Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

Chin posted:

If they ever refer to him by his real name in this video you're a filthy doxxer and should be banned.

How do you know it is his real name unless you already know his real name ...... you pre-doxxing bro?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I can't wait for the reactions these people will get to gold farmers.

1: The AI will be so advanced it will notice those players making money for illegal gains and stop them.

2: If you notice it, you'll be able to tell the military and they will mark them for death and kill them everywhere they go.

3: The economy will be so advanced they'll have to do real jobs to earn the money and that's ok because they will be contributing as low level shop workers and such.

4: Chris Roberts already has a plan to stop them.

5: There is already a plan in effect working now in the offline simulated economy.

I guess you can pick and choose. Probably other options I'm leaving out. :3:

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

The Titanic posted:

1: The AI will be so advanced it will notice those players making money for illegal gains and stop them.

2: If you notice it, you'll be able to tell the military and they will mark them for death and kill them everywhere they go.

3: The economy will be so advanced they'll have to do real jobs to earn the money and that's ok because they will be contributing as low level shop workers and such.

5: There is already a plan in effect working now in the offline simulated economy.

1. Only twelve people will be left to play this shitheap when it comes out in 2020 so the effects won't matter much.

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

grimcreaper posted:

Man.. why you gotta stomp on my parade...

Imperial Guard will always be better than the space marines, especially the kasrkin.

GW needs to release kasrkins plastic sprues immediately

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

The Titanic posted:

Pshaw. It will require an addon (sold separately) to all major VR headsets to allow Subsumption to use the cloud mesh to parse your thoughts so it will punish you for thinking bad thoughts before they happen. Seriously, you used to dream so well. What happened?

nawledgelambo
Nov 8, 2016

Immersion chariot

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Someone link some funny timestamps to Drunkasaurus's stream.

Right at this precise moment is when the Follower "RockstarSeduction" followed him (he turned off his overlays after this and preceded to ban me, it's why it doesn't show it) but immediately after that his stream went downhill, he was nervous, panicy, and restless for the rest of the stream [postnote: watch for a few minutes on this one, he knows he's been caught and is covering his tracks, it's phenomenal to watch]:

https://www.twitch.tv/wtfosaurus/v/111170193?t=53m59s

This one is when fuctifino hosted his channel and that began the meltdown phase

https://www.twitch.tv/wtfosaurus/v/111170193?t=02h29m47s

nawledgelambo fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Jan 2, 2017

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

Colostomy Bag posted:

1. Only twelve people will be left to play this shitheap when it comes out in 2020 so the effects won't matter much.

Optimist! :wth:

(Both twelve people and 2020)

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Orks are terrible but funny. The idea that making a gun better involves adding more guns to the gun will never get old. Or just adding more guns in general to everything.

I love their approach to things but dislike their aesthetics.

Its in that same wierd line where i love the aesthetics of eldar stuff and designs but loving hate eldar. I might be a bit wierd.

I just space Imperium stuff in terms of the gothic designs and everything. Also humans best mans.

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Samizdata posted:

FOR EACH ONE OF US THAT FALLS, A THOUSAND MORE WILL TAKE HIS PLACE!

(Also, Land Raider versus Baneblade. Pretty sure the Raider is going down.)

Baneblades and variants are the coolest god damned tanks from any universe ever. Quite frankly i think the USA needs to invest in making several dozen. Right now.

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Goobs posted:

A Punisher tank with Pask in it was always a rippin' good time.

More like casting couch with WTFopickup.

Good day goon'itizen, just checking to see whats going on in.... By the Emperor!

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Chalks posted:

Buddy, if you stop posting that and people immediately start discussing their favourite soap flavours I will not blame you for repeating yourself a few times.

I mean you could be forgiven for thinking that everyone in this thread was capable of seeing the line between "having a different opinion about a space game" and "tracking down someone's real name and home address, then posting personal info about them". It seems like a pretty broad line. Like a line so broad you wonder quite what mental processes were involved in getting from A to B.

But as with all these things, it turns out the warning label was there for a reason.

"but after they trawled through their private life they found some stuff that looked sleazy so it's all justified" is apparently an actual thing.

But goobs didn't have to "trawl" through anything. WTFsaurus's info is on the info front page of his site that he constantly tries to get people to look at.

Chin posted:

If they ever refer to him by his real name in this video you're a filthy doxxer and should be banned.

Some thing if you link their IMDB page. That stuff is supa sekret.

Ashye
Jul 29, 2013

You missed the Comedy Gold he posted after that:

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

Doxcat is watching you PU.

grimcreaper posted:

Baneblades and variants are the coolest god damned tanks from any universe ever. Quite frankly i think the USA needs to invest in making several dozen. Right now.

Here are some Star Citizen (Pre-Heresy Alpha Legion) marines I painted.

nawledgelambo
Nov 8, 2016

Immersion chariot

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

enter beet_wagon into now heavily intoxicated drunkasaurus' stream:

https://www.twitch.tv/wtfosaurus/v/111170193?t=03h55m11s

Richie Stardust
Mar 30, 2016

Goobs posted:

Well done man. I really like those cloaks.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

Goobs posted:

That is drat right impressive.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

nawledgelambo posted:

This one is when fuctifino hosted his channel and that began the meltdown phase

https://www.twitch.tv/wtfosaurus/v/111170193?t=02h29m47s

Did anyone here even fess up to "BrabenIsGreat"? That seems like the kind of low-tier trolling we'd see from pubbies. Poor guy must be hyper sensitive if something that weak would set him off. Like, special snowflake levels of butt-hurt or something.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

Ashye posted:

You missed the Comedy Gold he posted after that:

You there. Yes, peon, you. This project is hemorrhaging money and is years behind schedule because our CEO can't focus on anything for more than five seconds and berates everyone he sees. Because of that we need you to commit to at least 30 hours a week of unpaid overtime. Be glad we're not demanding 40. Now smile, the boss's wife needs to archive a lot of pictures to auto-tweet while she's on vacation.

-- an ideal game development company, according to Shitizens

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

nawledgelambo posted:

lol

Beet Wagon "but I have a cool dog so it's ok"

Classic, high five.

(But now we know it was you behind him getting drunk and groppie.) You have a bad bromance going on with him.

Your a bad bad man (but you do have a cool dog)

Post some Kayak 2017 photo, stop holding out!

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

Maybe this post will get me on your ignore list!

Why did a bunch of video game streamers get together and not stream games? Why did people watch this poo poo?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Goobs posted:

That's loving solid.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

nawledgelambo posted:

Heh. Congrats Beet he respects you!

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

grimcreaper posted:

Orks are terrible but funny. The idea that making a gun better involves adding more guns to the gun will never get old. Or just adding more guns in general to everything.

I love their approach to things but dislike their aesthetics.

Its in that same wierd line where i love the aesthetics of eldar stuff and designs but loving hate eldar. I might be a bit wierd.

I just space Imperium stuff in terms of the gothic designs and everything. Also humans best mans.

I love their aesthetics personally, but I can understand how the ramshackle look might turn some folks off.

nawledgelambo
Nov 8, 2016

Immersion chariot
Quote of the loving year by wtfosaurus, probably the most important thing he said all stream:

https://www.twitch.tv/wtfosaurus/v/111170193?t=03h59m33s

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away
One of the ancient Greek philosophers said that often unhappiness happens when unrealistic expectations crash into unexpected reality. I honesty can't see how it would be possible for them to have more than they do in 4 years from a standing start. It's literally the most ambitious game ever conceived. GTA V took a well established studio with their own engine 5 years and $265 million to make. As far as I'm concerned they're on track and doing quite well considering the set backs (Illfonic's gently caress up) and bullshit controversy (DS and the hit pieces) they've had to deal with. CR said right at the beginning that the scope would expand if the budget did. The public voted with their wallets and now it has $140 million, several studios and over 300 employees earning their living from it.

It's sounds to me like you're just jaded. Maybe you should just step away from it completely and revisit it in a year when it's much closer to release? You're obviously upset and tbh that's partially your own fault for having unrealistic expectations. You had an opportunity to get a refund long ago but presumably didn't take it. They have shown stuff from SQ42 btw and I'm personally glad they're not giving much away about it, I don't want large elements of the campaign exposed before it's released. I don't know what else to say man, I just hope you take a step back. Calling it a scam is very disrespectful to the people currently enjoying it and the men and women making their living from it.

Sillybones fucked around with this message at 04:34 on Jan 2, 2017

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

This is bait. It has to be.

Double post. gently caress yeah.

Exinos
Mar 1, 2009

OSHA approved squiq
The wall hack thing is great because it proves another Agent leak. He said they were having trouble with the AI just gunning down players from across the map and through walls and here we are.

5 years and $140,000,000.00 later CIG still can't make walls that are more than a suggestion regarding where the player should go.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
omg that sounds exactly like a friend of mine who was heavily into primerica

after having an irl meltdown at me for saying "hey primerica is a scam" he proudly invited me to the award show where he was going to receive a huge honor for signing up a bunch of new people

he got a giant statue thing with his name printed on a tear away label

he had to give the award back at the end of the night but he got to keep his bonus: an oscar meyer wiener whistle

he finally got out after 3 years of paying primerica to work there

I wish I could make this poo poo up

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Sillybones posted:

quote:

One of the ancient Greek philosophers said that often unhappiness happens when unrealistic expectations crash into unexpected reality. I honesty can't see how it would be possible for them to have more than they do in 4 years from a standing start. It's literally the most ambitious game ever conceived. GTA V took a well established studio with their own engine 5 years and $265 million to make. As far as I'm concerned they're on track and doing quite well considering the set backs (Illfonic's gently caress up) and bullshit controversy (DS and the hit pieces) they've had to deal with. CR said right at the beginning that the scope would expand if the budget did. The public voted with their wallets and now it has $140 million, several studios and over 300 employees earning their living from it.

It's sounds to me like you're just jaded. Maybe you should just step away from it completely and revisit it in a year when it's much closer to release? You're obviously upset and tbh that's partially your own fault for having unrealistic expectations. You had an opportunity to get a refund long ago but presumably didn't take it. They have shown stuff from SQ42 btw and I'm personally glad they're not giving much away about it, I don't want large elements of the campaign exposed before it's released. I don't know what else to say man, I just hope you take a step back. Calling it a scam is very disrespectful to the people currently enjoying it and the men and women making their living from it.

What brilliance is that from? I love this post.

1. It's perfectly possible for them to have more to do now than when they did four years ago when the scope is constantly expanding and the "visionary" creative director demands everything be redone.

2. CR once said that CIG's money was the equivalent of four times a studio budget because they didn't advertise or have to pay a publisher. So I guess it's now twice the budget of GTA V.

3. There is no evidence whatsoever that Illfonic hosed up.

4. Chris Roberts also said in the beginning that additional funding would not push schedule, yet people seem to forget that.

5. I wonder what someone who expressed frustration at the lack of progress from a year ago would say after waiting until now.

6. People working on a scam deserve to be disrespected. If they don't know they're working on a scam then they should be better informed. Star Citizen is a scam.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
I'd like point out again that nearly everyone involved in this project, from developers to managers to streamers, are miserable loving human scum

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

What brilliance is that from? I love this post.

I said that they didn't meet the expectations CIG set up, but missed my even lesser expectations.

I honestly thought by this year of our lord 2017 they would have at least got some of the MMO bit started.

Blaming loving Illfonic. They made a game like you asked. You are the one that thought you could take 3 studios, make three separate games and then stitch them together later. I even called it on my blog when they first said it.

I don't want to talk to them anymore since they brought up the boogie man as if that means anything.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Just downloaded Star Citizen yesterday. Just played my first match of STAR MARINE.

It's just a bunch of people sprinting (with stompy noises) around and clipping through everything. Hit registration was very bad. I'd unload two magazines into someone and do nothing while they would shoot me dead after a couple of shots (from my view).

Throwing grenades was a joke, your character would do the animation and then the grenade would fly off in a random direction.

Whenever I would try to pop out, shoot, and go back into cover my character would point the gun at the ceiling.

Just bad bad bad.

I still came in 13th out of however many people were on there.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Sillybones posted:

I said that they didn't meet the expectations CIG set up, but missed my even lesser expectations.

I honestly thought by this year of our lord 2017 they would have at least got some of the MMO bit started.

Blaming loving Illfonic. They made a game like you asked. You are the one that thought you could take 3 studios, make three separate games and then stitch them together later. I even called it on my blog when they first said it.

I don't want to talk to them anymore since they brought up the boogie man as if that means anything.

I'm like 99% sure the reason that Illfonic got hosed was because they made a game for one engine and then CIG changed things without telling them. I mean this was what Illfonic had playable two years ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPG-rVu_EQw&t=1220s

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I'm like 99% sure the reason that Illfonic got hosed was because they made a game for one engine and then CIG changed things without telling them. I mean this was what Illfonic had playable two years ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPG-rVu_EQw&t=1220s

Wasn't part of the issue/excuse also that CIG didn't give updated scaling info the Illfonic, so a lot of their stuff was oversized? Still hilarious how fast CIG threw em under the bus tho.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

ripptide posted:

Wasn't part of the issue/excuse also that CIG didn't give updated scaling info the Illfonic, so a lot of their stuff was oversized? Still hilarious how fast CIG threw em under the bus tho.

Those stupid, incompetent idiots made their game mode and assets normal size, you loving believe that?

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Samizdata posted:

It appears that he used to be a PUA scammer that took advantage of a lot of people. Note, I said "appears". He also basically mauled female cohosts while drunk on a Twitch stream, which, in my opinion, adds credence to the lack of respect for women a PUA type would have.

I saw the screen shots posted. Didn't much comment but yeah, that's really not cool how he thinks he can treat women and get away with it.

I'd of punched him in the nose and had him leave.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

ripptide posted:

The scaling issue also crept up with the Cutlass so I would not be surprised to see that was true. Wasn't there an article about that somewhere?

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

Doxcat is watching you PU.

The Titanic posted:

I saw the screen shots posted. Didn't much comment but yeah, that's really not cool how he thinks he can treat women and get away with it.

I'd of punched him in the nose and had him leave.

Don't forget the dogs he beats too. Allegedly I should say for legal purposes. (points to whoever gets the reference)

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

https://www.twitch.tv/thestaceyroy/v/111219742?t=03h48m03s

https://www.twitch.tv/thestaceyroy/v/111219742?t=03h49m41s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Colostomy Bag posted:

The joy of it is these are reactions and what people may say today. The state of the game is often totally irrelevant to reality and what they think the state of the game is.

You've already got groups trying to convince themselves that spending $50 a day for virtual space ship gas is a perfectly logical thing to do.

Edit: looked for reality cats but I thought this one was funny:

The Titanic fucked around with this message at 06:11 on Jan 2, 2017