Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
stump collector
May 28, 2007
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7hdyZL2oM4

possibl y the greatest montage i've ever seen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

allowing skarner to get his passive when popping an E was a good idea but it's way too short, you hardly even notice it if you don't already know it works like that

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

stump collector posted:

this is why I play Janna, nothing shuts down idiot camping like a 2 second knockup to the face

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

stump collector posted:

bot lane is cool and fun to play

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
yesterday i long distance sniped a guy who thought he'd gotten away with redemption and it made me realise that support is kind of fun now

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Lovechop posted:

yesterday i long distance sniped a guy who thought he'd gotten away with redemption and it made me realise that support is kind of fun now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1m7u4WU2hs

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Riot why

why

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Anyone know if Riot will provide me with my full purchase history if I send them a ticket, or should I not bother?

Super Librarian
Jan 4, 2005

Lovechop posted:

Redemption is incredible and I got my first kill with it yesterday (though it wasn't a sick snipe attempt or anything, just in the middle of a teamfight).

One of my favorite new support things this season is the counter on Locket that tells you how much damage you've blocked total + your best. It feels really good to see something like 1500+ blocked with a single activation and 5k+ total

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Killed By Death posted:

Anyone know if Riot will provide me with my full purchase history if I send them a ticket, or should I not bother?
they can, it's just a matter of whether or not you're caught by an auto bot or if you've gotten a CS Rep that doesn't care. It's up to whoever picks up your ticket as to whether or not they want to go thru the effort for you sonce it's a low priority ticket

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
rammus is a cool guy

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

a medical mystery posted:

allowing skarner to get his passive when popping an E was a good idea but it's way too short, you hardly even notice it if you don't already know it works like that

it's also really nice since it procs on his ult which gives you the speed boost to haul someone further into your team.

Imo he's in a pretty good spot, the new passive prevents him from gassing himself in the jungle and he immediatly threatens a kill if he lands his E on someone when coming in to gank (massive slow +stun when skarner finally gets in melee range). The only thing he's lacking is a reward late game for picking someone off with his ult, especially since qss counters it so hard.

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Well this was a dumb game
http://matchhistory.euw.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/EUW1/2995671542/40898001?tab=overview

fun though, a lot of nailbiting defence around the shattered base.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
I'm baffled at so many things in that scoreboard

How does Ezreal deal less damage than support Sion

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

He kept getting removed from the fights by fizz without doing anything, whereas I was in the middle yelling at everything and not dying as much.

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

Shiphtur is actually doing pretty well in challenger with AP Ziggs "ADC" and an AD mid like Yasou. I'm not sure if this says more about NA challenger or ADCs in general.

LegalPad
Oct 23, 2013

I accidentally took smite and JG masteries w/ CotC on Vlad mid because I was on the phone during champ select and totally spaced out.

Proceeded to have the most hilarious game ever. Pushed my lane and then stole buffs, sniped dragon, made sure we always had both scuttles. Ended up 7/2/7

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

golden bubble posted:

Shiphtur is actually doing pretty well in challenger with AP Ziggs "ADC" and an AD mid like Yasou. I'm not sure if this says more about NA challenger or ADCs in general.

It's not really a weakness of adcs that Zigg's retarded pushing power can be abused to quickly take out the artificially weak bottom lane towers.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
Wait are the bot towers still weaker than the rest? Lmao I thought they reverted that stupid change

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
I swore that wasn't in anymore but that'd explain one more reason why every loving dickhead comes down to massacre me

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
It's a legitimate strategy to four-man bot and even if they run away you just take the first tower

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Darth Windu posted:

Wait are the bot towers still weaker than the rest? Lmao I thought they reverted that stupid change
What the gently caress, is this real? Isn't it bad enough bot gets endlessly dived this season but the towers are actually weaker?

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

it was part of their strategy to prevent lane swapping since you can no longer trade top and bot outer towers in roughly the same time frame anymore

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

rabidsquid posted:

it was part of their strategy to prevent lane swapping since you can no longer trade top and bot outer towers in roughly the same time frame anymore

Yeah, and it happened to Bot instead of Top because there was a previous problem where getting ganked top once meant you lost your tower. By contrast theres a significant chance that at least one person will survive a bot gank and defend the tower (in concept, not in 4-5 man gank practice)

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
I can't find the post in the last ten pages but someone mentioned ziggs adc is a thing now. How do I do that. Also malzahar is a support in Korea so my friend and I are going to pair them next time our top mid and jg all pick ad champs.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
You play regular ap ziggs in the botlane instead of an ADC. That's all

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

henkman posted:

You play regular ap ziggs in the botlane instead of an ADC. That's all

Does he need to be with a regular support tho?? Hopefully not

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

ideally the support pushes hard

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Darth Windu posted:

Does he need to be with a regular support tho?? Hopefully not

what does that even mean

just play a champion that normally goes support. it is literally just putting Ziggs in the Bottom slot and playing him normally because your idiot teammates did 3 AD and you have to play Bot.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
It's also because his W executes those paper-thin towers

Spudalicious
Dec 24, 2003

I <3 Alton Brown.
Tips for Malphite? What lane, what builds, what strategies?

I'm currently trying him in jungle but it feels weak and flimsy compared to lane Malphite, but then I have issues vs ranged champs that know to keep my passive off. I feel like he could be strong as support, but the early game until 6 would be very rough.

Action George
Apr 13, 2013

Spudalicious posted:

I'm currently trying him in jungle but it feels weak and flimsy compared to lane Malphite, but then I have issues vs ranged champs that know to keep my passive off. I feel like he could be strong as support, but the early game until 6 would be very rough.

Play him top lane, go for sunfire cape first in most matchups, wait until 6 and then go bot and press R for a double kill. Repeat every time teleport is off cool down.

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot
Okay guys.... What about...

Ziggs and Heimer on the same lane. What do you think?

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Why

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Spudalicious posted:

If you are getting harrassed by a ranged top just max q and play passively. It's ok to be denied a couple last hits as long as you are in range of xp and catch the wave at your tower.

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

...I'm sorry. I can't seem to remember any of the rest.
what do you do to win lane against mundo as teemo? i rushed executioner's calling thinking it'd be enough to keep him from running me down but surprise, it was not

i'd never done the matchup before so i wasn't prepped for him being able to safely farm with cleavers, and i got him in kill range early but i would have had to flash for it and he took barrier so i decided against it :(

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I don't want anyone to find out about this but I don't think Riot knows yet

I have 0 refunds left but I'm still able to refund as many things as I want in the new client that are available for refund

Not sure if anyone else has tried/noticed this yet

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Hashtag Yoloswag posted:

what do you do to win lane against mundo as teemo? i rushed executioner's calling thinking it'd be enough to keep him from running me down but surprise, it was not

i'd never done the matchup before so i wasn't prepped for him being able to safely farm with cleavers, and i got him in kill range early but i would have had to flash for it and he took barrier so i decided against it :(

R>E>W>Q, shroom the lane so he can't chase you, get a Liandry's

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Teikanmi posted:

I don't want anyone to find out about this but I don't think Riot knows yet

I have 0 refunds left but I'm still able to refund as many things as I want in the new client that are available for refund

Not sure if anyone else has tried/noticed this yet

Already fixed? I can't do it :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

...I'm sorry. I can't seem to remember any of the rest.

Teikanmi posted:

R>E>W>Q, shroom the lane so he can't chase you, get a Liandry's

ah. well i hosed that up tremendously, thank you

• Locked thread