Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Obscil
Feb 28, 2012

PLEASE LIKE ME!
Side with the "assassins". I can't stand Kila.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe
gently caress Kila, go meet the god king and get this poo poo over with as quick as possible.

GirlCalledBob
Jul 17, 2013
'The deaths have to be caused by the ritual because they happened at the same time every day and we know the ritual happened once a day at this specific time'

'I dunno maybe time moves different here so one hour can pass here and it's one day in our world'

Then wouldn't the Midnight Deaths actually be the 'Oh gently caress, someone is dying literally every hour what the gently caress is happening' deaths? For gently caress's sake, you can't even keep the same logic for a single scene? Either you have your one-to-one but out of sync times so they can do the ritual in the middle of the day and we still get Midnight Deaths because Persona ripoff, or you can have your standard sci-fi 'time moves differently here', but you can't have both!

I don't know why I expected better from this game. Well, I didn't, really, but this kind of lovely writing still pisses me off. The only reason it's like this is so these two chucklefucks could be whisked away after hearing about self insert pop idol's death so they can moan about it for the rest of the game and make Klace feel important.

Oh, and I vote Get the hell away from Kila, because squirrels are my favourite animal and he offends me.

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot
Boy for something so esoteric, there are a LOT of people following this LP.

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.

Three-Phase posted:

Boy for something so esoteric, there are a LOT of people following this LP.

Nothing brings people together like shared suffering.

Maple Leaf
Aug 24, 2010

Let'en my post flyen true
Can we just vote to kill ourselves? Compared to the other two options, that one seems pretty tempting.

RA Rx
Mar 24, 2016

Just looking at the boy-next-door blue squirrel makes me angry. It's somehow worse than the more sexualized pictures.
assassins

Plus the God-King sounds like he might be minimally likeable if you overlook the fathomless depths of his political failures.

RA Rx fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Jan 3, 2017

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
I vote for Righty- sure, Kila's eye searing, but Righty balances things out, and I'd rather we spend time with one eyesore and one tolerably-designed character instead of two neon sparkledogs.

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

Stick with Righty, because I like bears and he's probably my favourite character design among a whole lot of crap.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Seeing as Righty looks to be actually competent enough to kill us if he wants to and he's managed the only funny joke in this game, I say we go with Smokey and the Bandit sidekick.

Seyser Koze
Dec 15, 2013

Mucho Mucho
Nap Ghost
Sorry Righty, but you threw in with Kila, and there will have to be consequences. Assassins.

Curus Keel
Nov 8, 2011

Wandering Blue Dragon
I have a sneaking suspicion that this chapter was made around the time that people were slamming his game for being a Persona 4 ripoff en masse, so the goal of this chapter was to abandon that ship and move on to some other ripoff plot thread,

Anyway, let's go with Righty. Kila might be a pain, but I seriously cannot stand how poor these assassins are at, well, everything.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
You know, if the immortal king wants to gently caress over this world, it's not like there's anything or anyone worth saving.

Go with the Useless Asses

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

GeneX posted:

You know, if the immortal king wants to gently caress over this world, it's not like there's anything or anyone worth saving.

Go with the Useless Asses

Again, this doesn't specify which pair you're voting for

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Again, this doesn't specify which pair you're voting for

I mean the two with rear end in their titles, but you're right

Mechanical Ape
Aug 7, 2007

But yes, occasionally I am known to smash.
Velasquez has been king for like five hundred years, right? If he were a tyrant I think it would be apparent to people by now. If he has a nefarious scheme, I want to know why he's just now getting around to it.

Anyway, pick the team Kila is not on.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!
Whichever one gets Rabies closer to the Power Crystals.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Fish Noise posted:

Whichever one gets Rabies closer to the Power Crystals. sweet release of death.

This is my vote.

Regarding earlier questions of "if people will shell out money for anything, why not have some pride in your work" - taking your time to do a good job is far less profitable than churning out absolute poo poo a mile a minute. When quality is not a metric on your income, quantity becomes the sole limiting factor.

That doesn't forgive this game, which had plenty of time to not suck and squandered it.

Curus Keel
Nov 8, 2011

Wandering Blue Dragon
You should see the physical release planned for this game. Sure, why not throw half transparent hyenas on the cover, they blend perfectly fine against the other art. :barf:

And, well, his next uncreatively named game's getting a cameo YCH slot. It's already at $210 in the auction, because there's literally nothing else more valuable than a small role in a visual novel that's probably going to be savaged as soon as it comes out. Also, I'm lying through my teeth.

Curus Keel fucked around with this message at 09:26 on Jan 3, 2017

Soup Inspector
Jun 5, 2013
I say we go for the inept assassins, because saying "gently caress you, Kila" by doing the exact opposite of whatever he wants should be all the reason we need. :colbert:

Crazy Ferret
May 11, 2007

Welp
The continuing antics of the worst assassins is probably...good. Lets go with them. Also, less Kila time is the best time.

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

It's only forever, not long at all

Curus Keel posted:

You should see the physical release planned for this game. Sure, why not throw half transparent hyenas on the cover, they blend perfectly fine against the other art. :barf:

And, well, his next uncreatively named game's getting a cameo YCH slot. It's already at $210 in the auction, because there's literally nothing else more valuable than a small role in a visual novel that's probably going to be savaged as soon as it comes out. Also, I'm lying through my teeth.

To be fair, this isn't any different then those kickstarters that do pretty much the same thing. Generally at a much higher price. 2k or more in some cases.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

RearmingStrafbomber posted:

A year ago I dug through the files as pulled directly from Steam, it does include around 800MB of default tutorial RPG Maker game, nearly unedited. One file had been modified.

Of fuckin course it's her. Now I'm surprised she wasn't in the final game.

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

Go with Righty, he's better at stealth than the assassins, he gets better results, and with him there's a greater chance we can see Tiger Trump sooner. I figure the sooner we get to Tiger Trump the sooner we can usher in 1000 years of darkness.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."
Team Not Kila.

Mechanical Ape
Aug 7, 2007

Soup Inspector posted:

I say we go for the inept assassins, because saying "gently caress you, Kila" by doing the exact opposite of whatever he wants should be all the reason we need. :colbert:
It's also a chance to say "gently caress you, Klace" because the author clearly intends Good Guy Bear and Best Buddy Squirrel to be the "right" choice. Well, gently caress that noise.

I'm half expecting this to be a fake choice and that we can't go with Wolfencrantz and Guildenwolf even if we pick them.

Mechanical Ape fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Jan 3, 2017

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

Mechanical Ape posted:

It's also a chance to say "gently caress you, Klace" because the author clearly intends Good Guy Bear and Best Buddy Squirrel to be the "right" choice. Well, gently caress that noise.
Precisely what I'm thinking, so let's go with the most incompetent assassins of all time.

Metaligatr
Mar 10, 2013

Khajit was up all night to get lucky.
This game is incredibly bad but the fanart is incredibly good. :allears:

Anyway I wish you could have a team with smokey bear and hot topic lion because they're the least visually offensive of the four, but as it is I'm going to vote for the team Kila isn't on. Even if it means having to deal with popsicle wolf.

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot

Anoia posted:

Team Not Kila.

We're going to need a "gang tag".

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

My antenna is telling me that you're probably wrong about this.
Soiled Meat
Popsicle Wolf is as nothing compared to the blue nightmare that is Kila.

Please people, as you're voting, do try and be responsible and mindful of how annoying Kila is, how abrupt and obnoxious it was that he found his way to this completely different planet just as we thought we were done with him, and how he will continue pestering us presumably forever with his dumb nonsense.

I know that brightly colored assassins who never kill anyone and are bad at everything are annoying. I understand where you're coming from. But try and keep some perspective. Kila is The Worst, whereas those two assassins are merely Very Bad.

This decision is meaningless, isn't it? It's just a rep +1 with the bear or something? Are there any real branching paths in this game? Have we any real chance of escaping Kila?

Mechanical Ape
Aug 7, 2007

So ... Rabies can jump dimensions at will, and every time he does, he leaves a Rabies corpse behind.

I can think of some really great practical jokes.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."
Pairing the most tolerable character with the least is amazingly cruel, I gotta say. If Klace had any writing skill at all I'd call it calculated.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

I'm gonna bet that somewhere, somehow, Righty's character is going to get murdered by Klace's writing and we're gonna wish we'd stuck with the assassins if we pick his side.

Madtrixr
Nov 27, 2010

As much as I don't hate Righty, and really hate Dumb and Dumber: Assassin Edition, I probably hate Kila the most of all so I have to throw in with Goth Idiot Lion and The Blue Belt Covered Clusterfuck

If we're lucky maybe Kila will end up dying incidentally and we'll be free to piss on his grave when Klace means for us to cry, and at WORST we at least flip him the bird on this because gently caress That Dude Seriously.

Also yeah if Velasquez has a plan to all of this, I wanna hear it. It's probably really stupid.

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.
Amidst all the voting, we seem to have overlooked one glorious thing.
:golfclap: Basically :majorminor: right there.

geri_khan
May 16, 2009

Fucking blocks... I'm gonna climb the shit outta you!
Let's go with Righty. He's easily the most competent character, and that's saying something considering he comes off a complete conspiracy theorist. :tinfoil:

Other people seem to be counting him out because of some kind of awful blue squirrel? I don't know what you guys are taking about. I haven't noticed such a thing anywhere.

:byodood:YOUCAN'TTELLMEOTHERWISEYOUCAN'TTELLMEOTHERWISEYOUCAN'TTELLMEOTHERWISEYOUCAN'TTELLMEOTHERWISEOHGODTHEPAINYOUCAN'TTELLMEOTHERWISEYOUCAN'TTELLMEOTHERWISE:byodood:

Metaligatr
Mar 10, 2013

Khajit was up all night to get lucky.

Meh. :effort:

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

*snrrrkrkkk*

Blarghalt
May 19, 2010

This thread keeps on delivering. :shittypop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

geri_khan posted:

Let's go with Righty. He's easily the most competent character, and that's saying something considering he comes off a complete conspiracy theorist. :tinfoil:

Other people seem to be counting him out because of some kind of awful blue squirrel? I don't know what you guys are taking about. I haven't noticed such a thing anywhere.

:byodood:YOUCAN'TTELLMEOTHERWISEYOUCAN'TTELLMEOTHERWISEYOUCAN'TTELLMEOTHERWISEYOUCAN'TTELLMEOTHERWISEOHGODTHEPAINYOUCAN'TTELLMEOTHERWISEYOUCAN'TTELLMEOTHERWISE:byodood:

If we do go with Righty I imagine you'll find the updates increasingly confusing and infuriating as he spits out more garbage and Righty applauds along with it. Trashcan won't go away just because you convince yourself he's not there after all.

This is beautiful and everything I love about the thread. :neckbeard:

• Locked thread