Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
The only things Snyder has killed are the red hue levels in film and the free-weights.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

teagone posted:

New Wonder Woman photo

If you photograph someone running at just the right part of their stride it can look like they're running backwards.

haitfais
Aug 7, 2005

I am offended by your ham, sir.

Lobok posted:

If you photograph someone running at just the right part of their stride it can look like they're running backwards.

Goddamnit, now I can't see it any other way.

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

Lobok posted:

poo poo

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

It's so weird how I can't picture her running forward after having read that now.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Lobok posted:

God drat you :negative:

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro

Jamesman posted:

She's a bit of a clueless jerk and says/does a lot of dumb poo poo. It's kinda weird that she gets away with being such a grating person when she seems like such a replaceable person in Hollywood.

To some people, this behavior comes across as unpretentious and endearing.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Rough Lobster posted:

To some people, this behavior comes across as unpretentious and endearing.

but then she does things like mock a hearing impaired journalist or other assorted poo poo and it's clear that she's just actually a terrible person

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Wait are you talking about the Golden Globes thing and also getting nearly every detail wrong?

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Ben Affleck sure sounds like he's gung-ho for that solo Batman film that is supposed to have Deathstroke as the main villain:

quote:

But on New Year’s Day, Britain’s The Guardian released an interview ahead of the U.K. opening of “Live By Night” that made the project sound much more iffy. “That’s the idea,” he told The Guardian. “But it’s not a set thing and there’s no script. If it doesn’t come together in a way I think is really great I’m not going to do it.”

http://variety.com/2017/film/news/ben-affleck-the-batman-1201950971/

It's a little odd to me because I would assume that everything would be signed by now contract-wise but he's acting like he has the ability to bail.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

FlamingLiberal posted:

Ben Affleck sure sounds like he's gung-ho for that solo Batman film that is supposed to have Deathstroke as the main villain:

http://variety.com/2017/film/news/ben-affleck-the-batman-1201950971/

It's a little odd to me because I would assume that everything would be signed by now contract-wise but he's acting like he has the ability to bail.

Maybe he has script veto power?

Or lol at him leaving before JLA is released.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

He's supposed to direct too, no? Directors bail post contract all the time.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Maybe he's trying to say that he'll walk if WB shoves another lovely Ayer script into production. Or that he won't take exec meddling.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
So I finally got around to trying to watch Civil War and, after three shots, keep finding myself just glassing over and tuning out. I enjoy the Marvel movies and even liked Avengers 2 but, for the life of me, I can't engage with this one. It's nothing but action sequences. I never really feel the stakes or get any sense of tension. Maybe I miss Hulk but I know why they left him and Thor out.

I dunno. Maybe I just haven't been in the right mood.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I feel like for its length there aren't actually that many action sequences. There's like four?

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
There's the fight with Crossbones and his gang at the start, there's the car chase sequence with Cap, Falcon, Bucky and T'Challa, there's Bucky escaping after Zemo mind controls him, there's the airport fight, and there's the fight at the end in Siberia. So there's five.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Yeah in my head I merged the second and third.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

BiggerBoat posted:

So I finally got around to trying to watch Civil War and, after three shots, keep finding myself just glassing over and tuning out. I enjoy the Marvel movies and even liked Avengers 2 but, for the life of me, I can't engage with this one. It's nothing but action sequences. I never really feel the stakes or get any sense of tension. Maybe I miss Hulk but I know why they left him and Thor out.

I dunno. Maybe I just haven't been in the right mood.

Maybe Avengers 2 gave you brain damage.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Wheat Loaf posted:

There's the fight with Crossbones and his gang at the start, there's the car chase sequence with Cap, Falcon, Bucky and T'Challa, there's Bucky escaping after Zemo mind controls him, there's the airport fight, and there's the fight at the end in Siberia. So there's five.

Does that include the apartment/stairwell fight with Cap and Bucky versus the cops? I forget if that is the beginning of a larger sequence like the car chase.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Aphrodite posted:

Maybe Avengers 2 gave you brain damage.

It did that to all of us.

Lobok posted:

Does that include the apartment/stairwell fight with Cap and Bucky versus the cops? I forget if that is the beginning of a larger sequence like the car chase.

That fight directly leads into the car chase sequence so I figure it counts as one.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

There are only five fights but some of them are multistage

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Taerkar posted:

There are only five fights but some of them are multistage

It's like in Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation. The underwater theft, car chase, and bike chase are back-to-back-to-back. It doesn't let up between Hunt dropping into the water and him wiping out on the motorcycle.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
Disney Fanclub posted a short synopsis for Thor: Ragnarok. It looks like Doctor Strange will have a fairly significant role in the movie.

quote:

Thor: Ragnarok in November brings together Thor, the Hulk, and Doctor Strange to face off against intergalactic enemies both familiar and new.

Feige says that Thor 3 will be the first example of how they plan to do movies after Infinity War: "Unexpected Team-ups and intimate character stories."

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Unexpected team ups sounds awesome.

"Ant-Man and Doctor Strange end up taking a piss at the same time and must team up to fight magical intelligent mold from the 87th dimension!"

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Feige says that Thor 3 will be the first example of how they plan to do movies after Infinity War: "Unexpected Team-ups and intimate character stories."
Good. It's exactly the kind of thing a shared universe can do really well.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Rhyno posted:

Unexpected team ups sounds awesome.

"Ant-Man and Doctor Strange end up taking a piss at the same time and must team up to fight magical intelligent mold from the 87th dimension!"

"T'Challa goes to New York. Spider-man and Cap get in a fisticuffs trying to decide which pizzeria to take him to until the three team up to stop a Symbiote-Infused Pepe Pandolini"

assuming they finally get the FF rights

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

T'Challa wants to see if his vibranium claws can cut through Hulk's skin. They do but Hulk's skin seals back up instantly.

*scratch*
"Quit it."
*scratch*
"Quit it."

*about to scratch*
*Hulk looks over*
*scratch*
"RRRAA--"
*Panther bolts*

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Sounds like a Defenders movie, if you think of Thor as a close enough substitute for Valkyrie. Too drat bad they can't throw Silver Surfer in there.

I'd love it if Hulk ends up in the movie because they adapt a reversal of the Surfer/Beta Ray Bill plot from Planet Hulk and have him show up kidnapped and mind controlled for Thor to fight in a space gladiator match.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Lobok posted:

T'Challa wants to see if his vibranium claws can cut through Hulk's skin. They do but Hulk's skin seals back up instantly.

*scratch*
"Quit it."
*scratch*
"Quit it."

*about to scratch*
*Hulk looks over*
*scratch*
"RRRAA--"
*Panther bolts*

"Hulk and Groot have a really deep conversation while Steve Rogers bangs head against wall for 20 minutes."

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

WickedHate posted:

Sounds like a Defenders movie, if you think of Thor as a close enough substitute for Valkyrie. Too drat bad they can't throw Silver Surfer in there.

I'd love it if Hulk ends up in the movie because they adapt a reversal of the Surfer/Beta Ray Bill plot from Planet Hulk and have him show up kidnapped and mind controlled for Thor to fight in a space gladiator match.

Valkyrie is in Thor 3 so that can totally happen. Just need Trish Walker to become Hellcat.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
I caught Spider-Man 2 on television today and the train sequence still holds up to me. That's a fun movie. The big where he loses his powers is incredibly hokey, but I still liked watching it. McGuire gets more flack than I think he deserves. The Osborne stuff sucks though.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I saw it again a month ago, and James Franco was honestly the one giving the worst performance in that movie.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Captain marvel and the wasp kthx

*ahem plus black widow plus gamora for a-force *

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

SonicRulez posted:

I caught Spider-Man 2 on television today and the train sequence still holds up to me. That's a fun movie. The big where he loses his powers is incredibly hokey, but I still liked watching it. McGuire gets more flack than I think he deserves. The Osborne stuff sucks though.

I am a HUGE sucker for "hero still being a hero when he doesn't have his powers" stuff, so that worked for me.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Bruceski posted:

I am a HUGE sucker for "hero still being a hero when he doesn't have his powers" stuff, so that worked for me.

Yeah, I admit that is one of my favorite things. Few moments come across as outstandingly heroic as someone who is left 'normal' and yet doesn't change an iota.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
That's not at all what happens in Spider-man 2 though? He stops trying and is temporarily happy. He didn't do any heroics again until MJ is kidnapped.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

greatn posted:

That's not at all what happens in Spider-man 2 though? He stops trying and is temporarily happy. He didn't do any heroics again until MJ is kidnapped.

We see him ignore the cops flying by, and the dude getting mugged, but then he saves the kid from the burning building (but he hears about someone else who died that he probably could have saved had he been Spider-Man). It's part of what makes him realize he can't not be Spider-Man anymore and sets up the scene in the cafe where he rejects MJ again, and then Dr. Octopus kidnaps her and he gets his mojo back.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Alfred Molina is great in that movie. It's one of the relatively few superhero movies that does a good job with its villain (compared to most of the MCU in any event).

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Wheat Loaf posted:

Alfred Molina is great in that movie. It's one of the relatively few superhero movies that does a good job with its villain (compared to most of the MCU in any event).

Molina's great but I dunno about the rest of that. "He's controlled by his tentacles!" is intensely lame. I much rather have had legitimately awful smug piece of poo poo Doctor Octopus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Wheat Loaf posted:

Yeah aside from the MCU the vast majority of superhero movie villains are way better than the heroes.

Excusing the Reeves Superman movies, because he's probably the best part of those, you've got Jack Nicholson, Danny DeVito and Michelle Pfeiffer in the Batman movies, Dafoe and Molina in the Spider-Man movies, Heath Ledger in Dark Knight... Overall it's really rare for these movies to have forgettable performances for the villains. Even the lovely ones have like Arnold and Uma Thurman going full ham.

• Locked thread