Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
2x11

1 Wizard's Gloves and 2 Omnirods.

Nice to have an improvement on Eddie's Mage Shout and Aetherial Pulse will still be nice for bringing Y'shtola in Multiplayer when someone already brought Wall.

It's still a little disappointing though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koobes
Nov 6, 2012

Well I somehow won

Virulence
Jun 14, 2012

I finally lost the gacha.

5x11

4 Wizard's Gloves
2 Holy Shield
2 Thyrus
1 Evoker's Doublet
1 Curtana
1 Healer's Robe

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011
I spent a bit much, but I think this will round up my Mage Team nicely, now, having Papalymo's Ley Lines and with the addition of Alphinaud to it.

I'm gonna sit and see if I spent the last 50 mithril later on OSB 3 or on FF14 2 again.

Alphinaud's BSB is, uh, GOOD, right?

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Two 11-pulls, got two of the Leyline relic, the healer robe, and the shield. I... guess this means I can finally sub out Ramza and Krile from my physical and magic A-teams if need be.

The armor synergy is pretty sweet. I'd love a weapon though

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Yes. This is a Good Pull.

ParliamentOfDogs
Jan 29, 2009

My genre's thriller... What's yours?
6/22

Curtana, Healer's Circlet, Wizard's Glove x2, White Robe x2.

Heck yeah, cat girl healing supremacy and those Wizard Gloves are proper bracers with attack stats and everything too.

Now I just need a holy imperil and Pal Cecil and Minfilia will run amok.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

Cosmic Afro posted:

I spent a bit much, but I think this will round up my Mage Team nicely, now, having Papalymo's Ley Lines and with the addition of Alphinaud to it.

I'm gonna sit and see if I spent the last 50 mithril later on OSB 3 or on FF14 2 again.

Alphinaud's BSB is, uh, GOOD, right?

Mainly if combined with Meltdown (if you Dive him) and the new Wind Summon, but yes. It's really good.

Sega 32X
Jan 3, 2004

3/11 Alphinaud's BSB, Alphinaud's SSB robe, Minfilia SSB shield. I pulled on this banner in the hopes of getting a Medica for Yshtola in addition to already having her wall, should I keep going or cut my (admittedly very good) losses now that I have 4 of the relics and pull on banner 2/save it for tactics or Summoner nightmare?

the Orb of Zot
Jun 25, 2013

Apport: the Orb of Zot
The orb shrieks as your magic touches it!
Yoink! You pull the item towards yourself.
You see here the Orb of Zot.
Two 11 pulls.

First 11 pull was nothing but Papalymo's new SSB, which is still a huge boon given it's my first +MAG and Hastega effect (and the strongest of them for a mage team to boot!)

Second one was dupe Thyrus (my 4th, aka may as well keep for mage synergy for this event) and Alphinaud's BSB.

Should I keep trying or just move on since those were 2/3 of my big wants (the last being Y'sholta BSB but that'll turn up in the future anyways)?

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
3/11 2x Alphinaud's robe and Minfilia's SSB shield. I'll try giving it another shot after I actually pick these characters up.

Edit: I'm wondering who should dive deep into the record spheres. Terra is completely maxed, and OK's missing ninja & magic (they're unlocked, just haven't found a reason to pursue them yet)

Bell_ fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Jan 1, 2017

SageAcrin
Apr 23, 2014

there was a mean thing here before, but now there is a dog

Virulence posted:

I finally lost the gacha.

5x11

4 Wizard's Gloves
2 Holy Shield
2 Thyrus
1 Evoker's Doublet
1 Curtana
1 Healer's Robe

You got twice as many items as I did including Minfillia's Burst and Deployment Tactics, with one more pull.

What I'm saying here is I'm going to shiv you.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Actually wait, is the second banner any good? I like Yda and all but I dunno if her relics are worth a drat.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
They'd have to be godly after that first banner, especially with TG Cid following up.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
1/11, Curtana.

This thing is good right? I was hoping for Alphinaud stuff.

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics
1/11 Leylines relic. Seems really drat good and probably an improvement over sheepsong. Torn on dropping another 11x...

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

I went for a 3rd pull. I just had to.

First two pulls were
Thyrus
Omnirod
3xWizard Gloves

Next pull?

REDEEMED.

saltylopez
Mar 30, 2010

Only dupe for me on this banner was the Omnirod. This pull was basically everything I wanted out of the banner. I had one pull previous to this one with 2 Thyrus' and the Doublet.

Stay safe RNGhost

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

3/11

2x Wizard's Gloves
1x Thyrus

Whoo, finally have a native wall after like 500 mythril! Though of course now that I have Vanille's BSB and no other Yoshi relics, I'll probably never have room to bring her :negative:

Still, gives me some flexibility when I run mage teams! Ley Lines also looks pretty badass - is this thing better than Sheepsong?

And I guess the big question is, do I pull again? There's still a lot of good stuff on the banner but I dunno if having 2 dupes makes it too risky.

Zonko_T.M.
Jul 1, 2007

I'm not here to fuck spiders!

I got Yshtola's medica II and two copies of her proshellga rod out of two 11 pulls. Really wish I had saved it for Tactics. Or gotten any other relic! Even wall! Come on, man!
I'm glad banner pills are the only real Gacha in the game, losing out like this makes me really sore.

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

If I die before I Wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.
3x11: Alphinaud BSB, Y'shtola BSB. Minfilia SSB, Y'shtola SSB, and both of Y'shtola's regular SBs. Needless to say I am very very happy.

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.
I do need some ffxiv synergy, but at the same time I don't give a drat about the characters. Honestly I'll probably skip this one.

Still pissed there was no ffxi event...

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Veil, along with all the SSBs. :toot:

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics
Pull 2: Thyrus, Healer's Robes, Holy Shield. I just got SG last week so Thyrus is less exciting than it should be. It probably isn't worth it for me to drop a third pull, but drat I want Asylum or Veil of Wiyu...

Always be pullin, right? :v:

gently caress YEAH.

And now to go quietly replenish my mythril supply for the next few events.

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011

pichupal posted:

Mainly if combined with Meltdown (if you Dive him) and the new Wind Summon, but yes. It's really good.

I AM going to have both of these things, so yes, then.

My mage team have become thus!

Terra(BSB two SSBs), Alphinaud(BSB), Papalymo(Leylines), Celes(BSB SSB) and... Perhaps Y'shtola or Arc, and just RW SG or SS2, whatever.

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008
Just an Evoker's for me so far on one pull. Not a bad item, but still gonna pull again once I get 13 more mithril.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

All right gently caress it, round 2.

1/11, Y'shtola's Medica II.

You win this time, FFRK...

Jedi425
Dec 6, 2002

THOU ART THEE ART THOU STICK YOUR HAND IN THE TV DO IT DO IT DO IT

100 Gem got me Minfilia's BSB, which is my first ever 100-gem pull getting anything other than garbage.

2x11 got me a dupe Thyrus, two Omnirods, two Holy Shields, and another Curtana. I'm happy I got the holy BSB (and broke my 100 gem drought), but goddamn, game. I need mage poo poo. I can't beat U++ Exdeath unless you give me some more mage poo poo.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Decided gently caress it, gonna 11-pull one more time in the spirit of the new year. 1/11, and I was about to be upset with myself, but it ended up being Veil of Wiyu :stare: I heard everyone talking about this but I had no idea what it actually did. God drat. My summon hones are about to stretch a hell of a lot farther.

I just went from literally zero XIV synergy to being able to field basically a whole team. Can't complain about that.

Now my wind team is almost as absurd as my holy team. Cloud SSB + OSB, 2 Bartz' cloaks, Luneth SSB, and Alphinaud BSB.

Although now I slightly regret diving Edea since she was my only mage team hastega until now. And to a lesser extent Garnet, who was my go-to summoner. Alphinaud seems, uh, pretty good.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

2 pulls because I have little synergy here and there's cool stuff, even though I probably don't need it.

First: Thyrus, Omnirod, and Healer's Circlet

Cool, I guess this makes cat ears my best healer now since I don't have any other bursts for white mages.

Second: Thyrus, Thyrus, Curtana

Stat sticks and a cool BSB, I like it.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Twelve by Pies posted:

1/11, Curtana.

This thing is good right? I was hoping for Alphinaud stuff.

It's quite solid. It's your standard Enholy + Holy Hits soul break entry - which combined with Saints Cross is fine for DPS... and then it saves you hones with Power/Magic Breakdown as commands.

bilperkins2
Nov 22, 2004

Fashion for Dogz
:france:

3/22 - Alphinaud BSB and SSB, and Thyrus, which I didn't already have but had SG. I'm ok with this.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Pull the First: Thyrus and Evoker's Doublet.
Pull the Second: Evoker's Doublet (again).
Pull the Third: Holy Shield.

I'm gonna go for a fourth pull. I think it would better serve me here than on OSB Banner 3, where there's still fear of more dupes and stat sticks that I don't really need, as opposed to this realm where I need get all the help I can get. Hoping for Ley Lines or a single BSB, any would do. I guess now I have Wall but fitting it into the team is tricky, unless it's part of my full Mage team.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

I gathered I was chasing the book and didn't get it, of course.

Is this any good anyway?

SageAcrin
Apr 23, 2014

Curtana's interesting; It's an Enholy breakspam burst.

Basically imagine Cecil's BSB where, instead of being a multitarget spam thing, it was a breakdown thing and did more damage, and on a way better character, and you're on the right track. (Note; It doesn't do any special breaks though. Just Attack/Magic Breakdown commands, that's all.)

It's not god tier among enelements, but it's pretty good.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

IllegallySober posted:

I gathered I was chasing the book and didn't get it, of course.

Is this any good anyway?

A +holy sword at 6* is never a bad thing. (Or two at 5* for that matter). As for this one in particular:

CaptainPsyko posted:

It's quite solid. It's your standard Enholy + Holy Hits soul break entry - which combined with Saints Cross is fine for DPS... and then it saves you hones with Power/Magic Breakdown as commands.

Action George
Apr 13, 2013
2x11 pulls
2 Holy Shields
1 Wizard's Gloves

Kind of disappointing even though those are both really good items. Papalymo will definitely see use now if I want to run a mage party but fitting Minifilia into my A team is kind of difficult since I have Shout already and i feel like my other Hastegas would be an inefficient use of character slots. I guess I could always RW a hastega, but I might end up rethinking my A team. I also might end up doing another pull before the event is over, but I should probably just save my Mythril for another banner.

SageAcrin
Apr 23, 2014

As someone desperately trying to salvage my 200 mythril debacle and who has basically just Shout for Hastega, I am seeing the use of Holy Shield as "Specifically if I want to RW Vessel of Fate".

In that specific case, Minfillia is pretty much straight up better than Ramza most of the time, and I don't need the Hastega.

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics
Now that I have multiple sources of Wall and two Mage BSBs, I feel like it's time for me to make a mage team :getin: :

-Terra (Veil of Fire, Blood of Espers)
-Alphinaud (Deployment Tactics, Aerial Blast)
-Papalymo (Enochian Blizzaja, Leylines) OR Krile (Wind Drake's Roar, Sheepsong)
-Tyro (random garbage, Sentinel's) OR Y'shtola (Healer's Robes, Thyrus)
-Aeris (Pulse of Life, White Materia)

Other mages I have relics for, though no bursts: Edea, Kefka, Exdeath, Reno, Hope

I could always throw Y'shtola on double wall/heal duty, but I think I prefer Tyro wall-ing and supporting and Aeris spamming her medica command.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

private message
Aug 22, 2004
[img]https://forumimages.somethingawful.com/images/newbie.gif[/img]
2x11 pulls
1 Healer's Circlet
1 Veil of Wiyu
1 Omnirod
1 Holy Shield
1 Thyrus

Looks like Y'shtola will be replacing Arc in my A team.

• Locked thread