Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

spacetoaster posted:

I don't think he meant it that way. She, at any time during the stream, could have told him to stop/leave/whatever. But she, for whatever reason, decided to keep smiling and laughing about the dudes behavior.

I'm pretty sure the reason was that she, like a lot of people, likes money.

I do get how that makes any sense?

Somehow him behaving like that and her doing nothing about it equals she gets more money?

/me is confused.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Kosumo posted:

Somehow him behaving like that and her doing nothing about it equals she gets more money?

/me is confused.

You know how that scene in last tango in paris was really well-acted to the extent where it makes everyone uncomfortable? Turns out there was a bit of a secret...

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

spacetoaster posted:

How are the Canadian police going to get all their horses in the building?

They knock on the door and politely ask if they can bring their horses in?

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Kosumo posted:

/me is confused.

I never heard of her till WTFosaurus.

A cursory look at her website is nothing but sexy photos of her dressed as videogame characters, comic book characters, movie characters, lingerie, etc with the camera pointed directly at her cleavage and rear end.

She obviously makes money off of male traffic on her channels/sites. Specifically nerdy males.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Hav posted:

Turns out there was a bit of a secret...

It's not butter?

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Hav posted:

You know how that scene in last tango in paris was really well-acted to the extent where it makes everyone uncomfortable? Turns out there was a bit of a secret...

Woah, that's hosed up.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Acquilae posted:

:barf:

what does the WTFO pickup manual say about her body language?

step one on your path to puadom is understanding that women aren't separate beings in their own right so anything they say is not worth listening to unless it directly leads to the sex that as a man you deserve from them.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

spacetoaster posted:

It's not butter?

The scene wasn't in the script and she didn't find out about it until right before they shot it. Also, no one told her about the butter because they wanted her to actually feel humiliated by it so her reaction would be natural. Those are real tears.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
LOL that the CIG Community Manager has two jobs.

Wait, no I'm not. That's lovely as gently caress. What the gently caress is wrong with this company?

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

spacetoaster posted:

Who could resist the POWER and the PASSION of a CONFIDENT ALPHA MALE?!?!?!

That rabbit hole is.... disgusting. Holy gently caress.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I think someone cleaned them out afterwards. You can see that some of them were still around. I guess whoever is paying him didn't appreciate me mentioning how five years of development means the "first iteration" argument was bullshit.

Well, you expect a Citizenry Shill to allow reality to bother them?

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

Kosumo posted:

/me is confused.

I don't get it either. I think maybe because it would've looked bad. I mean it really does look bad, but some people try to ignore or play off the complete drunk elephant in the room. Anybody who has been in a bar has encountered a person like that, you most likely not know the guy/gal but just joins in the conversation, he/she's completely lit up and acting like an rear end in a top hat racist or trying to grope something, or any manner of things that he/she will probably have no knowledge of.

The trouble is, this isn't a bar, it's a livestream, and this guy had no plan to have a buzz, he was piss drunk well before this stupid D & D thing was going on, and I remember when she did actually did something and told him to stop talking so she could finish talking to the stream, he took it like a piss drunk guy and couldn't believe he got shushed and did that drunk passive aggressive poo poo.

spacetoaster posted:

I never heard of her till WTFosaurus.

A cursory look at her website is nothing but sexy photos of her dressed as videogame characters, comic book characters, movie characters, lingerie, etc with the camera pointed directly at her cleavage and rear end.

She obviously makes money off of male traffic on her channels/sites. Specifically nerdy males.

See okay, you say that, but I know you don't mean it, but it sounds like that tired old "Well, she does post pictures like that, so if somebody grabs her, she might as well be asking for it/that's what you expect.", and that's a pretty dangerous line of thinking.

You can still respect someone's personal space even with that knowledge in your head.

Fargin Icehole fucked around with this message at 06:23 on Jan 3, 2017

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I think it's pretty telling that Star Citizen is so devoid of content that this thread can spend a full day talking about how creepy that guy was on a livestream that had nothing to do with SC. Granted that this guy is one of the most visible ambassadors for the game, and has displayed a level of tolerance for this poo poo gameplay that most people would associate with a paid job, but if this phenomena wasn't less about personalities and was about gameplay we wouldn't care.

Of course the phenomena reflects the product.

Well, he was REALLY that creepy. So creepy.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Booourns posted:

Might also be that this thread is so obsessed with SC that you'll look for anything, anything at all to talk about to the point that people are doxxing random SC streamers

Not really. When CIG shows us they CHOOSE to be associated with highly questionable people (like say, highly questionable FAT people) and take no action, we can't do anything BUT include it in the whole experience.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Samizdata posted:

Well, you expect a Citizenry Shill to allow reality to bother them?

I expect them to do whatever it takes to prolong the illusion that CIG is a competent institution that is well on its way towards delivering Star Citizen. Since that's their job, and it's apparently the only group affiliated with CIG that actually gets results.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
It's almost like it's hard for women to be confrontational even when someone has crossed the hell out of a line in a society where a woman being confrontational is punished in a myriad of different ways. She probably let one thing go, thinking "They'll think I'm a bitch, and he's drunk anyway, it's just one thing." And then more and more things happened until she slow-boil-frogged into a spot where someone felt like they should physically throw his rear end out.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Huh. I just realized that for a brief moment in time TheStacyRoy actually followed me on Twitter. Apparently she came to her senses and stopped but I wonder why.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

So, uh, how about that Jared guy? What's up with him anyway? I can't tell if he likes working at GIG or not half the time.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Fargin Icehole posted:

See okay, you say that, but I know you don't mean it, but it sounds like that tired old "Well, she does post pictures like that, so if somebody grabs her, she might as well be asking for it/that's what you expect.", and that's a pretty dangerous line of thinking.

You can still respect someone's personal space even with that knowledge in your head.

I'm just trying to rationalize in my brain why she (and everyone else) put up with what he was doing during the live stream.

I think she didn't karate chop him to his face because her streams make her money and she didn't want to ruin that evenings show.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

spacetoaster posted:

I'm just trying to rationalize in my brain why she (and everyone else) put up with what he was doing during the live stream.

I think she didn't karate chop him to his face because her streams make her money and she didn't want to ruin that evenings show.

Midnight Voyager posted:

It's almost like it's hard for women to be confrontational even when someone has crossed the hell out of a line in a society where a woman being confrontational is punished in a myriad of different ways.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

Regrettable posted:

Midnight Voyager posted:

It's almost like it's hard for women to be confrontational even when someone has crossed the hell out of a line in a society where a woman being confrontational is punished in a myriad of different ways. She probably let one thing go, thinking "They'll think I'm a bitch, and he's drunk anyway, it's just one thing." And then more and more things happened until she slow-boil-frogged into a spot where someone felt like they should physically throw his rear end out.

Regrettable.

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Huh. I just realized that for a brief moment in time TheStacyRoy actually followed me on Twitter. Apparently she came to her senses and stopped but I wonder why.

You don't have a cool dogge with space goggles.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

The real question is why didn't one of the dudes there pull him out? Like literally take him outside and leave?

Do non-drunk, or tipsy, guys not know how to deal with drunk assholes anymore? Or was his ROCKSTAR SEDUCTION GAME too strong?

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I was surprised to find out that she's streamed Star Citizen before too.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

ripptide posted:

You don't have a cool dogge with space goggles.

True. My only commodity is my ridiculously cute daughter, and I really don't think the contrast of profanity-laden salt and IRL Cindy Lou Who would work.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

spacetoaster posted:

The real question is why didn't one of the dudes there pull him out? Like literally take him outside and leave?

Do non-drunk, or tipsy, guys not know how to deal with drunk assholes anymore? Or was his ROCKSTAR SEDUCTION GAME too strong?

Clearly they were beta males.

The Saddest Robot
Apr 17, 2007

Midnight Voyager posted:

The solution is to buy more Star Citizen starships.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

spacetoaster posted:

I was surprised to find out that she's streamed Star Citizen before too.

This was a huge issue for me during the stream. Also, I might have been the only person in the chat saying he should leave her the gently caress alone.

The Saddest Robot
Apr 17, 2007

Regrettable posted:

This was a huge issue for me during the stream. Also, I might have been the only person in the chat saying he should leave her the gently caress alone.

Yeah. It seemed like most of the chat was cheering him on.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

spacetoaster posted:

Internet people would've accused them of being white knights and the real sexists (because if it were a problem she would've said something herself) which is much worse than just sitting there and hoping someone else takes care of it.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/5lo7oh/full_article_from_pc_games_about_star_citizen/

:captainpop:

Financial information about CIG's US entities (or some of it) is publicly available apparently, due them failing to file form 1023 (whatever that is).

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

The Saddest Robot posted:

Yeah. It seemed like most of the chat was cheering him on.

Probably because they wanted to be in his place.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

so I googled doxxed "star citizen lgbt thread" and came up with this lovely top result.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Regrettable posted:

Well, It's over (and her game did get ruined).

So are we crazy, or is Star Citizen attracting a crazy level of creepy people?

Ben, Wulf, rape dude, wtfosaurus are certainly NOT the only ones. There were a lot of replies in the threads about rape, women's orgs, etc.

Beer has said, numerous times, that CIG has fostered the most toxic community ever http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3772600&pagenumber=8&perpage=40#post458831324 (one of my many gold threads :smuggo: )

quote:

Ben Lesnick is the original community manager for Cloud Imperium Games. He is the face of the company, with more on-screen time on a weekly basis than anyone including Chris Roberts and his wife Sandi (who is also the head of marketing). He is personally responsible for creating one of the most toxic, cult-like, insular gaming communities on the planet. A community that aggressively attacks anyone who disagrees with their perspective that Star Citizen is the greatest game ever made. It doesn't matter if that person is new to the game, has been around for years and grown disillusioned, or a beloved web personality who is also a victim of cancer. Ben currently listed as a game developer, the director of community engagement, and also the director of starships. During his time at Cloud Imperium Games he has developed a reputation for habitually lying, particularly when doing so opens up the possibility of escaping controversy. We see the same behavior now as he tries to pass off a lie that is easily disproved. There is little reason to believe that the person he was in 2008 is significantly different from the person he is in 2016. His words certainly hold no bearing, except to validate that the statements are his.

Is this true? Are we seeing the fruits of really bad community management? I honestly can't think of any other game that has had so much garbage.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Quavers posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/5lo7oh/full_article_from_pc_games_about_star_citizen/

:captainpop:

Financial information about CIG's US entities (or some of it) is publicly available apparently, due them failing to file form 1023 (whatever that is).

Sounds like something that would be fun to read.

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Clearly they were beta males.

He seems very clearly an Alpha male ...... as in like CiG pre-pre-alpha demo.

He seems as broke as Star Citizen's pre-alpha and that kind of really sad.

Please CiG return and bless us with a new gently caress up to move us on.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

spacetoaster posted:

Is this true? Are we seeing the fruits of really bad community management? I honestly can't think of any other game that has had so much garbage.
It's simply the one with the most open development.

Gravity_Storm
Mar 1, 2016

Its a sad bunch of characters that are associated with this dumpster fire of a game. They deserve each other.

WTFO just went full retard.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

http://i.imgur.com/yDFtXsI.gifv

ty daz

Raskolnikov fucked around with this message at 07:42 on Jan 3, 2017

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

Gravity_Storm posted:

Its a sad bunch of characters that are associated with this dumpster fire of a game. They deserve each other.

WTFO just went full retard.

Source your quotes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Apparently she came to her senses and stopped but I wonder why.

YERZ DED ORKY ON TWITTER