Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

No no Mikaros, you are still only like class B maybe with these assholes, thats it, not even A yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Vamirio is the best.

oilatsnep
Sep 5, 2011

Begemot posted:

Anne's got a twig, everything is gonna be okay.

I believe in the Twig of Yggdrasil

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Eopia posted:

I believe in Anne, Helck, Asuta, the Demon army, and most importantly Piuy.

:same:

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Anne is going to kill Mikaros and I could not be happier.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Translated character profiles of Helck, ANNE FROM MANAGEMENT, Azudora, Hyura, Asuta, Isuta, Kenrose and Drusi from Volume 2 - http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Helck/Vol-002-Ch-009-009--Volume-002-Character-Profile?id=341085

In which it is officially confirmed that ANNE FROM MANAGEMENT is indeed more powerful than Azudora.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

I like that Drusi is apparently stronger than Kenrose.

Also drat Hon is only a level 48 secretary I need to go update my rankings.

dublish
Oct 31, 2011

That twig is very powerful.

I believe in Anne from Management.

Astro Ambulance
Dec 25, 2008

oilatsnep posted:

I believe in the Twig of Yggdrasil

twiggdrasil

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
Likes Aggressive Hunks

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Venuz Patrol posted:

Likes Aggressive Hunks

Edil has work to do.

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

I honestly really like the way the humans are like "WE HAVE SUPER POWERFUL PROTOTYPES WE HOLD BACK AND ARE NOW ENACTING OUR TRAP TO DESTROY YOU" and the demons are like "Hey, look, we've been fighting monsters stronger than most of your troops for literally like our entire existence. Our entire history has been a struggle to survive in a poisoned land. We literally hold tournaments to determine how to replace our military leadership. Do you really think we're so dumb we just don't anticipate these things just in case?"

The humans are enacting their cliche masterstrokes, and then it turns out that the demons have been holding back against the humans all this time. Which is something we knew way back in the early chapters, when Azudora explained the break down of relative threat levels. This is not new information, this is just the humans continuing to assume their new power boosts makes them the absolute best, and then finding out they just managed to make themselves worth TRYING against.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
this makes mikaros looking down on vamirio even funnier. azudora is definitely more versatile, but she was stronger than him even before she pulled out her legendary weapon.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Ha ha ha eat a dick, Mikaros :unsmigghh:

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Yeah sometimes I forget that it's technically the humans that are the underdogs and not our adventuring party of the strongest human and one of the strongest demons accompanied by at least one sacred beast.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

RatHat posted:

This is starting to get a big dumb. Every chapter one side reveals some trap to have the other reveal "haha I knew about your trap all along and have my OWN trap!"

It's like Yu-gi-Oh but with punching instead.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

chumbler posted:

Yeah sometimes I forget that it's technically the humans that are the underdogs and not our adventuring party of the strongest human and one of the strongest demons accompanied by at least one sacred beast.

I think you're forgetting Oloroso.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

chumbler posted:

And yet it's still super compelling. Great writing there.

Herbotron
Feb 25, 2013

The thread title is still incredibly appropriate.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

RatHat posted:

This is starting to get a big dumb. Every chapter one side reveals some trap to have the other reveal "haha I knew about your trap all along and have my OWN trap!"

Thing is
Weve known all along that humans arent the biggest threat the empire faced
And this just means that the empire has some really drat good analysts and resources, far beyond what weve seen.
Its only because people in the empire are so laid back and earnest weve been duped into thinking this is hard for them.

This is a dinky little land in the outbacks on the least threatening border (beyond a once in a century hero) they have after all.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

It's kind of easy to forget the Humans are underdogs in the world at large, when the only real humans left are Mikaros and Raphaed who seem pretty competent all-in-all. Like not too much weaker than the best demons have to offer.

And then you know there's the infinitely respawning mind-controlled angel army that is getting stronger every second. Which is a pretty big advantage on team human.

Sarcophallus
Jun 12, 2011

by Lowtax

SyntheticPolygon posted:

It's kind of easy to forget the Humans are underdogs in the world at large, when the only real humans left are Mikaros and Raphaed who seem pretty competent all-in-all. Like not too much weaker than the best demons have to offer.

And then you know there's the infinitely respawning mind-controlled angel army that is getting stronger every second. Which is a pretty big advantage on team human.

And Helck!

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I meant humans in Team Human! Helck is on the infinitely better Team Demon. :colbert:

Y'know, maybe I shouldn't call them Team Human when it's just like two dudes, and a billion mind-controlled soldiers who've got no choice in the matter. Maybe Team Mikaros is better?

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Mikaros is on team new world
The only person on te human is raphaed

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Helck is on Team Anne.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Come to think of it, yeah, the demons haven't had a lot of casualties yet.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
Mikaros is on team fuckface and I hope he gets punched in the throat soon.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

TriffTshngo posted:

Mikaros is on team fuckface and I hope he gets punched in the throat soon.

He's gonna get incinerated.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the demons tried using force proportionate to the threat humans represented. mikaros was ahead in the escalation game for quite some time, but he didn't quite understand that would inevitably make the empire would take him seriously. dude is dumb as heck.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
"oh i bet this empire lead by a dragon who has personally held back a force that can transform a planet for thousands of years is a total pushover"

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
New Piuy chapter - http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Helck/Ch-082-002-005--The-Witch-s-Adventure-Log---Entry-005---Ship-?id=341148

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.
So from a few chapters ago, we saw the King actively helping Helck and Anne get through the city faster than otherwise, while also showing them a glimpse of the nature of the new world. Wonder what exactly they are and what their goal is here.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Eopia posted:

So from a few chapters ago, we saw the King actively helping Helck and Anne get through the city faster than otherwise, while also showing them a glimpse of the nature of the new world. Wonder what exactly they are and what their goal is here.

Speculation: the King is someone from the ancient civilization that collapsed because of the power of the New World, and they don't want it to happen again; however, Mikaros and Rafaed hijacked the King's power through Charami and used it to make the winged soldiers, so the King is helping Helck and Anne as much as they can (within some limits) to try and stop team jerkface.

SgtMongoose
Feb 10, 2007

Mikl posted:

Speculation: the King is someone from the ancient civilization that collapsed because of the power of the New World, and they don't want it to happen again; however, Mikaros and Rafaed hijacked the King's power through Charami and used it to make the winged soldiers, so the King is helping Helck and Anne as much as they can (within some limits) to try and stop team jerkface.

Further speculation: the King is an AI from the ancient civilization who is rebelling against these idiots as hard as its programming allows it. The King's voice is mind controlling the humans, but Mikaros is the one telling the King what to say.

Additional speculation: the S+ rank, mysterious northern threat the demons are so scared of is another remnant of the ancient civilization that has straight up sci-fi tech and will probably get involved at some point.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
https://bato.to/reader#cd9997eb80654cc5_1

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Welp it needs to be tomorrow immediately.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

chumbler posted:

Welp it needs to be tomorrow immediately.

No poo poo.

That being said I believe in Anne from management.

MagusDraco fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Jan 1, 2017

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Obviously she did that thing where she moved so fast she left her cloak behind

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
I am bad at this.

Who was the long haired dude? Do we know him?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

I am bad at this.

Who was the long haired dude? Do we know him?

probably cless, helck's brother

• Locked thread