Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a computer ghost
May 30, 2011

an unhackable cat???
I can't stop laughing at the Waluigi in the yaranaika group.

(Also those are twin Renos, not Reeve :goonsay:)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Adel posted:

(Also those are twin Renos, not Reeve :goonsay:)

Goddammit.

Well I never said I was perfect :downs:

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Something I didn't notice before...

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
Do the Japanese think American cops just stroll around gun in hand at all times?

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

Scratch Monkey posted:

Do the Japanese think American cops just stroll around gun in hand at all times?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Inepta Lacerta
Nov 20, 2012

Really quite silly indeed.

Scratch Monkey posted:

As a non-american, it's not a hard impression to get. :v:

Also, great photos Aces Cure Planes!

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch
I think what more people would find impressive is just how many divisions of our government have guys who carry guns, badges and can arrest you!
The FDA? Of course?
Department of Education? Yep!

The Postal Service?
Bitch, they got two different divisions of special agents!

Hamshot
Feb 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

El Estrago Bonito posted:

I think what more people would find impressive is just how many divisions of our government have guys who carry guns, badges and can arrest you!
The FDA? Of course?

The Postal Service?

Ok, ok, WHY? Not super on topic and I hope not to derail the thread, but why???

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Hamshot posted:

'murica.

...that's it, really. Just :911: We're an insanely heavily armed society that handles pretty much every problem by shooting at it in one way or another.

Our nation is all about heart disease and guns and I'll be damned if you'll take either from me.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

The FDA? Of course?

The Postal Service?

Never forget the various train police we have.

Hamshot posted:

No one likes to share power so they each have their own enforcement division.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Hamshot posted:

Who do you think has to stop the ones that go postal?

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

Hamshot posted:

The real reason actually makes some sense. USPIS protects the actual postal service itself, as in the depots where the mail is transported, the people who deliver and transport mail, etc. The OIG handles crimes committed using the mail, like transporting drugs, mail fraud, scams, mail bombs, and stuff of that nature.

Some other interesting ones we have:

OEE: Who handle crimes related to importing and exporting goods. If Trump has his way and tried to implement his harebrained import/export restriction scheme he's going to have to probably triple or quadruple the size of this agency, which would be wildly expensive because the average salary there is pretty drat high.
OCI: Who are the previously mentioned FDA law enforcement arm. They're actually, honestly, the most important law enforcement office no one has ever heard of. The FDA is responsible for something like a quarter to a third of all money spent by your average American and OCI are the people in charge of enforcing consumer protections and regulations passed on, well, food and drugs. If some company is doing shady stuff with medications, or some people are passing off some scam treatment as real, OCI are the dudes who bust heads and crack skulls. Their main weakness is that they are criminally undermanned and often pinned under a raft of paperwork and red tape.
BEP: It's well known that the Secret Service handles counterfeiting, but these guys also work in that area, along with protecting the actual places where money is made, stored and transported. Because their job is also shared between two other federal agencies (the Secret Service and the Mint Police) they also do a lot of police training for some reason, and run a bunch of the centers that train people like the FBI and state troopers in automatic weapons training and other certifications.
OECA: The law enforcement arm of the EPA, does basically what you'd imagine. Notable because they employ a lot of scientists that also are law enforcement officers which is pretty cool I guess. Probably going to get ultra gutted under Trump.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

OECA: The law enforcement arm of the EPA, does basically what you'd imagine. Notable because they employ a lot of scientists that also are law enforcement officers which is pretty cool I guess. Probably going to get ultra gutted under Trump.

Oh man I so want to be a scientist cop.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

The Science Police are real!

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
There was a character in Snatcher who was described as "previously being a Science Cop", totally straightfaced. It owns.

Also there's like, no Snatcher cosplay. There is a little Policenauts out there though.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
For the unaware, that last picture is taken beside SA's very own Slowbeef. He was part of the group who made the English fan-translation for Policenauts, and goes into a fair bit on what it took to make the game work with English dialogue in his Let's Play.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

I probably should have mentioned that :v:. Oh well.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Can't wait to hear Dennis' reason for dyeing his hair blue in Lethal Weapon 7.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

kirbysuperstar posted:

Also there's like, no Snatcher cosplay. There is a little Policenauts out there though.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

God bless

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

The MSJ posted:

Can't wait to hear Dennis' reason for dyeing his hair blue in Lethal Weapon 7.

You joke, but Policenauts is pretty much literally Lethal Weapon in space...

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

Joe Don Baker *IS* Mittens! He's a cop!

Mezzanine
Aug 23, 2009

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL posted:

Joe Don Baker *IS* Mittens! He's a cop!

THANK you, I always think of Mitchell whenever I see that magazine cover.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

kirbysuperstar posted:

There was a character in Snatcher who was described as "previously being a Science Cop", totally straightfaced. It owns.

I really liked the Policenauts let's play, It was fun as hell and very informative.

If you were to tell me that that was Ben Carson in that picture though, I would've believed you.

I also realized you have to find really important luggage in the game too.

Fargin Icehole has a new favorite as of 16:46 on Jan 2, 2017

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Casual,

All kitted up,

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Still surprised when my BoB cosplay still fits.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Is that Kevin Spacey? Seriously.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Aleph Null posted:

No idea. Funimation had it posted on their FB page with a bunch of other ones.

Rhyos
Jan 2, 2006
It's probably my fault.

Aleph Null posted:

Probably just Some Guy, but he reminds me of Joerg Sprave, the weird slingshot dude.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Aleph Null posted:

You have all of the face blindness.

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009

Aleph Null posted:

Seriously? No.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

He's doing a deadpan Spacey look but he bears only a passing resemblance at best.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

God drat, dude. Think that might be in the running for my best of C91.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

God drat, dude. Think that might be in the running for my best of C91.

I have no idea what this is, have never even conceived of it, but this is cool as gently caress!

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

VendaGoat posted:

I have no idea what this is, have never even conceived of it, but this is cool as gently caress!

That's Fate/Zero Berserker Lancelot

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

It's Berserker from Fate/Zero

All it needs is a smoke machine somewhere inside it and some LEDs in the eyes and it'd be probably in my top five cosplays.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sulphix
Dec 15, 2008
My least favorite leader in Civ 5. He always drops those cities on every coastal tile visible. Oh wait, that's Disney... nvm.

• Locked thread