Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Sparklers burn at 1800°F to 3000°F (1000°C to 1600°C) but it's actually pretty safe to hold them close to your body or even hold one in your mouth since the sparks themselves have really low thermal energy and won't burn you just as long as no other part of the sparkler touches you. Putting one in your mouth and then letting go is ... uh, not recommended.

More to the point, sparklers include their own oxidiser. That means they keep burning even if you starve them of oxygen!

You could probably put out a candle by putting it in your mouth because the flame would consume all the oxygen in your mouth and then extinguish (assuming you didn't burn the roof of your mouth and spit it first out, of course). But sparklers burn even if you try to snuff them out, because they contain their own source of oxygen.

I can't be too smug, though, because I had to look it up to confirm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

repeating
Nov 14, 2005

Hyperlynx posted:

More to the point, sparklers include their own oxidiser. That means they keep burning even if you starve them of oxygen!

You could probably put out a candle by putting it in your mouth because the flame would consume all the oxygen in your mouth and then extinguish (assuming you didn't burn the roof of your mouth and spit it first out, of course). But sparklers burn even if you try to snuff them out, because they contain their own source of oxygen.

What a wonderful little single-use self-powered welding tool we give to toddlers.
*furiously googles sparkler welding*

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Hyperlynx posted:

Same but we both institively knew not to put burning things into our mouths, so that's a plus at least

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Ronda Rousey had her big comeback fight today, everyone was expecting big things, but it turns out that after you get exposed by a good striker, then do loving nothing to work on your striking, you're going to get exposed by a good striker again.

http://i.imgur.com/dSJzlGe.mp4

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Isn't Ronda kind of a terrible person anyway so we shouldn't feel too bad?

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Malachite_Dragon posted:

I would go so far as to say we might even feel some joy at her misfortune.

If only there was a word for that. I bet the Germans have one, they have a word for everything.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

:downs:
I will only say in my defense that it's 5:50 in the morning and I'm quite tired but my shift doesn't end for another hour.

A Proper Uppercut
Sep 30, 2008

From that high school basketball player court video, I had no idea you could serve multiple sentences concurrently. Seems odd to me.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

A Proper Uppercut posted:

From that high school basketball player court video, I had no idea you could serve multiple sentences concurrently. Seems odd to me.

Depends on the jurisdiction and severity.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Well, she supposedly thinks that the Sandy Hook shootings, and 9/11, were black flag operations.

In practise (as least from a cursory google) I could only find this, which looks to be from a "truther" site, and the most incriminating evidence there is that she retweeted a Sandy Hook conspiracy video.

So.... I guess she might be an idiot? I don't know whether "terrible person" is justified.

This court of public opinion is adjourned. *gavel sounds*

:doink:

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

It seems to happen all the time, probably to prevent someone who did a relatively minor crime several times from getting life in prison. In that case it was probably more going easy on him since he's young and still has somewhat of a chance at reforming though.

verymoldy
May 23, 2004

Low Desert Punk posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inVPAczVapo

Rapist cop cries like a baby when he's found guilty.

Did I just experience the equivalent to having sex while on MDMA? Will there ever be any freude that will bring me back to these highs? Even watching people ache their balls pales in comparison...

NiceGuy
Dec 13, 2006

This is my BOOMSTICK
College Slice
Try watching the video of his victims singing Happy birthday to him after the verdict. It's like a cigarette after a long hard lay :cool:

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Memento posted:

Ronda Rousey had her big comeback fight today, everyone was expecting big things, but it turns out that after you get exposed by a good striker, then do loving nothing to work on your striking, you're going to get exposed by a good striker again.

http://i.imgur.com/dSJzlGe.mp4

Did anyone besides the UFC marketing team expect big things from her? She was really good because the talent pool was so shallow. I've said it before and I'll say it again, she's the female Karo Parisyan.

Bates
Jun 15, 2006

Solice Kirsk posted:

Did anyone besides the UFC marketing team expect big things from her? She was really good because the talent pool was so shallow. I've said it before and I'll say it again, she's the female Karo Parisyan.

I think a lot of people was super stoked about her because she seemed kickass and invincible and that was a kinda new rolemodel for women or something. Otherwise I have no idea why so many seemed to be so invested in her.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer
IDK poo poo about MMA but this is some great reporting right here

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Bates posted:

I think a lot of people was super stoked about her because she seemed kickass and invincible and that was a kinda new rolemodel for women or something. Otherwise I have no idea why so many seemed to be so invested in her.

The claims that she could beat Mayweather were the best. But I also don't think it was fair how much pressure the UFC put on her by building up this giant "greatest of all time" hype train around her.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

My new favorite image

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Solice Kirsk posted:

The claims that she could beat Mayweather were the best. But I also don't think it was fair how much pressure the UFC put on her by building up this giant "greatest of all time" hype train around her.

I think she is fine with the giant bags of money she got from it

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

In the case ofTony Farmer, it looks like he's turned his life around after prison.
http://www.deepishthoughts.com/remember-tony-farmer-hes-well/

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Andrast posted:

I think she is fine with the giant bags of money she got from it

Maybe, but she also said she thought about killing herself when she lost because "she wasn't anything if she wasn't a champion." Money doesn't always fix broken brains.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

Bates posted:

Also she is more conventionally attractive than most women who beat people up for a living generally are.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Errr... If you say so.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Solice Kirsk posted:

my favorite part was when the UFC decided that there'd be a blackout for media for her despite being a huge hyped thing and a major PPV and all that, and then when people asked White about it he was all 'yea this is just a one time thing' as if that made it not insane.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
Luanne Platter is the best and most hot fake boxer woman.

I won't hear different.

ro5s
Dec 27, 2012

A happy little mouse!

FCKGW posted:

My new favorite image

Holy poo poo

verymoldy
May 23, 2004

NiceGuy posted:

Try watching the video of his victims singing Happy birthday to him after the verdict. It's like a cigarette after a long hard lay :cool:

To me the cherry on top of this horrible thing is that he got a solid 263 years, not to be served concurrently.

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

You are the first crack in the sheer face of god. From you it will spread.

Solice Kirsk posted:

The fight was also one round, so it wasn't like she was hanging in there for a while and then let her guard down. She can do arm bars and gently caress else. She's terrible.

Malachite_Dragon posted:

She retweeted a Sandy Hook false flag conspiracy video with a comment like, "really makes you think." Yeah, Rhonda. It makes me think, "whoever made this video is an evil dumbass." I don't know if that makes her a bad person, but she's at least a huge idiot whose combination of stupidity and celebrity probably made more than one person buy that evil bullshit that wouldn't have otherwise. But her being a bad, overhyped fighter is reason enough for schadenfreude for me.

FCKGW posted:

My new favorite image

Fuckin lol

Professor of Cats
Mar 22, 2009

FCKGW posted:

My new favorite image

This is fantastic.

e: \/ :smith:

Professor of Cats has a new favorite as of 21:58 on Dec 31, 2016

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Solice Kirsk posted:

Maybe, but she also said she thought about killing herself when she lost because "she wasn't anything if she wasn't a champion." Money doesn't always fix broken brains.

Wow, that's pretty hosed up, especially considering that her dad committed suicide when she was a kid.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

"I learned it from watching you!"

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

FAROOQ
Aug 20, 2014

by Smythe

verymoldy posted:

To me the cherry on top of this horrible thing is that he got a solid 263 years, not to be served concurrently.

the joke is on you specifically when he outlives that

Professor of Cats
Mar 22, 2009

I can still hear his scream.

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

:eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop:
Fun Shoe
e: ^^ :c00l::respek::cool:

This really needs sound for his agonized screams:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHSJCMkUa9Y&hd=1&t=16s

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Everytime I see that GIF or watch that video, I can't help but think: dude, you dove headfirst into a cactus while wearing next to nothing, what the hell did you think would happen? :laffo:

Bates
Jun 15, 2006

Mikl posted:

Everytime I see that GIF or watch that video, I can't help but think: dude, you dove headfirst into a cactus while wearing next to nothing, what the hell did you think would happen? :laffo:

He thought he would get a bunch of sweet Youtube clicks an be forever known as the best cactus slayer in all the land.

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

My favorite part is where he starts screaming at his buddies for not decactifying him fast enough

I'd've been tempted to leave him there at that point

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

At 40 seconds he briefly becomes a pig. Him still trying to act like a tough guy at the end is the cherry on top though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

tacodaemon posted:

My favorite part is where he starts screaming at his buddies for not decactifying him fast enough

I'd've been tempted to leave him there at that point

It was at the "Help me NOW!" that I would have just started throwing pebbles at him.