Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cyxx
Oct 1, 2005

Byon!

Shockeh posted:

Alright goons - After nearly 2 years off due to a child invading my life, I can once again DOTE with some reliability. As the proper DOTA thread has been (probably deservedly) gassed - How do I locate a stack to play with, with a rusty 4k player? (UK, so EU/USE)

3 years off here due to my own spawn and I've lost like 10 ranked games in a row and dropped to 3k and will probably continue my free fall. And after not playing for 3 years I don't give a poo poo about ranks and it's pretty fun. Our dadschedules probably won't line up since I'm in the us Midwest :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

i am 1k uk please be my dota friened

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

How did they "steal" a key

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

drunken officeparty posted:

You Wouldn't Download A Key, Would You?

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

drunken officeparty posted:

according to reddit

quote:

The API-Key was originally developed for PW to implement its own trade system in China. But the team had miss-communication with Valve resulting the whole project being dropped. The team members that worked on this project either phased out or no longer work for PW. Ruru definitely used her connection with PW (her ex-husband) to gain unfair advantage.

more like dICK
Feb 15, 2010

This is inevitable.
https://twitter.com/liquidfata/status/814850827462512642

Seems like it could be good.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

cyxx posted:

3 years off here due to my own spawn and I've lost like 10 ranked games in a row and dropped to 3k and will probably continue my free fall. And after not playing for 3 years I don't give a poo poo about ranks and it's pretty fun. Our dadschedules probably won't line up since I'm in the us Midwest :(

Free yourself while you still can

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

So Forev is just done with Korea, eh?

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Who is Feero?

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!

Elyv posted:

Who is Feero?

Jordanian pubstar I believe.

more like dICK
Feb 15, 2010

This is inevitable.

Zurreco posted:

So Forev is just done with Korea, eh?

If he wants to make a living playing Dota then thats probably his only realistic choice. :(

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

So did I already miss the drama about the team manager with the admin APK?

Quincy Smallvoice
Mar 18, 2006

Bitches leave
weak drama its china who cares??

Sups
Aug 8, 2007

Jimmy Eat World Hunger

RabidWeasel posted:

Jordanian pubstar I believe.

Looks like he's ~8.3k mmr as a mid player

https://www.dotabuff.com/players/171775246

Martian Manfucker
Dec 27, 2012

misandry is real

Fat_Cow posted:

So did I already miss the drama about the team manager with the admin APK?

it's just more boring ruru drama

gangnam reference
Dec 26, 2010

shut up idiot shut up idiot shut up idiot shut up idiot

how

Mortimer Knag
Nov 23, 2007
Where did the good dota thread end up now?

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

baby delivery truck posted:

Where did the good dota thread end up now?

Trick question, there never was a good Dote thread.

steakmancer
May 18, 2010

by Lowtax
Lustful goony orientalist!! gently caress to LD!!

steakmancer
May 18, 2010

by Lowtax

Shockeh posted:

Alright goons - After nearly 2 years off due to a child invading my life, I can once again DOTE with some reliability. As the proper DOTA thread has been (probably deservedly) gassed - How do I locate a stack to play with, with a rusty 4k player? (UK, so EU/USE)

We can queue together (4.6k mmr) but only I'm allowed to play windranger :wink:

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

https://twitter.com/bdizdota/status/815449731447062528

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.

steakmancer posted:

We can queue together (4.6k mmr) but only I'm allowed to play windranger :wink:

You're on - Despite my love for Windrunner, I've never had a good win percentage with her anyway. Add Shockeh on Steam, I think I'm still the only one.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Hey dota folks. I have a boatload of dota merch from the internationals and such, and I'm in the process of unloading it. They don't have codes but are otherwise unused. If you or any friends of yours want some, just PM me through SA and we'll work something out. Stuff like Demiheroes, Dota t-shirts and hoodies, headsets, donkey courier balloons, etc are up for grabs at pretty cheap prices. My SA-Mart thread got archived, there's a bunch of stuff listed with pictures there and I'll be remaking it in the future, but here's a link for now.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3699976

I also have some sets of the first five Demiheroes(Tiny, Doom, Vengeful Spirit, Slark, Crystal Maiden) for 40 bucks shipped(sans boxes since it'd make them way pricier to ship, if you want the boxes let me know and we can work something out).

If you're at all interested in any of it, drop me a line and we'll go from there. The prices aren't set in stone so we can work something out.

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you
Her name is still Windrunner and I will hear no ill of it

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

This is the Pro Dota thread my friend

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
If you want to read some bullshit, read this http://www.liquiddota.com/forum/dota-2-general/517780-the-2016-liquiddota-awards

Highlights include N0tail as best carry, OG as best team, and Capitalist as best caster. the wings gaming hardly gets mentioned despite, y'know, winning TI6.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Pop-o-Matic Trouble posted:

If you want to read some bullshit, read this http://www.liquiddota.com/forum/dota-2-general/517780-the-2016-liquiddota-awards

Highlights include N0tail as best carry, OG as best team, and Capitalist as best caster. the wings gaming hardly gets mentioned despite, y'know, winning TI6.

I legit forgot that liquid still publishes dota content. Their wiki is great though.

more like dICK
Feb 15, 2010

This is inevitable.

OG had a more impressive year than Wings. NOtail is one of the best carries in the history of Dota.

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
OG's god awful TI6 should disqualify them from all awards.

Majors are just ti's for the mentally challenged anyway.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
N0tail wasn't even the best carry player on his team for most of this year.

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

Best midlaner w33ha
Best captain Misery
*team doesn't win a single tournament*

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

N0tail as best carry

Half a year of Fear was better than a full year of Notail. Even if you DQ the old man there's a big case to be made for Resolution. Whatever.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Miracle is the best player ever in every position including caster and tournament organizer

more like dICK
Feb 15, 2010

This is inevitable.

N0tail wasn't even the best carry player on his team for most of this year.

When NOtail and Miracle split, NOtail was the one who kept winning.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

more like dICK posted:

When NOtail and Miracle split, NOtail was the one who kept winning.

notail has never won anything without fly on his team.

more like dICK
Feb 15, 2010

This is inevitable.

Kild posted:

notail has never won anything without fly on his team.

This is actually the opposite of the truth. NOtail without fly has won more than fly without NOtail

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

Capitalist as best caster

lol they called this category the "voice of dota"

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

more like dICK posted:

This is actually the opposite of the truth. NOtail without fly has won more than fly without NOtail

He's never gotten a first place so idk what you're talking about.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
https://twitter.com/DotaDeMoN/status/815791154461491200 oh yeah baby

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
Looking forward to more NA trash to make Team Geodude.

• Locked thread