Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...
Someone told me wushu launched yet another US server for whatever loving reason

Top inner list only has 90 character names lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

You think this is a game?
The game now is literally Rebellion standing on top of the burning garbage pile throwing money into it going "WE WIN".

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...
Sounds like a game that deserves a sequel tbh

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

Did you read that sister?
Yes, truly a shitposter's post. I read it, Rem.

Haquer posted:

Someone told me wushu launched yet another US server for whatever loving reason

Top inner list only has 90 character names lmao

On paper it's not a bad idea. Every time a new expansion comes out, start a new server with limited caps so people who are new to the game can play the game and hit those caps, be relevant, and then eventually merge it together with the pre-existing server. Rather than just dumping everyone on the same server with people that are like 70 internals higher than you and will just kick your rear end 24/7.

Of course this only works if you've still got people playing the primary server. I'm actually curious though, how does the population look like for Age Of Wulin?

Ded

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

SweetBro posted:

On paper it's not a bad idea. Every time a new expansion comes out, start a new server with limited caps so people who are new to the game can play the game and hit those caps, be relevant, and then eventually merge it together with the pre-existing server. Rather than just dumping everyone on the same server with people that are like 70 internals higher than you and will just kick your rear end 24/7.

Of course this only works if you've still got people playing the primary server. I'm actually curious though, how does the population look like for Age Of Wulin?

Ded

Basically every wushu that isn't in .cn is dead as gently caress

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

Haquer posted:

Basically every wushu that isn't in .cn is dead as gently caress

Gone are they days of going dickless for powa

Almond Crunch
Oct 29, 2005
God-damn tasty..

SweetBro posted:

You know, I'm wondering the same thing. I just finished Tale of Wuxia for the umpteenth time, and I saw this linked on one of the forum posts.Though from my understanding it doesn't have any "Collect the martial arts from all over the world" aspect to it, and it has some sort of pseudo-pokemon battle mechanic where you capture monsters to be your "guardians".

is tale of wuxia worth my time? i am an obsessive magpie and the idea of collecting martial arts sounds cool

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

Almond Crunch posted:

is tale of wuxia worth my time? i am an obsessive magpie and the idea of collecting martial arts sounds cool

I read an LP of it that seemed kinda neat, but the game seemed very obtuse. Like, to get some martial arts you needed to catch a bunch of fish of a certain variety during a certain part of the story. It was weird.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

Haroshia posted:

I read an LP of it that seemed kinda neat, but the game seemed very obtuse. Like, to get some martial arts you needed to catch a bunch of fish of a certain variety during a certain part of the story. It was weird.

I mean remembering that AoW involved random people running up to you to try and extort you into buying fruitcake we have a skewed sense of what weird is

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

Almond Crunch posted:

Well I put over 80 hours into it, but I also played Age Of Wushu so my taste in game is fairly poo poo.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Haroshia posted:

oh so like the flute school in wushu?

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

Haquer posted:

oh so like the flute school in wushu?

I never claimed it wasn't lore appropriate. Just a bit loving weird.

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

My only advice is that for the sake of your own sanity, don't bother with fishing. It's the only mini-game that's mindbogglingly boring, none of the quests that require fish actually give you anything of value, and the only end-game route that actually requires fish, you can get the fish from completing a different quest.

EDIT: Also AFAIK there's no martial arts that requires fishing.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Haroshia posted:

I never claimed it wasn't lore appropriate. Just a bit loving weird.

so like all of wushu?

:v:

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

SweetBro posted:

EDIT: Also AFAIK there's no martial arts that requires fishing.

new thread title please

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

angerbeet posted:

new thread title please

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Haroshia posted:

ToW is like a choose your own adventure + strategy rpg. It's pretty neat I think.

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

randombattle posted:

ToW is like a choose your own adventure + strategy rpg. It's pretty neat I think.

I would say it's closer to a dating sim than choose your own adventure.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...
Then goons should be experts at it

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
Moonlight Blade is coming to the West

https://www.reddit.com/r/MoonlightBladeonline/comments/5lfuxk/the_moonlight_blade_will_come_to_the_west/

Also loli update came
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2m2fsWwgdA

Alexander DeLarge fucked around with this message at 04:52 on Jan 2, 2017

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Moonlight Blade was pretty cool so that's good. If I can punch little girls in the face then all the better.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

When is the fat guy update coming?

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

When is the fat guy update coming?

its u

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
It is never coming to the west

like it will be always coming to the west but never reach it

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Well as a fat guy who runs around punching little kids I would be the obvious basis for this expansion. On a side note this Halloween a little girl in a lion costume asked if she could pet my dog Gumbo and I said, "Sure!" because he's very friendly and usually goes up to people but it turns out he's very cautious around lions. I told the girl I was sorry but he thought she was a lion so she took off her mane then Gumbo knew she was in fact a shape shifting lion, which as we all know is the most dangerous form of lion.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

Third World Reggin posted:

It is never coming to the west

like it will be always coming to the west but never reach it

I find your lack of faith disturbing. Apparently it's coming this year (and probably self-published too).

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
whats moonlight blade

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

eonwe posted:

whats moonlight blade

chinagame 3.12.354

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
do i have to pay for a subscription via subway

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

eonwe posted:

do i have to pay for a subscription via subway

no joke this is how I paid the first few months until the PayPal integration

Oh chinagame

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Got a Subway giftcard for Christmas but I'm spending it on a sandwich and not some MMO.

randombattle posted:

If anyone cares, there's a CYOA running in TradGames using the tabletop version for game mechanics. http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3736008

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i saw some stuff on reddit about moonlight blade

predicting it as the next big mmo that everyone buys and gets angry at in a week

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that
I played it for like... 2 months or something? It's probably worth at least that much time in english and with a goon guild.

I'm not sure I'd do it again unless they do the grind-reduction-for-western-release thing though. It's not that you have to have a 24 hour grindbot like swordsman, but the game expects you to consistently do a series of smaller tasks every day or you can't really keep up with the curve. When I played I got stuck in a spot where my gear wasn't good enough to get into a group to do the instance to get the good enough gear.

And you'll want to keep up because the PvP is genuinely fun. It's fast and responsive and a wizard wrote the netcode because I had 300 ping and still had fun. The chinese really avoid PvP for some reason though so there wasn't enough of it.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

eonwe posted:

predicting it as the next big mmo that everyone buys and gets angry at in a week

Remember Archeage?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
unfortunately

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

Pavlov posted:

When I played I got stuck in a spot where my gear wasn't good enough to get into a group to do the instance to get the good enough gear.

I was interested until I read this part. Gear grind is dumb. Especially if I want to jump into jolly PvPenis. That's why I liked Wushu. All I needed was better ping and something resembling a brain and it was easy to dumpster trashcans in gold/jade.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that
Well, one ok part of PvP is that you can CC and combo-stunlock people regardless of your gear, so you can still contribute in a group fight. Its the damage/staying power you lose out on.

But yeah, gear grind was real.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

angerbeet posted:

Remember Archeage?

Not really but my wallet does :20bux::20bux::20bux::20bux::20bux::20bux::20bux::10bux:

I played during the Korean closed beta and I had a lot of fun with it

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Pavlov posted:

Well, one ok part of PvP is that you can CC and combo-stunlock people regardless of your gear, so you can still contribute in a group fight. Its the damage/staying power you lose out on.

But yeah, gear grind was real.

Sounds terrible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

Haquer posted:

Sounds terrible

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CvHRErVsyM

no idea why the game looks like rear end in his video but what ever.