Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Metapod posted:

james harden is a good basketball player

https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen/status/815398471406669824

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:
Russel Westbrook has the weakest triple doubles.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

e: oops wrong thread

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

On a Segababa no less.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Crazy Ted posted:

We need a year in review for all of the incredible poo poo that happened in 2016, so I made one. Because there really was a lot of incredible poo poo that happened in 2016.

looking forward to this

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
Kyle no longer chubby Lowry
DeMar you shouldn't be that good according to my analytics Derozen
Lebron GOAT James
Giannis holy crap he just keeps getting better Attenkupopopolis
Joel the reason social media was invented Embiid

James you are so much more fun now that your game isn't just drawing cheap fouls Harden
Steph go ahead and shoot from midcourt why the hell not Curry
Kevin I'm not shook you're shook Durant
Kawhi i'm so bored Leonard
Anthony I will never play for a winner Davis

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

"We're not laughing with you, we're laughing at you"

Happy new year thread!may your feet never wear chef currys, and may your balls never lie.

3peat
May 6, 2010

Giannis is the best player in the NBA.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
James Harden is putting up Numbers I can only do on like Pro or Rookie in 2K

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt

chunkles posted:

Mike D'Antoni's dad is 103 years old today, that's pretty crazy.

He lives in my hometown. Still refuses to let anyone else cut his grass and is bummed he had to quit golfing at 93.

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:

Redgrendel2001 posted:

On a Segababa no less.

I'm under the impression that segababa typically increases offense because guys try less on defense. Knicks were on it too. I did took a pretty rudimentary look at it though, I'm sure it's been dissected better.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Random question and probably a stupid one but when a player throws an alley oop off the backboard is that a miss and rebound or is it an assist?

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Dexo posted:

James Harden is putting up Numbers I can only do on like Pro or Rookie in 2K

You liar, no CPU on any difficulty level is competent enough to get you more than 8 assists a game

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
https://twitter.com/MarkDeeksNBA/status/815435410834866177

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Doltos posted:

You liar, no CPU on any difficulty level is competent enough to get you more than 8 assists a game

Abuse pick and roll with bigs easy 10 assists

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

:wtc: harden

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Happy New Year you cool guys go Grizzlies Go Memphis

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

TBeats posted:

Random question and probably a stupid one but when a player throws an alley oop off the backboard is that a miss and rebound or is it an assist?

Assist if there's intent to pass.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
A New Years resolution I have is to understand advanced stats at a oderate level

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen/status/815378965565243392?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
They'd probably lose to Lebron in the finals in 5

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Doltos posted:

I can average over 40 with 12 minute quarters on my paint protector. Just have Justice Young pass you the ball so you can pass it back to him so he can shoot it.

Also, happy new year everyone.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Shear Modulus posted:

jimmy goldstein

I was five rows behind him on Tuesday and like the cavalcade of old rich white guys talking to him was something else.

I was next to one of the soldiers they honored during halftime (think her picture is up on the Lakers twitter today) and she was really cool.

Tae posted:

I think D'Antoni would've been a little better if he had full control of who gets minutes, because it was pretty obvious he was under mandate to start Dwight as much as possible, when Pau's pretty much everything he wants out of a center.

Well, no one told him to play Earl Clark instead of Pau Gasol, either. And he probably should've not rode Kobe so hard, but you can almost understand that.

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

I saw his line and burst out laughing. Happy New Year, you ridiculously good basketball player.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
Malcolm Brogdon had a triple double last night in his second game as a starter. Giannis was 3 steals away from a 5x5 (7 blocks!). Oh if only they could play the Bulls every game. Bucks run an obsolete defensive system that allows for a poo poo ton of threes but obviously the Bulls can't exploit that.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

im so hungover but that james harden video crazy ted posted in the other thread is giving me life

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Dexo posted:

https://twitter.com/KCJHoop/status/815388930271051776

Just need Hoiberg to wander in and have everyone get fired at once.

https://twitter.com/vgoodwill/status/815392858056359936

Rondo is totally gonna assassinate Gar Forman tonight.

who could have seen this coming

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Chicago Bulls - 87
Eric Gordon - 75

Guess that depressing Bulls Statistic for December?

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Dexo posted:

Chicago Bulls - 87
Eric Gordon - 75

Guess that depressing Bulls Statistic for December?
Made threes

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Ding ding ding ding. As a prize you are entered into a sweepstakes to be the Bulls new Point Guard. All you need to do is hit 1 three point shot out of 50 attempts.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK
Happy new year to all my fellow D-Band wearers out there posting about God's own sport

ragle
Nov 1, 2009
this will end well
https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/815615813289996288

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Last night Giannis took one dribble at half court and still dunked it.

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

straight up brolic posted:

im so hungover but that james harden video crazy ted posted in the other thread is giving me life

I browse off bookmarks mostly so I would have missed the thread if you hadn't posted this! Thanks basketball for being great, hopefully 2017 can keep pace

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

"We're not laughing with you, we're laughing at you"

Giannis vs Wiggins was incredible and those two are going to be great for the next 10 years.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

ChainsawCharlie posted:

Giannis vs Wiggins was incredible and those two are going to be great for the next 10 years.

Ive been binging FreeDawkins highlights today and man, Giannis moves like he is a 6'4" pg. But hes huge.
Also the Warriors Cavs christmas game was ridiculous.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

euphronius posted:

Ive been binging FreeDawkins highlights today and man, Giannis moves like he is a 6'4" pg. But hes huge.
Also the Warriors Cavs christmas game was ridiculous.

Our very own brolic wrote a great article about it that I'd link if I could find. But he makes Harden esque dribble moves but with the stride of a living wicker man. It's not fair to the other boys

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Tae posted:

I think D'Antoni would've been a little better if he had full control of who gets minutes, because it was pretty obvious he was under mandate to start Dwight as much as possible, when Pau's pretty much everything he wants out of a center.

What the gently caress are you guys talking about? Have you ever seen a Dantoni team play? Amare-Capela-Harrell-Dwight-Pau...one of these things is not like the others, one of these things is not an athletic pnr big who can run the floor and block shots. Apart from his terrible attitude, bad back, and insistence on posting up, Dwight is the ideal Dantoni big. It's Pau who made no sense there (also Kobe, plus Nash died). Keep in mind that for a couple of years the league's most unstoppable pnr was Hedo Turkoglu and Dwight Howard :pwn:

euphronius posted:

Last night Giannis took one dribble at half court and still dunked it.

I know it wasn't realistic and I was buying the SAS hype at the time (that hilariously came true) but I wanted the magic to take him at #2 so bad. That draft was terrible and he was the only guy who looked like he might, maaaaybe someday be a star.

Penisaurus Sex posted:

He lives in my hometown. Still refuses to let anyone else cut his grass and is bummed he had to quit golfing at 93.

I lived in Houston for a few years as a kid, so I'm very glad Dwight is gone and their coach is from WV and they play the sickest ball now so I can like them again.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
This was many pages and maybe even a different thread ago but did anyone mention Spud Webb as players there will never be another of?

He's got to be at the top of that list

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
It is crazy to see how well he develops through the season. He was garbage from three point range to start the year, and then he shot 36% in December. His hook shot was jerky and a rim bouncer and now it is smooth. No mid range game? He now has a fade away move that looks good and is successful.

Here is the one dribble https://vine.co/v/591PH1L2VEz

• Locked thread