Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sweet As Sin
May 8, 2007

Hee-ho!!!

Grimey Drawer
I had delicious flan!

Or so I thought, it is guava flan. I feel so betrayed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

The White Rabit Project is a fun show but their rating system is unneeded and drags down the program.
Just recreate crazy poo poo and talk about science!

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
There are too many labels under a single designer now, I don't have time to remember which Calvin Kleins are the good ones and which are for scrubs

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
I burnt my tongue last night and it's still pretty sensitive this morning.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
My "problem" is that I inadvertently paid too much for my phone data plan this much. I was lucky enough to do most of my phone stuff in places that had wi-fi, so I used maybe 20ish percent of what I could use.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

I burnt my tongue last night and it's still pretty sensitive this morning.

I bit my tongue while having pumpkin pie for breakfast.

Sweet As Sin
May 8, 2007

Hee-ho!!!

Grimey Drawer
The universe doesn't want me to buy games on the PS4 but I have not built my gaming PC and won't for a while so I'm stuck with Sony's terrible system

I Am Not Spor
Dec 13, 2006
all the better to glomp you with
Spotify's throwback Thursday playlist is really bad today; the songs are like 10 years old.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

I have food poisoning ????? ?????? ?? ? :cry:

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
I started vacation time yesterday. I meant to go see a movie.

Instead I got a migraine.

The other related FWP is I get sick of explaining to people that migraines are not "just headaches." Sometimes they get so bad it's impossible to soldier on and your only choice is to go to bed for 24 hours and wait for it to go away.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Mu Zeta posted:

All I'll say is that you'll probably enjoy the movie more if you watch A New Hope before. IMO, Rogue One isn't quite as good as a standalone movie.

Also all those "explained" videos are so trash.

Having seen Rogue One earlier this week, I can't imagine what needs to be "explained". It's all pretty straightforward if you have any idea what Star Wars is. There's no cameos that reveal something shocking about characters or anything like that.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Choco1980 posted:

Having seen Rogue One earlier this week, I can't imagine what needs to be "explained". It's all pretty straightforward if you have any idea what Star Wars is. There's no cameos that reveal something shocking about characters or anything like that.

I don't think most viewers would get the Admiral Thrawn reference

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

I took two weeks of from work and I've been sick for the entire first week.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Guy Goodbody posted:

I don't think most viewers would get the Admiral Thrawn reference

Too bad he wasn't referenced then.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Choco1980 posted:

The "...explained" stuff are all clickbait videos.

Oh, did I miss something?

*watches 10 minute video with no new info*

I got tricked

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Choco1980 posted:

Too bad he wasn't referenced then.

This is what I mean

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.
I woke up this morning and my ribs are so goddamned sore; it hurts to breathe or move. Did I pull a muscle while I was sleeping? Is this what getting old is like? I just hope the pain goes away so I don't have to cancel my NYE plans.

Gloryhold It!
Sep 22, 2008

Fucking
Adorable

ToxicSlurpee posted:

The other related FWP is I get sick of explaining to people that migraines are not "just headaches." Sometimes they get so bad it's impossible to soldier on and your only choice is to go to bed for 24 hours and wait for it to go away.

God this was so goddamn annoying. People couldn't get it through their skulls how debilitating migraines are

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Gloryhold It! posted:

God this was so goddamn annoying. People couldn't get it through their skulls how debilitating migraines are

Yeah, no joke. I had a co-worker that had to retire early because his were so frequent and so severe. Last I heard he was pretty much confined to his house and not allowed to drive.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

The Snoo posted:

I have food poisoning ????? ?????? ?? ? :cry:

Not my FWP, but my dad was sick all day because he didn't stop eating an old banana even if (in his words) "it tasted like it was beginning to ferment".

My FWP is that, due in part to laziness and partially out of usage, basically everything I use regularly needs to be recharged, and I'm not sure if I have charging cords (and the right charging cords, to boot) to do everything. Phone, tablet, battery, a wireless headphone, maybe another pair of headphones, and my Fitbit...

Sweet As Sin
May 8, 2007

Hee-ho!!!

Grimey Drawer
I played with my kittens and they had a blast climbing all overr me but I'm covered in scratches

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Sweet As Sin posted:

I played with my kittens and they had a blast climbing all overr me but I'm covered in scratches

This sounds like the opposite of a problem, sorry. :3:

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Malachite_Dragon posted:

This sounds like the opposite of a problem, sorry. :3:

Cat scratches itch like hell

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Yeah but kittens though

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

cyberia posted:

I woke up this morning and my ribs are so goddamned sore; it hurts to breathe or move. Did I pull a muscle while I was sleeping? Is this what getting old is like? I just hope the pain goes away so I don't have to cancel my NYE plans.

There's an old saying about ageing that, after middle age, the only time you'll ever wake up without pain is when you're dead.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
A few months ago when I got new glasses, I had to get them adjusted, and the lady who did them also made it so that my glasses wouldn't fall down my nose. Which was awesome because my glasses have always slid down my nose.

This has led to a FWP: my glasses stay up so much now that they accumulate a bit of skin oil from my eyebrow area. So if and when my glasses get dirty, I have to wash them with water or a microfiber cloth, cuz otherwise it'll just smear.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

MisterBibs posted:

A few months ago when I got new glasses, I had to get them adjusted, and the lady who did them also made it so that my glasses wouldn't fall down my nose. Which was awesome because my glasses have always slid down my nose.

This has led to a FWP: my glasses stay up so much now that they accumulate a bit of skin oil from my eyebrow area. So if and when my glasses get dirty, I have to wash them with water or a microfiber cloth, cuz otherwise it'll just smear.

Don't use water. alcohol spray and microfiber cloth

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

Guy Goodbody posted:

Don't use water. alcohol spray and microfiber cloth

Oh, I know, it's just that while I should have both of those at normal spots where I know I'm bound to have to clean my glasses, I don't always so sometimes I have to make do. Hell, that's it's own FWP, somewhere along the line I've misplaced a bunch of my microfiber cloths.

empty sea
Jul 17, 2011

gonna saddle my seahorse and float out to the sunset
I watched Passengers today because of Chris Pratt's face and chest and especially arms. They are a siren song unto themselves. Both of my friends agreed that they would've woken not only one other person but many other people.

As a goon, I probably would've just masturbated to hot guys in their pods, ripped through everyone's personal belongings and files and tried to decide the best place to leave my corpse in the end. Being alone for 90 years on a luxury ship sounds loving amazing. I'd video every minute of it and leave the whole log for the crew. I'd be a legend, dammit.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

We still have two more hours of 2016 :negative:
Also, the opening band at this bar rules but they are about to leave.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

My friend gave me a very deep massage last night, and since I apparently don't feel pain like a normal person, she probably overdid it. So now I have a dull ache in my hands and arms that's slightly annoying.

Fashionable Jorts has a new favorite as of 22:16 on Jan 1, 2017

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

I'm polishing a writing submission and trying not to think about Milo's 250K deal with Simon and Schuester and failing. C'mon, self, I'm not a loving amateur, I can do this. Right?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I like peppermint flavor but I don't like peppermint candy.

artsy fartsy
May 10, 2014

You'll be ahead instead of behind. Hello!

queserasera posted:

I'm polishing a writing submission and trying not to think about Milo's 250K deal with Simon and Schuester and failing. C'mon, self, I'm not a loving amateur, I can do this. Right?

It helps me to remember that they're not publishing this book because they think he's a good writer. :shrug:

genetic_knockout
May 8, 2007

Who's a good boy
I'm back at work after the holidays, and I had to write an email to my bosses basically asking for more work (I literally have no work to do), and for some reason, it's really kicking my anxiety into maximum overdrive. I've been coming and going the long way just to avoid walking by their offices. Stupid brain! I thought we were past this! Just work like normal!

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
I logged in to pay my mortgage and the amount I owed was twice as much as it should be, and it caused me to wonder if I really did pay December, and go back through the transactions, and I saw December WAS missing, got concerned, did more looking, and saw a payment on 11/29, but no payment for the start of November, so went further back and finally found two payments for Oct, the 1 and 29th, so that sort of answered if I had paid all of last year...I did, but was still wondering why I "owed" twice as much.

So called them up and it turns out they changed something on their back end so that if you're at the start of a month it now shows the amount you owe for that month AND the next month...WTF? The Feb payment is due on Feb 1, I get that it's technically due by then, so I guess you could show it to me now, but on the flip side of that, nothing is "late" until after the 15th of the month. Their previous system would only show next month's as due when you were past the 15th, seeing rear end I imagine most people pay it in the first week of the month. Why did they switch? The operator even said they've had TONS of calls about that today.

At the very least send out an email or put a notice on the accounts page that you've changed how it shows the total due so people like me don't freak out.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
That's a completely useless "upgrade" so I'm guessing some middle management idiot decided it would be THE BEST THING EVER and pushed it through, and people just went with it cause he's either the boss's kid or he just won't shut up about it.

My FWP is that paypal somehow refunded a payment I sent back by using my bank account instead of the paypal balance I had, which is pretty damned weird. It's not affecting my money or anything, but it's god damned odd that it moved it out of the bank without moving the money from the actual balance.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
I went through a pretty ugly breakup. Now I'm sad and want to drink heavily.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
I finally got an update regarding my new implant processor: they just re-sent the last email they sent me, saying they were talking to the insurance company. :negative: Motherfuckers, I need this thing to live a normal life and do a normal job.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I ordered a bunch of stuff from Barnes & Noble a little over a week ago, and it all arrived today. Except for one book. I checked online and that one book hasn't even shipped yet.