Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Man I wanna make a video for mid blood with some clickbaity title calling it "The Daria Killer" but I wanna get through A3 first. Mid Blood is the place to fuckin be I swear it. I'm running into so much Daria and haven't lost once to it. Fast games, slow games, beatdown and control. Something just has to go insanely wrong to lose that match I think.

edit: Swapping out Mastema for Goblin Mages has made a more consistent deck that doesn't seem to be weaker against anything yet and it's getting closer in the aggro blood matchup. It's still in aggro's favor but I think now you can win if they don't hit a really strong draw.

Nehru the Damaja fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Jan 2, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Welp, got my fourth Bahamut and Sahaquiel. Like, good luck is good but I would like to get some other legionaries.

That plus the freaking 3 animated Zirnitras I have means that I'll have to give ramp dragon a try.

Nehru the Damaja posted:

Man I wanna make a video for mid blood with some clickbaity title calling it "The Daria Killer" but I wanna get through A3 first. Mid Blood is the place to fuckin be I swear it. I'm running into so much Daria and haven't lost once to it. Fast games, slow games, beatdown and control. Something just has to go insanely wrong to lose that match I think.

edit: Swapping out Mastema for Goblin Mages has made a more consistent deck that doesn't seem to be weaker against anything yet and it's getting closer in the aggro blood matchup. It's still in aggro's favor but I think now you can win if they don't hit a really strong draw.

Post the new deck.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

https://shadowverse-portal.com/deck...sQA.63fqw.63fqw

Here's the list. It definitely plays closer to the aggro side than the Gamepress list with its Mastemas and Vamp Queens but you have loads of removal to play a reactive game and all of it can double as reach or can contribute to your board.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Mastema is nasty. I played Death's Breath to try to block it and the opponent just demonic stormed, evo, and did 11 face damage that turn. It's very likely to stick and how often does blood value trade after turn 3 really.

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

i'm still sticking to my guns on mastema, everytime i've played her i've been glad. i've been liking her more than feena in my experince, but i think that has more with me using evo points to push more face damage.

i'll have to try out goblin mage though, i've been wanting another three drop for the deck.

i'm really curious about how the mirror of this deck goes. i feel like it goes to whoever can get more value out of their evolutions.

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Jan 2, 2017

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

I think if you find yourself the aggressor more often, Mastema is probably worth her spot in the list. More of my games have been about board control, attrition damage, and closing it out with storm and burn and she just hasn't done enough for me working from that position.

And yeah having another 3 drop in Goblin Mage has been nice. Veight can have crazy value when things work right but sometimes their 2 drop just kills him and their first turn 1/2 eats your bat and it was unexciting. In those cases I'd definitely rather have the 2/2 and card.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
I thought I was going to get a pass on the rerolling game when I got two animated Crystallia Tia but then they ended up being the only two legendaries I would get out of the 25 packs.

Differentiating the rarities is kind of tough for a beginner.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Weird Interaction: if Sahaquiel summons a Gabriel, you don't get the bonus stats from her fanfare effect. Some guy just tried it on me and I got real spooked but then nothing happened and then I just trashed the guy.

Additionally, the deck I've been trashing people with is the aggro blood deck posted last thread. I've beaten two Daria decks with it and a ramp dragon where the other guy had Bahamut, Lucifer, and Genesis Dragon on the board as I ended the game

Konstantin
Jun 20, 2005
And the Lord said, "Look, they are one people, and they have all one language; and this is only the beginning of what they will do; nothing that they propose to do will now be impossible for them.
Yeah, it doesn't trigger fanfare effects. If it did, it would be broken when combined with Olivia, Odin, or Satan.

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Weird Interaction: if Sahaquiel summons a Gabriel, you don't get the bonus stats from her fanfare effect. Some guy just tried it on me and I got real spooked but then nothing happened and then I just trashed the guy.

Fanfares only happen when you play them, yourself, from your hand.

In HS there was a very clear distinction between Play and Summon but i can't remember if SV makes the same distinction in terms.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Haha, had a scumbag aggro blood drop Yurius, Levin Dickhead (one of the best cards in the expansion, IMO, certainly the best bronze) on me when I had 1 hp left in my ramp dragon. So I dropped Urd, which kills him before he can activate then evolved, killed him and went for lethal with Forte.

:feelsgood:

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Golden Battler posted:

Fanfares only happen when you play them, yourself, from your hand.

In HS there was a very clear distinction between Play and Summon but i can't remember if SV makes the same distinction in terms.

The description of Fanfare specifically says "when you play the card from your hand using play points". It's not strange or ambiguous at all.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I don't think I've ever drafted a worse deck. :negative:

e: I'm having a bad day.

Terper fucked around with this message at 13:04 on Jan 2, 2017

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
Is there supposed to be another set of leaders coming out with Rise of Bahamut or am I misremembering things?

With this massive influx of funbux, I'd like to buy an alternate leader, but I'll be damned if it's going towards that loser punkass Latham.

Lord Ephraim
Feb 22, 2008

That's one way to get ahead in life, but nothing beats an axe to the face.
Khawy is the biggest cockblock in the game. I got the player down to 4 HP with a 9 pp Albert ready next turn, two master ninjas and a pirate. But jerk played double Urd on Khawy, killed my ambushed followers and healed for 10 HP.

If I had a choice to banish Mordecai or Khawy, I would choose the later.

I didn't think it was possible but yes you can make a good shadowcraft deck without Cerberus or Lord of the Flies.

Lord Ephraim fucked around with this message at 16:07 on Jan 2, 2017

boz
Oct 16, 2005
On my fourth reroll, got:

2x Lord of Flies
Albert
Bahamut
Queen V
SkullFane
Beast Dom
Nephthys

Was going to keep rerolling to try sword, but would this be okay to start playing shadow?

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Similar question, of my 25 packs I got;

Albert(animated)
Queen V
Gabriel
Eidolon
Tia
White Wolf
Tsubaki
Bloodthirsty Matriarch x3

I figure I'm not going to get a better result and I'm covered for a variety since I'm not sure what I want to build towards.

The question is what should I focus the mass of gold you get for logging in? More packs or would I be better off playing a bit, finding what I like and then buying a prebuilt?

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Similar question, of my 25 packs I got;

Albert(animated)
Queen V
Gabriel
Eidolon
Tia
White Wolf
Tsubaki
Bloodthirsty Matriarch x3

I figure I'm not going to get a better result and I'm covered for a variety since I'm not sure what I want to build towards.

The question is what should I focus the mass of gold you get for logging in? More packs or would I be better off playing a bit, finding what I like and then buying a prebuilt?

Just get more packs in order to broaden the amount of decks that you can play. Then, if you find one you like, you could buy a prebuilt if it has some cards you need.

Aggro blood is really popular right now and you have the start of a nice control blood deck (which is really expensive) so you could try focusing on that.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

boz posted:

On my fourth reroll, got:

2x Lord of Flies
Albert
Bahamut
Queen V
SkullFane
Beast Dom
Nephthys

Was going to keep rerolling to try sword, but would this be okay to start playing shadow?

its ok. im not excited about it but its not terrible. skullfane and beast dom are the only stinkers. no one knows if nep nep is good or not yet.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

as if we needed a reminder of why you never destroy your entire collection, soulek is playing the game again lol.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Awesome! posted:

as if we needed a reminder of why you never destroy your entire collection, soulek is playing the game again lol.

Yesssssss

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

I finally lost against a Daria deck but they went second and it was just turns 4, 5, and 6 of Levi. I don't think they ever even drew a Daria. Levi is just that busted.

But still that puts me at like 10-1 against Daria so far. Also managed to beat a couple aggro blood lists so the Goblin Mage is probably helping. Best game so far was Control Sword where they thought I was aggro blood for a good while until we started just having exchanges with slow attrition damage to sword, etc. Finally we reach 10 mana, Vania, Vania, Summon Bloodkin, evolve bat to trade it out, Night Horde. Boom, your dude is gone, my board is huge, and you just took 8. He spent the next two turns running Alberts into bats just to try to stay alive and it just wasn't enough.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

I can't believe Nep Nep is still in maintenance. They'd better give me free packs for this travesty.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Me too. I was totally gonna play Nephthys in my deck of Shadow basics, I promise. I am aggrieved and demand compensation.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

I actually crafted 2 of them before I realized she was in maintenance (because it only tells you that when you try to make a deck, not in the card collection), so I think there's room for a legitimate grievance there.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Oh yeah I don't fault anyone for feeling aggrieved by it. It sucks to have a sweet card that you can't use.

I'm just joking about opportunistic dogpilers like myself. I have one but it's extremely unlikely I'll use it in the next couple months as Shadow has been my whipping boy class that gets melted to fund other decks. But I'll gladly pretend to be mad if it gets me more packs.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Awesome! posted:

Just watched his stream. He's playing Daria. Very badly. Not that you need mad skills to run that deck.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
For a new player what should be the priority in deck choices when getting new cards? Classic, first expansion or Bahumut? Given its huge size and requirements, along with triple legendaries, the constructed part is a bit unweildy even with their generous offerings as its not clear what way to go.

Edit: On my reroll got

Ancient Elf
Sea Queen
Gabriel
Skullfane
Odin
Bahamut
Sun Oracle Pascale
Moon Al-mi'raj
Bloodhungry Matriarch
Lucifer
Daria
Beast Dominator (I dusted this because i'm 99% sure this must be god awful and if i'm wrong... well boo me)

Lid fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Jan 3, 2017

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer

Lid posted:

For a new player what should be the priority in deck choices when getting new cards? Classic, first expansion or Bahumut? Given its huge size and requirements, along with triple legendaries, the constructed part is a bit unweildy even with their generous offerings as its not clear what way to go.

Ancient Elf
Sea Queen
Gabriel
Skullfane
Odin
Bahamut
Sun Oracle Pascale
Moon Al-mi'raj
Bloodhungry Matriarch
Lucifer
Daria
Beast Dominator (I dusted this because i'm 99% sure this must be god awful and if i'm wrong... well boo me)

That is a really nice all around set. And yeah, Beast Dominator still seems safe to dust.

So with Blood and Rune seeming to be the big winners in the Bahamut meta so far, what do folks think are the best pre-built decks to buy at this point? I still like playing Forest but a single elf and Tia seems like I'm still a ways away from a strong deck; I really am enjoying Shadow and a second Cerberus and Mordecai seems like a nice addition. Do Blood and Rune get much out of those decks or do they just skew heavier on Bahamut cards?

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Lid posted:

Ancient Elf
Sea Queen
Gabriel
Skullfane
Odin
Bahamut
Sun Oracle Pascale
Moon Al-mi'raj
Bloodhungry Matriarch
Lucifer
Daria

You can easily fill out non-legendary requirements from Bahamut just through your free packs and score rewards and stuff so I wouldn't worry about the set too much. Several of its legendaries seem anywhere from playable to quite good but they're really specific. Standard set has a lot of legendaries that are just staples and will continue to be so. E.g. White Wolf is only good if you're playing a forest deck that wants to get some huge turn out of drawing high cost cards and discounting them, which not every forest deck wants to do. Meanwhile Ancient Elf is going to be part of every good Forestcraft deck for a very long time.

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

neither blood or rune benefit largely from their prebuilts. sword and forest are still probably the best value wise. the meta is still shaking out with people trying out the new cards, and i'm not convinced that forest combo or control sword wont be strong in a few more weeks.

edit: to explain a bit more, i'm almost certain control sword should be stronger than ever with this update, but none of the lists i've seen have impressed me. i feel most people are getting to greedy and are going too top heavy with the deck.

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Jan 3, 2017

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Tortolia posted:

That is a really nice all around set. And yeah, Beast Dominator still seems safe to dust.

What would be the best direction to take with these legendaries? I tend to be a control or ramp player.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Lid posted:

What would be the best direction to take with these legendaries? I tend to be a control or ramp player.

Problem is your stuff is sort of all over the place, which is fine and normal and all that, but it's not really funneling you in any particular direction. I'd worry less about that and find something that looks fun and playable in the near term. Unsurprisingly, control and ramp are gonna have lots of pricy poo poo.

Moon al Miraj is one of the only legends you have that gets run as a one-of, so maybe look at some Storm Haven lists. It has the advantage of being a really cheap deck already and having Moon cuts that price even more. It's more of a midrange deck with small combo-like synergies. Banner Sword can be put together for almost nothing at all, requires no legends, and is quite viable, but it's straight up aggro. I wouldn't go all-out on investing in an existing high price deck because we currently have no idea what the meta will look like.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Nehru the Damaja posted:

Problem is your stuff is sort of all over the place, which is fine and normal and all that, but it's not really funneling you in any particular direction. I'd worry less about that and find something that looks fun and playable in the near term. Unsurprisingly, control and ramp are gonna have lots of pricy poo poo.

Moon al Miraj is one of the only legends you have that gets run as a one-of, so maybe look at some Storm Haven lists. It has the advantage of being a really cheap deck already and having Moon cuts that price even more. It's more of a midrange deck with small combo-like synergies. Banner Sword can be put together for almost nothing at all, requires no legends, and is quite viable, but it's straight up aggro. I wouldn't go all-out on investing in an existing high price deck because we currently have no idea what the meta will look like.

That makes sense, and yeah I loathe aggro given how there's no real game involved. Face is the place and decisions beyond that mean that aggro has lost.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!

Awesome! posted:

The only time I tuned to his stream it was I think early DE. He lost a game to Haven, then proceeded to go into his collection and liquefy every single Haven card out of spite. So I guess this is a common thing for him.

Guy needs some anger management therapy.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Of the pre-built decks, I think only Forest, Sword, and maybe Shadow if you squint are great value. The other decks don't actually rely on their legendary cards all that much to succeed, or maybe only one of the legendaries from the pre-built decks.

Golds are a thing too, I guess, but it's really not that hard to craft them even as a new player. And probably more immediately valuable than crafting legendaries anyway. With some exceptions.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
On the reccomendation I looked up a Storm Haven deck and managed to be able to get everything in this

https://shadowverse.gamepress.gg/deck/jcg-open-vol41-b-storm-havencraft

It's from the previous expansion but, at the very very very low levels, it is crushing. What changes would be in it for Bahamut?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Sophism posted:

Guy needs some anger management therapy.
he plays by far the best music out of any sv streamer though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Lid posted:

What changes would be in it for Bahamut?
the new list is using luxwing reno, veteran tamer and valhallan general but i dont know how refined it is yet

• Locked thread