Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Dunno if it was this thread or the Android gaming one where someone mentioned the lack of sloped tracks for karts, but they added/fixed that in the latest update for RCT Classic

quote:

Version 1.0.3.1612301 includes fixes for:
- Building sloped tracks/curves hill in car rides, karts and coasters
- Scenario completions not being triggered correctly
- Guests walking too fast
- Frozen people in queues

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Daztek posted:

Dunno if it was this thread or the Android gaming one where someone mentioned the lack of sloped tracks for karts, but they added/fixed that in the latest update for RCT Classic

Oh, cool. Will that apply to the GOG PC versions as well?

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
^^^ I would doubt it.

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Oddball question. I play on lower graphics settings and there's a lot of texture flickering with overlapping objects. Is there a setting that I can increase that will eliminate the flickering or do I gotta just place everything correctly? Thanks!

Yeah, mostly it's just going to be placing things perfectly, but due to how the game builds on the grid and is designed to let pieces clip into each other so you can make whatever you want you're going to always have some z-fighting.

TescoBag
Dec 2, 2009

Oh god, not again.

Hey guys,

Is there a way to make less items researched on the lower difficulties on the challenge maps?

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Tarezax posted:

How high up/down can you go? I was thinking about making a park made up of floating islands around a central tower if I ever got this game.

I don't have numbers at the moment, but that seems close to the limit, because I couldn't place down the Radius (only slightly taller) on that island.

Dareon fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Dec 31, 2016

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord

Daztek posted:

Doesnt seem like the update is out for iOS yet. I really want my sloped karts :qq:

Enzenx
Dec 27, 2011

Tarezax posted:

How high up/down can you go? I was thinking about making a park made up of floating islands around a central tower if I ever got this game.

I've seen the numbers +/- 128m thrown around for terrain modifications. Not sure if that is the exact value but it seems close enough from my experience. I have no idea how that ties into ride placement though.

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

I'm surprised it took so long for someone to make this joke.

Le0
Mar 18, 2009

Rotten investigator!
I love Silvarret's stuff, but I think he rushed this one cause it's not very detailed compared to his usual stuff. Still the idea is great, I guess he had support from the devs to do this.
I finally finished my alpine park, what do you guys think? (The imgur gallery is here: http://imgur.com/a/y78t9)

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties
You can buy the game right now on frontierstore.net for GBP 25.49, which is just $30.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Le0 posted:

I love Silvarret's stuff, but I think he rushed this one cause it's not very detailed compared to his usual stuff. Still the idea is great, I guess he had support from the devs to do this.
I finally finished my alpine park, what do you guys think? (The imgur gallery is here: http://imgur.com/a/y78t9)

I really like this! Love your buildings.

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

I'm really digging this screenshot. The lighting looks very nice.

Although I personally wouldn't go on a wooden roller coaster called Broken Back Mountain. I rather value my spine. :v:

The B_36
Jul 10, 2012

Mu. posted:

Here is my current park. I have sunk about 10 hours into it and it so far has 2 rides. GOTY.

TWO whole rides in only 10 hours!? You're working at a blistering pace, my park has at least 15 hours of work put into it, and I've only managed to put down a single ride. This game is dangerous.
Approaching the entrance

The entrance looking out at the water

The lagoon, with a small smugglers dock

The path to the smugglers dock

An ATM on the right inside the flipped over ships hull, and (I think) a drink shop in the skull doored building with a sunken ship on top of it

More shops out on the beach

Maybe eventually I'll actually build a roller coaster in this roller coaster building game...

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
I'm working through Career mode, and I brute-forced Good Gully Miss Molly with a dive coaster that comes in at 5.12 excitement (Goal is over 5), 5.3 nausea (Goal is under 6)... and 10.4 fear (Not part of the goal). The main culprit for fear is a pretzel loop at 70 mph that dips close enough to the bottom of the gully that the car made a splash in the water.

I also made my first serious stab at mood lighting:

e: Just removing the pretzel loop and autocompleting gave me .5 more excitement and brought fear down to 7 so people will actually ride it.

Dareon fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Jan 2, 2017

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Man, the new mobile Rollercoaster Tycoon Classic is soooo so so loving good. I'm on my phone with spare time way more than my PC so it's the perfect game. Works really well on a phone screen size too.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Le0 posted:

gimme

Le0
Mar 18, 2009

Rotten investigator!
I made a video for my park :neckbeard:
And I added the park on the workshop http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=833428645
EDIT: Quality of the vid is a bit crappy I think? I recorded with Shadow play..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAiHO9P0ykQ

Le0 fucked around with this message at 12:20 on Jan 3, 2017

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

Almost as if to put the last nail in RCTW's coffin, Frontier are suing Atari for unpaid royalties from RCT3 :laugh:

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord

Icedude posted:

Almost as if to put the last nail in RCTW's coffin, Frontier are suing Atari for unpaid royalties from RCT3 :laugh:

Never seen so many celebrity butts alongside an article about tycoon games before :haw:

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

Icedude posted:

lol that Frontier is spanking Atari, but double lol that this is reported on TMZ of all places

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLjdWcz3d_E

This is incredible

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

I got really hyped up for a shitbox hotel in the middle of the American plains and I was disappointed :sigh:

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

I started up a new park. Got a train station and a cool floorless. I plan to load the park up with coasters.

Basic entrance and the front side of the train station, with a nice waiting area inside with shops.

Back of the train station.

And the first coaster of the park. A nice floorless coaster with 6 inversions with 3 trains running.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

I'm getting better. That coaster has all three stats in the green, although it sure doesn't seem that way watching the little gondolas flip around.

The main problem I run into is my short attention span: By the time I get 3/4ths of the way finished with something, I'm tired of building it. Hence why the station has no roof. I focused on the castle, forced myself to finish the walls and roof, and just said gently caress it to the rest of the station.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
I got a coaster with all green in the EFN.

And then I loving deleted the whole thing trying to delete paths. The autosave doesn't have the good version. gently caress.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

skooma512 posted:

I got a coaster with all green in the EFN.

And then I loving deleted the whole thing trying to delete paths. The autosave doesn't have the good version. gently caress.

CTRL-Z is Undo and goes quite a number of actions back. Not gonna help you now, but for the future...

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

Galaga Galaxian posted:

CTRL-Z is Undo and goes quite a number of actions back. Not gonna help you now, but for the future...

First thing I tried but it only worked on the paths.

I managed to recreate what I did, but still. Just need to get used to the UI.

Le0
Mar 18, 2009

Rotten investigator!
undo is a god send. I also got a floorless at 3 greens finally, poo poo is not easy took me several hours of fiddling around.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

Galaga Galaxian posted:

I've done the exact same thing, went and worked on another part of the park, then came back and went "now where did that ride go?"...

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Anyone else noticing with RTC (on iOS at least) there seems to be a bug where speeding up time causes vandalism no matter how many security guards you have?

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Buglord

Bacon Terrorist posted:

Anyone else noticing with RTC (on iOS at least) there seems to be a bug where speeding up time causes vandalism no matter how many security guards you have?

Is it triggered by time? Regardless of the cause I've noticed it too. On the desktop version of the game, I had to try pretty hard to create vandalism. But vandalism in iOS is overboard. For what it's worth, it seems like patrol routes for security guards help mitigate the problem. Free roaming guards tend to end up in some quiet corner of your park.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
On one scenario I had 10 guards all on tight patrols (not many squares to cover on each patrol) and yet whenever I used the speed up time option I would get a message about vandalism and notice damage. That's what made me think it's bugged.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

Vandalism in 1 only happened if you had a bad park rating, which outside scenarios didn't really happen. I only ever saw it in Diamond Heights.

Of course I still clustered benches so I only needed a few guards.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

So I happened upon enough money to get Planet Coaster. I really wanna buy and make some hosed up rides and tunnel poo poo, but somehow I'm still on the fence.

What'll push me over if I've a bit of a fondness for RCT1?

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

widespread posted:

So I happened upon enough money to get Planet Coaster. I really wanna buy and make some hosed up rides and tunnel poo poo, but somehow I'm still on the fence.

It's a great game and a worthy successor to the RCT franchise, just get it. If you need more convincing, pull up ride videos and reviews on YouTube until you're set.

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011

widespread posted:

If you liked making pretty buildings, go nuts. If you liked actually doing the scenarios, don't do what I did and waste your money, the game will have precisely gently caress all for you.

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...
Well what won me over is being able to ride Death Coasters. Spending meticulous hours to perfectly theme euthenasia coasters is so rewarding.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Watch YouTube videos and browse the workshop. Just be careful doing the latter and with the former do NOT watch Silverret's videos. It will likely make you give the game up before even starting it.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

CapnAndy posted:

It's a great game and a worthy successor to the RCT franchise, just get it. If you need more convincing, pull up ride videos and reviews on YouTube until you're set.

Wouldn't you know it, I did so, and Planet Coaster is now in my steam shop.

This might not be in my first attempt at a park.

Asehujiko posted:

If you liked making pretty buildings, go nuts. If you liked actually doing the scenarios, don't do what I did and waste your money, the game will have precisely gently caress all for you.

Wait there were scenarios in RCT1? :confused:

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

Watch YouTube videos and browse the workshop. Just be careful doing the latter and with the former do NOT watch Silverret's videos. It will likely make you give the game up before even starting it.

I know not to try and take inspiration from Silverret's vids. But if I'mma be honest? Asteroids and floating islands sound pretty cool to add.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

widespread posted:

Wait there were scenarios in RCT1? :confused:

RCT1 was all scenarios. It didn't even have a level editor.

That said I'm going through all the scenarios and honestly having fun, though I'm stuck on Good Gully Miss Molly right now (how do I jump-start a profitable park from nothing with only $5k and limited land?). They have their quirks and interesting bits to them.