Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Baloogan posted:

I don't know if bernie would have won, but if he got the nomination and LOST the SCREECHING FROM THE HILL FOLK would be utterly unbearable

if he got the nomination and won the screeching from the hill folk would be unbearable

also they would cut a deal with the gop to sabotage his presidency

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fiction
Apr 28, 2011

Baloogan posted:

ill tell ya i knew absolutely knew for certain that kanye wasn't going to be vp

beyond a shadow of a doubt.

I don't think he would have accept- never mind

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

The Muppets On PCP posted:

if he got the nomination and won the screeching from the hill folk would be unbearable

also they would cut a deal with the gop to sabotage his presidency

hell, some republicans were trying to sabatage trump all along

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Who will be the modern John Brown that goes around killing fascists

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

tower time posted:

I don't anticipate Sanders/whoever the progressive wing gets behind to sweep the southern states in 2020, but I do hope some time is spent in the next four years attempting to broaden the appeal of progressive politics in the south and learning exactly what about Sanders did not appeal to many people. "I won the primaries of the states we need to win during the election, and the important blue states" is the EXACT argument the Clinton campaign used to try and get superdelegates to give her the nomination over Obama in 2008. I think Sanders would have done better in this election (and likely won), but every state and part of the democratic party voters deserves a say in the candidate IMO. I don't think Sanders ever could have won the South this year - name recognition was a huge advantage for HRC and many voters there had longstanding ties and a deep trust in the Clintons. Even so, giving up there was a mistake for a longer-term strategy of organizing the progressive left within the democratic party.

Part of any plan to make the Democratic party strong and relevant again will involve strengthening parties at the state level, and that should include southern states. Honestly, the southeast is home to many of the poorest areas of the country. Progressive ideas should find fertile ground there. If we cannot win over other democrats to our cause in such areas, we need to find out why and what can be done differently.

I'm not reading this

2 sentences minimum

brevity is wit and all that

condense for me thanks in advance

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Phi230 posted:

Uhtred is a oval office

BEBBENBERG IS MINE!! :byodood:

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Baloogan posted:

hell, some republicans were trying to sabatage trump all along

if bernie ran in a stacked field, he probably would have done a lot better tbh

trump had a huge advantage by being one of two outsiders candidates in a loving 20ish person election

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Lastgirl posted:

BEBBENBERG IS MINE!! :byodood:

The conflict between seeking wealth and power like Hillary vs. just hanging out with cool bros.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
bernie would have also gotten dumpstered in 2008

context matters

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Alfred however is p. cool

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Serf posted:

Lewis literally bled for civil rights

And he's not even wrong. Somebody is gonna have to pay for all this poo poo. That somebody just happens to be the rich is all

He feels like he owes his seat to the Clintons so I think this is the last time he'll have to shill for Hillary.

He saved Grady Hospital, one of the only hospitals in Georgia that doesn't shove poors out the door the second they realize they can't pay.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
anyway we should like hunt for congresspeople for 2018 probably. that would be a good use of time

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Phi230 posted:

Alfred however is p. cool

Alfred is a stone cold killer

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://twitter.com/nickwiger/status/816003243964710912

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

etalian posted:

Alfred is a stone cold killer

Oh yeah then how come he whines about meat

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

hahahahaaaaaahahahahahahahahahahah

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

anime was right posted:

if bernie ran in a stacked field, he probably would have done a lot better tbh

trump had a huge advantage by being one of two outsiders candidates in a loving 20ish person election

yea the democrat field was so thin, it was like no one dare oppose the queen~

bernie didnt give a gently caress because he saw what was happening, or is right now, poo poo's not going away~

Point being, it should've been a hindsight thing, realizing how thin the democrat primary field was because 2018 will be crucial or I think we're seeing the death of a party. This election seemed to kind of be an either/or do or die moment for either party, I don't think the stakes could've been any higher and the democrats took a huge and arrogant gambit. They have too much work to do and bipartisanship isn't going to cut it anymore, not exactly sure about 2018, or even 2020 for that matter.

It'd take some colossal gently caress ups on the republican's behalf for 2020 to be viable, something incredibly dire. Otherwise I don't see how democrats can viably run until 2024 if they even manage to get their heads out of their asses and lay some real groundwork if they aren't being dragged down by petty infighting and factions, so good luck with that :v:

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
100% clean comedian

good username

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
hes also 55

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
anyways here's a snippet i saved from the Democrat convention in july because it made me laugh

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

I just googled Dan Nainan and :aaa:

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
poor sad witch lady showed alfred the true path but he's took weak to follow

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=say9MsdpGXs

Dan Nainan Stand Up Comedy for 1800 People!

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Oh wow worse than you'd think.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Phi230 posted:

Oh yeah then how come he whines about meat

also unrealistic that he's king of Wessex but doesn't have a finer wife

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

lmao, they had to cover possible Identity group.

Maybe her next GE race will a have a anime fan outreach expert, furry fan or a Hillaryis44 outreach expert.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

googling this dude was the best decision ive ever made

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Oh Snapple! posted:

googling this dude was the best decision ive ever made

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ec_iYKigxRU

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/reliable-source/wp/2013/09/26/comedian-dan-nainan-arrested-after-journalist-punched-in-face-over-tweets/

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

A comedian that can relate to Trump?

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Should have hired this comedian instead:

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
I'm fairly certain that's not real

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Uploaded on May 21, 2009
dan nainan sexy performance ever

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/joshrogin/statuses/383036576911331328

holy gently caress the dan nainan rabbit hole is deeeeeeeeeep

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
100% CLEAN COMEDY

He'd do a thing where he'd buy domains of people he thought might be competitors and have them re-direct to his website.

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010
https://twitter.com/dannainan/status/542033022363926528

is this him or someone else?

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
I don't agree at all with the idea that "bernie would have won" provides a positive direction for the party. "Bernie lost because the DNC favored Hillary" is the same thing as "Hillary lost because of Russian hackers". It happened, but it's not the reason Bernie lost and to focus on that is to handwave away the bigger, internal reasons for his loss. After all, there's no way a new guy with less name recognition running to the left of Hillary could have beat her in a primary, right???

Progressives can sell leftist populism to whites but they need to work on connecting with nonwhite Dems to get anywhere on a national level. Bernie failed to do this which is why he "could have won" but lost to hillary loving clinton instead

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

The Kingfish posted:

Dan Nainan Stand Up Comedy for 1800 People!

Nainan just did his impression of Bill Clinton calling Hillary an overbearing overweight obnoxious publicity hound

E: now he's doing his impression of Jessie Jackson race baiting.

The Kingfish has issued a correction as of 22:04 on Jan 2, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010

pretty sure it's not just someone linked in that chat which is hilarious

• Locked thread