Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Weekend Rocket doesnt seem so bad. Weekday though... eeesh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

flosofl posted:

I think the intent was for him to be grabbing her and diving away.

But that means Rocket tried to shoot MJ because Spider-Man didn't know his name.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

Payndz posted:

So Rocket is a psychopath who shoots people for not knowing his name? Clearly the good guy.

Totally in character.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Otherkinsey Scale posted:

But that means Rocket tried to shoot MJ because Spider-Man didn't know his name.

Have we considered that Ronan may be totally justified in wanting to apply the Hammer of Sweet Rehabilitation here?

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

flosofl posted:

Have we considered that Ronan may be totally justified in wanting to apply the Hammer of Sweet Rehabilitation here?

This strip will just forget about Ronan now, and will focus on Rocket going on a mall shooting spree.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

enigmahfc posted:

This strip will just forget about Ronan now, and will focus on Rocket going on a mall shooting spree.

That would be the best thing ever.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
off-panel, ronan finds the missing sentry and then takes it home. aside from busting up a diner, he was being a responsible member of his race and cleaning up a stray kree giant murder robot.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

It's a space racoon

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Rocket makes a compelling argument in that final panel, I must admit.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Whoever predicted that the gun would be constantly off-model, good call. I bet that's the last we see of it until he uses it (produced from nowhere) to take out the big bad at the end of the arc. since it's obviously giving the artist fits.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Scaramouche posted:

Whoever predicted that the gun would be constantly off-model, good call

Consistency is not newspaper Spider-Man's strong suit

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Do it! Get into a fistfight with a raccoon!

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Cue spidey getting punched in the face.

Also big talk from a guy who tried to blast an unarmed man in bright pajamas.

Ikasuhito fucked around with this message at 10:00 on Dec 31, 2016

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
The secret weapon is Groot

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Synthbuttrange posted:

Do it! Get into a fistfight with a raccoon!

And he's losing! :lol:

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Jerusalem posted:

And he's losing! :lol:

tbf, he was a coyote on the second panel.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
but he's not wearing boots?

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

So does Newspaper Spider-Man just not have a Spider-Sense, or what? I can't remember the last time he actually dodged a fist/brick/other object heading for his face.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Yvonmukluk posted:

So does Newspaper Spider-Man just not have a Spider-Sense, or what? I can't remember the last time he actually dodged a fist/brick/other object heading for his face.

He does, it just works exactly opposite to how you'd expect. Something happening on the other side of the city that he should investigate? Spider sense. The paper he's looking for is in this desk drawer? Spider sense. J Jonah Jameson says something negative about him behind his back? Spider sense. A blunt object is heading directly for his head? Nope, no warning for that one.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
Basically his spider-sense has a mind of its own, and it loves seeing him get hurt.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Already 2017 is off to an amazing start.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
I just noticed that the credit box features different artists (plural) for the weekend editions. God drat, those extra six tiny panels are so packed with detail they require a entire second art team!

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Payndz posted:

I just noticed that the credit box features different artists (plural) for the weekend editions. God drat, those extra six tiny panels are so packed with detail they require a entire second art team!

Lee cuts out Lieber completely on the Sunday strips but it is widely speculated that Stan hasn't done anything with the strip since the 80s and the entire creative force is Lieber.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

David D. Davidson posted:

Basically his spider-sense has a mind of its own, and it loves seeing him get hurt.

His Spider-Sense knows what the readers of the strip want! :)

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Payndz posted:

The weekend strips are usually way better drawn and have less inconsistencies than the weekday ones.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Sad news is that tommorow will likely be a recap strip. The good news is that we might get to see spidey get kicked in the head and dropped on his rear end again.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

MJ peekin a peep.

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010
Not the shins!!!

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Shattering your shoulder against the enemy is a pro space fighting move.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
rocket has the proportionate strength and speed of a racoon. peter just can't stand up to that!

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Synthbuttrange posted:

MJ peekin a peep.

MJ's decapitated head sitting on that rock is a little grim for newspaper Spider-Man.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

I love that Rocket isn't executing any kind of shoulder charge or directed strike and is just launching his entire body plank-wise at Spider-Man.

Opposing Farce
Apr 1, 2010

Ever since our drop-off service, I never read a book.
There's always something else around, plus I owe the library nineteen bucks.

Android Blues posted:

I love that Rocket isn't executing any kind of shoulder charge or directed strike and is just launching his entire body plank-wise at Spider-Man.

it's this thing all the hip space teens are into nowadays where you pretend to be a plank, we don't have it here on earth

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Rocket's going to beat three shades of poo poo out of Ronan entirely on his own, isn't he?

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"There is no God! Right, Mama?"

"True."

Please let the reveal be that spidey took peyote in the desert, ripped open a random trash can, and started fighting a feral raccoon.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Cabbit posted:

Rocket's going to beat three shades of poo poo out of Ronan entirely on his own, isn't he?

if god is just and loving, yes

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

Cabbit posted:

Given that the alternative is Newspaper Spider-Man actually doing something useful, this is by far the most likely outcome.

ZDar Fan
Oct 15, 2012

graham cracker posted:

Please let the reveal be that spidey took peyote in the desert, ripped open a random trash can, and started fighting a feral raccoon.

Tatum Girlparts posted:

if god is just and loving, yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

No SHRRRPTTT this time!

• Locked thread