Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!
While I'm all for proxying and scratchbuilding, sometimes it goes too far.

Would it kill you to have some uniformity between dudes aside from the color? Why did you by the literally ugliest bitz?

"Medicae orderlies"

Sentinels

It's probably the shittiest well painted army I have ever seen.

See it in action

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
gently caress you those droids are 100% rad!!!

rkajdi
Sep 11, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

JcDent posted:

Would it kill you to have some uniformity between dudes aside from the color? Why did you by the literally ugliest bitz?

"Medicae orderlies"

Sentinels

See it in action

Are you being sarcastic, or are you really actually making GBS threads on this army? Because that's the kind of army that actively promotes hobby activities beyond "buy and assemble figure straight out of the instructions, optionally paint in flat colors". Sometimes I wonder about the people on this thread, since they seem to want to ostracize average paint jobs and in this case an actively well painted and themed army.

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

In Paradox Space, when you cross the line, your nuts are mine.
We've run out of legit bads, and have begun scraping the middle of the bucket.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

The next step is participating in the oath thread, then crossposting here.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING

Bottom right corner, is that guy running or in the middle of a one armed gun show?

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

JcDent posted:

"Medicae orderlies"

Sentinels

See it in action

If you're going to post stuff like this, which is legit good and well done, you better be able to nut up and post your actual work so we can tear it down.

Ugleb posted:

Bottom right corner, is that guy running or in the middle of a one armed gun show?

It's the grenade holding arm from the old Catachan sprue. These pics are a great example of why you should matte varnish your minis, they would be totally acceptable TTQ in a slightly old school paint job but the gloss varnish is loving them up real bad.

rkajdi
Sep 11, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

El Estrago Bonito posted:

It's the grenade holding arm from the old Catachan sprue. These pics are a great example of why you should matte varnish your minis, they would be totally acceptable TTQ in a slightly old school paint job but the gloss varnish is loving them up real bad.

Like a lot of stuff on this thread, it's mostly people snarking on almost OK paint jobs. The gloss guard stuff could be fixed in 10 minutes and under $10 for the whole army, so to me it's a lot less worthy of putting in the same breath as some basement trash crafting and painting a vagina on yet another figure or the rear end in a top hat who made the eldar rape diorama. We need more criticism of the latter and less of the former.

FWIW, I'm more than willing to post pics of my stuff in the "put up or shut up" move. I'd expect it'll get cries of dipped or thin ur paints, but IMO it ends up looking fairly decent on the table.

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?
hey man wanna get hiiiiigh?

DPM
Feb 23, 2015

TAKE ME HOME
I'LL CHECK YA BUM FOR GRUBS

rkajdi posted:

Like a lot of stuff on this thread, it's mostly people snarking on almost OK paint jobs. The gloss guard stuff could be fixed in 10 minutes and under $10 for the whole army, so to me it's a lot less worthy of putting in the same breath as some basement trash crafting and painting a vagina on yet another figure or the rear end in a top hat who made the eldar rape diorama. We need more criticism of the latter and less of the former.

FWIW, I'm more than willing to post pics of my stuff in the "put up or shut up" move. I'd expect it'll get cries of dipped or thin ur paints, but IMO it ends up looking fairly decent on the table.

In the name of this, here's a rat ogre from Island of Blood I "painted" to table "quality"

rkajdi
Sep 11, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Here's the stuff I have. Below TT quality anymore for the way this thread has gone:

EDIT: How is that rat ogre not at least above average? Have we reached the point where we 'internet male' figures as well as women?

JcDent
May 13, 2013

I just hate how random and straight up bizzare that army looks up close. The infantry dudes look like someone found a box of cadian torsos, random heads from various sources as well random castoff bits from home appliances: he did a great job of painting them, much more than people with legit minis often do, but I hate the jankyness, especially with the droids, which I can't see as anything else but random crap pressed into service.

As for my stuff... Gimme a few minutes

JcDent
May 13, 2013

These are p. much chronological.

My first attempt at kitbashing. I shouldn't have done this.

From he same series of kitbashing. They're still unfinished, I don't how to do it.

ft. 3D printed guns of my own design.

I didn't paint the big marine.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Pierzak posted:

I thought this thread was supposed to be about poo poo minis/paintjob and not poo poo posting, please clarify or at least source your quotes

eh

Holy poo poo

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

ijyt posted:

The next step is participating in the oath thread, then crossposting here.

I am 100% on board with people roasting themselves

Felime
Jul 10, 2009
Yeah, in general, anyone who takes the time to slap paint on their models and puts some effort into it, no matter their ability, should really be lauded. Leaps and bounds better than gray plastic. Even the absurd guard look fine from 4 feet away, really.

It's fine to laugh at scrapbots, but the tone came off really meanspirited. The guy is obviously self aware and knows he's doing silly kitbashes. He did what he set out to do, and he did it well and in a kinda cool way, albeit one that doesn't fit your sensibilities.

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Secure. Contain. Protect.
Fallen Rib
My favorite models in this thread are the ones that are just weird. Like, not "This looks like a little kid did it," but "Why did you do that, you big goof?" Things like the Hello Kitty marines and the My Little Pony army.

Second favorite are the horribly sculpted models, because those will never not be funny. Remember always Scrunts.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Felime posted:

It's fine to laugh at scrapbots, but the tone came off really meanspirited. The guy is obviously self aware and knows he's doing silly kitbashes. He did what he set out to do, and he did it well and in a kinda cool way, albeit one that doesn't fit your sensibilities.

I just can't unsee them as just well painted random piles of junk. Good scratchbuild makes an upturned, cut-off bottle look like a sci-fi tower, not like an upturned, cut-off bottle that someone slapped texture paint on. The spell is permanently broken for me in this case. Not as much as with our local scratchbuilder, who can't even paint, but I still can't bring myself to see them as R2-30K-D2s

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER

This and the original scrunt are my favorite images in this whole thread.

Anyways, here's a decently painted... humanoid-shaped blob? I've got no idea what it's supposed to be.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

fugly color choice, and look at that grass! lmao

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
And he didn't even put a single titty on there. Everyone knows chaos gotta have titties, smh.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

JcDent posted:

I just can't unsee them as just well painted random piles of junk. Good scratchbuild makes an upturned, cut-off bottle look like a sci-fi tower, not like an upturned, cut-off bottle that someone slapped texture paint on. The spell is permanently broken for me in this case. Not as much as with our local scratchbuilder, who can't even paint, but I still can't bring myself to see them as R2-30K-D2s

yeah ok you don't like them

But go back and look at scrunt.jpeg to see what this thread is really about

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Lord Hypnostache posted:

This and the original scrunt are my favorite images in this whole thread.

Anyways, here's a decently painted... humanoid-shaped blob? I've got no idea what it's supposed to be.

Dire bedsheet?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Slop golem.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Kryptonite Golem

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
um its clearly a Dab Golem

Shadin
Jun 28, 2009

JcDent posted:

"Medicae orderlies"

Sentinels

See it in action

I think I'm too bad for this thread because that looks cool as gently caress to me.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

mike12345 posted:

fugly color choice, and look at that grass! lmao
That banner would look tight airbrushed on the side of a wizard van

Hra Mormo
Mar 6, 2008

The Internet Man
That "janky" IG army is literally the best IG army I've seen, something that'll take quite a bit of kitbashing considering the entirety of the IG line looks like cartoony toy soldiers for 3 year olds. Atleast all other minis look like they're atleast for, like, 5 year olds.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Hra Mormo posted:

That "janky" IG army is literally the best IG army I've seen, something that'll take quite a bit of kitbashing considering the entirety of the IG line looks like cartoony toy soldiers for 3 year olds. Atleast all other minis look like they're atleast for, like, 5 year olds.

heh, shows what you know, gotta be 12+ to play with these "toys" :smug:

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

JcDent posted:

Don't just link, make with the pictures!

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets
I really need to see if I still have that chaos regiment I kitbashed when I was about 14. Any left over sprue, hammered together with no green stuff..

It was glorious....

Felime
Jul 10, 2009

Grey Hunter posted:

I really need to see if I still have that chaos regiment I kitbashed when I was about 14. Any left over sprue, hammered together with no green stuff..

It was glorious....

I may need to see what of the crap I created still exists...

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING

Grey Hunter posted:

It was glorious....

I think some of it is in the box I have upstairs.

But hey, my some of my own rainbow colour schemes from the 90's are already posted in this thread from right around when I first discovered it.

Salynne
Oct 25, 2007
Sorry I posted this in the real thread

Here is my bad ebay finds

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Crossposting because this is some impressive dedication to adding genitalia to models (Even tho these aren't really tabletop)

Autechresaint posted:

Does creepy guy on YouTube modifying toys to add genitalia count as bootleg? He says he sells finished versions. They look terrible, worse than the professional versions.

:nws: warning for realistic plastic fake genitals
https://youtu.be/07YmJEreZNM

Knormal posted:

I feel the need to crosspost this from the bootleg thread.

Which led me to this:
https://youtu.be/lk6OFTfhMMo?t=5m12s (also :nws:)

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.

Fathis Munk posted:

Crossposting because this is some impressive dedication to adding genitalia to models (Even tho these aren't really tabletop)
Is it just me, or does it seem like that Black Widow fig's expression is something along the lines of, "Is he touching me? He's touching me, isn't he. Oh, gods, please make it stop."

Yeah, that's some creepy poo poo for sure. I couldn't bring myself to click on the second link.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
You really should click the second link. It'll put you on some sort of government watch list, but it's a trainwreck worth looking at.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Let me improve this toy by changing 90% of it. Havving realistic nipples and vagina is important even if you can't see it: you must know they're there.

drat, Phisen. All that articulation and stuff, and yet your elbows still look like bent tube of silly putty