Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Dias posted:

Man, the monthly schedule on Jojolion is THAT harsh on pacing?

We're lucky that Araki is immortal and will never stop producing content and JoJos. May our great-grandchildren enjoy part 32.

Well, he said he wants to do at least a part 9, sooo...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sekkira
Apr 11, 2008

I Don't Get It,
I Don't Get It,

Why not a movie of part 8?

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Dias posted:

Man, the monthly schedule on Jojolion is THAT harsh on pacing?

We're lucky that Araki is immortal and will never stop producing content and JoJos. May our great-grandchildren enjoy part 32.

let's not get hasty here. i'd wager on part 15 at most

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Sekkira posted:

Why not a movie of part 8?

Because part 8 is not finished.

IMO, make a Netflix Original Series of Steel Ball Run.

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

I willed too hard again...
I know I know, rules are kinda out the window in this series, which makes it fun. But I just wanted to know if Bites the Dust was simpler than I thought and I wasn't getting it. I enjoy the bullshit powers in this series, but they're usually pretty simple such as "I can stop time" and not like Bites the Dust which is kinda stepping into the I-have-to-explain-the-joke-and-now-it's-not-funny-anymore territory for me. I wish it was just something simple like "I can turn back time (as far as 1 hour)" and not have to tie any sort of bomb aspect to it.

Also why does Araki have to kill dogs in every part. :( Was there a dog death in Battle Tendency? I know part 1 had Danny, part 3 has Iggy and the ones Pet Shop killed, and now there's Arnold in part 4.

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Willsun posted:

Also why does Araki have to kill dogs in every part. :( Was there a dog death in Battle Tendency? I know part 1 had Danny, part 3 has Iggy and the ones Pet Shop killed, and now there's Arnold in part 4.

Part 2 had a dog that was about to be runover, but then Kars saved it by slicing off the driver's hands. Part 3 made up for it by, in addition to the ones you said, also having one eaten by Yellow Temperance, and another killed by Death 13.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
Arnold died before Iggy.

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

Friends are what make testing worth it.
There are so many things that can (and probably will) go wrong with a live action adaptation, but that Josuke is actually pretty ok?

King Superman
Nov 14, 2016
You can also add the dog Angelo killed (I think I recall him biting its throat out?) to the dead dog pile. At least Arnold got his revenge.

Also, big congrats to Police, for having a silly name and completely dodging all the usual Jojo dog trauma.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

Willsun posted:

Araki loves animals/dogs, and frequently uses someone killing a dog to show "this guy must be an rear end in a top hat because he's killing a doggy"

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Iwasuke the rockdog seems to be doing ok for himself, probably

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

Iwasuke the rockdog seems to be doing ok for himself, probably

except for the part were he is an abomination against nature.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS posted:

To be fair that's like 3/4ths of all dog breeds.

We did some terrible things when we made dogs.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS posted:

ain't none of us perfect

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Araki uses the death of dogs to show who is the true villain, yet it is the fact that Kira does not kill a dog that starts the unmaking of his quiet life.

so who is the real hero then? I believe it is the man who killed a girls dog and then laid under her bed so he could lick her hand and murder her and it seems Araki agrees with me

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

A Japanese film taking place in a Japanese town being filmed in Japan makes sense right? Too much sense. Not bizarre enough. So naturally it's being shot primarily in Spain.

Japan is probably way more expensive to film in than Spain. Cost is the deciding factor for set locations 99% of the time.

That said, I doubt that Miike or literally any other director can pull this

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Do you think Kira is the source of the "Humans can lick too" urban legend, or did he hear it from one of his schoolmates and think "drat, that's a good idea on how to get some hand action."

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Reading more of part 5.

Aerosmith is a cool stand. I like that Narancia's arms out pose lets him act as a landing strip for it. That's a cute touch.

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Willsun posted:

part 6... the dog lives

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

no they will not posted:

part 6... the dog lives

What fight was that during, I don't even remember that

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

no they will not posted:

part 6... the dog lives

but the dog's sad, it's almost not worth it

FirstAidKite posted:

What fight was that during, I don't even remember that

Made in Heaven

Sekkira
Apr 11, 2008

I Don't Get It,
I Don't Get It,

Waffleman_ posted:

Because part 8 is not finished.

That never stopped anybody.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

The Ayshkerbundy posted:

Made in Heaven

Huh. Did a car hit her?

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Hello it is me, Hitlersaurus Christ, but from the future. I have traveled back in time to bring you the first teaser for the part 6 anime: https://youtu.be/VCX3TaiHqeY

Sekkira
Apr 11, 2008

I Don't Get It,
I Don't Get It,

wow, David Productions budget really took a hit.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I am an anime watcher who just wrapped up Diamond is Unbreakable. I'm a dumb baby who couldn't wait for it to be finished so I started Steel Ball Run while waiting for Part 4 to finish airing. I had previously googled what each JoJo's Stand looked like and the big version of Tusk was so loving strange that I just had to see what was up with it. I got up to the part with DInO (working title) and stopped for a while due because I wanted to take my time and read it a bit more slowly and appreciate it the artwork. Now that DiU is over I've decided to restart SBR before moving on to Parts 5 and 6 because I'm invested. That's my story.

Here are things I know so far about future parts I gained through osmosis I'll put them in spoilers in case any recent anime refugees are posting here too now.

Part 5: I think this dude is DIO's kid and I like that his head looks like Frankie's gun hair in One Piece. When I was googling what JoJo Stands looked like I noticed his never gave a name and when I went to look saw that his Stand evolves at some point. I think this is against the baddy probably. Someone licks a pizza I think according that spongebob meme. That is literally all I know so I hope I am not too spoiler

Part 6: Jotaro's daughter and she's in prison in Florida I think. Jotaro continues to age backwards. Her Stand has sunglasses which is pretty top notch tbqh

Part 7: Johnny is strong and my friend. I guess I know that Tusk gets bigger (presumably with more corpse parts) because he's a lil bird atm.

Part 8: In the JoJonium for Caesar Araki's interview mentions that the bubbles come back for this Josuke also he is a sailor boy? I think Paisley Park is from this one and her design rules. rules hard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InjF8xj93LU

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

It is very much worth reading SBR all in one go. Tusk doesn't develop as it gets more corpse parts, it develops as Johnny learns the spin and develops himself. Fittingly, since it also uses acts, it's more like Echoes rather than Killer Queen getting more abilities after getting hit by the arrow.

Also Tusk is the best.

Begemot fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Jan 3, 2017

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

tusk is great because it ends up being probably one of the most outright offensively powerful stands in the series but it has actually good buildup for it

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Sounds radical! Also I'm glad Johnny has influence on Tusk's growth rather than what I thought. DIO not being able to see the coffee and having raptor arms had me at the edge of my seat thinking "surely not" but goddamn it Araki did it.

e: I also know there's a skin aerosol or something a some point

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Begemot posted:

It is very much worth reading SBR all in one go. Tusk doesn't develop as it gets more stand parts, it develops as Johnny learns the spin and develops himself. Fittingly, since it also uses acts, it's more like Echoes rather than Killer Queen getting more abilities after getting hit by the arrow.

Also Tusk is the best.

I petered out on SBR before it was completed because I'm poo poo at keeping up on running series but later gave it a chance for JoJo's sake and was rewarded with the antics of President Funny Valentine and it was a good thing

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
Steel Ball Run might be one of the best mangas out there

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Steel Ball Run made me tear up multiple times

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Arigato... Gyro

:smith:

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
That's all I can think of to say....

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
Let's make a toast...

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
:911: Dojyaa~n :ocelot:

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Mozzarella rella rella rella rella

we should start a badn

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Shi~ tsu~ rei~

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
The hardcover volume re-releases are soooo good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I've only really just put 2+2 together on it, but the reason I don't like movie Josuke is because it's sort of just a Josuke spin on Jotaro's SDC gear. The chain replaced with the peace and heart sign, nip zips and his waist band is higher but other than that, it's really similar.