Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
ONLY THE BALLSIEST COULD TRANSLATE THIS

https://twitter.com/anime_jojo/status/813045187073060865

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Do Soft & Wet's soap bubbles have the same scent as Stone Free's soap smell??

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP
Wham has become a breeze.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
hi guys i'm currently thinking about part 4 joseph, too old to fight anymore, just spending each day kira is alive hoping that he doesn't lose his son he just met, his grandson, or any more friends and it's real sad

Ocatamai
Jun 18, 2004

Perfect and Elegant Maid
With part 4 animated and over, do you think Araki will let david production do any of the small Rohan short stories as an OVA, or maybe Dead Man's Questions as an OVA?

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

Ocatamai posted:

With part 4 animated and over, do you think Araki will let david production do any of the small Rohan short stories as an OVA, or maybe Dead Man's Questions as an OVA?

One of the Rohan stories is gonna be a bonus OVA for people who bought all the part 4 Blu-Rays, don't know about anything else though.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

I'd be really happy if they did because I can never get enough of Rohan but I sorta doubt it'd happen beyond the one that's already planned.

JDRockefeller
Apr 26, 2010
Animated Deadman's Questions would be super cool. Seeing Kira have to deal with his (kinda) hell on earth life as ghost cop.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Pomp posted:

hi guys i'm currently thinking about part 4 joseph, too old to fight anymore, just spending each day kira is alive hoping that he doesn't lose his son he just met, his grandson, or any more friends and it's real sad

It's cool, he picked up another child out of the deal.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

They're 1000% not doing anything other than the Rohan OVA. Animating is not free, it costs a hefty fuckin' fee

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
They should animate just the part of cool shock BT where koichi gets beat up by a hitler cosplayer

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Anime isn't free
It costs folks like you an' me

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

But if you don't buy a bluray or 5
who will?

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

FirstAidKite posted:

They should animate just the part of cool shock BT where koichi gets beat up by a hitler cosplayer

i want to see the part about catching a wasp

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

I willed too hard again...
I just finished DiU the anime and I was slightly disappointed my theory about Josuke being the one to save himself in the past wasn't true. When they aired the part explaining Josuke's history and getting mad about hair, I was convinced they did that anime device where they hid the face on purpose because it was actually Josuke saving himself because some stand user sent Josuke into the past in an attempt to trap him there. It would also explain too why that pompadour lookalike was all bloody because, if it was Josuke, he was already in the middle of a battle. Everything looked like it was falling in place when Kira was trying to do Bites the Dust in the last episode and I thought Josuke was gonna run at Kira, and a combination of Jotaro's time stop and Bites the Dust's time looping would somehow weirdly merge and send Josuke back to the past.

But I guess it really was some random delinquent in the past and he was bloody because I guess delinquents get in fights all the time and then suddenly care about helping a stray car in the middle of a blizzard.

Exercu
Dec 7, 2009

EAT WELL, SLEEP WELL, SHIT WELL! THERE'S YOUR ANSWER!!
The entire point is that someone who was certainly not expected to help babby josuke did so even though he was injured from fighting, and Josuke found that super worthy of emulating.

This leads Josuke to be inarguably the kindest JoJo (yes, including Jonathan).

If the one who rescued babby josuke was actually josuke himself, that undercuts basically everything about josukes character. He's a good person because he would save his own life? Uh, okay, so would basically everyone.

This is also the root of his stand ability. Josuke saves others with no regard for his own safety, and brawls a lot. Like the delinquent.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Willsun posted:

I just finished DiU the anime and I was slightly disappointed my theory about Josuke being the one to save himself in the past wasn't true. When they aired the part explaining Josuke's history and getting mad about hair, I was convinced they did that anime device where they hid the face on purpose because it was actually Josuke saving himself because some stand user sent Josuke into the past in an attempt to trap him there. It would also explain too why that pompadour lookalike was all bloody because, if it was Josuke, he was already in the middle of a battle. Everything looked like it was falling in place when Kira was trying to do Bites the Dust in the last episode and I thought Josuke was gonna run at Kira, and a combination of Jotaro's time stop and Bites the Dust's time looping would somehow weirdly merge and send Josuke back to the past.

But I guess it really was some random delinquent in the past and he was bloody because I guess delinquents get in fights all the time and then suddenly care about helping a stray car in the middle of a blizzard.

As has been said. the random delinquent was just supposed to represent the golden heart of Morioh that Joseph was talking about in the last episode. Someone who, while in trouble themselves, and supposed to be a delinquent, diverting time to help people who were in trouble. Even giving up his own jacket and suffering for it. That is why Josuke idolized him. It's why Josuke himself is so kind hearted, and how his stand developed such a kind ability.

Without the intervention of Morioh itself, Josuke may have developed just a typical combat stand. Instead, he gained an altruistic ability.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

He got a sick haircut and the best stand of them all from the deal.

I love Crazy D so much and I miss him like crazy. Please return soon, JoJo friday.

The only bad thing about the anime Crazy D is that they gave him generic blue eyes instead of his pink rings.

Which is the bad thing about Josefumi too.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 10:11 on Dec 31, 2016

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Willsun posted:

That's the entire point, that he had a heart of gold despite his appearance. Someone didn't let the voice of love take them higher.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Willsun posted:

Araki writes the manga from week to week without much planning ahead. He just forgot that he wrote that by the time he got to the final fight. This won't be the last time that happens.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

CJ posted:

Araki writes the manga from week to week without much planning ahead. He just forgot that he wrote that by the time he got to the final fight. This won't be the last time that happens.

how do you forget to do something you didn't plan, exactly

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

CJ posted:

Considering the fact that he remembers how many people Kira killed roughly fifteen years after he wrote DiU, amongst other tidbits that are niche little factoids you don't reliably expect any author to remember in his long running manga, it's actually incredibly more likely that Araki has a good memory for his works and did not forget and that anything you feel he did forget is not actually an important thing. This is a general rule, not a Josuke in the past thing specifically.

"Person X forgot element Y" is the idiots way of saying "I don't like how this story turned out but I have no actual way of expressing why I dislike it or why I think this would be better"

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Like, that chapter is a fair bit before Kira is even introduced. I'd be surprised if Araki had as concrete an idea of Bites the Dust at that time as you guys seem to think he did.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Killer Queen's power creep is as close to evidence as you'll likely get to the fact that Bites The Dust was thought up later on as a final battle ability.

I've mentioned it before but "time power final boss" wasn't a trend at the time, there was only one time power boss up until then. If Killer Queen was written to have had Bites The Dust from the first time we see Kira, Araki wouldn't have had to figure out how to have Kira survive Sheer Heart Attack, he could have just used BTD on someone and gone back to a point where he hadn't gone to Centipede shoes and basically the entire plot line changes.

It's just readily apparent, and that interview also states some of this one point, that Araki really enjoyed the idea of Kira as a villain and Killer Queen, and decided he should be the arc villain rather than one and gone so he had to write him to be more powerful than initially shown to keep things interesting so he gave him power ups.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Josuke Higashikata posted:

that Araki really enjoyed the idea of Kira as a villain and Killer Queen, and decided he should be the arc villain rather than one and gone so he had to write him to be more powerful than initially shown to keep things interesting so he gave him power ups.
Araki was right

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Jan 2, 2017

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

CJ posted:

It was never supposed to be time traveling Josuke. He didn't forget poo poo.
Well I mean he did forget other poo poo but not that poo poo you're spewing.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

I'm mad about japanimation

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
CJ just straight up makes things up and posts them to get people riled up. Don't engage him.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Alternatively, get engaged to him and jilt him at the altar

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Me (tucking my anime son into bed): Son , there's no such thing as CJ.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i don't know why people attach themselves to the 'time traveling josuke' thing so much when there's actually poo poo in the series that araki just straight up forgets

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Johnny Joestar posted:

i don't know why people attach themselves to the 'time traveling josuke' thing so much when there's actually poo poo in the series that araki just straight up forgets

Does not reoccur/does not become relevant later on =/= forgotten

StalkofWheat
Oct 10, 2012
The only thing Araki Forgot™ is how to draw big muscly beefcakes.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

I think an awful lot of "araki forgot" is actually "araki came up with a more interesting idea" and we have zero proof that the time travel josuke is araki forgot anyway

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

We have proof that it's not.

It's called Diamond is Unbreakable.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Please stop engaging noted fuckhead CJ and look at this first image of Live Action Josuke instead.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Not feeling it.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
4/10, not fab enough

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Despite the outfit being generic delinquent, it's not hard to get a reasonable Josuke

I want to see the Stands.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

The stands are gonna be really bad looking CG