alive posted:

Isn't the vita wipeout part of the remaster that's coming out next year

Yes, goodbye to yet another Vita exclusive. Not that I'm entirely complaining since Gravity Rush plays much better on a beefed console and Wipeout 2048 is 30 fps on Vita, which is supposed to be fixed on the remaster next year.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
So, my vita library consists of the following:
EDF2017
Virtue's Last Reward
Zero Time Dilemma
Gravity Rush
DJMax Technika Tune
Muramasa Rebirth
Lumines
Steins;Gate
Steins;Gate 0
Tales of Hearts R
Persona
Persona 2: Innocent Sin
Persona 2: Eternal Punishment
Persona 3 Portable
Person 4: Golden
Soul Sacrifice Delta
Hotline Miami
J-Stars Victory VS
Z.H.P.
Tactics Ogre
Valkyria Chronicles 2
Knights in the Nightmare
Corpse Party
Final Fantasy IV
Mega Man: Maverick Hunter
Castlevania: The Dracula X Collection
Final Fantasy VI
Binding of Isaac: Rebirth
Disgaea 3
Code: Realize

Am I a disgusting normie?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

AlternateNu posted:

So, my vita library consists of the following:
EDF2017
Virtue's Last Reward
Zero Time Dilemma
Gravity Rush
DJMax Technika Tune
Muramasa Rebirth
Lumines
Steins;Gate
Steins;Gate 0
Tales of Hearts R
Persona
Persona 2: Innocent Sin
Persona 2: Eternal Punishment
Persona 3 Portable
Person 4: Golden
Soul Sacrifice Delta
Hotline Miami
J-Stars Victory VS
Z.H.P.
Tactics Ogre
Valkyria Chronicles 2
Knights in the Nightmare
Corpse Party
Final Fantasy IV
Mega Man: Maverick Hunter
Castlevania: The Dracula X Collection
Final Fantasy VI
Binding of Isaac: Rebirth
Disgaea 3
Code: Realize

I like the cut of your jib sir and/or madam.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

AlternateNu posted:

You got a Vita, bro. You are anything but normal.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

What's Mega Man Maverick Hunter. Sounds cool

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

In Training posted:

It's a remake of the original Mega Man X. Some minor adjustments to design and a second mode where you can pay as Vile who has his own gameplay mechanics.

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Where's the anime tiddies get out reeeeeee

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

In Training posted:

PSP Mega Man X remake.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I might spend some serious moolah on getting my vita all fixed up by Sony. Won't be cheap, but I'd really like to play cartridges again.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

ImpAtom posted:

It's a remake of the original Mega Man X. Some minor adjustments to design and a second mode where you can pay as Vile who has his own gameplay mechanics.

That sounds pretty awesome. I'll have to check it out some day.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

In Training posted:

That sounds pretty awesome. I'll have to check it out some day.

It's pretty fun. It does a few things I think are dumb (it shuffles around the upgrade locations for some reason?) but it's mostly a solid enough remake. I'm not sure I'd recommend it over the original but I admit I like sprite graphics more so that biases me.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

You no longer get the dash boots in Chill Penguin's stage so there's actually a reason to start with a different one.

They also did a PSP remake of the original Megaman called Powered Up, but I never played it.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
And we would have gotten more of these remakes if they hadn't hilariously bombed, sadly.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

powered up has the megaman 7/8 problem of megaman feeling like too big a target, but it's fine. playing as the robot masters is sort of lame since it's mostly just like being locked to their weapon but they at least have infinite uses of it, so time man is pretty fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
Just finished Valiant Hearts. That was a pretty good game and I actually learned something too!