Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Oben posted:

No it's Emmalina.

The makeover hasn't happened yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

I'm driving with my mind!
I dare anyone not to groove to Cien's theme. He needs his Los Ingobernables. Just change Sin Cara back to Hunico and have them join up together and maybe throw in a third.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9ulYoud5Xs

Edit: This is important
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkUX_qkcvZo

AMReese fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Dec 29, 2016

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

rovert posted:

The makeover hasn't happened yet.

It's coming soon, rovert.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Details will hopefully be in the Observer but NXT is going under a major rethink/crisis of confidence. They are acutely aware of the complaints about the product and there's people in NXT who think the low drawing touring is hurting the brand.

Shawn Michaels has meant largely nothing as trainer. Not a Dusty Rhodes replacement. They might be in the process of bringing another paternalistic figure on board.

Common sense and simple numbers but there's fears of releases early in the new year. They've a lot of trainees not working out due to either injuries or lack of progression.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
NXT Osaka is on :)

Starting with Lorcan/Almas

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

abraham linksys posted:

NXT Osaka is on :)

Starting with Lorcan/Almas
I'm looking forward to it and Rudo Almas is so good.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

rovert posted:

Details will hopefully be in the Observer but NXT is going under a major rethink/crisis of confidence. They are acutely aware of the complaints about the product and there's people in NXT who think the low drawing touring is hurting the brand.

Shawn Michaels has meant largely nothing as trainer. Not a Dusty Rhodes replacement. They might be in the process of bringing another paternalistic figure on board.

Common sense and simple numbers but there's fears of releases early in the new year. They've a lot of trainees not working out due to either injuries or lack of progression.
Wouldn't that be why they are interested in Steve Corino?

FullMetalJackoff
Feb 15, 2004

Waluigi want his fucking Amiibo

Solus posted:

BIG BOY TOURNAMENT WHEN HUNTER?

Debut of the Undisputed Hoss belt made from worn-out leather, buckles, jerky and chewing tobacco.

Frabba
May 30, 2008

Investing in chewy toy futures
That exploder owned.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
Oney won! He needed a win, I'm glad.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Almas pulling out Destino ruled

E: Its interesting seeing how different WWE Japanese crowds are compared to NJPW Japanese crowds

achillesforever6 fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Dec 29, 2016

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
Tajiri wrestling with no expression on his face is goddamn frightening.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

DarkstarIV posted:

Hey Rovert, any truth to the rumors that WWE's offers to Io and Kairi fell through, due to STARDOM one-upping their offer, along with claiming that they (Io and Kairi) wouldn't make it in the WWE due to Asuka being in NXT?

Because if so, that's really disappointing.
Rossi offered Hojo and Io much better deals to stay because they're right on the cusp of being the next biggest thing in women's wrestling as a whole. Meiko Satamura is around too but I can't imagine WWE taking a look at her

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
Tajiri always looks like he's up to something.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Solus posted:

Tajiri always looks like he's up to something.

That's because he is always up to something.

FullMetalJackoff
Feb 15, 2004

Waluigi want his fucking Amiibo

Davros1 posted:

That's because he is always up to something.

That something is looking for the nearest Waffle House.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3cntX6DBNk

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/SinghVeejay/status/814453965228122112

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Your next favorite wrestler https://twitter.com/Evie_NZ/status/814923177964933120

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Evie rules and I hope they give her a big push out of the gate.

E: Is the women's tournament thing still happening? I thought that was supposed to be taped sometime next month but haven't heard a word about it since the rumors popped up.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Benne posted:

Evie rules and I hope they give her a big push out of the gate.

E: Is the women's tournament thing still happening? I thought that was supposed to be taped sometime next month but haven't heard a word about it since the rumors popped up.

Keeps slipping. I think it will happen after Wrestlemania at this stage.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

rovert posted:

Keeps slipping. I think it will happen after Wrestlemania at this stage.

how much of this is them trying to get Shirai?

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

It's mostly the UK tournament being put together so quickly to lock whoever they can into contracts

I'm sure if Wrestlicious came back and got a TV deal they'd start making moves in that direction

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Well this is sad. Savoy probably would be reporting to NXT this week but she blew out her knee at tryouts: https://www.instagram.com/p/BOr8KUng7x-/

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

rovert posted:

Well this is sad. Savoy probably would be reporting to NXT this week but she blew out her knee at tryouts: https://www.instagram.com/p/BOr8KUng7x-/

Isn't she just coming off of an injury too?

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
The upcoming NXT taping schedule:

Thursday, Jan 5 (Full Sail)

Saturday, Jan 28 (Takeover: San Antonio)

Wednesday, Feb 1 (Full Sail)

There's doubt on whether they are doing the Arnold Classic in 2017. They announced their 2016 participation last January 28th.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
I have no idea what Takeover San Antonio is going to be beyond Nakamura/Roode. Guess this taping will set it all up, but it seems like it's gonna be a weird card.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

abraham linksys posted:

I have no idea what Takeover San Antonio is going to be beyond Nakamura/Roode. Guess this taping will set it all up, but it seems like it's gonna be a weird card.

This thread is a no spoilers zone and there's still stuff from the last Full Sail that hasn't aired yet. But what the card seems to be really sucks. I hope they blow off the pairings foreshadowed at the last taping at the taping this week and announce the "real" line up.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
we getting roode/nak and nikki/asuka right

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

TakeOvers are where the talent pulls out all the stops, so I don't really care about the pairings as long as the wrestling is good. You never know who will work together until you try it.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i just looked at the roster and the only matches i wanna see are almas vs roddy and nakamura vs tommy end. maybe revival vs diy again

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

RealFoxy posted:

Rossi offered Hojo and Io much better deals to stay because they're right on the cusp of being the next biggest thing in women's wrestling as a whole. Meiko Satamura is around too but I can't imagine WWE taking a look at her

Being the biggest thing in current Joshi means exactly nothing.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

Norwegian Rudo posted:

Being the biggest thing in current Joshi means exactly nothing.

and isn't rossy ogawa really skeevy too? i'm not too familiar with joshi but i knew one of the promotion's owners was a complete sleezelord.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

he booked YOSHIKO vs Act Yosukawa

Shawn Cotureier
Jan 21, 2009

Still better than Umberger
NXT is coming to Philly again in February

I might go, but it's likely at the Tower Theater again and who knows who will be left on the roster by then

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

The fun thing about NXT is, who knows who will debut on the NXT roster before then?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

NotQuiteQuentin posted:

and isn't rossy ogawa really skeevy too? i'm not too familiar with joshi but i knew one of the promotion's owners was a complete sleezelord.
There's rumors he's dating one of the top girls and more rumors he sleeps with more but the worst thing he did was what Oatgan said knowing there was legit heat between ACT and Yoshiko, Act weight like 100 pounds and being already very physically weak and blind in one eye.

Regardless, STARDOM is probably drawing more than a lot of indies in Japan. They're still behind NJPW, BJW, DDT Pro, and Dragon Gate but I don't think it's a stretch to say that Io Shirai and Meiko are drawing more right now than KENTA was when he was signed by the WWE

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Shawn Cotureier posted:

I might go, but it's likely at the Tower Theater again and who knows who will be left on the roster by then
You should go because live wrestling is fun

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

Shawn Cotureier posted:

just go because "man i wasted some money" is a lot better feeling than "gently caress i missed it"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
im finally watching the osaka show cause i was out of town for a few days, and god drat that diy/tozawa & tajiri match owned so much

• Locked thread