Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

KoRMaK posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWhu0LovWgY
That boy may not be much to you i tell you what but he's my boy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEzhxP-pdos

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Improbable Lobster posted:

Take a hit of this, Stalker

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Trig Discipline posted:

okay i'm half drunk and going to bed now, but here are my doogie howser closing thoughts for the day:

what's funny is that i make stuff that i look back at five years later and i think "holy poo poo that's brilliant", and i make stuff that i look back at and i say "oh good god that is loving embarrassing", but at the time that i made them i felt equally optimistic about both.

after nearly thirty years of making music, i still have literally zero idea what i myself am going to think is good once i get some distance from it, let alone what anyone else is going to like. i just have to console myself with the fact that i am capable of producing cool stuff occasionally, even if i'm incapable of realizing when i have (and more importantly haven't) done so

mate i hear ye. thanks for the words. its an interesting insight. mostly i am amazed at what i had managed to achieve.

like i've delved into audio software tons over the years.. enough to be able to see how much
work it takes to create certain sounds or manipulate them:: its only after that i've been amazed at what sounds i have made.. but most of my work is the result of loving around in software trying to explore
it's output rather than being able to produce something good at the end. would probably suit some IT job somewhere in the middle
of some kind of computer production.

like rod rocket. i'm still overwhelmingly surprised with what i managed to produce there. one of the things i'm proudest of in life as far as achievements go. but lol no one in reali life can appreciate them: doesn't earn me a deece six and a half figgies :( welp just the real world:

if i wanna get deece figgies in the town i ive in im gonna have to buy a pharmacy or start from day one and retain but the pharmacy angle is something i think i can nail
more but no time in being a startup pharmacy for doing cool tunes

hope 2 win lotto 2nyte so this all becomes redundant and i get to actually spend my life producing good quality interesting trash

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
miss namechagw to trash merchant please tia

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

the lotto is designed to keep poors in line by giving them false hope

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

yos

pos

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

Rex-Goliath posted:

has that ever changed once enough time has passed? like music that you loved once it was five years old became lame once it was fifteen or vice versa?

yeah it does, but not often. usually that happens more because my tastes have changed, rather than because I just needed enough distance from it to be objective

FacePalmExpert
Dec 10, 2014

[imagine a clever quip here]

Anaconda Rifle
Mar 23, 2007

Yam Slacker

i don't care. i will wait forever for this to start animating

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

https://i.imgur.com/4X8oUl1.gifv

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

spankmeister posted:

when it went up to $400m i almost bought a ticket

i did the math and saved my $2 but am still poor, please advise

LUBE UP YOUR BUTT
Jun 30, 2008

syscall girl posted:

when it went up to $400m i almost bought a ticket

i did the math and saved my $2 but am still poor, please advise

have you considered getting rich?

the real reason not to play the lotto is p much anyone who becomes an instant millionaire from it is less happy than they were before because now all their friends expect handouts and relatives they haven't seen in years expect them to throw money at their half-baked business ideas and of course because ultimately they didn't earn the money

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
can someone repost the youtube of people clamping a thing onto a broadcast tower and you can hear the radio through said clamp

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

good dog

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

spankmeister posted:

it's definitely possible for a poor person to get rich from lotto. it's categorically impossible for a poor person to get rich through honest hard work. now which one is the false hope?

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Jerry Cotton posted:

it's definitely possible for a poor person to get rich from lotto. it's categorically impossible for a poor person to get rich through honest hard work. now which one is the false hope?

here in god's country we get indebted for our degrees, which are really about as useful as a library card for most

even doctors whine about student loans before they climb out from under but they have to dissect corpses and idk memorize a million latin and greek words to stop from saying "your cock is burning up from loving" and "your lady junk is completely screwed up from honestly i have no idea, i was high that semester"

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

syscall girl posted:

here in god's country we get indebted for our degrees, which are really about as useful as a library card for most

even doctors whine about student loans before they climb out from under but they have to dissect corpses and idk memorize a million latin and greek words to stop from saying "your cock is burning up from loving" and "your lady junk is completely screwed up from honestly i have no idea, i was high that semester"

yeah?

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

lady junk semester is a pretty big deal because it separates the weirdly obsessed jack the ripper clones from the "first do no harm and drat this good debt is gonna get me a bmw" crowd

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

https://twitter.com/bobvulfov/status/815103069339926528

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

syscall girl posted:

doctor debt is laffo bad and theres these loopholes to dump it as a 'gift' eventually but the tax on said amount might as well be a full bs/ms track of money at that point, idk how they justify that cost to themselves either way

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

i choose landerig

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Jerry Cotton posted:

i choose landerig

draw a birb

chaotic neutral

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

LUBE UP YOUR BUTT posted:

have you considered getting rich?

the real reason not to play the lotto is p much anyone who becomes an instant millionaire from it is less happy than they were before because now all their friends expect handouts and relatives they haven't seen in years expect them to throw money at their half-baked business ideas and of course because ultimately they didn't earn the money

the cool way to do it is you go to a lawyer and get them to set up the legal entity that's needed in your state so that you can claim it anonymously

i know there are a few states that straightup don't let you do this but for the most part it's apparently possible

also always always get lump sum

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

the cool way to do it is you go to a lawyer and get them to set up the legal entity that's needed in your state so that you can claim it anonymously

i know there are a few states that straightup don't let you do this but for the most part it's apparently possible

i spent a lot of time imagining what i'd do and who i'd tell

my bff would probably get a few million to do some tech startup stuff, he's a good guy

i'd pay my parents back for college and being a money sponge throughout my 20s

my brother couldn't know though, so i couldn't figure out how to work the above

guaranteed he'd get up to trouble

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

also always always get lump sum

:lol: if lottery winners are public information in your poo poo-hole country just :laffo:

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

syscall girl posted:

i spent a lot of time imagining what i'd do and who i'd tell

my bff would probably get a few million to do some tech startup stuff, he's a good guy

i'd pay my parents back for college and being a money sponge throughout my 20s

my brother couldn't know though, so i couldn't figure out how to work the above

guaranteed he'd get up to trouble

hope you like payin a mega shitload of tax on all of those gifts above $14k

basically you'd need to setup some kinda business or foundation or w/e and have those people as your employees

for your parents you could buy them a house or smth but it would likely still need to be in your name to avoid the taxman so you'd be their landlord

i mean really what you'd do is hire a wealth management firm and lay this all out for them and they'd handle it but i bet it would look somethin like that

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

basically you'd need to setup some kinda business or foundation or w/e and have those people as your employees

for your parents you could buy them a house or smth but it would likely still need to be in your name to avoid the taxman so you'd be their landlord

i mean really what you'd do is hire a wealth management firm and lay this all out for them and they'd handle it but i bet it would look somethin like that

if you ever win the lotto though, taxes should be the least of your worries

i'd probably try to do something about the MIC vs. basic infrastructure and social welfare though

one f35 vs how many lives

do a reverse carmack or a slightly more focused bill and melinda gates foundation

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

yeah a probate lawyer basically just does this stuff

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon
https://i.imgur.com/QLzB4uF.gifv

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
it would take the stress out of having to find a job

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

Jerry Cotton posted:

i choose landerig

imho this is the saddest thing ever next to a man who put he own name on he city name sports team jersey

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anaconda Rifle
Mar 23, 2007

Yam Slacker

this bird fucks

• Locked thread