Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
:getin: or :frogout:
This poll is closed.
:boom: 38 17.35%
yes 34 15.53%
no 18 8.22%
maybe 22 10.05%
paging pagancow 40 18.26%
all of the above 24 10.96%
:same: 43 19.63%
Total: 77 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

The body exists only to verify one's own existence.

Taco Defender
happy new year :toot:

ooh. a box from pittsburgh, pa

oh. what is this? did my santa send me something resembling weed and the cbsa didn't seize it? :420:

hello funy person from pittsburgh

holy poo poo. 2 lbs in simcoe hops. this is like good for at least 4 batches assuming i'm doing them at around 20 litres each. i'm probably going to partition them up

time for me to get brushed up on my studies here

score. this fits my flask perfectly

thank you, santa!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

making that book was a pain in the rear end but I thought it would be something dumb and fun. Trying to glue like 1000 pages together is not fun

a friend of ours owns a hop farm with a couple other people and that's literally all he does, grow hops and make beer. obviously they will be similar to other simcoe but they were locally grown small batches so they'll be a bit unique. I've tried some of their stuff in the past is its v good

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4
Good job everybody! We did it! And BRAVO to CrazyLittle for running a tight as hell ship and only needing to pwn 1 bad santa.

Thanks to everybody for participating with aplomb!!

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
but i though yosmas traditionally lasts until mid feburary?

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

Kuvo posted:

but i though yosmas traditionally lasts until mid feburary?

Not on my watch

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
has the bad Santa been named and shamed? also someone pm me the name and address of the disappointed santee I have one more yospos themed item I can send out, I ordered two copies of it and only sent one to farmer crack rear end.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

C.H.O.M.E posted:

has the bad Santa been named and shamed? also someone pm me the name and address of the disappointed santee I have one more yospos themed item I can send out, I ordered two copies of it and only sent one to farmer crack rear end.

He's owned in the banlist.php

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

CERTIFIED PRE OWNED TESLA OWNER
This is my second year in a row of having my santee be a free rider never-poster.

Maybe next year I'll organize things and we'll have 2 tiers of santa. One for vetted confirmed good santas and a higher suggested price, the rest being the minor leagues for future santas.

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

King Diamond posted:

Jumping in last minute.

First year participating, I've been on here over 10 years but have just started oozing out of my lurker den.

I'm into old school computers and old school PC Gaming, I'm a DJ (neurofunk drum & bass), beer, cyberpunk poo poo, retro star wars poo poo, and other general YOSPOS stuff.

T-Shirt is a medium.

Here's my little babe, which I got for my dad on Father's Day. Father included.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)
never heard of him

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

The body exists only to verify one's own existence.

Taco Defender

King Diamond posted:

Jumping in last minute.

First year participating, I've been on here over 10 years but have just started oozing out of my lurker den.

I'm into old school computers and old school PC Gaming, I'm a DJ (neurofunk drum & bass), beer, cyberpunk poo poo, retro star wars poo poo, and other general YOSPOS stuff.

T-Shirt is a medium.

Here's my little babe, which I got for my dad on Father's Day. Father included.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

let this be a lesson to all lurkers

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
I have no idea who that guy is but he sounds lame/bad

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮

ShadowHawk posted:

This is my second year in a row of having my santee be a free rider never-poster.

Maybe next year I'll organize things and we'll have 2 tiers of santa. One for vetted confirmed good santas and a higher suggested price, the rest being the minor leagues for future santas.

I'm deeply sorry for you're lots

CrazyLittle
Sep 11, 2001

Clapping Larry

ShadowHawk posted:

oh so it's all your fault? that explains everything

ShadowHawk posted:

I'll write up a big post about it later but king diamond was kinda the only one and he was an account from 2005 that posted in the pics thread. there wouldn't have been enough for pro-tier and scrub tier. also pretty much all the gifts this year were above average effort sooooo welp.

if you don't feel like waiting you can piece it together yourself. there were two rings this year.

CrazyLittle fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Jan 1, 2017

CrazyLittle
Sep 11, 2001

Clapping Larry

Smythe posted:

He's owned in the banlist.php

maotherfu i failed at banning him. forgot the loving img tags

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
Thanks for putting it together this year CrazyLittle!

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

Thanks for putting it together this year CrazyLittle!

yeah this

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

it was another good year. how is the booze, Fuzzy Mammal?

vodkat
Jun 30, 2012

cannot legally be sold as vodka
I haven't received anything yet, but I think my Santa was waiting until I'd be back home at the start of the new to send it???

If so could one of the elves confirm this, tia.

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord

oh man I forgot to take pictures and to write a letter before I sent it, I rushed everything that day

but it's great that everything came in fine, sorry about the banana smell, I was worried those candies would melt or something so I wrapped it a lot. it seems like it did nothing for the smell lol

yeah these candies are great, I discovered them recently and the passionfruit are the ones that I usually buy. I didn't even remember I sent you banana ones lol. the other one had like a super exotic fruit from the amazon in it that I forgot the name but it was good and also liquor

it's supposed to be a box of local stuff, the phone thing was a brief but weird trend in Brazil inspired by a popular soap opera (or so I heard). you could see people riding the bus answering calls with these gadgets

kinder eggs' toys are super lovely nowadays, sorry if you expected better. I bought one for me and I was severely disappointed. https://mobile.twitter.com/symbolicbutt/status/810571026828509184

trivia: the kinder eggs are made in argentina, meanwhile the kinder chocolate bars are made in brazil. that explains the lack of that blue eyed white boy I guess

the Mercado Municipal is my favorite place in Curitiba, I got a bunch of stuff from there to send you

this gif made my day, my mom bought this guy and she was like "this is most yospos thing" and I was like "hell yeah, I'm so sending one of these"

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

I'll eat your fucking eyeballs if you're not careful

Grimey Drawer
good poo poo everyone a++ yosmas

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

I was scared to send alcohol in the mail

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

Annual Gift Panda posted:

I was scared to send alcohol in the mail

lol

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Symbolic Butt posted:

this gif made my day, my mom bought this guy and she was like "this is most yospos thing" and I was like "hell yeah, I'm so sending one of these"

lol

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

CrazyLittle
Sep 11, 2001

Clapping Larry
here's a map of the two rings for yosmas 2016
http://jsfiddle.net/crazylittle/g00zs5oo/embedded/result/
fiddle of the loops shamelessly forked from nevergirls

we had 42-43 people participate this year. very few were lurkers. there's one ring for people who were willing to ship international, and one ring for usa-only santas. pairs were matched up by hashing each santa's yosmas signup timestamp, username, and real name. special requests got a seeded placement, and then the hashes were sorted past that point.

everyone who participated save for a select few were pretty on-top of their gifts this year fwiw and there's only one santa (King Diamond) that didn't post his gift, nor did he provide proof of shipment. so i doubt his santee Jimmy Carter should be expecting anything late from that guy.

backup santa this year was Just-In-Timberlake who gave bump_fn a chance at late yosmas, who in turn gave me a chance to get in without actually picking my own santa. I already have one gift en route to Jimmy to replace the deadbeat. there's also a group effort for additional bits but I'll leave that as a surprise until those things arrive.

last but not least, optimus_rhyme should be expecting one more bit that his santa gave me a peek at, and it looks pretty cool but shipping would be... impractical. don't give up hope!

CrazyLittle fucked around with this message at 07:42 on Jan 2, 2017

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

CrazyLittle posted:

there's one ring for people who were willing to ship international, and one ring for usa-only santas. pairs were matched up by hashing each santa's yosmas signup timestamp, username, and real name. special requests got a seeded placement, and then the hashes were sorted past that point.

everyone who participated save for a select few were pretty on-top of their gifts this year fwiw and there's only one santa (King Diamond) that didn't post his gift, nor did he provide proof of shipment. so i doubt his santee Jimmy Carter should be expecting anything late from that guy.

backup santa this year was Just-In-Timberlake who gave bump_fn a chance at late yosmas, who in turn gave me a chance to get in without actually picking my own santa. I already have one gift en route to Jimmy to replace the deadbeat. there's also a group effort for additional bits but I'll leave that as a surprise until those things arrive.

last but not least, optimus_rhyme should be expecting one more bit that his santa gave me a peek at, and it looks pretty cool but shipping would be... impractical. don't give up hope!
that is a catte

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

anthonypants posted:

that is a catte

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

it's a nice catte

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
a good catte

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

CrazyLittle posted:

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

vodkat posted:

I haven't received anything yet, but I think my Santa was waiting until I'd be back home at the start of the new to send it???

I looked through my list of PMs and didn't see anything re: russian blues
Maybe cat face joe has some info

CrazyLittle
Sep 11, 2001

Clapping Larry

vodkat posted:

well gently caress

CrazyLittle
Sep 11, 2001

Clapping Larry

vodkat posted:

your santa sent proof of drop shipment, but then had to ask the shipper to hold until you were back. they also wanted to ship a second box but with you out of town with no forwarding address it's not like they could send it without the package getting returned.

I reached out to them to ask for an update.

Optimus_Rhyme
Apr 15, 2007

are you that mainframe hacker guy?

CrazyLittle posted:

we had 42-43 people participate this year. very few were lurkers. there's one ring for people who were willing to ship international, and one ring for usa-only santas. pairs were matched up by hashing each santa's yosmas signup timestamp, username, and real name. special requests got a seeded placement, and then the hashes were sorted past that point.

Dope

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

I looked through my list of PMs and didn't see anything re: russian blues
Maybe cat face joe has some info

just looked through my pms and didn't see anything

vodkat
Jun 30, 2012

cannot legally be sold as vodka

CrazyLittle posted:

your santa sent proof of drop shipment, but then had to ask the shipper to hold until you were back. they also wanted to ship a second box but with you out of town with no forwarding address it's not like they could send it without the package getting returned.

I reached out to them to ask for an update.

Thanks for the update. I realize I was a bit awkward signing up and then forgetting that I wouldn't be here on the key dates so doubly appreciate the effort my santee has gone to.

Jimmy Carter
Nov 3, 2005

THIS MOTHERDUCKER
FLIES IN STYLE
oh man, LaserShip appeared with a gift!

An impressive bag if I may say so myself

I accept this token

:holymoley:

oh man so excited

15W of power here - it even has a bb fan that extracts the 2W of thermal design power from the CPU

:awesome:

oh my god the needless overscan on my dumpster-rear end TV ughhhhhhhhhh

I'm a long-time Mac user so this whole Windows thing is gonna take some serious computing skills
Fun thing I learned while trying to set things up: the processor supports 64-bit, but this stick only supports 32-bit windows. Looks like I can do bideo jame streaming from my Xbox which looks rad.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

it was another good year. how is the booze, Fuzzy Mammal?

I tried it on new years! It is quite sweet tasting, and very full flavoured. I like it a lot, so excellent choice my friend.

CrazyLittle
Sep 11, 2001

Clapping Larry

Jimmy Carter posted:

15W of power here - it even has a bb fan that extracts the 2W of thermal design power from the CPU

youre pee see is broadcasting a Apple Mac address

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

Dang that's one hell of a consolation gift

I want to know how feeble the GPU is, try to install Steam and Kodi and see if it melts

• Locked thread