Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Whale
Apr 9, 2009
Alright Daria is completely insane. I wouldn't be surprised at all if they nerfed her cost to 12 or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Got my fourth ever 5-0, this time with Dragon. Decklist here:

https://shadowverse-portal.com/deck...GMo.62xSA.62zto

Confirming that I know gently caress-all about Dragon, I figured this was a 3-2 list or 4-1 if I go second a lot. Only went second twice.

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

Decided to bite the bullet and built Control Blood after buying two of the Blood precons. Not sure how good that deck is going to end up being with the new expansion, but I've wanted to try that deck for a long time and I don't really care about ranking up. Hungering Horde, Sadistic Night (actually got to see Beast Dominator in play!) and Matriarch from RoB seem good so far. Also trying out Veight, but I'm not sure how many I want to play. Not that he's a bad card, but I'm having a hard time fitting in everything I want to put into the deck.

Talmonis
Jun 24, 2012
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

Retcon posted:

Decided to bite the bullet and built Control Blood after buying two of the Blood precons. Not sure how good that deck is going to end up being with the new expansion, but I've wanted to try that deck for a long time and I don't really care about ranking up. Hungering Horde, Sadistic Night (actually got to see Beast Dominator in play!) and Matriarch from RoB seem good so far. Also trying out Veight, but I'm not sure how many I want to play. Not that he's a bad card, but I'm having a hard time fitting in everything I want to put into the deck.

Bloody Mary control is my bread & butter. It's a blast to play when things go right. Your health going up and down wildly while the opponent scrambles to kill each Mary you drop and still keep their own board.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Retcon posted:

Was watching a stream today and some A0 guy was getting shredded by Control Blood decks, they seem pretty decent. I don't want to say it sucks that pretty much every deck has a cool build now that seems really good, but I only have so many vials :(

Still haven't decided which prebuilt to get, the only one I wouldn't consider is swordcraft since I pretty much already have all the cards needed for any meta deck. I think I'm gonna check out what decks could feasibly run PtP (Discard Dragon adds one onto that pile, maybe) and decide from there, since I could reuse a lot of the PtP cards to save vials

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

Talmonis posted:

Bloody Mary control is my bread & butter. It's a blast to play when things go right. Your health going up and down wildly while the opponent scrambles to kill each Mary you drop and still keep their own board.
Yeah, I have 3 Marys in the deck. It's nice to have a card that has pseudo-ward (in that your opponent HAS to remove it), and the potential burst is insane. Can't wait to hit someone for 11 with Mary+Dire Bond+Razor Claw.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Lord Ephraim
Feb 22, 2008

That's one way to get ahead in life, but nothing beats an axe to the face.
I saw it on a stream first but swordcraft's new board clear is the Hamsa Blade. It's cheaper than Alexander and wipes much stronger followers while still leaving one of your followers on board.

Play Hamsa first, it gains the attack of the strongest enemy follower (like say flame destroyer) then play cyclone blade to deal X damage to all enemies that's equal to the duck's attack.

Took out a flame destroyer + double Oglor + Daria while still having a 7/2 big duck.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
everytime i see a daria deck it's either one turn too late to stop me from finding lethal, a hilarious fizzle, or right as i draw into some kind of board wipe

i'm not even claiming that i'm any good at this game, because i'm loving getting worked by every other deck under the sun, but i confess i'm not too impressed by the archetype itself

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
The first time I saw a Daria played against me I carefully dismantled their board every turn with the help of ma boy Mordecai. And this was without Neph in the deck. I really want to make a shadow control deck now.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
It seems really unreliable to me. Sometimes they dump their entire hand by turn 4, sometimes they just putter around forever and never build up steam.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Mid blood definitely feels real but I'm not running Queen Vampire and I'm not convinced it's worth the slot. One of the weakest things about the deck is a lack of early plays that can leave it falling behind (and board wipes are dead in that awkward 3-4-5 space when you might really want one. Queen doesn't do anything for that and only gives reach when you combo with Vania, which is nice, but not a super important synergy. She's got built in value but I don't think the deck is so much trying to outvalue as it is trying to make it to midgame where it has tons of unfair damage through storm and burn. I also tried Bloodhungry Matriarch and she's not super impressive to me.

I'm thinking of swapping in Feena for the value you get in extra bodies and because Blood Wolf, Vania, and the 1/3 can help grease your mana curve a bit so your late game can play more than one card per turn.

Lord Ephraim
Feb 22, 2008

Daria by herself isn't the problem. Dshift alone was never the problem either.

It's the broken rear end 2 PP mage who is old as dirt super value play of instant board clear, now with piercing rune to give more follower clear plus face damage. If you lose to Daria, it's probably because Levi evolved 2-3 times in the match.

In every single runecraft deck, you will see 3 Levis. Even in dirtrune where he has no synergy with earth sigils. He's that good.

The only cards I say that are better than Levi are Rhinocroach and Beastcall Aria.

Lord Ephraim fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Dec 30, 2016

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

shh Levi is so cool + good dont let out the secret

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

Nehru the Damaja posted:

Mid blood definitely feels real but I'm not running Queen Vampire and I'm not convinced it's worth the slot. One of the weakest things about the deck is a lack of early plays that can leave it falling behind (and board wipes are dead in that awkward 3-4-5 space when you might really want one. Queen doesn't do anything for that and only gives reach when you combo with Vania, which is nice, but not a super important synergy. She's got built in value but I don't think the deck is so much trying to outvalue as it is trying to make it to midgame where it has tons of unfair damage through storm and burn. I also tried Bloodhungry Matriarch and she's not super impressive to me.

I'm thinking of swapping in Feena for the value you get in extra bodies and because Blood Wolf, Vania, and the 1/3 can help grease your mana curve a bit so your late game can play more than one card per turn.

i can see the reasoning. i've had good experiences with vamp queen myself, but i can see it being a card to cut. sometimed getting those two ward bats is really useful to keeping a stronger board presence.

Feena is an interesting choice though and i think worth testing for sure

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Lord Ephraim posted:

Daria by herself isn't the problem. Dshift alone was never the problem either.

It's the broken rear end 2 PP mage who is old as dirt super value play of instant board clear, now with piercing rune to give more follower clear plus face damage. If you lose to Daria, it's probably because Levi evolved 2-3 times in the match.

In every single runecraft deck, you will see 3 Levis. Even in dirtrune where he has no synergy with earth sigils. He's that good.

Yeah, I hate Levi. The worst part is that he'll be here forever because it's impossible to make anything to replace him without even more massive power creep. And they probably won't nerf him because Rune isn't actually good.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS posted:

i can see the reasoning. i've had good experiences with vamp queen myself, but i can see it being a card to cut. sometimed getting those two ward bats is really useful to keeping a stronger board presence.

Feena is an interesting choice though and i think worth testing for sure

Feena is like my pick for set-defining card. I might be wrong on that but I'm really bullish on a t5 evolve play that gives you two bodies and another card in hand.

Also Yurius should rename himself to Hilarious, because I just watched a guy Urd the 3/1 skeleton when I had two of them out. Sure, you get the free token. PS take 6.

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

oh i forgot feena makes the goblin mage cost zero. yeah that nighf be really good. the only issue i see is that so often i want to spend my evo point of masetame.

and yeah like i said in my first post about the deck, yurius is a sleeper hit imo. he just does so much damage that no one plays around.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Yurius is great. It's hard to remove 3 HP on turn 2 or 3, and he's extremely likely to effectively be at least be a 2 cost 2/3, probably more.

Clarste fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Dec 31, 2016

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

Saw some dude combine sahaquiel with lucifer to remove a minion and heal for 4 at the same time, pretty sick combo

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

I know a meta hasn't shaken out and everything but so far I'm really impressed with how strong 4s without evolve and strong 5s with, as well as clash, have made it feel like neither side is straight up buried by going first or second.

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

That will probably change once people get used to playing against him, but I love it when my opponents do stuff like filling their board with Fairies without a moment of hesitation while I have a Yurius in play. He's also great against Swordcraft - they either take a bunch of damage while they develop their board or have to do some awkward plays to get rid of him.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Indecisive posted:

Saw some dude combine sahaquiel with lucifer to remove a minion and heal for 4 at the same time, pretty sick combo

I'm surprised that works. I would have expected Sahaqiel's ability to activate before Lucifer's, and send him back to hand without healing. I suppose this is basically the same as the Pascale/Professor of Taboos interaction though.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQPRGqyxos4

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
Anyone have any luck with Neutralcraft beyond meme builds? What class do you guys thinks works best.

Also, I've been playing my bastardized version of control Seraph (one Seraph, one Satan, one Bahamut) and even with a lack of new cards, its loving hilarious right now.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

A big flaming stink posted:

Anyone have any luck with Neutralcraft beyond meme builds? What class do you guys thinks works best.

Also, I've been playing my bastardized version of control Seraph (one Seraph, one Satan, one Bahamut) and even with a lack of new cards, its loving hilarious right now.

I saw a face dragoncraft list doing well with like just a partial neutral package rather than being full on meme about it. But that was like one game so I can't really say how well it works overall.

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004
Hey thanks for the free 500 gol

Nages
Dec 31, 2011

Just yell at her like you always do. Bitch, get out of the way!
If you are going to do neutralcraft do it in Haven because Haven has the best non-follower cards by far.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

Nages posted:

If you are going to do neutralcraft do it in Haven because Haven has the best non-follower cards by far.

they can also fetch valkyrie spear without playing a 4 drop, good point

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Calling known neutral deck pioneer Golden Battler who said he was going to stream yesterday and DID NOT

I'm pretty sure he did Runecraft for Arcane Bolt usage

RazzleDazzleHour fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Dec 31, 2016

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer

Awesome! posted:

i used 500 of my private match gold on vania :3:

I'm pretty sure I'm just going to save up the rest of the new years bonus gold and buy the full leader pack (at 2100 gold after the 500 login bonus). They are being so generous with card packs that I feel like I can splurge on those instead.

Since I'll be buying a deck or two with cash soon, why not?

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Calling known neutral deck pioneer Golden Battler who said he was going to stream yesterday and DID NOT

I am a well known liar.

If it makes you feel any better I'm going to stream in like 15-30 minutes.

Yakiniku Teishoku
Mar 16, 2011

Peace On Egg
Oh man, midrange Shadow is real fun

Nages
Dec 31, 2011

Just yell at her like you always do. Bitch, get out of the way!

they can also fetch valkyrie spear without playing a 4 drop, good point

If you are talking about Prism Priestess she only searches for amulets with a countdown.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Well, after watching a billion Daria matches I am pretty sure than this game cannot longer boast "less random bullshit than heartstone".

Well, yeah, it has less random bullshit but, you know.

trucutru fucked around with this message at 07:06 on Dec 31, 2016

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.
It's just card draw rng turned up to 10, you're still only drawing from a deck you created and not doing a random thing within a huge set of elements like getting a card or summoning someone from outside your deck or even outside your class

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
the actual problem is that i am straight up loving garbage at piloting it, but the silver bolt + wolf otk deck really does not feel particularly good to me

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i was watching a streamer try and play that earlier in masters and it seemed really bad. unfortunate since i have now pulled 4 wolves from packs. the game clearly wants me to play it. hopefully someone figures out a good list.

e: yay i got my liza sleeves :D last guy i beat is my friend because he was higher rank and gave me just enough (12005) when i thought i was going to need 2 more wins.

also check your animated cards from the new set. i just noticed i had 4 copies of animated feathered patroller and the liquefy button was grayed out.

and one silly picture from my grinding tonight. he didnt like the 2nd liza i guess.

Awesome! fucked around with this message at 12:26 on Dec 31, 2016

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

This one's for you, Timmy :911:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Ephraim
Feb 22, 2008

Losing to aggro tempo rune when zero Darias are played but three Levis are evolved.

Crimson sorcery x3 piercing rune x2 Angelic snipe x3 16 face damage from spells within 6 turns. Fun and interactive deck.

15 straight games of this garbage trying to complete dragoncraft dailies in unranked. Now that I think about it, giving storm minions to Runecraft is a loving terrible idea. The only thing that kept Dshift from making GBS threads spells all over your face was zero follower pressure. Storm can just gently caress trading and go face.

Lord Ephraim fucked around with this message at 13:45 on Dec 31, 2016

• Locked thread