Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
Ok IGD folks. New tank raid. P2 damage starts at 8 am tomorrow morning pacific time. Free for all on P1 until it's done.

Also there will be a rancor shortly as well, damage for that also starts at 8 am.

Edit: looks like I hosed up and started a heroic tank. So I guess test your teams. Sorry about that folks.

Davethulhu fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Jan 1, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Cactus posted:

Is anyone else not getting the daily login screen or is it just me?

30 daily rewards, 31 days. Enjoy your day of nothing...

ZenVulgarity posted:

Good lord how much money did some of these people spend

From people at the top, I've heard somewhere in the range of a nice car.

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

I can make all your dreams come true.
Happy New Year

Server reset got me the last shard to 7* Ewok Scout.

I've put more time into this than anything else in this game. Now I need to finish B2 so I can get Chirpa and get that Ewok team off the ground.

Cheers.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

WerrWaaa posted:

Happy New Year

Server reset got me the last shard to 7* Ewok Scout.

I've put more time into this than anything else in this game. Now I need to finish B2 so I can get Chirpa and get that Ewok team off the ground.

Cheers.

Lol you too.

I got ES to 7* quite some time ago, maybe over the summer, but then new content was released and he has remained around level 50. I still want him, he would be a welcome addition to P1 in both raids, and would increase my auto damage in Rancor. Higher priorities though.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Malgrin posted:

30 daily rewards, 31 days. Enjoy your day of nothing...

From people at the top, I've heard somewhere in the range of a nice car.

Lol what the gently caress

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy
When I was playing Marvel puzzle quest, there were at least 2 people who spent an estimated 6 figures on the game.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

ZenVulgarity posted:

Good lord how much money did some of these people spend

oh... fyi, don't spend money on shard packs in this game. It's a total waste.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

Chilichimp posted:

oh... fyi, don't spend money on shard packs in this game. It's a total waste.

I don't want to spend any money

rocket_Magnet
Apr 5, 2005

:unsmith:
Anyone know if holding off in the squad tournaments works? The tie advanced one started about an hour ago but I'm wondering if holding off till maybe 4 hours remain would give me an easier shard. I've got 250k AP saved for this tournament I desperately want that tie.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

ZenVulgarity posted:

I don't want to spend any money

there are arguments to be made for spending some money on crystals to ensure you're going the 4 cheapest refreshes/day.

But yeah, avoid spending money on gambling shard packs.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
How do ya'll mod Teebo for P1 Rancor? Speed/potency?

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

I have 200k Ally points and I want the Tie Advanced. When should I join the tournament?

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

rocket_Magnet posted:

Anyone know if holding off in the squad tournaments works? The tie advanced one started about an hour ago but I'm wondering if holding off till maybe 4 hours remain would give me an easier shard. I've got 250k AP saved for this tournament I desperately want that tie.

iGestalt posted:

I have 200k Ally points and I want the Tie Advanced. When should I join the tournament?

I think it's good to wait at least a few hours. For Jyn's tournament, I waited about 6 hours and I was not on the worst shard. I accomplished top 100 with roughly 100k AP. Unfortunately, to unlock vader from 0, you need top 25. Also, after you enter the tournament, wait a few hours to attack. You will get easier targets to attack for longer.

Chilichimp posted:

How do ya'll mod Teebo for P1 Rancor? Speed/potency?

I run TFP now, so I mod teebo for speed. Damage is cool too, but if you have TFP, you don't need potency anymore. Phasma is also highly recommended so that you can guarantee a TFP crit. I also mod TFP for cc when doing this...my best run is something like 7 million, came close to P4.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Malgrin posted:

I run TFP now, so I mod teebo for speed. Damage is cool too, but if you have TFP, you don't need potency anymore. Phasma is also highly recommended so that you can guarantee a TFP crit. I also mod TFP for cc when doing this...my best run is something like 7 million, came close to P4.

I find that the dipshit still resists an unusually high amount of the time combined with my last runs annoying RNG on Teebo not auto-stealthing and only staying stealthed 1 turn when he did.

I'll work on a cheepo 1* speed set with speed on the arrow and potency on the cross. That should hold me over until I can loving 5* the actual speed challenge.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Malgrin posted:

I think it's good to wait at least a few hours. For Jyn's tournament, I waited about 6 hours and I was not on the worst shard. I accomplished top 100 with roughly 100k AP. Unfortunately, to unlock vader from 0, you need top 25. Also, after you enter the tournament, wait a few hours to attack. You will get easier targets to attack for longer.

Lovely, thank you. I got.. 25? Shards from the last tournament. But I'm going for break! Gonna get me a Vader Car.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
Hey, for non-Americans who didn't get their daily login reward, try restarting the client. Word is that it's fixed.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Davethulhu posted:

Hey, for non-Americans who didn't get their daily login reward, try restarting the client. Word is that it's fixed.

Can confirm. Woo.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I only have sixtyk ally points, should I not bother with a tournament

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

ZenVulgarity posted:

I only have sixtyk ally points, should I not bother with a tournament

Always enter. I don't know what level you are or how your roster looks, but you should at least get your free fights in, and possibly use a level or two of the cheaper refreshes.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

Ugh , how far would twenty dollar pack of crystals get me long term

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

ZenVulgarity posted:

Honestly? Nowhere. This game isn't worth spending money on if you don't spend $200 the day you join, or several thousand. Honestly, just spending $50 or whatever on the Jewish bundle on day 1 will get you further than spending $200 6 months in. If you get 51st to 100th for 6 months, vs average of 3rd for 6 months, you're looking at ~50,000 crystal difference (300/day). By spending $150 on crystals for energy, and $50 on the Jedi pack, I think you could accomplish that difference. By getting more crystals early from arena, you are able to continue getting more crystals and forever stay ahead without spending absurd amounts of money.

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Has this been done before?
Soiled Meat

Malgrin posted:

just spending $50 or whatever on the Jewish bundle

Which bundle is this, I haven't seen it in the shop yet?

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

Malgrin posted:

Honestly? Nowhere. This game isn't worth spending money on if you don't spend $200 the day you join, or several thousand. Honestly, just spending $50 or whatever on the Jewish bundle on day 1 will get you further than spending $200 6 months in. If you get 51st to 100th for 6 months, vs average of 3rd for 6 months, you're looking at ~50,000 crystal difference (300/day). By spending $150 on crystals for energy, and $50 on the Jedi pack, I think you could accomplish that difference. By getting more crystals early from arena, you are able to continue getting more crystals and forever stay ahead without spending absurd amounts of money.

I didn't realize there was a Jewish bundle 🇮🇱🇮🇱

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

ZenVulgarity posted:

If you are diligent and only use it on refreshes, it will last you more than a month.

More value in the 21 day crystal sub, though, and it ensures you don't make an impulse purchase.

2 energy refreshes and 2 cantina refreshes/day helps you progress appreciably. This is a game of fuckin' patience, and everything takes a long time.

Numismancer
Sep 15, 2004

by sebmojo

rocket_Magnet posted:

Sent you an ally invite, ever stuck on a node? Borrow one of my characters :)

This has been extremely helpful to blast through cantina nodes. Thanks a ton, goons - due to your help I pretty much throw seven stars at anything Hard Mode or Cantina that gives my dudes trouble and voila.

Babby Mittens Squad report:

Running QGJ, Talia, GS, RG and JC as my arena squad. Wondering who I should replace with STH when he unlocks, I've been happily in the 25-50 arena bracket since I began - Talia? I don't have any good leader abilities currently. https://swgoh.gg/u/numismancer/

Numismancer fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Jan 2, 2017

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
I'd shitcan Talia. She is just all around awful and you'll still have a heal using jc.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

Chilichimp posted:

If you are diligent and only use it on refreshes, it will last you more than a month.

More value in the 21 day crystal sub, though, and it ensures you don't make an impulse purchase.

2 energy refreshes and 2 cantina refreshes/day helps you progress appreciably. This is a game of fuckin' patience, and everything takes a long time.

Basically doesn't seem worth it and just deal with the whales creeping past me on arena

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

How can you beat a man who has already lost by paying for Slave 1? He has lost to himself. A shameful ship.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

General Probe posted:

Which bundle is this, I haven't seen it in the shop yet?

Lol, got a phone recently and the autocorrect is pretty awful

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Got to rank 148 in the tournament and I have no choice but to fight complete P2W teams. Fully speed modded Sun Fac death squads and poo poo. A few are 50k+ squad power. This is such absurd bullshit..

Still got 100k Ally points to go through and I just need to get into the prize tier below 100 to unlock the stupid poo poo (I have 20 from past tournament). Maybe I can do it? I need to get speed mods..

Oh, wait no I spend 3 minutes beating one P2W squad and go back up to 170.

gently caress sake.

Edit: People are just cheating, I guess. Battles are client side and a quick look online showed how easy it is to set values to 0 to one-shot entire teams. Makes this whole thing so utterly pointless. Since you can run this on an Android Emulator, it's very easy to just CheatEngine it.

Why can't this be a "Climb the ladder, you can only go up, not down" thing? Instead of some ridiculous competition, make it a fun ladder climb.

iGestalt fucked around with this message at 12:33 on Jan 2, 2017

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
Forget Chirpatine, there is a new P3 master in town:

quote:

Started around 20% in p2. Zeta lead on maul and on battle meditation. I don't think the battle meditation zeta is required.

The rest of the team died during the first round of enraged. Then it required manual control to get to 300kHP and that was when I felt maul was able to go auto.

It ran on auto for 35 minutes before I gave up. Given enough time he may be able to solo a few phases.

Mr. Neutron fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Jan 2, 2017

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Ended at rank 112. Needed another 150k~ AP to get the ship, oh well. At least I can get it next time, assuming I place around the same level.

On the bright side, I've almost got a working Droid Squad ready.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I'm very tempted to make another account on an Android emulator and just cheat

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

ZenVulgarity posted:

I'm very tempted to make another account on an Android emulator and just cheat

It apparently works.

You can't take top spot in tourneys without probably 5+ real squads, yet somehow this dude has done well enough to take top spot in at least the last 2 tournaments with almost nothing of consequence outside of a rebel squad, and he's reportedly rank 4 in the current tournament.

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Jan 2, 2017

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Chilichimp posted:

It apparently works.

You can't take top spot in tourneys without probably 5+ real squads, yet somehow this dude has done well enough to take top spot in at least the last 2 tournaments with almost nothing of consequence outside of a rebel squad, and he's reportedly rank 4 in the current tournament.

Amazing. You'd think Capital would at least try to investigate this kind of stuff since they continue to have an extreme love of these lovely tournaments.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Chilichimp posted:

It apparently works.

Supposedly you can report them to CG_Lucifers_daddy on the official forums, but I've only heard of one confirmed report where CG handed out rewards like they should've been. I'm going to try to convince TI people not to spend money until this is fixed for tournaments.

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Jan 2, 2017

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Malgrin posted:

CG_Lucifers_daddy

What a name.

Malgrin posted:

I'm going to try to convince TI people not to spend money until this is fixed for tournaments.

That'd be a pretty cool thing to do! Would be nice to have a bit of a protest.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

iGestalt posted:

What a name.

That'd be a pretty cool thing to do! Would be nice to have a bit of a protest.

I guess there's only one underscore in his name.

They've done it in the past. It seems to be the only real way to enact change, but they don't like doing it because they're whales. Also, the more often they do it, the less effective it is as a form of protest.

The whole reason I got on here was to talk tournaments. I entered around 10 PM Pacific time, waited until about 1 to send in a few attacks, and then started attacking again around 9:30. I'm now at 2,396 points (rank 512), having run my bottom team up to 1k and I'm starting on my second bad team, and still able to refresh people I can attack. Here are my squads, from weakest to strongest-ish.

W1: CC, Teebo, EE, JC, GS
W2: AA, Leia, Poe, Lumi, Fives
W3: Phasma, FOTP, Daka, Rey, QGJ
M: JKA, Barriss, Boba, Yoda, Fives
S3: HK, 88, 86, K2, JE
S2: Wiggs, Lando, STH, Boba
S1: EP, Vader, TFP, RG, Shore

Right now I've got W2 and S3 modded, and looking for teams that W2 can't beat. Once I run out of those, I'll move on to S3, then S2, then S1, running each team until it can't win flawlessly or near flawlessly. I'm pretty sure my S1 will be able to beat any team comp out there, but I may need to sub Boba and/or EE in for a few team comps. Once I make it to the top, I should be able to start hitting lower teams and eventually start using my W3 and M (I'm fairly uncreative -- I called this team middle).

e: Side note, I'd really recommend always keeping a super weak team modded (e.g. dudes I don't have listed here), even if it's like level 80 dudes. You never know when you're going to run into a 25k power team that you can just crush for free

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Jan 2, 2017

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
Yeah I was able to kill a surprising number of teams at the start with my good old Nighsisters :)

I entered yesterday evening at rank 900. Started playing 2 hours before the end today at rank 4500, ended at rank 47 with 110k ish AP spent. Not too bad I think, top 100 was all I needed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
I entered last night around 9 pacific, but didn't fight my first battle until this morning. I started at rank ~4500, and got above 100 before I had to start using my arena team. I'm around 30 now with 180k currency. With my finish last time, I'm assured of unlocking vader tie, but the higher I finish the easier it'll be to get it to 5* next time around. I'd have to finish top 10 to get it 5* this time, which is probably not going to happen.