Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

chunkles posted:

Is Isaiah like, actually 5'10" or is he 5'10 in the same way that JJ Barea is 6'?

hes listed at 5'9" but he's probably 5'8"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Juaguocio
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, David...

Cool Buff Man posted:

hes listed at 5'9" but he's probably 5'8"

Yeah, he's admitted in interviews that he's actually 5'8"

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
Doc & Austin Rivers ejected tonight. Is that the first time a father/son combo has been ejected?

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

chunkles posted:

It looks like that 3v3 league for retired players is coming along, maybe they could eventually do something like that

what is this now?

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

boxcarhobo posted:

what is this now?

Ice Cube is starting a 3v3 halfcourt league for retired players that might be a traveling thing.

Also
https://twitter.com/michaelvpina/status/815013505862696960

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Cool Buff Man posted:

Haha check out buddy when he post

lmao, had to watch it again. The laugh makes me laugh irl, i laugh so hard

Henchman of Santa posted:

Ice Cube is starting a 3v3 halfcourt league for retired players that might be a traveling thing.

fuuuuuuuuuuuck yea

e: http://nba.nbcsports.com/2016/12/30/ice-cube-pro-basketball-league-big3-jermaine-oneal-jason-williams/

im so all about this, this is EXTREMELY my poo poo, white chocolate already commited, YES LORD

boxcarhobo fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Dec 31, 2016

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

gently caress A Plumlee

https://twitter.com/AJPONE/status/815033682738155521

https://streamable.com/ejw40 (long version)

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Isaiah with 52... very good.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

Another triple double for Jimmy the Beard. Six more rebounds than the next guy (Patrick Beverley, obviously)

Plus a 29 point game from Harrell. Nice.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Cool Buff Man posted:

Haha check out buddy when he post

He ain't even get up that far

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Rockets annihilate the Clippers as god intended

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
I think if Houston doesn't get bit by the injury bug too badly that they can take the two spot from the spurs

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Cool Buff Man posted:

Starting to think the IT-Oriakhi swap might have been a bad trade for Sacramento.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Time posted:

I think if Houston doesn't get bit by the injury bug too badly that they can take the two spot from the spurs

The main problem is that the Spurs can win games with 60% of their roster. Rockets don't have that luxury for the next 4-5 months.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I kind of agree. Unlike the Rockets, the Spurs won't be hosed if any single player goes down for awhile

But the Spurs are kind of unique in the NBA in that regard

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer
i think i would be pretty surprised if the spurs lost the 2 seed.

i mean, i'm not trying to nut-hug my team, but they have the second best record in the league and are only getting better. there's a lot of talent on that team. they just had two "blowouts" without kawhi. things are starting to click.

the rockets are fun and good, but they're still 3 games back and seemingly much less consistent.

we'll see though, anything can happen.

bonus thought: i wouldn't be surprised if the spurs end up tied or even snag the 1st seed for a second. its only one game(1.5 actually). not that they'll actually hold it, but it could happen briefly. everyone sleeping on the spurs and they haven't even reached their final form

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

chunkles posted:

Doc & Austin Rivers ejected tonight. Is that the first time a father/son combo has been ejected?

Two weeks ago apparently lol

Juaguocio
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, David...

Cool Buff Man posted:

Celtics franchise record, 27 points in the 4th quarter. Pretty amazing when you consider who's played for Boston over the years.

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:

RaySmuckles posted:

i mean, i'm not trying to nut-hug my team, but they have the second best record in the league and are only getting better. there's a lot of talent on that team. they just had two "blowouts" without kawhi. things are starting to click.

It would be different if the Spurs had slipped at all during Houston's hot streak but they actually put distance on them and have started to catch up in point differential.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
For Dante Cunningham fans:

https://twitter.com/PelicansNBA/status/814999122331783168

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
Also, Jrue had himself a dunk tonight:

https://twitter.com/FearTheBrown/status/815016418680958977

e: and the home broadcast:

https://twitter.com/NBA/status/815023621722800128

Kibner fucked around with this message at 05:35 on Dec 31, 2016

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I'd give that JRue dunk 6/10 Wiggins

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
The play Austin was ejected on:

https://twitter.com/DanWoikeSports/status/815013596501446656

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

IcePhoenix posted:

I'd give that JRue dunk 6/10 Wiggins

Porzingis is a much better defender than a Plumlee, doe.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

IT really wants that all star spot. 52 on the Heat :popeye:

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Buddy becoming a 3 pt sniper in December needs to be talked about more imo

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
Refs just really don't like Austin (like most everyone that doesn't interview him, tbh).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kmjepbHNQw

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Kibner posted:

Porzingis is a much better defender than a Plumlee, doe.

yeah but no And-1, no pose, less hops, and, most importantly, didn't gently caress a Plumlee

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
Just going through my timeline posting things I find interesting:

https://twitter.com/HPbasketball/status/815050559220809728

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Sixers won again on the road :toot:

Embiid is a total beast

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I'm glad dantoni is being somewhat rehabilitated. He seems like a good guy for the league.

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Tae posted:

The main problem is that the Spurs can win games with 60% of their roster. Rockets don't have that luxury for the next 4-5 months.

Intruder posted:

I kind of agree. Unlike the Rockets, the Spurs won't be hosed if any single player goes down for awhile

But the Spurs are kind of unique in the NBA in that regard

RaySmuckles posted:

the rockets are fun and good, but they're still 3 games back and seemingly much less consistent.

we'll see though, anything can happen.

bonus thought: i wouldn't be surprised if the spurs end up tied or even snag the 1st seed for a second. its only one game(1.5 actually). not that they'll actually hold it, but it could happen briefly. everyone sleeping on the spurs and they haven't even reached their final form

Bashez posted:

It would be different if the Spurs had slipped at all during Houston's hot streak but they actually put distance on them and have started to catch up in point differential.

This is all true. It's a hopeful statement from a hopeful fan

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

euphronius posted:

I'm glad dantoni is being somewhat rehabilitated. He seems like a good guy for the league.

My main concern with his hiring was less with on-the-court-stuff and just the way he kinda parted acrimoniously with previous teams and some of the times he trashed rookie players on his team. It's all smiles, hugs, and Beverley chest bumps right now though

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Sucks to be ejected for that, but while the ball is live you don't tap an official like that. It's one thing when the ball is dead, but when I ref and someone tries to take my attention while the play is going on it drives me bonkers.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

Lockback posted:

Sucks to be ejected for that, but while the ball is live you don't tap an official like that. It's one thing when the ball is dead, but when I ref and someone tries to take my attention while the play is going on it drives me bonkers.

Apparently he'd been jawing at the same guy for awhile

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

Kibner posted:

Just going through my timeline posting things I find interesting:

https://twitter.com/HPbasketball/status/815050559220809728

That should be used everywhere tbh

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Yeow. That's really bad.

TheShazbot
Feb 20, 2011

My vote:

Deandre
B Griffin
Kawhi
THE BEARD
Damian Lillard (my boy)

PG13
The Process
King Zing
Kyrie Irving
Kemba Walker

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

What a bitch rear end ref. No one was reacting to it because not a single player on that court thought it was anything at all.

Metapod posted:

Buddy becoming a 3 pt sniper in December needs to be talked about more imo

too late we all think he sucks already

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Doltos posted:

What a bitch rear end ref. No one was reacting to it because not a single player on that court thought it was anything at all.

Yeah I don't really care what Austin had said before, if it was bad enough he would've been ejected for that instead. This is a punk rear end ref move.

• Locked thread