Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

Never too late for Trepie chat, Quistis is good and cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

About 80% done with roulette, no refreshes here either

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

There is one more round for the event right?

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

KataraniSword posted:

Ultros Choice was a pretty solid-rear end banner, too, built off of what I believe were community votes.

What JP got was:

Bartz/Terra/Cloud/Tidus OSBs
OK/Pal Cecil/Y'shtola/Aerith BSBs
Shout/Sheepsong/Indomitable Blade

It's basically a "best of" relics banner. If we got it as-is it would be amazing, if they put it up to vote again it would be equally amazing.

If you want a run-down of what was in the 2nd Anniversary for JP, Reddit's thread on it is archived here.

Thanks, that link told me everything I wanted to know and more. Everything sounds almost too good to be true.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Beasteh posted:

Never too late for Trepie chat, Quistis is good and cool

:hfive:

She was always my fave from VIII. I'm very happy to have something cool for her after all this time.

Now if only any real +Poison gear existed...

SageAcrin
Apr 23, 2014

there was a mean thing here before, but now there is a dog
Quistis' OSB weapon in a few months strengthens poison, even out of realm IIRC!

:v:

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

SageAcrin posted:

Quistis' OSB weapon in a few months strengthens poison, even out of realm IIRC!

:v:

In addition, if you want an imperil, Edgar's right there with his chainsaw. :v:

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice

UHD posted:

Multiplayer is kind of an exception - I was in an Apocamesh group where two other healers brought Curaise and it honestly did save the run after Zantetsuken inevitably murdered someone important.

... we didn't master because no one brought a drat wind attack but we still finished.

Yeah. I honed my curaise to R5 because of apocalypse gilgamesh. I raised at least 4 times so it was definitely worth it.

In MP you'll especially get party compositions that let you combo into medicas fairly easily (because people will be spamming heals and medicas).

It'll definitely have to compete with ultra cure when it comes out.

Ketsuo
Jul 17, 2003
Caution to avoid damaging game info saved, hold in reset button as you turn power off.
I haven't been able to decide where to pull on this banner. I have a handful of BSBs already and I mostly (only) run physical. I have about and SG now, Cloud, Greg, Bartz, Garland BSBs. I've been dying for Pally Cecil's because I wanted a holy one but never got it. Would going on banner 3 be a bad idea? I've heard Agrias is too tier. I don't know how good Vaan's osb is but I could always switch him in for Ramza and use a shout RW. Or switch him with Tyro and use a SG RW.

Edit: just noticed Vaan only has support 4. But I suppose I could give full break to tyro anyhow.

Ketsuo fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Dec 31, 2016

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time

Ketsuo posted:

I haven't been able to decide where to pull on this banner. I have a handful of BSBs already and I mostly (only) run physical. I have about and SG now, Butt, Greg, Bartz, Garland BSBs. I've been dying for Pally Cecil's because I wanted a holy one but never got it. Would going on banner 3 be a bad idea? I've heard Agrias is too tier. I don't know how good Vaan's osb is but I could always switch him in for Ramza and use a shout RW. Or switch him with Tyro and use a SG RW.

Edit: just noticed Vaan only has support 4. But I suppose I could give full break to tyro anyhow.
If all you want is a holy BSB, wait for TG Cid, Agrias is on there with TG Cid's holy/lightning BSB and OSB.

Ketsuo
Jul 17, 2003
Caution to avoid damaging game info saved, hold in reset button as you turn power off.

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

If all you want is a holy BSB, wait for TG Cid, Agrias is on there with TG Cid's holy/lightning BSB and OSB.

What and when is this TG Cid? And if I wait for that then what do I use all my mythril on now??

Cape Cod Crab Chip
Feb 20, 2011

Now you don't have to suck meat from an exoskeleton!
The main reason to pull on this banner is for the other, non-Tactics ladies on it. Yes, it has Agrias' BSB which is great if you want a Holy team, with some future proofing for when she gets her Legend Materia to make her the undisputed best Holy imperiler there is, but as mentioned above, that recurs on a banner with one of the most anticipated toys in Saintly Excalibur. That banner has other stuff for Agrias and Ovelia's magic blink SSB that's on this banner, even. Vaan's OSB... I don't want to say it's bad but if I pull on this banner, I probably will but I'm kind of getting cold feet, would disappoint me. This banner's main draw is that it also has Eiko's +Crit healer BSB, Maria's top-tier mage BSB and Celescalibur. If you don't care about these three things, wait a month.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

A 6* Dagger will be good for anyone even ignoring the OSB attached to it, nobody should be upset to pull it in 12 minutes.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Two 11 pulls. Two SSBs. Sigh.

Cape Cod Crab Chip
Feb 20, 2011

Now you don't have to suck meat from an exoskeleton!
Dollar pull rainbow... but of course, of course, that rainbow would be White Mage Robe, the one dupe out of nine. I can't stop pulling dupes, either of things I already have or pairs on the same banner.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
100 gem pull was a 3* shell shield from FFXII. Haven't seen it in awhile, too bad it was a 100 gem pull and by rule it sucks almost 95% of the time!

11 pull got me two Bartz' cloaks so yay if I use him against a wind vulnerable boss!

Armitage fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Dec 31, 2016

SageAcrin
Apr 23, 2014

there was a mean thing here before, but now there is a dog
11 got me 3/11 WMR and two Excalibur 6.

I was pulling for either a burst, the OSB statstick potential, or Runic. I got the most likely one. Works for me.

WMR's a dupe, but whatever, it's good statistically.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

My 11-pull gave me Maria's bow and Ovelia's staff. Hell yeah.

I now have 5 BSBs and 3 of them are earth elemental. Shame that it's not in any way a common weakness

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
What the gently caress. First draw, 1/11, the OSB I didn't want. Ok, nice stat stick and all but I have plenty in the tank, let's draw again.

Second draw, 2/11, TWO MORE OF THE loving OSB. gently caress!!

Third pull, 1/11 the bartz cloak. gently caress this! I'm done with this banner. Hope XIV is better for me.

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.
Ok so I got 4 loving orbs from phase 3 with my only 50 mythril. :toot:

I got my first osb, vaan's sick dagger!
I got Bartz' cloak, which will aid with his bsb and also my first wind boosting item.
I got Arc's robe, which I wanted during the last ffiii event as I needed a good medica for that realm.
I also got Guy's axe, which isn't needed for synergy as my melee is set in that realm, but does gives him a nice strong ssb as well as my second imperil earth.

The real big prizes I was shooting for were maria's bsb, celes' sbs and vaan's osb. So 1 out of 3 with no dud relics is really drat good!

Hey, does vaan's osb stack with individual stat debuffs, or does it increase with stacking debuffs? Either way it synergizes with Irvine's hyperbreak really well.

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.

Kawalimus posted:

What the gently caress. First draw, 1/11, the OSB I didn't want. Ok, nice stat stick and all but I have plenty in the tank, let's draw again.

Second draw, 2/11, TWO MORE OF THE loving OSB. gently caress!!

Third pull, 1/11 the bartz cloak. gently caress this! I'm done with this banner. Hope XIV is better for me.

So you have... An 8*++ dagger now? Nothing wrong with that!

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Two white mage cloaks and a healing staff :negative:

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
100 mythril got me Bartz's Cloak and two copies of Excalibur T. Slightly disappointing to go 3/22 and get only 2 relics on the banner, but Agrias' burst was the #1 thing I wanted so I'm alright with it. Now I can skip pulling on TG Cid and chase Orlandeau's stuff on a festival banner or Rapha/Marach instead.

Now if I can get Curtana tomorrow night my holy team will be almost complete. Plus the fully augmented 6* Excalibur has 160 drat Atk without synergy, which is hard to sneeze at.

FruitPunchSamurai
Oct 20, 2010

Sprite141 posted:

Hey, does vaan's osb stack with individual stat debuffs, or does it increase with stacking debuffs? Either way it synergizes with Irvine's hyperbreak really well.

As far as I know, vaan's osb only raises its multiplier with each type of stat debuffed. So with hyperbreak, you'll get the full effect.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

ETB posted:

So you have... An 8*++ dagger now? Nothing wrong with that!

I know but I wanted like any other OSB except this. So of course this is the one I get. I expected to get it because it always gives me the top relics I have no use for. But I just expected one, not three! I wanted just about everything else on the banner.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

First pull was just Bartz's Cloak. I was expecting this, but it's not even that bad of a thing to have, what with having Luneth's BSB I can combine it with his wind-boosting Gungnir for maximum damage.

Second pull gave me Ogrekiller, which is rare synergy, and then WHITE MAGE ROBE! A relic I've wanted for a while! It's no BSB, but it's certainly something I could really use, what with its instant-cast potential. Really makes the Minwu stick I got on the first banner pointless. Well, not so much, since I didn't have a healer stick for FF2 before. But you know what I mean.

I can still pull three or four more times, but I'm gonna spend two of them on FF14 banner tomorrow, see what I get, then weigh my options and potential.

Action George
Apr 13, 2013
3/11 gave me Eiko's BSB, Guy's axe and a third healing staff for Ovelia. A little bummed that I didn't get Maria's bow to give me my first mage BSB but I know Hamelin is a great healer BSB (and my first), and I now have an 8* healer stick to go alongside it. Guy's SSB is a little disappointing in isolation, but I guess it works as a stat stick for now and a good incentive to chase Maria's BSB on future banners.

Action George fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Dec 31, 2016

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
Maria BSB and Arc SSB :toot:. Finally have a Mage BSB and it's a good one. Not the most excited about Arc's Robe but an instant cast Medica + Blink on a Holy boosting robe is nothing to sneeze at.

What's ironic is I got Minwu's SSB on OSB 1 so he's already outclassed before I got the chance to even use it :v:.

Alxprit posted:

Really makes the Minwu stick I got on the first banner pointless. Well, not so much, since I didn't have a healer stick for FF2 before. But you know what I mean.

Hey there Instant(-ly Outclassed) Medica buddy.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

U-DO Burger posted:

I now have 5 BSBs and 3 of them are earth elemental. Shame that it's not in any way a common weakness
which BSBs are they?

Kyoujin
Oct 7, 2009
Whelp, after saving mithril for months this fest has been a bit of a let down. 250 mithril got me:

0 OSB
1 BSB
3 new SSBs and some duplicate SSBs (yay 8 star tiara and minwu staff)
and 2x Buttz cloak

Some of it's my own fault for spending all my pulls on two banners but my 3rd pull on banner 1 got me Refia's bsb and my 2nd pull on banner 3 got me Excalibur VI which are my best prizes so it worked out I guess.

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.

Kawalimus posted:

I know but I wanted like any other OSB except this. So of course this is the one I get. I expected to get it because it always gives me the top relics I have no use for. But I just expected one, not three! I wanted just about everything else on the banner.

This dagger has 156 attack. That's 186 fully loaded with rosetta stones, without synergy, on the single weapon type literally everyone can use.

And that's only the one, no combines included. You just got the king of physical stat sticks dude, and future proofed for the 6* black matter whenever that happens too.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Sprite141 posted:

This dagger has 156 attack. That's 186 fully loaded with rosetta stones, without synergy, on the single weapon type literally everyone can use.

And that's only the one, no combines included. You just got the king of physical stat sticks dude, and future proofed for the 6* black matter whenever that happens too.

I know that part I"m happy about. I just have to focus on that!

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.

Kawalimus posted:

I know that part I"m happy about. I just have to focus on that!

Yeah. And hell, what else will you have vaan do? I mean 5* thief is pretty loving ace, but unless you have his bsb there's nothing to use his sb guages on. For ffxii cid mission content you have penelo or larsa for the full break, and you can bring mental break on vaan for the extra boost.

It's nowhere near what an elemental osb can pull of, but honestly for non-wreakness hitting coverage it's still perfectly fine.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Nihilarian posted:

which BSBs are they?

Rinoa's, Ingus's, and Maria's. Lots and lots of earth.

Watching Maria hit the Ochu for 6x 9999 was a sight to behold. :love:

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

Just went 3/3 for 5* on my 100 gem pulls in OSBFest, this time I picked up Agria's BSB

Sorry for being some kind of cosmic luck vampire, goons

(So far i've 100 gemmed Minwu's SSB, Quistis' BSB and now this beaut)

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

U-DO Burger posted:

My 11 pull also gave me Maria's bow and Ovelia's staff...of course, I already had the staff, so that goes to 6*.

Really wanted Excalibur but I'll just have to try and be happy with the bow.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Sprite141 posted:

Yeah. And hell, what else will you have vaan do? I mean 5* thief is pretty loving ace, but unless you have his bsb there's nothing to use his sb guages on. For ffxii cid mission content you have penelo or larsa for the full break, and you can bring mental break on vaan for the extra boost.

It's nowhere near what an elemental osb can pull of, but honestly for non-wreakness hitting coverage it's still perfectly fine.

I'll have him use his BSB!! :D

That's honestly the big reason I didn't want it, cause if I got an OSB I wanted one I'd actually use. But the stick itself is definitely a beast, and anyone can use it. I went over budget so I might just be down to 1 draw on XIV now but it's no big deal cause I have no big attachment to those characters.

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Dec 31, 2016

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
Two ogrekillers and a robe of kindness. Better than nothing I guess, but I'm disappointed.

Should I combine the axes? Its rare synergy but then axes are rare too.

Charles Bukowski fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Dec 31, 2016

Uncle Ulty
Dec 12, 2006

Represent.
I threw 100 mithril at this one because I had eyes on the OSB, Maria BSB, Agrias BSB, and Celes SSB. I already have Hamelin and Ovelia's Staff.

I got the Vaan OSB (woooo), and three Ogrekillers...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

What am I really after if I pull on this banner? I'm looking at the featured relics but nothing's really jumping out that strongly.

I already have Excalibur VI though so maybe that's why?

Referee fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Dec 31, 2016

• Locked thread