Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

He was also "oh man, I can't believe people are hacking. loving hackers. Why would they do this? Unethical. Hold on guys, let me play their entire youtube advertisement for you."

He might not be a shill as much as just someone who just fundamentally doesn't understand how marketing works.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
Between his obvious hatred of the game, goon mockery, the fact he couldn't go to GamesCom (because he's paid) and everything else, I wonder why he won't give up his glamorous life of being Twitch's top SC streamer with an audience of 200.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

skaboomizzy posted:

Between his obvious hatred of the game, goon mockery, the fact he couldn't go to GamesCom (because he's paid) and everything else, I wonder why he won't give up his glamorous life of being Twitch's top SC streamer with an audience of 200.

he aint no filthy leaver

Salt n Reba McEntire
Nov 14, 2000

Kuparp.

Pictured: old relic that inspired a monumental waste of seamen from deluded zealots.

Salt n Reba McEntire fucked around with this message at 09:47 on Dec 31, 2016

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Salt n Reba McEntire posted:

Pictured: a cold-blooded machine manipulating words to gently caress over hundreds of Germans.

But enough about Sandi. Instead, look at that fancy code-breaking machine!

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

the joke so nice it got made twice

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

alf_pogs posted:

the joke so nice it got made twice

Comedy through timing is hard.
Guffaw through repetition is available to everyone.

RubberJohnny
Apr 22, 2008

Ghostlight posted:

wtfsaurus did and what he found was you could but damage wasn't received. Which is somehow even more hosed up than a straight yes or no.

This is probably why gunfights on the other side of the level sound like they're right beside you, it's... working as intended.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Tippis posted:

Comedy through timing is hard.
Guffaw through repetition is available to everyone.

I made a funny joke yesterday when a not gay person said they were the biggest gay, so I replied "yeah, you are a bit chubby these days" instead of saying "we all knew" like everyone else. Their girlfriend went sweary mental at me and called me rude. :(

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/WallhaxHQ/status/815107250591133701

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
Yeah, it's getting harder and harder to contain the people making fun of the lovely pre-alpha build state and/or finding ways to make them "fun" for them (hence the hax!). It's definitely not just goons / leavers anymore.

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

:gary: :yarg:

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I want to see CIG ban someone for cheating in their pre-alpha tech demo.

and a whale to boot. Ban a 2K+ account bet poo poo will roll. Ban a 15K account? Ban Miku???? people die. that isnt a joke.
the wuldge or miku with 30+k into it get banned or other spergs what will happen and would CIG do it?

intardnation fucked around with this message at 11:17 on Dec 31, 2016

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

I want to see a video where they shoot pilots from their ships. Now that will induce some rage.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Chalks posted:

I want to see a video where they shoot pilots from their ships. Now that will induce some rage.

It would, but I don't think it's possible, largely because of how CIG worked around how to do ships: the player becomes the ship when entering the cockpit or command chair. It's why there's a lengthy animations, it's to disguise the transition of the player's avatar from a human pilot to a ship. People have boarded ships and tried to shoot the pilot, only to discover they're invulnerable as long as they're in the chair.

kilus aof
Mar 24, 2001

The best thing is Star Citizens watched the video a ton, downvoted and commented. So Youtube is going to read that as strong engagement from people who watch Star Citizen videos and start recommended it to them. Increasing the number of people who see the video and start hacking.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

this reminds me of that ridiculous gun from Perfect Dark that tracked heat signatures through walls and just one-shotted fools

good game

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

A relaxing walk in the woods
Grimey Drawer

alf_pogs posted:

this reminds me of that ridiculous gun from Perfect Dark that tracked heat signatures through walls and just one-shotted fools

good game

PD had a ton of great guns, the Farsight was just the cherry on top. I'm still amazed that they managed to cram that much content into an N64 cartridge.

benzine
Oct 21, 2010

Erenthal posted:

PD had a ton of great guns, the Farsight was just the cherry on top. I'm still amazed that they managed to cram that much content into an N64 cartridge.

Plus the ability to mod the bots you could fight, Goldeneye on steroids.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

benzine posted:

Plus the ability to mod the bots you could fight, Goldeneye on steroids.
The multiplayer in Goldeneye was developed by two people in six weeks. This made the Perfect Dark team's mission to make the multiplayer a lot better than Goldeneye a lot easier than anyone expected...

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

Duckaerobics posted:

I'm really hoping that game ends up being good. The early days of DayZ mod were probably the most I've ever enjoyed a game. Standalone was okay, but still seems to play worse than the original mod even after all this time.

If Tarkov can get anywhere close to that intensity I will definitely be playing it.

Edit: tax

Want to eat those purritos

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spqtYNWAnYM

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
https://www.twitch.tv/dxkkedxmx/v/111118335?t=00h11m13s

:gary:

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zeRNncXjFY&t=335s

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Here's the song from the hax video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IS5U3unpNx4

Just thought it was cool.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

how

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Star Engine Lumberyard finds a way

Various Meat Products
Oct 1, 2003

Anything is possible if you just dream big enough.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

If we don't talk about it maybe it will go away.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

And we all sat here being negative and doubtful about two guys only spending a few days days shoehorning SC into the Lumberyard engine.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

2016: A Space Travesty

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Young Freud posted:

It would, but I don't think it's possible, largely because of how CIG worked around how to do ships: the player becomes the ship when entering the cockpit or command chair. It's why there's a lengthy animations, it's to disguise the transition of the player's avatar from a human pilot to a ship. People have boarded ships and tried to shoot the pilot, only to discover they're invulnerable as long as they're in the chair.

*at Grim Hex pirate bar sipping a space beer* "Yknow kid, back during my first tour fighting in the Vanduuul Wars, I didn't just fly my ship... hell, I was my ship"

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

I'm glad they managed to advance the engine enough to go from janky spinning rings to spinning rings that slowly move through the solid structure of the space station

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Star Citizen: Hack(ed) Together

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

The Titanic posted:

Sorry to hear that, friend. My condolences. :(

Thank you. It helps

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!
This no-damage shooting through walls is probably some bullshit artifact of their "realistic" bullet physics bullshit, where you can shoot people through thin walls. I'd figure the damage multiplier on the bullet gets lowered each time it passes a solid object depending on its material, and eventually ends up at 0 damage. The player being shot at flinches due to bullet impact but gets no damage. Essentially bad coding, because it probably doesn't entirely check whether the bullet hit is valid. poo poo's probably hitscan, anyway.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

SelenicMartian posted:

2016: A Space Travesty

The rings are coming off.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

AP posted:

The rings are coming off.

With sc basically being a mod of Crysis, how hard would it be to mod the rings into a giant rotating goatse, and then have the server pick it up to display to everyone ?

If their programmers can figure out how to gently caress so much up , I'm sure a smart goon can inject a new model

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

spacetoaster posted:

If we don't talk about it maybe it will go away.

Please don't discuss cheating or exploits in our open development pre-alpha test bed that's meant to find cheating or exploits as part of the development process.

These mods are loving idiots.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development
Star Citizen: it's not pay to win, it's cheat/hack/scam to win

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Please don't discuss cheating or exploits in our open development pre-alpha test bed that's meant to find cheating or exploits as part of the development process.

These mods are loving idiots.

Remember in the truly brain washed citizens mind , this is already a AAA game totally deserving of hundreds or thousands of dollars from each person

You can't post cheats man that would ruin all the totally legit fun people are having , now excuse me I need to reboot my computer and load highmem and xms to play another round of Star Marine