Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

KingOfTheTramps posted:

Could we do 10pm pacific start time maybe? This would mean 6am GMT for UK/Euro rather than 4am so we don't get completely screwed out of one of the raids.

That'd be 1am Eastern which screws us out of raids.

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Dec 29, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Chilichimp posted:

That'd be 1am Eastern which screws us out of raids.

That wouldn't work then, darn.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

iGestalt posted:

That wouldn't work then, darn.

I feel like the rotation of start times is the only way around screwing people over entirely... that or focusing on late-afternoon eastern; which would give Europe an evening raid and West Coast a noon raid... but then the pacific timezone folks would be screwed hard.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Chilichimp posted:

I feel like the rotation of start times is the only way around screwing people over entirely... that or focusing on late-afternoon eastern; which would give Europe an evening raid and West Coast a noon raid... but then the pacific timezone folks would be screwed hard.

Yeah - a rotation could be good although more work for Dave, etc. I think it'd be worth trying to find out where everybody is, and seeing how many people are effected by each? Like, if we have 2 GMT people, 3 GMT+1, and the rest are PST and eastern.. Then tough luck for us Euros.

The system we have now does work and work well, though. Just a bit lovely for a potential minority.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Chilichimp posted:

Get your STH as highly geared as humanly possible. He will be a beast for you.

QGJ is also very powerful at lower levels, because his dispell just takes your opponents tank right out of it.

all things being equal, being in the top 200 is the first truly important milestone, since it allows you 2 arena purchases/day paired with the daily rewards.

Boba fett's execute also dispels taunt, plus he has an aoe ability block and if all of that is on cooldown can ignore taunts and go for that lando or luminara that has a sliver of health left and is just about to decimate/heal, which if none of your other characters can touch them for a couple of turns is a godsend and can really turn a fight. I'd argue he is more useful than QGJ now.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

iGestalt posted:

Would be nice if we could find a better middleground. As mentioned in guild chat, we currently have a 4AM start and then a 4Am damage time which can make it quite hard to get decent damage on something.

It's not a -huge- issue, I suppose. I'm personally happy if I can get a 0 damage up and maybe a tiny bit in at the end (Although I'd prefer to contribute more). And if Eurogoons are simply in the minority, then tough luck for us.

Here's the problem: We have both Euro and Asian time zone goons. It's impossible to accommodate everyone with a single raid time. Alternating morning and evening start times was the solution for the Rancor fight. The tank fight added a complication that p1 is terrible and nobody wants to do it, so p2 generally had a pretty random start time, and lots of people would miss out on putting damage on the board. My solution was to allow p1 to be cleared immediately, and then alternating the "real" damage rounds between morning and evening. I don't want to start alternating the p1 start as well, things are confusing enough.

I'm open to suggestions, but please keep the above in mind.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

iGestalt posted:

Yeah - a rotation could be good although more work for Dave, etc. I think it'd be worth trying to find out where everybody is, and seeing how many people are effected by each? Like, if we have 2 GMT people, 3 GMT+1, and the rest are PST and eastern.. Then tough luck for us Euros.

The system we have now does work and work well, though. Just a bit lovely for a potential minority.

He already does rotations. This time he did something different for tank.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Davethulhu posted:

Here's the problem: We have both Euro and Asian time zone goons. It's impossible to accommodate everyone with a single raid time. Alternating morning and evening start times was the solution for the Rancor fight. The tank fight added a complication that p1 is terrible and nobody wants to do it, so p2 generally had a pretty random start time, and lots of people would miss out on putting damage on the board. My solution was to allow p1 to be cleared immediately, and then alternating the "real" damage rounds between morning and evening. I don't want to start alternating the p1 start as well, things are confusing enough.

Could just stagger the phase starts throughout the day.

P1 starts 8PM Pacific
P2 starts 8AM Pacific
P3 starts 2PM Pacific
P4 starts 8PM Pacific

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Davethulhu posted:

Right - I misunderstood something then. I didn't realize we has people in an Asian timezone, just Euro and US. Regardless, I think the approach you've taken is the best possible solution here. Sorry if I came over as nitpicking, I honestly can't think of a better approach to this right now.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Rank 69 in my arena

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Cactus posted:

Boba fett's execute also dispels taunt, plus he has an aoe ability block and if all of that is on cooldown can ignore taunts and go for that lando or luminara that has a sliver of health left and is just about to decimate/heal, which if none of your other characters can touch them for a couple of turns is a godsend and can really turn a fight. I'd argue he is more useful than QGJ now.

That's true, Boba is probably more valuable now.

QGJ is still super good for turn meter fuckery, though. Definitely a must-get for raids, but Boba is probably better for Arena.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I just unlocked GW

Which heroes should I get

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

ZenVulgarity posted:

I just unlocked GW

Which heroes should I get

Lumi, Biggs, Teebo, approximately in that order.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Malgrin posted:

Lumi, Biggs, Teebo, approximately in that order.

Slap a Phasma on there for good measure.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
Well, I'm less than a month out (50 shards so ~25 days) from GK, so I'm starting my gear grind (and it's pretty ridiculous). Here are the important (mostly) purple bits to getting G11.
Farmable:
80 Mk3 Holo
20 MK8 Blastech
20 Mk2 Zaltin
200 Mk3 Stun cuff
150 Mk5 Stun Gun
50 Mk5 Detonator
50 Mk4 Chedak
50 Mk4 Carbanti
450 Mk3 Carbanti
60 Mk4 Keypad
40 Mk3 Caller
50 Mk10 Binocs
50 Mk6 Detonators
Raid:
50 Mk6 discs
50 Mk5 callers
50 Mk11 Blastech
50 Mk4 Holo
50 Mk6 Detonator

Fortunately, most of his non-purple grind is really easy. A few mk1 holos and mk3 blastechs, but he doesn't need crazy amounts of fabritech pads or mk4 keypads or anything like that. I'm concerned that a month is not enough time for the non-raid stuff though....fortunately my guild is good at donating (on basically anything but mk3 callers, stun cuffs, and mk 5 stun guns). If I can request every day, that's another ~125 Mk3 Carbantis, in addition to the approximately 200 I'll get from challenges (I estimate 3*5 per day, so 45 per week). I'm only doing 120 energy's worth of hard missions, and one of those gets mk5 detonators (have enough anyways though), while the other gets stun cuffs and chedaks. That's 3x25 sims so at 1/5 I'm looking at 15 pieces. Woo. That leaves me 495 energy/day to spend on the tough stuff. 495/5/10 ~ 10 purple items per day, so 250 purple items. I'll just have to hope for some lucky raid drops I guess. At the very least, I can spread out my farming a little bit and go straight for G10. Unfortunately, all 450 MK3 Carbantis are needed for G10, but fortunately, none of the stun cuffs are needed until G11.

e: I went through my gear, here's what I need. I should be able to have everything farmed for G10, just means I'll actually have to farm some Mk3 Carbantis, which is stupid. With Rancors every other day (I generally place 11-20 most days, and top 10 once a week or so), I should have those MK5 callers in time (or a whole piece, wouldn't that be nice?). So, yup, guess I'll just farm Carbantis for the next week and see where I am after that.
G10:
40 Mk3 Holo
80 Mk5 Stun Gun
427 Mk3 Carbanti
32 Mk5 callers
Max:
26 mk7 shield
173 mk3 cuff
16 mk4 chedak
20 mk3 Holo

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Dec 30, 2016

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Man, I remember making that ridiculous sidious picture in the OP years ago. But now I have a nice tablet and can play this again, because I hate myself! Who wants to call me a bad person and also be my friend or guildie? 416-563-476. :coffeepal:

https://swgoh.gg/u/delyapple/collection/ proves I am bad and chose the wrong people. Ages ago.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Dely Apple posted:

Man, I remember making that ridiculous sidious picture in the OP years ago. But now I have a nice tablet and can play this again, because I hate myself! Who wants to call me a bad person and also be my friend or guildie? 416-563-476. :coffeepal:

https://swgoh.gg/u/delyapple/collection/ proves I am bad and chose the wrong people. Ages ago.

Its like I literally am you with those choices.

Still, I don't care, I pick characters by the ones I like from IRL WAR OF STARS

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011

Dely Apple posted:

Man, I remember making that ridiculous sidious picture in the OP years ago.

I love it and look forward to you making more. Welcome back!

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

waah posted:

Its like I literally am you with those choices.

Still, I don't care, I pick characters by the ones I like from IRL WAR OF STARS

Just don't loving do Luke. He's real bad.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
Trip report: Slave One sucks rear end. Extremely slow, never seen his 1 multi attack in like 5 battles (seriously, must be bugged or something), squishy as hell, low damage, his ultimate starts on CD (most battles he won't live to use it). My Boba is g10 all 5* mods so it can't be that, either.

Still, I'll keep using him cause, well, it's an iconic ship !

Zone of Danger
Apr 21, 2010

Mr. Neutron posted:

Trip report: Slave One sucks rear end. Extremely slow, never seen his 1 multi attack in like 5 battles (seriously, must be bugged or something), squishy as hell, low damage, his ultimate starts on CD (most battles he won't live to use it). My Boba is g10 all 5* mods so it can't be that, either.

Pretty good damage if you can get 2+ target locks up at the same time for the crew skill. I also run Fives which compounds things a bit since he has sorta the same mechanic on his crew skill.

Very squishy though, only really viable with taunt options available.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012
With fun fac open game for FTP what would a counter squad look like now? Fives and k2 have literal pools of life, sun fac is not much below them and dispell on basic. Who would lead and who else would be good at this squad?

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Credit heist is up. My favorite time of the week :woop:

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I can't do credit heist. :sigh: not enough scoundrels

I did hit rank 50 in my shard for arena. :krakentoot: but the top five are all people who love spending money.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

Is Tarkin any good? He'd basically be my second four star I have.

Pyronic
Oct 1, 2008

ROYAL RAINWHARRGARBL
I've got Lando, STH and IG88 set for credit heist but not sure who else I should invest in, I get crushed in the 3rd tier.

I know Fett's better now, and have him at lvl1 6*
Can't get Dengar shards in my tiny inactive guild,
Never finished maxing Chewy,
And Cad Bane's leader ability looks useful,

Zone of Danger posted:

Pretty good damage if you can get 2+ target locks up at the same time for the crew skill. I also run Fives which compounds things a bit since he has sorta the same mechanic on his crew skill.

Very squishy though, only really viable with taunt options available.

Got my rear end kicked by 5's fighter someone already had at 4 or 5* yesterday, that ship looks pretty strong, feel like it'll go nicely with ahsoka and consular and im keeping an eye out for it now.

Pyronic fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Dec 30, 2016

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib

ZenVulgarity posted:

I did hit rank 50 in my shard for arena. :krakentoot: but the top five are all people who love spending money.

Getting top 50 or top 20 basically guarantees you a tiny to moderate crystal profit every day so i would shoot for that. I spend 200 crystals in refreshes 1 cantina and 2 normal every day. The payout + gw rewards + daily quests means i slowly build my crystal pool which i use to buy gear from shipments.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

Jerkface posted:

Getting top 50 or top 20 basically guarantees you a tiny to moderate crystal profit every day so i would shoot for that. I spend 200 crystals in refreshes 1 cantina and 2 normal every day. The payout + gw rewards + daily quests means i slowly build my crystal pool which i use to buy gear from shipments.

I also found a decent guild (that apparently is the alt guild for some other nerds) so I get to be part of raids

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Mr. Neutron posted:

That's unfortunate. I've been working on Slave 1. I need it anyways as my 5th DS ship, but still, that sucks.

ZenVulgarity posted:

No. But he's a decent admiral.

ZenVulgarity posted:

Get you some scoundrels, it's important. If you get 88 and Lando, they'll carry whatever other fuckers you want to pick up -- there are a couple really easy ones.

Pyronic posted:

Can't get Dengar shards in my tiny inactive guild,

Join QGJ (or IGD if they have space -- they probably don't)

Taran_Wanderer
Nov 4, 2013
That seems weird, since Slave I's stats have him as being slightly bulkier and faster then the Geonosian Soldier's ship, which is pretty decent already. Maybe Slave I is more of a late-bloomer or something?

Pyronic
Oct 1, 2008

ROYAL RAINWHARRGARBL

Malgrin posted:

That's unfortunate. I've been working on Slave 1. I need it anyways as my 5th DS ship, but still, that sucks.

No. But he's a decent admiral.

Get you some scoundrels, it's important. If you get 88 and Lando, they'll carry whatever other fuckers you want to pick up -- there are a couple really easy ones.

Join QGJ (or IGD if they have space -- they probably don't)

yeah I was originally in IGD but stopped playing for a couple months and got removed, I'll see about getting back on the goon guild train.

EDIT:
Added a few people from IGD, QGJ, and GGA if any of you see this throw me a guild invite please

Pyronic fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Dec 30, 2016

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Chilichimp posted:

Just don't loving do Luke. He's real bad.

Right now Luke is a warm body that does damage.

https://swgoh.gg/u/waahsa/collection

I love me some Mace, Asohka. Ventress, and 55555555ttt555555555555555. I want a full clone squad and Cad Bane because I am suddenly realizing that I really liked the first two seasons of Clone Wars.

Sure I could have a better collection, but these guys keep me happy until I need to make broken squads.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

ZenVulgarity posted:

No.

waah posted:

Right now Luke is a warm body that does damage.

https://swgoh.gg/u/waahsa/collection

I love me some Mace, Asohka. Ventress, and 55555555ttt555555555555555. I want a full clone squad and Cad Bane because I am suddenly realizing that I really liked the first two seasons of Clone Wars.

Sure I could have a better collection, but these guys keep me happy until I need to make broken squads.

Do what makes you happy, man. Clones are only recently available to F2P (you joined at the right time if that's what you wanna do).

Fives can be had from Cantina shop,
Clone Sergeant can be had from hard modes (start grinding those out daily now).
Cody, Rex, and Echo are all in the Guild shop/Fleet shop. It'll be a long grind, but a full cody-lead squad is definitely doable.

Everyone here will tell you to focus on a rebel squad, and in the long run, I think it's the right move. It's not REALLY broken until you can throw wedge in there at 60+, but there's no reason not to have your rebels ready to gently caress.

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Dec 30, 2016

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

ZenVulgarity posted:

Tarkin is crummy as a character and widely considered the worst of the three fleet commanders currently in the game (I think), though this may have more to do with the fact that there's only one widely available Empire ship at the moment.

Ships are dumb. You didn't ask about ships, but I'm using the opportunity to spout off about them. They're a lovely reskin of the base game with capital ships sitting on the sidelines and the ability to prolong your misery by calling in reinforcements. It's a shame they're required to get essential ability materials. I'm guessing they rushed this feature out the door, though heck if I know why. It took them so long to rejigger the tank raid that I don't much faith in them making ships more fun anytime soon.

Helpful hint: you can back out of ship arena matches and still get credit towards the daily activity, same as with squad arena matches.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

Chilichimp posted:

No.

Do what makes you happy, man. Clones are only recently available to F2P (you joined at the right time if that's what you wanna do).

Fives can be had from Cantina shop,
Clone Sergeant can be had from hard modes (start grinding those out daily now).
Cody, Rex, and Echo are all in the Guild shop/Fleet shop. It'll be a long grind, but a full cody-lead squad is definitely doable.

Everyone here will tell you to focus on a rebel squad, and in the long run, I think it's the right move. It's not REALLY broken until you can throw wedge in there at 60+, but there's no reason not to have your rebels ready to gently caress.

He's better than luke. :(

two_step
Sep 2, 2011

Mr. Neutron posted:

This is not true at higher levels/stars. I am mostly at 5/6 star (though just got SF's ship to 7 this morning), and what I do is use Maul's special on SF, everyone attacks him and he target locks them in return and Boba hits like a truck. Seriously, I have killed 3 ships at once from his attack. He seems to do about half of most people's health. Ships seem even more buggy than usual, my theory is that maybe some guys end up with multiple target locks on them that you can't see and they take extra damage.

ZenVulgarity posted:

Getting enough guys to beat the heist should be literally your #1 priority. It is more important than arena (because it enables you to do well in Arena), more important than mods. The sooner you can get the millions of credits every week, the sooner you can level and star up your dudes.

Also, I think we have one inactive in IGD, so I will kick them now and someone can join. Just post here if you request in, so we know it is a goon.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

two_step posted:

This is not true at higher levels/stars. I am mostly at 5/6 star (though just got SF's ship to 7 this morning), and what I do is use Maul's special on SF, everyone attacks him and he target locks them in return and Boba hits like a truck. Seriously, I have killed 3 ships at once from his attack. He seems to do about half of most people's health. Ships seem even more buggy than usual, my theory is that maybe some guys end up with multiple target locks on them that you can't see and they take extra damage.

Getting enough guys to beat the heist should be literally your #1 priority. It is more important than arena (because it enables you to do well in Arena), more important than mods. The sooner you can get the millions of credits every week, the sooner you can level and star up your dudes.

Also, I think we have one inactive in IGD, so I will kick them now and someone can join. Just post here if you request in, so we know it is a goon.

I have been spending all my crystals on being able to get more shards so idk what else you want me to do there????????????

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy

ZenVulgarity posted:

I have been spending all my crystals on being able to get more shards so idk what else you want me to do there????????????

I came to the same conclusion regarding scoundrels a few weeks ago. I made them my 2nd priority after finishing rebels (for now). So I already had STH & Lando at 7*. Boba is cool and was pretty easy to star up given he's this month's feature. I added IG-88 from squad arena since droids are cool and Cad Bane from GW because even though he's not great, he's at least farmable. I have those last 2 to 5* now & purple and I'm clearing tier 3 even though I lose at least one of ig-88/cad bane doing so.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
Tarkin is sadly not at all good no matter what mods you give him. Which is a pity since offense down + slow on rebels would shut down Wiggs nicely...but there is no way to make him faster than them.

two_step posted:

This is not true at higher levels/stars. I am mostly at 5/6 star (though just got SF's ship to 7 this morning), and what I do is use Maul's special on SF, everyone attacks him and he target locks them in return and Boba hits like a truck.

Oh, that does sound good, unfortunately I don't have either of those.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pyronic
Oct 1, 2008

ROYAL RAINWHARRGARBL

two_step posted:

Yo i just requested an invite, IGN is PyronicEX
https://swgoh.gg/u/pyronicex/collection/