Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

inthesto posted:

When I pirated an early version of this game and started it, my copy of The Elements of Style lit on fire and started shrieking in tongues.
Well, it's not like it could get any more useless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Which one of you guys was saying you liked the Terra storyline better than the Tokyo one :newlol:

Seyser Koze
Dec 15, 2013

Mucho Mucho
Nap Ghost

Three-Phase posted:

Also I'm not into interactive fiction graphic novels or whatever this is, and I understand that drawings stuff isn't easy or fast, but would it have killed them to at lease have something like characters that look at each other when talking or change basic expressions even? Or is that just one of those Japanese graphic novel things? I mean hell you wouldn't even need to completely redraw the characters...

In VNs the player character is usually part of the conversation. Scenes that are just NPCs talking to each other are relatively uncommon, so it makes less sense to have separate images just for them looking at each other (although it is becoming more common to have separate face and body images to save space, so that may change). Oftentimes they'll just have a full-screen CG dedicated to the characters talking instead of using the normal cutouts.

Differing facial expressions, on the other hand, have been a staple of the genre for a long time. But Klace would have to pay the artist to make those.

Cloche
Mar 4, 2010

Blarghalt posted:

The is absolutely no narrative reason for there to be a copycat killer. This plot thread never goes anywhere and is only in the story because the writer is a petty piece of poo poo. But more on that later. A lot later, because this story has zero sense of pacing.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess that the reason for this begins and ends with "because Persona 4".

Crazy Ferret
May 11, 2007

Welp
I have literally no idea of what is going on at this point but I'm glad that the Female Wolf/Fox/Dog character is going Super Saiyan. What else could that ridiculous blonde hair style mean? That's usually a sign the story should pick up and there is gonna be a cool fight. Whew! I was worried for a bit.

Crazy Ferret fucked around with this message at 04:54 on Dec 31, 2016

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
I'm glad the least useful character is back, what a fish-out-of-water protagonist needs is a fish-out-of-water best buddy to echo whatever we're already thinking.

Also that Righty bases a lot of his counterpoint on Caylen, a character he talks to Rabies about as though Rabies knows him very well.

I have no idea how to integrate the cog-head into Dime Store Golbez, but I'm open to suggestions.

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
gently caress! Now there's no way Kila will get the chair! It'll just look like he and Rabies entered a suicide pact upon hearing about the death of super-idol what's-his-face. This is the worst outcome!

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Who was that poster with the avatar of the furry character sheet with the little dialog balloon that says "gums are also green"?

That's what I can't help but think of when I see color scheme on those loving ears. :catdrugs:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

I'm glad the least useful character is back, what a fish-out-of-water protagonist needs is a fish-out-of-water best buddy to echo whatever we're already thinking.

Also that Righty bases a lot of his counterpoint on Caylen, a character he talks to Rabies about as though Rabies knows him very well.

I have no idea how to integrate the cog-head into Dime Store Golbez, but I'm open to suggestions.

Yes, I had forgotten who Caylen and Plair were supposed to be so I understood literally nothing.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Oh yes, so now I guess we know why when we first see Caylen in the formal parliamentary session or whatever the gently caress that was, he looked like he was wearing a potato sack or something.

It's because that's how he WILL LOOK after having been rotting away in prison and we presumably rescue him.

Klace only got the one character drawing.

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.

Data Graham posted:

Who was that poster with the avatar of the furry character sheet with the little dialog balloon that says "gums are also green"?

That's what I can't help but think of when I see color scheme on those loving ears. :catdrugs:

To be fair, it keeps them consistent with the ridiculous goku hair. It would probably make it look like even more of a wig if they were not the same color.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
For everyone who's as confused as I am, I made a handy relationship chart that took entirely too much time and is actually much simpler than I thought it would be considering how much loving word vomit there is in this game:

Buried alive
Jun 8, 2009
The relationship chart covers it, but I think it's worth mentioning anyway; Caylen does not work for Velasquez. Caylen works for Righty as an undercover agent pretending to work for Velasquez. Velasquez somehow finds this out and sends Caylen on a doomed mission to be captured by Plair. Righty doesn't want an inside man in Plair's organization, he wants one in Velasquez's. Now, it seems like Caylen could just skip town once he's given his orders and go into hiding for a while, so who knows why he didn't, but that little sub plot actually kind of makes sense. As opposed to everything else going on, which ... doesn't.

Also I totally thought Klace was going to be the one who showed up in the cellar. I'm not sure I registered an emotion when it turned out to be Kila instead. I am dead inside.

megane
Jun 20, 2008

Two of the band members are named Shock and Rocker.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Drum is a legitimate (nick)name down here in the South. If they don't have another band member named that, I just can't take them seriously.

please god don't let there be a Drum

Malachite_Dragon fucked around with this message at 09:03 on Dec 31, 2016

Mechanical Ape
Aug 7, 2007

But yes, occasionally I am known to smash.
You can distract the player with schemes and skullduggery all you want, but this chapter is still just about two idiots checking their mail.

blankd
Mar 26, 2010
I was going to toss in my 30 second fix for ~Winds of Change~ but we got the dramatic reveal about how the mail will never come, JUST LIKE MOM!

bonus?

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

once again, a masterpiece.

Leamonde
Aug 2, 2012

blankd posted:

Shoe whatever-that-guy's-name-is

Absolutely magical :allears:

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe
Everything about this is amazing :allears:

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!

blankd posted:

I was going to toss in my 30 second fix for ~Winds of Change~ but we got the dramatic reveal about how the mail will never come, JUST LIKE MOM!

bonus?

:vince:

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

More effort has gone into making art mocking this game than went into making the game itself :allears:

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

This game is almost worth it just for the "fan art".

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

I'm going up see this thing in my nightmares.
This loving thread :allears:

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Curus Keel posted:

What's worse is that the aforementioned pony thing was original to this game, being one of the female characters. So Klace and/or the artist had to design it from scratch, and yet their efforts made something that looks about the same as the rando self inserts, if not worse. Believe it or not, early in the game's release, there was actually an OC design that's even worse. Have a look at the character which I'm pretty sure was once Caylen:

Huh. For everything that was wrong with this project, they sure managed to sniff out Alolan Grimer way before anybody even suspected that was a thing.

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot
/
"Can you believe my ex wanted to pay his alimony in Reichmarks? That was hardly the weirdest thing that happened..."

Three-Phase fucked around with this message at 14:03 on Dec 31, 2016

Blarghalt
May 19, 2010

blankd posted:

bonus?

You guys give me the fuel I need to power through this piece of poo poo game. :stwoon:

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

*sounds of animals being fed into a woodchipper*

The real "good ending" for this game.

Curus Keel
Nov 8, 2011

Wandering Blue Dragon
Holy crap you guys, please keep up the art. I might have plans to have something of my own added.

Glazius posted:

Huh. For everything that was wrong with this project, they sure managed to sniff out Alolan Grimer way before anybody even suspected that was a thing.

Funny part is, that's supposed to be Klace's take on a popular fantastical race in the furry community, the sergal. Used basically without permission of the actual race's creator or following the terms of service given. That, ah, caused a bunch of problems for the game I'll get into later.

Oh, and speaking of problems, had to archive this from the guy's Facebook.

Klace posted:

It's taken over a year but I finally fixed my damaged reputation from all that stupid drama and faked stuff back when Major\Minor first came out. I knew there was no point in giving up. Even people that hated me back then are looking forward to my next game. It's crazy how a few furries with a vendetta can cause so much trouble. I see the occasional person still spouting old nonsense but it's not enough to be a concern anymore.

Because lying to yourself about the trail of your actions being "faked" is a good way to improve when you make your next very similiar game.

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

It's only forever, not long at all
oh man! Of-course he's friends with Omnom.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

This game is... I can't read it. My brain justs says 'You don't want to see this. Just go on.'

You guys are braver than I. Braver or more stupid. Probably the former, knowing me.

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot
There was an intellectual property issue involving a type of fictional creatures? (As in not a character but a general design?)

This keeps getting better/worse. :stonklol:

V - Now I get it. Seems pretty obvious in retorpsect.

Three-Phase fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Dec 31, 2016

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

It's only forever, not long at all

Three-Phase posted:

There was an intellectual property issue involving a type of fictional creatures? (As in not a character but a general design?)

This keeps getting better/worse. :stonklol:

It's the creature design. In many ways it's like making a Moogle character and trying to sell it in this game.

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

Omnom?

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Who the hell is Omnom and why do I get the feeling I'd rather not know

Curus Keel
Nov 8, 2011

Wandering Blue Dragon

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Who the hell is Omnom and why do I get the feeling I'd rather not know

I think that's referring to the green creature in Cut the Rope, but could be wrong.

On a sidenote, Klace revealed the leading cast for Winds of Change. Apparently, he's still oblivious to the problems of having multiple self-insert characters over OCs. Like in M/M, all three of the male characters shown so far are existing fursonas, transparent enough that a random guy was able to find out the identity of one by FA searches alone. Hell, I even found the one for the rather generically named Pro. Because apparently using the actual character's name of "Constupro" would have been too unfitting or something?

Searching for Valessa though did reveal by proxy an old story of Klace's that apparently involves the same character and the same named empire. Here's the link to it for your reading enjoyment (?).

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Art done did by.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Professional Author

Curus Keel
Nov 8, 2011

Wandering Blue Dragon
I've tried to read the first few parts of the Tower, and the premise has already been lost to me. So there's this spy girl Vanessa who witnesses one guy attempting to execute another after they talk about the fog and the cancer humanity left, or something. I'm left feeling like the majority of the stories words could be cut out, and there's even a few "as ifs" there that just undermine the story - 'longside explaining things that are about to happen.

Really seems like it was written in Japanese first, even though I know that's not the case. What a thing to read on New Year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seyser Koze
Dec 15, 2013

Mucho Mucho
Nap Ghost

Curus Keel posted:

Hell, I even found the one for the rather generically named Pro. Because apparently using the actual character's name of "Constupro" would have been too unfitting or something?

Because the jokes about "constupation" would write themselves. :v:

• Locked thread