Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
I really hope that Doctopus will become a part of the main crew. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jetamo
Nov 8, 2012

alright.

alright, mate.

Lt. Lizard posted:

I really hope that Doctopus will become a part of the main crew. :allears:

The Doctopus is so shocked at this turn of events!

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I'm pretty sure those are the same crazy eyes Cody got during hitball when he was going nova.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
If you break your arm, you'll be in pain for months. So Max is going to have to keep the doctopus for a while. Given the flow of time in this comic, a couple months of in-comic time should take about a century in real world time, so I do expect the doctopus to remain a permanent fixture for the rest of the comic's run.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
max should ditch the scrap dragon and make the doctopus his spirit imo

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Cat Mattress posted:

If you break your arm, you'll be in pain for months. So Max is going to have to keep the doctopus for a while. Given the flow of time in this comic, a couple months of in-comic time should take about a century in real world time, so I do expect the doctopus to remain a permanent fixture for the rest of the comic's run.

eh, theres already a spirit doctor, im sure she got some gunk that spirit heals bones.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Cat Mattress posted:

does the doctopus actually heal faster, or is it just a fancy painkiller? I can't remember

in either case I think this is more of a temporary measure to keep Max on his feet and going while they hunt down hijack + deal with schoolyard shenanigans. Once things calm down he'll probably see Zarei or maybe just go to an actual hospital and then deal with it normally. Maybe some timeskips if Zack really doesn't want Max in a cast for the rest of the comic (see: Poppy O'possum for a how-to)

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

The doctopus just eats pain, it doesn't heal.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Thankfully, I'm pretty sure it's just a really bad fracture. Still awful, but slightly less so than his bones being split into pieces.

Nick_326
Nov 3, 2011

History's Latest Monster

Dolash posted:

Gee Jeff! How come your friends let you have two gundams?

http://www.paranatural.net/cast

Jeff's entry posted:

Some nerd in Max's class. Hopes to someday pilot two gundams

That was a neat little callback.

Also, it's now officially been two years since this chapter started.

Carlioo
Dec 26, 2012

:krakentoot:

Nick_326 posted:

Also, it's now officially been two years since this chapter started.

Well, that's webcomics for ya. Although I'm only really reading this for the artstyle, which is really good, since I've really lost almost all interest in the story. I get the feeling that Zack want to be as manga-esque as possible with Paranatural, but when things are just dragging on like they currently are, I really find it hard to care about what's gonna happen next.

But again, art is good so who cares really lol.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
I love the start-of-chapter orb things but other than that the chapter delineation is pretty meaningless and I wish people in general would dwell less on it

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
My god, this comic has been going for nearly five and a half years and still isn't done? Truly Zack is a hack.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
How many in game days have actually happened? Its not even a week I'm pretty sure

Maduo
Sep 8, 2006

You see all the colors.
All of them.

flatluigi posted:

I love the start-of-chapter orb things but other than that the chapter delineation is pretty meaningless and I wish people in general would dwell less on it

Counterpoint: I want the chapter delineation to be better so we get more cool orbs.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Carlioo posted:

Well, that's webcomics for ya. Although I'm only really reading this for the artstyle, which is really good, since I've really lost almost all interest in the story. I get the feeling that Zack wants to be as manga-esque as possible with Paranatural, and when things are just dragging on like they currently are, it just proves he's succeeding at that in every way.

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics

pik_d posted:

How many in game days have actually happened? Its not even a week I'm pretty sure

Three, I think.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

pik_d posted:

Paranatural is no game, son.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

PleasingFungus posted:

Paranatural is no game, son.

:negative: I have no idea why I said that

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Violet seems a mite peeved about the whole Student Council business! And apparently since Cody is on the Student Council, the mystery of the President's identity extends to their own council-members!

While I like the secondary student characters I've still got to wonder how relevant their politics and mysteries will be. It's hard to know where to draw the line of what to care about with some of the signals getting thrown around, like the twelve black saint generals joke from the last page suggesting the student council stuff is just a joke but Cody's rationalization and Violet's reaction were played straight. Maybe it'll turn out spirits or ghosts are behind the council being weird and they'll tie into the main plot that way, providing an example of how Spirit Stuff can leak into the regular world and affect non-Spectrals, but otherwise it's a bit of a digression.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I have ten stars on the president being Lisa. Double con.

Nerdietalk
Dec 23, 2014

Honestly, I'm betting endgame is to get the whole school in the Club.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

nerdman42 posted:

Honestly, I'm betting endgame is to get the whole school in the Club.

Except for Suzy.

Dalris Othaine
Oct 14, 2013

I think, therefore I am inevitable.

Dolash posted:

While I like the secondary student characters I've still got to wonder how relevant their politics and mysteries will be. It's hard to know where to draw the line of what to care about with some of the signals getting thrown around, like the twelve black saint generals joke from the last page suggesting the student council stuff is just a joke but Cody's rationalization and Violet's reaction were played straight. Maybe it'll turn out spirits or ghosts are behind the council being weird and they'll tie into the main plot that way, providing an example of how Spirit Stuff can leak into the regular world and affect non-Spectrals, but otherwise it's a bit of a digression.

This, basically. didn't this comic used to be about weird ghost people? :confused:

Dalris Othaine fucked around with this message at 12:10 on Jan 2, 2017

Yak of Wrath
Feb 24, 2011

Keeping It Together

Dalris Othaine posted:

This, basically. didn't this comic used to be about weird ghost people? :confused:

Nah it has always been about wacky faces and great shirt ideas.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Ghosts have always taken a back seat to the character interactions.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

MikeJF posted:

I have ten stars on the president being Lisa. Double con.

The president is Max, and the last chapter is gonna be real fuckin weird

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

Where am I?
The School Store.
What do you want?
Starchman Stars.
Whose side are you on?
That would be telling. We want stars…stars…stars.
You won't get them.
By hook or by crook, we will.
Who are you?
The new Student Council Member.
Who is the President?
You are an anime.
I am not an anime! I am a free man!

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

We are already in the last chapter. We will never leave this chapter.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
What if the last chapter... is the first chapter??? :tinfoil:

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Say WHAT?! You KNOW that post is wack, homie!

PMush Perfect posted:

What if the last chapter... is the first chapter??? :tinfoil:

Imagine four animes on a cliff...

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

Zeeman posted:

Imagine four animes on a cliff...

Say a reference of the first anime is sent to the back of the line, replacing the final anime. The formerly first anime is now a reference of the second, the second a reference of a reference, the third once more, and the fourth anime unable to retain its own form collapses into a parody of itself, mindlessly using anime cliches, having reached peak anime.

Webcomics work the same way.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Wrist Watch posted:

Say a reference of the first anime is sent to the back of the line, replacing the final anime. The formerly first anime is now a reference of the second, the second a reference of a reference, the third once more, and the fourth anime unable to retain its own form collapses into a parody of itself, mindlessly using anime cliches, having reached peak anime.

Webcomics work the same way.

This is a terrible Zybourne Clock reference, on account of how it actually makes some kind of sense.

smug n stuff
Jul 21, 2016

A Hobbit's Adventure
Update!
I like Violet, she seems cool

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Poor Colin

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

She's paying a lot of stars for someone who doesn't pay.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Mystic Mongol posted:

She's paying a lot of stars for someone who doesn't pay.
She doesn't pay for drinks, but glass rental ain't cheap.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

She is not charged for drinking the drinks that she paid for.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Huh. Nice...foreshadowing, I guess?

(Also, look at that difference.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
poo poo talking aside yeah, old paranatural consistently had backgrounds instead of pastel gradients and the occasional scene establishing splash page

I also prefer the older, more amateur looking art but I that's just my opinion