Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

loquacius posted:

Which stereotype is the third guy back, I zoomed all the way in and I still can't make it out

I wanna say "Austrian" but the text doesn't look like that at all

Jewish/British, maybe?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

loquacius posted:

Which stereotype is the third guy back, I zoomed all the way in and I still can't make it out

I wanna say "Austrian" but the text doesn't look like that at all
French, learn to blow up the image jeeze

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

jBrereton posted:

Yeah it's great when working people die, because they sometimes don't vote for a candidate who wants to destroy their jobs lol.

Yeah dude. It's almost like I realized how loving horrible the thought was in my head. lol

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

quote:

The second thing is that there’s a religious illiteracy problem in the Democratic Party. It’s tied to the demographics of the country: More 20- and 30-year-olds are taking positions of power in the Democratic Party. They grew up in parts of the country where navigating religion was not important socially and not important to their political careers. This is very different from, like, James Carville in Louisiana in the ’80s. James Carville is not the most religious guy, but he gets religious people—if you didn’t get religious people running Democratic campaigns in the South in the ’80s, you wouldn’t win.

lol @ u idiots

the democratic party is seriously gonna get owned lol

NewForumSoftware
Oct 8, 2016

by Lowtax

Baloogan posted:

:ssh: it already did

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

jBrereton posted:

French, learn to blow up the image jeeze

No frenchman could have a mustache like that!

Fiction
Apr 28, 2011

Baloogan posted:

lol @ u idiots

they act like young people have never met/are friends with heavily religious people at school or work before :confused:

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Mariana Horchata posted:

part of me just wants to eat chicken and waffles until i drop dead

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23YVo2j5SN4

:same:

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

docbeard posted:

What was the argument, out of curiosity?

It was a share of a post from Perez's campaign's FB page, which I almost linked before discovering the only share on it is from my facebook friend lol

It was basically a list of his accomplishments in the justice department

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Never

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Posting

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

tbf his time at the civil right's division was pretty impressive considering the smoking wasteland it was under GWB (and will be under Trump)

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
i think it is true that the democratic party's professional class is very heavily dominated by 20 to 30-somethings from an urban area on the coast. our staff should be as diverse as the electorate we want to capture, and not just in a racial sense. that said, there is no silver bullet and i don't think "religious illiteracy" is some sort of major obstacle.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 10 hours!
The Justice Department did Good Things under Holder

e: also lots of Bad Things

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

zegermans posted:

The Justice Department did Good Things under Holder

counterpoint: nothing good has ever happened, and nothing good will ever happen

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 10 hours!

Concerned Citizen posted:

counterpoint: nothing good has ever happened, and nothing good will ever happen

https://twitter.com/dril/status/473265809079693312?lang=en

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Insanely good

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

etalian posted:

It's amazing how many people in the South are fat.

what's more amazing is that even in the skinniest states, 1 in 5 adults are still fat

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Holder owned the poo poo out of a DEA agent lol

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Shinjobi posted:

Apparently a mine shaft collapsed today, and the only thing I could think about was how much I wanted it to happen in the US.

I think this election has made me a far worse person than I was before. Maximum overspite. Sign me up as a Republican, I guess.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Baloogan posted:

lol @ u idiots

two corthinerians and grab 'em by the pussy have proven beyond a doubt that it doesn't matter how much you suck at religion as long as you can appeal to something else they hold important

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Fiction posted:

they act like young people have never met/are friends with heavily religious people at school or work before :confused:

Well young people are getting less and less religious, but you could take that as an argument that navigating religion will be less important as much as one that they'll be bad at it.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Glazier posted:

I always forget Prince was from Minnesota and it tickles me when I hear him talk without putting on his Prince voice.

ya

doesnt matter how much allure or mystique we have

we all came from pretty banal places~

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
[A decade now into Emperor Trump's reign]

"Mommy whats a democrat?"

"Jesus christ Sarah what the gently caress is wrong with you are you trying to get me killed??" :wth:

*mom covers up child's mouth and suffocates it when a Red Cap Neighborhood Patrol of Unamerican Activity (RCNPUA) comes roll coaling around in their red MAGA trucks mounted with .50 cals and rifle racks in the back past the house*

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Lastgirl posted:

[A decade now into Emperor Trump's reign]

"Mommy whats a democrat?"

"Jesus christ Sarah what the gently caress is wrong with you are you trying to get me killed??" :wth:

*mom covers up child's mouth and suffocates it when a Red Cap Neighborhood Patrol of Unamerican Activity (RCNPUA) comes roll coaling around in their red MAGA trucks mounted with .50 cals and rifle racks in the back past the house*

*is homeless, living off dumpster food*

this isn't so bad

*finds closed down waffle house collapses to knees in despair*

all is vanity

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Agean90 posted:

*is homeless, living off dumpster food*

this isn't so bad

*finds closed down waffle house collapses to knees in despair*

al! is vanity

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn
The DNC should set up a site for weekly surveys/polling for everyone who's a registered democrat. It would only make sense considering they based their entire loving election on "poll" data and literally nobody that I know has ever been surveyed.

If they're so data centric you'd think they'd want to get as much of it as they could to determine exactly what policies/topics that their base wants their candidates to pursue.

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

I'm a registered dem and I got a lot of calls from unknown numbers that I never answered because I owe money all over town but they all stopped after the election so makes me wonder,...

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

Dr_0ctag0n posted:

The DNC should set up a site for weekly surveys/polling for everyone who's a registered democrat. It would only make sense considering they based their entire loving election on "poll" data and literally nobody that I know has ever been surveyed.

If they're so data centric you'd think they'd want to get as much of it as they could to determine exactly what policies/topics that their base wants their candidates to pursue.

Yeah it's a real great idea for the dems to get policy positions from online polling not like those have ever been hosed with

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn

jarofpiss posted:

I'm a registered dem and I got a lot of calls from unknown numbers that I never answered because I owe money all over town but they all stopped after the election so makes me wonder,...

I got a few Bernie phone bank calls during the primary but they were more of people just asking if I knew where to vote

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Fallen Hamprince posted:

Yeah it's a real great idea for the dems to get policy positions from online polling not like those have ever been hosed with

"Do we really want to make our 2020 campaign slogan 'Hail Satan'?"
"The online polling data was very clear."

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Dr_0ctag0n posted:

the dnc does a lot of polls, except they're scientific polls and not dumb online polls.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Hillary-science polls this past election hopefully won't crop up again

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn

Fallen Hamprince posted:

Yeah let's pull them from landlines, that's a better idea.

I just don't see how it would hurt when compared to the bullshit data we went off of this entire election season with hillfolk getting high on farts.

If not by online poll/survey then at least call all the people on the register, I know they have my number. Make the polls based on like 100,000 rather than like 1,000 old people who watch MSM and have a land line.

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Dr_0ctag0n posted:

Yeah let's pull them from landlines, that's a better idea.

I just don't see how it would hurt when compared to the bullshit data we went off of this entire election season with hillfolk getting high on farts.

If not by online poll/survey then at least call all the people on the register, I know they have my number. Make the polls based on like 100,000 rather than like 1,000 old people who watch MSM and have a land line.

they poll cell phones as well - it's 2016 - and they work to make sure demographics are balanced. polling 100k people on a regular basis is incredibly impractical. they pull from samples of the voter file using standard statistical techniques.

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

New Dem platform:
  • Gushing Granny
  • MOOT IS A F*G
  • Crimea is and has always been an inviolable part of the Russian nation.

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn

the dnc does a lot of polls, except they're scientific polls and not dumb online polls.

If scientific means everyone thinking Clinton had a 90% chance and it fell apart in the last hour to a crushing defeat then maybe it's the dumb poll.

Online polls showed that nobody gave a gently caress about Clinton even as far back as the primary and the dems ignored them only to fail.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Guy Goodbody posted:

Thanks, Sean Hannity. Remember when we elected Obama and that emboldened the terrorists?

the lack of a 9/11 scale attack on obama's watch is just proof that he's in league with them :tinfoil:

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

Isn't "scientific" polling a political term almost wholly unrelated to being good or effective polling beyond "randomized, statistically significant" (which is a really, really low bar), and isn't it pretty much limited to voting intent?

I honestly don't trust anyone in the party to ask the right questions or effectively analyze the data of any sort of real opinion poll built to guide policy. That's something even actual professional social scientists often have trouble doing well.

Scientific polling isn't the same as good polling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Dr_0ctag0n posted:

If scientific means everyone thinking Clinton had a 90% chance and it fell apart in the last hour to a crushing defeat then maybe it's the dumb poll.

or maybe it's that 1. polls are a snapshot in time and have difficulty accounting for late movement and 2. that they have margins of error and there are various assumptions that can result in methodology errors that can't be accounted for. moreover, you're talking about election polling which depends on predicting both vote share and whether or not a person will turnout - very different than attitude surveys.

quote:

Online polls showed that nobody gave a gently caress about Clinton even as far back as the primary and the dems ignored them only to fail.

i think the fact that we don't have presidents bernie sanders and ron paul show that online polls are utterly useless

• Locked thread