Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

Christ Roberts is way better than toilet lord...
:gary: :lesnick: :yarg:
:pgabz: :fuzzknot: :eonwe:
:wtchris:

AP posted:

I predicted an engine change for last year. For 2017 I predict that CIG are going to announce a delay on SQ42 and that it won't ship with the first release of Star Citizen. They will also swap out the SQ42 package everyone owns with a "replacement ship of higher value" and say the initial release of SQ42 will be free.

The thinking being that SQ42 is a broken mess and if they dump it to "later", possibly with a shiny trailer they can call the Star Citizen game done released, wait out the resulting drama and the two week refund period. Then go bust only owing backers the value of SQ42 which is now "free".

I like this, my prediction is no 3.0 this year.
I think he will change it again to 2.8,9 etc. all to keep the dream running.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

Can we back up for a second and talk about what a stupid loving name "Grim Hex" is?

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Samizdata posted:

Not so much. His behaviour during that stream was completely selfish and unconscionable, which does tie in nicely with the other crimes he is accused of.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocw90W44Boc

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
When will LTI be rafactored?

:smuggo:

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Spakstik posted:

Can we back up for a second and talk about what a stupid loving name "Grim Hex" is?

It's a pretty useless spell in Talisman. And that's saying something for a game as horrid as Talisman.

(Ok, so maybe it's not called “grim”, but still… it was stupid back in the '80s too.)

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

Spakstik posted:

Google found this:

http://grimm.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Hexenbiest

Seems someone at CIG liked the series?

JugbandDude
Jul 19, 2016

Remember when you were young, you shone like the sun

Shine on you crazy diamond!

Spakstik posted:

I think it's self-explanatory.

A pentagram is evil, a grim pentagram is evil*2, a grim hex is evil*3, so um, VERY evil.

The sort of name a 10 year old would come up with.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Spakstik posted:

killwrathies
vandoooools

crobbler is only consistent in lovely names and failure.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

What's the chances he came up with vandououll after some kids spray painted a giant cock on his front door, and it's all just a way of getting back at them.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

MedicineHut posted:

By the way, it seems that in addition to Star Marine, CIG also released full VR support you suckers.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/5lqjfk/just_tried_star_citizen_in_vr_and_the_feeling_is/

When asked how he did it the OP seems to dodge the question, but I am sure he is absolutely not full of poo poo.

The intrepid citizen used a GearVR to have the best VR experience ever. Praise Roberts!

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues
Gim Hex lacks that certain charm of its parts disengaging and rotating incorrectly around itself that Port Olisar has.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

TheLastRoboKy posted:

Gim Hex lacks that certain charm of its parts disengaging and rotating incorrectly around itself that Port Olisar has.

Port Olisar is actually worse

code:
port polaris
port olaris p
port olisar 
:downs:

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

If the pirates were smart they'd call it Gym Hex to keep the shitizens away.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
Chris spelt Polaris (or Solaris) with those stupid fridge magnets, then Ben had one of his pre-lunch fridge rampages

And History Was Made

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Chris spelt Polaris (or Solaris) with those stupid fridge magnets, then Ben had one of his pre-lunch fridge rampages

And History Was Made

Ben ate the fridge again?

Abongination
Aug 18, 2010

Life, it's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come.
Pillbug
The poo poo this thread finds is so perfect it's like it was all destined to be.

I love that WTF's negging company is called "Rockstar" and has a logo reminiscent of the logo from the game "Bully"

Like, if that was deliberate I don't even know.

Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

Where angels and generals fear to tread.

Abongination posted:

The poo poo this thread finds is so perfect it's like it was all destined to be.

it's actually weird and bad friend

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

Crazy_BlackParrot posted:

I like this, my prediction is no 3.0 this year.
I think he will change it again to 2.8,9 etc. all to keep the dream running.

My prediction:
They will go for a minimal 3.0 release on July. All or most of the important stuff will be shifted to 3.1, and nope, that is not coming in 2017, and there'll be still too much left to go until 3.2 and certainly 4.0 come 2018.
No SQ42 release whatsoever. Maybe a "demo" for their cons.

RubberJohnny
Apr 22, 2008
One thing I haven't seen anyone comment on - did Star Marine drop their acceleration-based movement?

It looks from the videos like it's just run/sprint like CoD instead of the five step motion captured transitions they had from walk to sprint before.

They keep throwing out all these finished assets and redoing things.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Sunswipe posted:

Ben ate the fridge again?

He was peckish, ok? And sometimes, fridge doors are very reluctant to give up their goods to someone with t-rex arms, so what else could the poor guy do?

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe

AbstractNapper posted:

My prediction:
They will go for a minimal 3.0 release on July. All or most of the important stuff will be shifted to 3.1, and nope, that is not coming in 2017, and there'll be still too much left to go until 3.2 and certainly 4.0 come 2018.
No SQ42 release whatsoever. Maybe a "demo" for their cons.

I dunno, they could push a featureless 3.0 in June if they tried hard enough.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
I'm betting on the announcement of SQ42 prelude to consoles sometime this year. I'm also looking forward to the reviews it will eventually get.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Spakstik posted:

The lore behind the name is infuriating

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Port Olisar is actually worse

code:
port polaris
port olaris p
port olisar 
:downs:

Oh Jesus

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

skaboomizzy posted:

I'm betting on the announcement of SQ42 prelude to consoles sometime this year. I'm also looking forward to the reviews it will eventually get.

Didn't Chris change what backers are getting? Like, we paid for Star Citizen AND Squadron 42, but Chris changed it to Star Citizen and the 1st episode of Squadron 42?

That way he can squeeze people to pay for episode 2, 3, etc?

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

RubberJohnny posted:

One thing I haven't seen anyone comment on - did Star Marine drop their acceleration-based movement?

It looks from the videos like it's just run/sprint like CoD instead of the five step motion captured transitions they had from walk to sprint before.

They keep throwing out all these finished assets and redoing things.

Clearly you don't understand game development.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
When you think about it, Star Citizen is a labor of love. Chris Roberts is doing all of this- exploiting people's unrealized dreams to raise funds for a fake video game, and spending it instead- as well as his own blood, sweat and tears- directing a mocapped movie for his wife to star in and hiring A-list actors for her to get her big break in Hollywood. Truly romantic.

The Wtfofuckface saga is a great big ugly red-haired reminder to always be respectful of women and their boundaries. But- and this goes for men and women- don't be somebody's minion. No matter what your gender, you have more balls and agency than Chris Roberts trying to appease his wife.

JugbandDude
Jul 19, 2016

Way I see it, it goes like this:
    - Kickstarter and Early Backers are entitled to Episode 1 and Episode 2
    - Late SC backers are entitled to Episode 1 only
    - Late-late SC backers have to buy SC and Episode 1 separately, or as a package with a discount

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

spacetoaster posted:

Didn't Chris change what backers are getting? Like, we paid for Star Citizen AND Squadron 42, but Chris changed it to Star Citizen and the 1st episode of Squadron 42?

That way he can squeeze people to pay for episode 2, 3, etc?

In the beginning backers were to get Star Citizen, Squadron 42, and early backers were also going to get "Behind Enemy Lines" which was some kind of expansion back.

Then it somehow ended up that Squadron 42 was being split into three episodes and that backers would only get Episode 1. Early backers would get Episode 2, everyone would have to pay for Episode 3.

As far as I know that's still how things are intended to go, but as is usually the case there's no point in expecting anything until it actually happens.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

JugbandDude posted:

Way I see it, it goes like this:
    - Kickstarter and Early Backers are entitled to Episode 1 and Episode 2
    - Late SC backers are entitled to Episode 1 only
    - Late-late SC backers have to buy SC and Episode 1 separately, or as a package with a discount

Ugh.

Here's a gorilla:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DOBnp4GkeE

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

cool new Polack jokes posted:

When you think about it, Star Citizen is a labor of love. Chris Roberts is doing all of this- exploiting people's unrealized dreams to raise funds for a fake video game, and spending it instead- as well as his own blood, sweat and tears- directing a mocapped movie for his wife to star in and hiring A-list actors for her to get her big break in Hollywood. Truly romantic.

The Wtfofuckface saga is a great big ugly red-haired reminder to always be respectful of women and their boundaries. But- and this goes for men and women- don't be somebody's minion. No matter what your gender, you have more balls and agency than Chris Roberts trying to appease his wife.

I get the feeling that this is more a thing of their interests aligning than one of them specifically doing something nice for the other person.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!
posting from page 230: Hope everyone had a Happy and Healthy New Year (and enjoyed 2.6 and SM on Lumberyard prior to 12/31)!!!

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

TheAgent posted:

moma, do you believe in a charity? do you spend your vast fortune on yourself and belts and poo poo space games and overpriced whiskey and a severe sense of self righteousness

I thought you were cool

Also making 70k in some bumfuck state doesn't make you rich lol

I have had friends and family affected by Cancer and thus, I donate yearly to various charities (both time and money).

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

ManofManyAliases posted:

posting from page 230: Hope everyone had a Happy and Healthy New Year (and enjoyed 2.6 and SM on Lumberyard* prior to 12/31)!!!

*Lumberyard not included.

JugbandDude
Jul 19, 2016

Sorry, I forgot the wavey hands while trying to explain that nonsense. It's the pgabz :argh: taking control of me!

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

ManofManyAliases posted:

posting from page 230: Hope everyone had a Happy and Healthy New Year (and enjoyed 2.6 and SM on Lumberyard prior to 12/31)!!!

Hello friend, I'm glad you escaped the elevator

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

In the beginning backers were to get Star Citizen, Squadron 42, and early backers were also going to get "Behind Enemy Lines" which was some kind of expansion back.

Then it somehow ended up that Squadron 42 was being split into three episodes and that backers would only get Episode 1. Early backers would get Episode 2, everyone would have to pay for Episode 3.

As far as I know that's still how things are intended to go, but as is usually the case there's no point in expecting anything until it actually happens.

It doesn't seem to have changed much, but it still somehow seems messy...

Also, yeah I don't remember anything about episodes being mentioned when I pledged. And nothing was mentioned about an option for the "expansion pack".

But I wasn't an early backer so I must have missed that "Behind Enemy Lines" promise. Pity, because backer exclusive poo poo like that, do trigger me and I would have never backed this loving garbage company in the first place.

And then, what the gently caress is the prelude or whatever? Is it episode one, or a prologue to episode one?

LCL-Dead
Apr 22, 2014

Grimey Drawer
So.. new thread title.

Is this a game now?

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

cool new Polack jokes posted:

I kind of forgot they did all that. In hindsight, doing all that mocap was probably a waste of time and money, if you really think about it. They never really got around to putting it into a video game and it probably isn't really relevant to their projects anymore. In hindsight, that is.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

LCL-Dead posted:

So.. new thread title.

Is this a game now?

Game like you wouldn't believe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Daztek posted:

Hello friend, I'm glad you escaped the elevator