Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Lol https://twitter.com/sacramentokings/status/815324125501607936

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Beaten like hell but it's loving incredible that the Bulls hired Fred Hoiberg to run an up-tempo, perimeter-oriented offense and then gave him players like Rajon Rondo, Dwyane Wade, and Michael Carter-Williams to run it.

This might be a bigger mismatch between coaching philosophy and talent than Mike D'Antoni being hired to run a Lakers team featuring two All-Star low-post bigs.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I'm glad it took him a third of the season to realize "Oh wait, Felicio is good and should be closing out games over Porter"

A thing he did last season but forgot for some reason

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Tae posted:

I'm glad it took him a third of the season to realize "Oh wait, Felicio is good and should be closing out games over Porter"

A thing he did last season but forgot for some reason
You mean Portis, not Porter, right?

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Why hasn't McBuckets been handed the keys to the offense yet is what I want to know

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
You know who would improve the Bulls? Jimmer.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

chunkles posted:

say what you will about mcdermott, he is a better nba player than jimmer fredette

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Crazy Ted posted:

Beaten like hell but it's loving incredible that the Bulls hired Fred Hoiberg to run an up-tempo, perimeter-oriented offense and then gave him players like Rajon Rondo, Dwyane Wade, and Michael Carter-Williams to run it.

This might be a bigger mismatch between coaching philosophy and talent than Mike D'Antoni being hired to run a Lakers team featuring two All-Star low-post bigs.

Well, they hired D'Antoni to run a pick and roll based offense with bigs who were theoretically great at it. Except they weren't and Nash died

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I think D'Antoni would've been a little better if he had full control of who gets minutes, because it was pretty obvious he was under mandate to start Dwight as much as possible, when Pau's pretty much everything he wants out of a center.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

chunkles posted:

Sources have informed me that once he's healed up, Lance Stephenson has an open invite to join the two alphas as a third alpha.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Tae posted:

I think D'Antoni would've been a little better if he had full control of who gets minutes, because it was pretty obvious he was under mandate to start Dwight as much as possible, when Pau's pretty much everything he wants out of a center.
Well that was the biggest problem: with the D'Antoni offense he could have either Howard or Gasol on the floor, but not both. Nash's back giving out certainly didn't help but having a system where Pau Gasol and Dwight Howard really couldn't co-exist without killing efficiency was a disaster.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
Giannis is hitting pull up buzzer beaters cancel the league
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNohcUpZGlw

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

EvanTH posted:

Giannis is hitting pull up buzzer beaters cancel the league
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNohcUpZGlw
Given the laws of the average foreign project big man, it's amazing that Giannis is even close to the player that he is now.

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Happy New Year to the best thread on the internet 👍

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Lol bulls

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
https://twitter.com/aa000g9/status/815373125567160321

Tag yourself im Deyonta Davis and my houdoun mindset has me scared of cameras

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
the clippers are really really bad without blake and paul. in other news russ with the first half triple double

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
🤔

Before you put on your top hat and tails for the big nye gala at the met, remember to strap on your d-band

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Dejan Bimble posted:

🤔

Before you put on your top hat and tails for the big nye gala at the met, remember to strap on your d-band
What the hell's going on with Eddy Curry's.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

EvanTH posted:

heyyy that video has the rich LA freak who's courtside at every game courtside. Dude with the long white hair and the stupid clothes who looks like a scarecrow. What the heck is his name? I read an article on him once. It didn't seem very interesting.

jimmy goldstein

AggressivelyStupid posted:

Sources have informed me that once he's healed up, Lance Stephenson has an open invite to join the two alphas as a third alpha.

lance stephenson becoming one of three alphas is all i want out of the nba right now

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

Space Camp fuckup posted:

Happy New Year to the best thread on the internet 👍

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

have they thought about making mark wahlberg the honorary third alpha since rondo is out and mcdermott isnt good

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

NickRoweFillea posted:

https://twitter.com/aa000g9/status/815373125567160321

Tag yourself im Deyonta Davis and my houdoun mindset has me scared of cameras

Strange their only white player is missing.

edit

oh no wait there he is sorry

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

I didn't recognize him without the crutches either

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK
A very close game for the Hornets! This season is already very promising!

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

We need a year in review for all of the incredible poo poo that happened in 2016, so I made one. Because there really was a lot of incredible poo poo that happened in 2016.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Crazy Ted posted:

We need a year in review for all of the incredible poo poo that happened in 2016, so I made one. Because there really was a lot of incredible poo poo that happened in 2016.

1. Steph Curry first ever unanimous MVP.
2. Steph Curry-led Warriors blew a 3-1 lead in the NBA Finals.
3. Some other stuff.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Shear Modulus posted:

jimmy goldstein

lance stephenson becoming one of three alphas is all i want out of the nba right now

Pretty crazy Lance blew on LeBron's face and started being talked up as a star briefly, lol.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Spacebump posted:

Pretty crazy Lance blew on LeBron's face and started being talked up as a star briefly, lol.
Up near the top, got sent down on a hard fall. So, karmic retribution for what he did to his girlfriend then.

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..

Henchman of Santa posted:

I always laugh at Isaiah short jokes until I remember he's four inches taller than me. The amazing thing about basketball is that we call guys like him and AI "diminutive" when they're really average sized men.

lol not sure why you would openly admit to being a midget

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

Noctone posted:

at least me and henchman are still taller than charles barkley

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Reminder that not only did Muggsy Bogues somehow have a decade-long NBA career, but he was also a lottery pick.

Think about that for a moment: a 5'3" NBA Draft lottery pick

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/KCJHoop/status/815388930271051776

Just need Hoiberg to wander in and have everyone get fired at once.

https://twitter.com/vgoodwill/status/815392858056359936

Rondo is totally gonna assassinate Gar Forman tonight.

Dexo fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Jan 1, 2017

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Noctone posted:

You have to own it like Earl Boykins, who is my height

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
https://twitter.com/KCJHoop/status/815394743215648768

The alphaest of them all

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
james harden is a good basketball player

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Dejan Bimble posted:

🤔

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Crazy Ted posted:

Reminder that not only did Muggsy Bogues somehow have a decade-long NBA career, but he was also a lottery pick.

Think about that for a moment: a 5'3" NBA Draft lottery pick

Idk if he's still involved but a year or two ago he was a Hornets ambassador so he and MJ are at least kind of cool after the "shoot it you ducking midget" incident. Or at least I like to think so.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

Metapod posted:

james harden is a good basketball player

the real three alphas: russell westbrook, james harden, and malcolm brogdon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs