Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Felter Chesthard posted:

Full PPR start any 2 of
Pryor @ Pitt
Rawls @ SF
Collins @ SF
McFadden @ Phi
Perkins @ Wash
Draught v Seattle

Considering Rawls and Collins because surely one of them will have a big game? Week 17 is the worst.

PPR? Rawls and McFadden is what I would do if not.

Man I wouldn't want to be in a league that has championship week in week 17.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

1 PPR. Two week championship and I'm up 43.3 so I mostly just need to play it safe and not have any players poo poo the bed.

With Big Ben sitting and Carr dead. I can choose between Matt Moore, Alex Smith, and Landry Jones. Jones seems tempting due to matchup against Cle but without AB and Bell seems risky. Smith seems safer but SD has a good pass rush and we lose points per sack. Moore seems bad due to NE matchup but CBS has him listed as a sleeper option. ESPN projects Jones to be the best but it's Jones-13.6, Smith-12.2, and Moore-11.1, so they're all pretty close.

I want to start Powell against Bufs miserable run defense but he's been sick all week apparently so might be safer to start Blount against Mia. I grabbed Collins in case Rawls was out, but he's apparently fine. Also grabbed McFadden but he's apparently Q right now. I guess maybe Blount is kind of the no brainer safe option.

Also need to pick between Cards vs LA and Chiefs vs SD. Both pretty strong options. KC did poo poo previously this year against SD but it was also week 1.

loving week 17 so stupid.

bird with big dick fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Jan 1, 2017

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

And I think the worst thing about Powell is that even if he starts the word is he'll "try to play" so if he's recovering from some nasty flu or something he could start and play like poo poo and/or get pulled in the 1st quarter or something.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
Week 17 is the worst. In our money/work league I'm in the finals. Against last place who is on an upswing.

Only reason last place is in is because it's a ten team league and the commissioner forgot to change settings from last year (16 team and 10 go to playoffs). So he took a vote before the playoffs and I was the only one that chimed in. I joked I wanted everyone in the playoffs to last place could knock off the number one seed... And lo and behold he did.

But now I face him and if he wins I'll never hear the end of it.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Any sleeper TEs I should pick up in case Olson can't play?

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

SalTheBard posted:

Any sleeper TEs I should pick up in case Olson can't play?

Clay if he isn't locked up. He's still only 39% owned in ESPN but I assume any league playing week 17 he's already rostered. Other than that I got nothing. e: maybe Jared Cook if he isn't rostered and there isn't anything better. He's had a few good games and this is a huge game.

My opponent is currently starting both Clay AND Olsen. In full PPR he's starting an RB (Sproles) and a TE in his two flex spots. If I lose to that, I'm going to be pissed.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

scrubs season six posted:

Clay if he isn't locked up. He's still only 39% owned in ESPN but I assume any league playing week 17 he's already rostered. Other than that I got nothing. e: maybe Jared Cook if he isn't rostered and there isn't anything better. He's had a few good games and this is a huge game.

My opponent is currently starting both Clay AND Olsen. In full PPR he's starting an RB (Sproles) and a TE in his two flex spots. If I lose to that, I'm going to be pissed.

Clay was taken but I got Cook. Thanks for the advice!

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
Clay is listed as questionable which is killing me. I'm thinking he would be probable if they still had that designation? He's a definite start over Ertz if he's healthy but I need to knowwww man!

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

BonoMan posted:

Clay is listed as questionable which is killing me. I'm thinking he would be probable if they still had that designation? He's a definite start over Ertz if he's healthy but I need to knowwww man!

Yeah 99% of the time it = good to go.

The only thing that bothers me about Powell's Q designation is the illness aspect and knowing how much lingering illness/weakness could impact production.

If it was standard scoring I'd roll Blount with no concerns but in PPR Powell is so much, much more attractive. If Blount doesn't get 1 or 2 TDs it means he ends up scoring 4-6 points while Powell has put up 27 points without getting in the end zone.

And I'm definitely not starting both of them because it'd mean sitting DJax.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
And just like that Clay is listed as active. Why did they get rid of the Probable designation? It was very useful.

Doppelganger
Oct 11, 2002

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger
Vikings D vs Chicago or Raiders D @ Denver?

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Doppelganger posted:

Vikings D vs Chicago or Raiders D @ Denver?

I'd probably go Raiders but it's pretty close to a coin flip for me. Last I heard both Lynch and Semen were supposed to play half the game and it'll probably be a sack o rama plus Denver's usual low powered offense. Plus Oakland is actually still potentially playing for something and their defense will undoubtedly need to step up more than usual with McGloin playing.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
Roll Oakland D with me. :getin:

Last question, pick one.

Sproles
Blue
Zenner

Could also flex in Tyrell Williams or Michael Thomas into that spot. NO ppr

BonoMan fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Jan 1, 2017

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Is OBJ playing? Edelman?

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Joey Freshwater posted:

Is OBJ playing? Edelman?

OBJ is killing me today. I want to start him as a "gently caress it at worse I get 2nd" but then I also hate losing

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Joey Freshwater posted:

Is OBJ playing? Edelman?

NE still needs a win to clinch homefield so I assume it's all hands on deck for the Patriots.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
Yeah this is gonna be a lovely day. 4 and 5 point scores all day long.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
Jordan Howard. Best waiver pickup this year. Please don't rest him!

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I left Sean Lee in, ESPN said he might be benched part of the game but some other news source said he was gonna be benched the entire game (which I didn't see until after the game started and I started googling since it didn't look like he was in). I probably should have expected it but I'm gonna be pissed if I lose by 5-10 points.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Yep me popping in Quiz over DeAngelo and Eli rogers over Landry lost me the championship. Bring on fantasy baseball season

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

the_american_dream posted:

Yep me popping in Quiz over DeAngelo and Eli rogers over Landry lost me the championship. Bring on fantasy baseball season

I'm going against DeAngelo and I sat Ertz.... Oops!

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Also pretty swell to see either Burkhead or DeAngelo would've been better options

But but but Quiz will see volume on a team playing for something! his dumbass rationalized to himself

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

the_american_dream posted:

Also pretty swell to see either Burkhead or DeAngelo would've been better options

But but but Quiz will see volume on a team playing for something! his dumbass rationalized to himself

Hey I also dropped Rishard Matthews at the last second soooooo. All the mistakes? I made them.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

BonoMan posted:

Jordan Howard. Best waiver pickup this year. Please don't rest him!

Jordan Howard was on waivers?! Why? How?

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I got Jordan Howard was undrafted in my league too and carried the gently caress out of my team. Him, Melvin Gordon, and Carlos Hyde would all alternate putting up 20+ point weeks it felt like and made me feel less bad taking Hopkins over David Johnson Jr. this year, even if I did get bounced from the playoffs when they all failed horribly in week 15.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

SalTheBard posted:

Jordan Howard was on waivers?! Why? How?

10 team league. And I picked him up months ago. Not just now in case that's how you took it :).

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

BonoMan posted:

10 team league. And I picked him up months ago. Not just now in case that's how you took it :).

I just looked, I picked him up Sept 28th in my small money league and rode him all the way to fifth place after starting the season 1-6 due to shitpiles of injuries (Peterson, Dez, Rawls, Decker, Foster, etc).

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

I just looked, I picked him up Sept 28th in my small money league and rode him all the way to fifth place after starting the season 1-6 due to shitpiles of injuries (Peterson, Dez, Rawls, Decker, Foster, etc).

I picked him up Nov. 2. drat haha. Wish this was a keeper league.

Anyway 20 pts in ESPN standard scoring from Montgomery and I win. Haaaaa.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I'd probably go Raiders but it's pretty close to a coin flip for me. Last I heard both Lynch and Semen were supposed to play half the game and it'll probably be a sack o rama plus Denver's usual low powered offense. Plus Oakland is actually still potentially playing for something and their defense will undoubtedly need to step up more than usual with McLovin playing.

Lol, sorry. And that was coming from a Denver homer.

bird with big dick fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Jan 2, 2017

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

I went Oakland. Adding to All the Bad Decisions I Made in 2016 ©

BonoMan fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Jan 2, 2017

Doppelganger
Oct 11, 2002

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger

I'd have talked myself into starting Oakland anyways. It made the most sense at the time.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Not to toot my own penis, but:

With Big Ben sitting and Carr dead. I can choose between Matt Moore, Alex Smith, and Landry Jones. Jones seems tempting due to matchup against Cle but without AB and Bell seems risky. Smith seems safer but SD has a good pass rush and we lose points per sack. Moore seems bad due to NE matchup but CBS has him listed as a sleeper option. ESPN projects Jones to be the best but it's Jones-13.6, Smith-12.2, and Moore-11.1, so they're all pretty close.

Nailed it (started Smith).

quote:

I want to start Powell against Bufs miserable run defense but he's been sick all week apparently so might be safer to start Blount against Mia. I grabbed Collins in case Rawls was out, but he's apparently fine. Also grabbed McFadden but he's apparently Q right now. I guess maybe Blount is kind of the no brainer safe option.

Nailed it (Started Powell)(which, admittedly, did not take a genius in PPR).

quote:

Also need to pick between Cards vs LA and Chiefs vs SD. Both pretty strong options. KC did poo poo previously this year against SD but it was also week 1.

Nailed it. Started Cards (34 points) over Chiefs (15 points). But, more importantly, grabbed the cards off waivers three weeks ago precisely to keep their sweet Rams week 17 matchup out of anyone elses hands.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Chris Collinsworth just compared Jared Cook to Calvin Johnson.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
[triggered]

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Spoeank posted:

[triggered]
______________\

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

Hooray, I won my week 17 championship game. And thankfully I think this is the last year we're doing this. Week 17 is the crappiest of crap shoots where I had four guys put up a combined point total of 5 and still won because I put up a regular, not lovely total last week.

Two time champion in this league, gonna have my name on the trophy and I get to keep that fucker all year. Sweeeet.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
I'm about to make my first major off season dynasty trade. I love dynasty :3:

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
This is my sober "goddamnit if I would have played Ertz or Thomas I would have won." gently caress fantasy football. See you fuckers next year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Thank you SO MUCH for the recommendation on Jared Cook. Helped me win my Championship game! I would've lost if I started Olson our score was that close.

12 team league, $75 buy in. Payouts are:
1st - 300
2nd - 225
3rd - 150
4th - 75

Does that seem weird to anyone else?

• Locked thread