Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pr0zac
Jan 18, 2004

~*lukecagefan69*~

Pillbug

BONGHITZ posted:

Is there a better way of input, besides a mechanical keyboard with clears?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9kTVZiJ3Uc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

BONGHITZ posted:

Is there a better way of input, besides a mechanical keyboard with clears?

not in my experience

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

I got super tired of seeing your avatar throwing those fuckin' glasses around in the astrology thread so I fixed it to a .jpg

:catstare:

SymmetryrtemmyS fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Dec 24, 2016

There Will Be Penalty
May 18, 2002

Makes a great pet!

you need to rehost

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1GadTfGFvU

pram
Jun 10, 2001

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

kinesis

yeah it's limited to blue or red switches but it is god's own layout

perhaps the layout of the demiurge but not of the true unknowable god

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

pram posted:

perhaps the layout of the demiurge but not of the true unknowable god

the board works in mysterious ways

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

is the O supposed to be the ring? I can't tell.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

What the Christ

mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

Fun Shoe
someone stop me from being loving retarded thanks https://www.massdrop.com/buy/z70-mechanical-keyboard

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

mad.radhu posted:

someone stop me from being loving retarded thanks https://www.massdrop.com/buy/z70-mechanical-keyboard
graph please

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

mad.radhu posted:

looks boring, wait for another ergodox infinity drop

minivanmegafun
Jul 27, 2004

mad.radhu posted:

not enough number pad

pr0zac
Jan 18, 2004

~*lukecagefan69*~

Pillbug

mad.radhu posted:

any after market keycap set you'll want from then on will cost $70 extra to get the weirdo keys you'll need

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

i found this website called mechanicalkeyboards.com and i bought a Ducky One with cherry mx browns and white & grey pbt 'caps and it looks classy and i really like it so far!!

don't care for the ducky logo on the meta keys but you can't win em all

Baxate fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Dec 30, 2016

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

who'da thought you could still type in thing you want.com and find the actual thing you want in this day and age

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Ludwig van Halen posted:

i found this website called mechanicalkeyboards.com and i bought a Ducky One with cherry mx browns and white & grey pbt 'caps and it looks classy and i really like it so far!!

nice solid standard layout board with sensible switch choice and excellent cap choice. you will be pleased

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

Ludwig van Halen posted:

doesn't even look like a duck. pretty keyboard though.

minivanmegafun
Jul 27, 2004

Ludwig van Halen posted:

who's Cal and why does he have a key

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?
would anyone be interested in a replica lisp machine keyboard if one should be made?

mechanical, of course, and either Matias or Cherry key switches, based on the production Symbolics layout

USB of course, and producing all of the proper key codes from all of the various meta, hyper, super, etc. keys

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

eschaton posted:

would anyone be interested in a replica lisp machine keyboard if one should be made?

mechanical, of course, and either Matias or Cherry key switches, based on the production Symbolics layout

USB of course, and producing all of the proper key codes from all of the various meta, hyper, super, etc. keys

rubout

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
i think there is a small market but idk if enough people in yospos have been abused enough for it to be here

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

eschaton posted:

wonder how hard it would be to map them correctly for opengenera :q:

b0red
Apr 3, 2013

lol to anyone who shits on topre and hasn't spent a week or two on it

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

the X keysyms are sufficient for Symbolics Genera, TI Explorer, and the various Xerox systems because Symbolics, TI, and Xerox were participants in their definition

and I'm pretty sure the HID keysyms used by USB, Bluetooth etc. are derived from the X keysyms

so ideally, you wouldn't even need to map them, as long as your X server can be set to pass everything through

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

b0red posted:

lol to anyone who shits on topre and hasn't spent a week or two on it

i'll never be able to afford one so i choose instead to poo poo on them rather than sit un-content with a keyboard im completely content with because "maybe" something is "better"

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

btw, if you want to map another keyboard for Open Genera (or accessing a Genera system via X), a friend of mine has done quite a bit of work on that

be sure to also configure the proper fonts, Genera looks much better with the right fonts than with Helvetica and Courier everywhere

Asshole Masonanie
Oct 27, 2009

by vyelkin

Ludwig van Halen posted:

i appreciate this joke

pgroce
Oct 24, 2002

eschaton posted:

oh hell yes

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Cocoa Crispies posted:

super hyper meta rubout

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮

echinopsis posted:

i'll never be able to afford one so i choose instead to poo poo on them rather than sit un-content with a keyboard im completely content with because "maybe" something is "better"

those grapes were probably sour anyway

JewKiller 3000
Nov 28, 2006

by Lowtax
i don't care how japanese the rubber domes are, it's still not a mechanical keyboard

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

imagine an optical or capacitive keyboard

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

have you ever tried an Atari 400 or a ZX

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

I grew up entering BASIC applications into an atari 400

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
prepare to vom

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
:nms::nms:

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

I got super tired of seeing your avatar throwing those fuckin' glasses around in the astrology thread so I fixed it to a .jpg

echinopsis posted:

prepare to vom

I'm not quoting the other one because there's an image in there

jesus you weren't kidding

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Annual Gift Panda posted:

imagine an optical or capacitive keyboard

holographic keyboard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

how

• Locked thread