Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer

Nonsense posted:

Laura Perry
3 hours ago
I don't watch television so I had never seen the Bernie Sanders ad until now. I think it's immensely offensive: there must be several hundred people shown in this ad, and I see four fleeting images of African-American faces and one possibly Asian-American. His America is definitely not mine, and I wouldn't want to live in his.

For what it's worth, I'm an over-60 white female Democrat, and I have spent all but one year of my life living in cities. The one year I tried living in the country, I felt I was living in Ghostville: all I could see were middle class white faces. So I fled back to MY America, where I see and live with all manner of colors and classes, people of poverty and people with Ph.D.s; Jews, Christians, Muslims, Black Muslims, Hindus and people of no faith.

"People of Poverty" is such a uniquely horrific turn of phrase I feel like Laura Penny is actually a clinton pseudonym.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

HiHo ChiRho posted:

I may have missed this, but here's a little dissection of the campaign ads from the election and how they fared:

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/30/upshot/the-campaign-ads-that-moved-people-the-most.html?_r=0

that was a cool ad

furthermore bernie would have won

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

anime was right posted:

ok who here is rs_benedict lol

We are all rs_benedict

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Error 404 posted:

We are all rs_benedict

I'm not.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Aurubin posted:

Down I think. I think I read that in Politico postmortem. Latinos in Arizona broke harder for Trump than Romney, and nobody voted in PA and Milwaukee.

Also 100k less voters in Milwaukee and 40000 less voters in Detroit

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

the figures in genesee county michigan the republicans literally poisoned the water in Flint, were awful as well, with at least 30k lower turnout then 2012

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Zikan posted:

the figures in genesee county michigan the republicans literally poisoned the water in Flint, were awful as well, with at least 30k lower turnout then 2012

remember when bernie went to flint michigan to listen to the people affected by the water crisis there.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

anime was right posted:

remember when bernie went to flint michigan to listen to the people affected by the water crisis there.

No bit i remember when hillary showed up with some bottled water because SHE GETS THINGS DONE

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977

Zikan posted:

Flint is a black city too, it's also a city that used to have manufacturing before NAFTA, and saw its citizens get thrown in jail for weed under the Clinton crime bill, and watched their social safety net dissolve under "welfare reform" that made sure people had "skin in the game". :eng101:

Michael Moore is also from Flint which is probably related to why he knew Trump could/would win.

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
I spent 18 years living in Michigan and got to see in real time people go from posting Bernie stuff on FB to not posting anything/posting Anti-Clinton stuff/posting Trump stuff.

Bernie
Would
Have
Won.

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

- The Chief
My it's busy in the 7-11 today! More chips! We have more chips in the back room, just a minute there boys...

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Ace of Baes posted:

I spent 18 years living in Michigan and got to see in real time people go from posting Bernie stuff on FB to not posting anything/posting Anti-Clinton stuff/posting Trump stuff.

Bernie
Would
Have
Won.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKeYbEOSqYc

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
clintion is BAD AS gently caress bad and not bad in a good way just legitimate awful

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
shame on u if you donated your time or money or phonebanked for crooked hillary

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
and triple dumbass on u if you did so during the rigged primary

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Nonsense posted:

Laura Perry
3 hours ago
I don't watch television so I had never seen the Bernie Sanders ad until now. I think it's immensely offensive: there must be several hundred people shown in this ad, and I see four fleeting images of African-American faces and one possibly Asian-American. His America is definitely not mine, and I wouldn't want to live in his.

For what it's worth, I'm an over-60 white female Democrat, and I have spent all but one year of my life living in cities. The one year I tried living in the country, I felt I was living in Ghostville: all I could see were middle class white faces. So I fled back to MY America, where I see and live with all manner of colors and classes, people of poverty and people with Ph.D.s; Jews, Christians, Muslims, Black Muslims, Hindus and people of no faith.

So basicaly some white lady is pissed because a commercial doesnt show every consevable racial/ethnic/religious group under the sun. They want politics to APPEAR diverse instead of actually helping everyone.

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
Whenever a neoliberal accuses class issues of ignoring race, gently remind them;

"In absolute terms, the median white household had $111,146 in wealth holdings in 2011, compared to $7,113 for the median black household and $8,348 for the median Latino household. (All figures come from the U.S. Census Bureau Survey of Income and Program Participation.) This is what is called the racial wealth gap."

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
if bernie was about diversity why were there no CEOs in that ad??

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

anime was right posted:

you joke but there were pages and pages of this garbage during the primaries

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
I can't believe Bernie Sanders ad consisting of people from Iowa and New Hampshire didn't have more black people.

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

we can't have people in our ads anymore, obviously we need to go full on postmodernism like this classic during 2008

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0rZdAB4V_j8

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
bernie would have lost florida

but he would have won

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

https://twitter.com/crushingbort/status/815343113027911680

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

https://twitter.com/_JohnMiller___/status/815631714282258432

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
lol

https://twitter.com/isikbreen/status/815292876477206528

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Nonsense posted:

Laura Perry
3 hours ago

Laura Perry is the one that put salmon in the fish tacos

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

laura perry dfoesnt even own a tv

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
When they said get things done, I didn't know they meant by handing the federal government to the republicans. ZOINKS!

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

This is strong evidence at how bad I am at interpreting images because it took me like 5 minutes

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Ahh, Wonkette, which ran the hot take during the election that rape should be forgiven.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

We still make fun of Dan Quayle. You don't get to lose to trump and be forgotten.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Lord of Pie posted:

Laura Perry is the one that put salmon in the fish tacos

Sal-mon!

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Ace of Baes posted:

When they said get things done, I didn't know they meant by handing the federal government to the republicans. ZOINKS!

Yeah that was totally Perez's fault

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
crooked hillary will go down in history as revied by every rational person in the world

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

Joementum posted:

Ahh, Wonkette, which ran the hot take during the election that rape should be forgiven.

i remember wonkette being decent 06-08ish but when I looked at it a few years ago I saw my little pony memes on the front page. did it really all go to poo poo when ana marie cox and the other editor left?

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

anime was right posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

the fact that hillary managed to actually lose to trump just means that she doesn't have a soul to sell to the devil

• Locked thread