Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Senerio posted:

I like Tapu Fini, even if she's the least meta-killing tapu.

this may not be true any more, since she is a very good stall breaker, and both vgc and ou have seen the rise of stall (and trick room) recently

tapu koko on the other hand is probably becoming the least used one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Senerio posted:

The Necrozma encounter is wonderful because it can't hurt the Sableye you catch on the way there at all.

level 13 sableye VS. necrozma

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

Alright, I know Tsareena isn't super popular but I'm breeding them anyway to see if I can remake my original E4-beating team in a properly bred/raised fashion. Does anyone have cast-off breeding spares they'd be willing to part with? I don't care about nature, ability or egg moves--so long as it's male, with decent IVs and in the Grass egg group. I'm specifically going for Adamant Bounsweets with Play Rough and the ability that turns into Queenly Majesty, which you are welcome to once I can get a stable breeding pair.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

spit on my clit posted:

level 13 sableye VS. necrozma

It's what I'm gonna do when I get around to catching Guzzlord.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Mierenneuker posted:

Those people are chumps. You have to save the Master Ball for Fearow!

I just use it on the cover legendary now that roaming legendaries are no longer a thing. Note that this was before I found out how the Necrozma encounter worked, welp.

I used it on the Tapus because for the last three gens I've saved the Masterball until something like a shiny Pokemon that knows self destruct shows up, which never happened so it sat in my bag until the next gen comes along and I use it on the route 1 rodent Pokemon that I never bothered catching.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Rangpur posted:

Alright, I know Tsareena isn't super popular but I'm breeding them anyway to see if I can remake my original E4-beating team in a properly bred/raised fashion. Does anyone have cast-off breeding spares they'd be willing to part with? I don't care about nature, ability or egg moves--so long as it's male, with decent IVs and in the Grass egg group. I'm specifically going for Adamant Bounsweets with Play Rough and the ability that turns into Queenly Majesty, which you are welcome to once I can get a stable breeding pair.

No such thing as a male Bounsweet

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Rangpur posted:

If you don't get a better offer in the next five hours or so before I get off work, I have Beast Ball Bounsweets with both Synthesis and Play Rough, but no nature or IVs or ability specifically, though I guess I could breed for an Oblivious one.

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009

Bard Maddox posted:

I have an extra Volcanion code card from when they were being given away. I'll send it to you via PM tonight if I can remember where it is

I appreciate the thought, but unless you happen to live in Japan it probably won't work with my game due to stupid region differences. That's also the reason I missed out on all the other giveaways too.

EDIT: Actually, I might be able to convince my roommate to use it and give it to me, so if you have it easily accessible I'll happily accept.

felch me daddy jr. fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Dec 30, 2016

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT

Rangpur posted:

Use Comfey to put Play Rough on a Bounsweet. I have a Tsareena I could try to get good IVs on later tonight.

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

Improbable Lobster posted:

No such thing as a male Bounsweet
I know that, s'why I need literally anything male from the Grass-egg group with good IVs. If someone's got a Comfey like that it would be ideal, but I'll take what I can get since I don't have much to offer.

edit: to be clear, I already have Adamant Bounsweets with Play Rough. I need a male from the Grass egg group to patch in the rest of the IVs.

Ice_Mallet
Feb 22, 2011

Rangpur posted:

Does anyone have cast-off breeding spares they'd be willing to part with? I don't care about nature, ability or egg moves--so long as it's male, with decent IVs and in the Grass egg group.
I have a spare Lurantis with 5 perfect IVs and he has a "Very Good!" in Speed.

My FC is 2895 - 9068 - 6799 and my in-game name is Schmidt.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
I'm was pretty surprised that Gladion turned out to be one of the best characters in this game.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

TheKingofSprings posted:

I'm was pretty surprised that Gladion turned out to be one of the best characters in this game.

That whole family were excellent, less so Mohn but that's just me being mad about all the text boxes when I click the wrong thing.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

TheKingofSprings posted:

I was not surprised since Viral was the best character in Gurren Lagann.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."

Senerio posted:

That whole family were excellent, less so Mohn but that's just me being mad about all the text boxes when I click the wrong thing.

I kept waiting for her to turn out to be the realest villain, or Mewtwo in disguise.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Rangpur posted:

edit: to be clear, I already have Adamant Bounsweets with Play Rough. I need a male from the Grass egg group to patch in the rest of the IVs.
...why not just chain up a 4 IV Ditto, then? Maybe two or three to get one with the IV spreads you need, but you know what I mean. :confused:

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

Ice_Mallet posted:

I have a spare Lurantis with 5 perfect IVs and he has a "Very Good!" in Speed.

My FC is 2895 - 9068 - 6799 and my in-game name is Schmidt.
Oh, that would be perfect, thank you!

I'll be on momentarily. I just need to finish hatching these eggs.

DACK FAYDEN posted:

...why not just chain up a 4 IV Ditto, then? Maybe two or three to get one with the IV spreads you need, but you know what I mean. :confused:
That's on the agenda too, but I'm making use of Poke Pelago so I can multitask--I'll leave the eggs there while I hunt Dittos and see what I get.

Rangpur fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Dec 30, 2016

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Oh Psychic typing, what happened to you? You used to be the pillar of strength back in Gen 1, now you're checked every which way from Sunday.

I'm not sure what can be done to help bump it back up to at least B-status? They're too fragile for my party and usually a normal type with psychic moves will get the job done.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Parrotine posted:

Oh Psychic typing, what happened to you? You used to be the pillar of strength back in Gen 1, now you're checked every which way from Sunday.

I'm not sure what can be done to help bump it back up to at least B-status? They're too fragile for my party and usually a normal type with psychic moves will get the job done.

Well every psychic type seems to know Dazzling Gleam and be faster than Dark type, so they don't have to worry about Crunch anymore.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Parrotine posted:

use Tapu Lele

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

greatn posted:

Well every psychic type seems to know Dazzling Gleam and be faster than Dark type, so they don't have to worry about Crunch anymore.

non-stab dazzling gleam isn't killing poo poo

Countblanc posted:

use Tapu Lele

Ice_Mallet
Feb 22, 2011
By the way Rangpur, that Lurantis either has hidden power Ice or Dark, and Ice is pretty alright on Contrary Lurantis after you Leaf Storm a bit.

If you ever consider using him I mean, Lurantis is really slow.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
*meta is dominated by a stupid fat psychic type that just obliterates everything*

"Hmmm this type just isn't good anymore!"

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Ruggington posted:

non-stab dazzling gleam isn't killing poo poo

It one shots my guy every time.

Oh poo poo I just realized it's because he's also dragon.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Ice_Mallet posted:

By the way Rangpur, that Lurantis either has hidden power Ice or Dark, and Ice is pretty alright on Contrary Lurantis after you Leaf Storm a bit.

If you ever consider using him I mean, Lurantis is really slow.

Lurantis is a precious flower and I will not stand for your libel.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Lurantis is one of the biggest disappointments this gen. Its slower than loving Muk.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
mega metagross is also pretty good, as it turns out

psychic type moves suck if they're not fired off with STAB in psychic terrain so i dont even know why you'd want to go out of your way to carry them.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
Lurantis is not cute, so I can't fathom why you'd even consider using it.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
I try for ages to GTS a Pheromosa for a Celesteela, no-one bites. I theorise that people are more likely to be looking for cross-version trades so I try leaving it up there asking for a Kartana instead, with the aim in mind of parlaying that into a Celesteela. Still no one is interested. So then i put up this Goodra I have lying around (holding a dusk stone to sweeten the deal, since to me it's a crap trade) and it goes in about 5 minutes??? I can't get into the minds of anyone using GTS.

Mind you I gave up that Goodra slightly grudgingly, because it's CHS, but I think I'm the only one in the world who cares about the language. At least my new Celesteela is Spanish.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
There are good Pokemon in lovely types, about the only exception to this was first and second gen (RIP bugs)

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Mymla posted:

Lurantis is not cute, so I can't fathom why you'd even consider using it.

Lurantis is very elegant and handsome.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

TheKingofSprings posted:

There are good Pokemon in lovely types, about the only exception to this was first and second gen (RIP bugs)

RIP gen 1 ghost type, super effective against psychic but they were all poison subtype and the only damaging moves were Night Shade and Lick.

Also Lurantis owns.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

vOv posted:

RIP gen 1 ghost type, super effective against psychic but they were all poison subtype and the only damaging moves were Night Shade and Lick.

Also Lurantis owns.

Except Gengar was still one of the best in that game.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
Lurantis is horrible and the worst bug type introduced this gen.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
I was so happy when I saw that Fomantis was one of Team Skull's grunt monsters

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

TheKingofSprings posted:

Except Gengar was still one of the best in that game.

Gastly's line actually has better artwork in Gen 1 than in later generations. Haunter actually looks like something that could scare someone, somewhere, maybe.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

Hammerite posted:

Gastly's line actually has better artwork in Gen 1 than in later generations. Haunter actually looks like something that could scare someone, somewhere, maybe.

Gengar's pokedex entries scare me.

Should you feel yourself attacked by a sudden chill, it is evidence of an approaching Gengar. There is no escaping it. Give up.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Hammerite posted:

The thing about the ugly sprites in that game is that they also make some Pokemon look pretty drat frightening.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

TheKingofSprings posted:

The thing about the ugly sprites in that game is that they also make some Pokemon look pretty drat frightening.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Hammerite posted:

haunter is still my single fav sprite/model/art for all 7 gens