Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
please never fix the bug that makes people walk around with bird legs in replays

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

I've gotten this bug before, teammate broke open a window just as I was laying the charge down and it freezes you in the animation.

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

Megasabin posted:

Well this is the first game I've refunded on Steam. Nothing I did fixed that error code. Tried tons of different router settings, reinstalled, etc... Unbelievable that this has been out for a year, and there's still 3-4 threads a month on Reddit with this issue. Probably dodged a bullet if that's indicative of the game's quality control.

lol.

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

Hard posted:

Seriously man stop it they're gonna refund.

you're not the boss of me!

https://streamable.com/v1fic

lohli
Jun 30, 2008

Siege seems to be better than other games in that there are actual error codes to reference, but there are still an awful lot of things wrong with the game from a purely "is this thing working as intended" standpoint, where matchmaking is incredibly unreliable and often seems to require lengthy waits or to requeue multiple times because it either appears to be stuck due to a 5 minute unchanging matchmaking screen or because when it does seem to be switching into throwing players together it then errors out for half of them, the entire lighting situation, apparent inconsistencies in the damage model for both the environment and player hit-registration.

When stuff like that isn't getting in the way, it is GOTY2015-2017, but how good the game is just makes it that much more frustrating when technical issues are getting in the way.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

lohli posted:

fix your drat game, Hard

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
Let me tell you how fun it is to have your whole party need to restart uplay and siege to have party invites show up/work: this happens pretty consistently (once or twice a night)

I'm not about to get on a soapbox about a refund because this game still owns, but it def has some issues that I wouldn't blame someone over a refund.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

causticBeet posted:

Let me tell you how fun it is to have your whole party need to restart uplay and siege to have party invites show up/work: this happens pretty consistently (once or twice a night)

I'm not about to get on a soapbox about a refund because this game still owns, but it def has some issues that I wouldn't blame someone over a refund.

Really, their company motto should just be "Great Ideas, Terrible Backend".

IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

AGENT NAHMAN JAYDEN, FBI.
I've got 500 hours logged and I'm closing in on something retarded like close to 600 dollars spent on stupid microtransaction bullshit.

I got disconnected last night so give me a loving refund right now Hard or else!

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Zaodai posted:

Really, their company motto should just be "Great Ideas, Terrible Backend".
Backend might be fine, just wait until you hear the Division team implementing their own calendar system with 31 day long April that kept breaking the daily quest system every other day.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

There is such consistent discrepancies between what I see in play, what I see in kill cams, and what spectators tell me I totally saw that I really never have any idea what's actually happening in this loving game

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

There is such consistent discrepancies between what I see in play, what I see in kill cams, and what spectators tell me I totally saw that I really never have any idea what's actually happening in this loving game

It's beta gameplay for Schrodinger himself as an attack operator. Whenever he breaches a room, everybody inside takes a 50/50 roll to see if they die are dead or not.

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

I bought this game on the steam sale. I am a hot pile of garbage and fully admit it.

Teach me how to play this game and not die so easily.

Also how to avoid being shot from miles away by the slimmest of cover margins.

:smith:

IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

AGENT NAHMAN JAYDEN, FBI.
Unfortunately the answer is to learn how to counter peek which is not the easiest thing to pick up on.

If you find yourself getting wrecked after walking into seemingly clear rooms I'd suggest spending more time droning before entering.

Revelation 2-13
May 13, 2010

Pillbug

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

This is exactly my fetish issue as well. My ping is always very low and I've done terrible things to my router in order to try and see if I could fix it. It doesn't happen that often, but when it's really bad I only see the slightest pixel move on my screen and then I'm dead, but on the replay I see a dude stumbling into a room, looking around ponderously before finally putting his crosshair over my dude, empty his magazine and by sheer force of probability finally get me. Que the whole team laughing their asses of at my awfulness (in their defense I am pretty awful). I'm going to see if I can figure out to record and giffify it when it happens.

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

When I first started I died constantly. Now, after 400 hours of experience I... gently caress, nevermind.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:

WMain00 posted:

I bought this game on the steam sale. I am a hot pile of garbage and fully admit it.

Teach me how to play this game and not die so easily.

Also how to avoid being shot from miles away by the slimmest of cover margins.

:smith:

left click the mouse to shoot your gun

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority
Have they tweaked the co-op options at all since release? It was a bummer when I tried this with my girlfriend and the lack of co-op respawns/revivals meant she spent the majority of her time twiddling her thumbs. Plus, it was annoying being unable to choose which stage we wanted to play, or to configure the number of enemies to help ease her into the game. I was incredibly excited for co-op after playing the tutorial scenarios, and indeed this would be a phenomenal co-op game if they implemented very simple lobby options that they already got right in R6 Vegas and basically every other game :argh:.

IronDoge
Nov 6, 2008

Shine posted:

Have they tweaked the co-op options at all since release? It was a bummer when I tried this with my girlfriend and the lack of co-op respawns/revivals meant she spent the majority of her time twiddling her thumbs. Plus, it was annoying being unable to choose which stage we wanted to play, or to configure the number of enemies to help ease her into the game. I was incredibly excited for co-op after playing the tutorial scenarios, and indeed this would be a phenomenal co-op game if they implemented very simple lobby options that they already got right in R6 Vegas and basically every other game :argh:.

It's in your settings, it's a dumb way to implement it but at least it's there.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Siege isn't really a game to play co-op with your girlfriend, it's a Counter Strike clone. Might wanna look into games like Portal or Trine, or stick to Rainbow Six Vegas if that works. :shrug:

lohli
Jun 30, 2008
Revivals are pretty rare generally, and seem to be especially rare in t-hunt since the bots don't really go for anything but headshots most of the time.

The whole respawn thing is really a matter of respawns being at odds with the game, it's a game where someone dying is supposed to be a really big deal and giving players extra lives goes against everything I think the devs wanted the game to be and what the players understand it to be.

The only thing to recommend is playing more carefully, which you're free to do in t-hunt since you're not really playing against the clock in the same way you are in regular multiplayer.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Siege can't be a counter-strike clone. It is fun, which is something that a good CS clone can't be.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Counter-Strike was a clone of Rainbow-Six :smuggo:

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

BadLlama posted:

Counter-Strike was a clone of Rainbow-Six :smuggo:

Which is a clone of Police Quest.

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012
Police Quest: Siege

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

IronDoge posted:

Matchmaking preferences for regular multiplayer games unfortunately doesn't work; every single one of us has Favelas turned off (gently caress that trash map) and we still get it at least 3 times a week.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

Jehde posted:

Siege isn't really a game to play co-op with your girlfriend, it's a Counter Strike clone. Might wanna look into games like Portal or Trine, or stick to Rainbow Six Vegas if that works. :shrug:

Why is this not a game to play with a girlfriend? Am I only supposed to play the included PvE mode with other guys? Pretend I said "brother" instead of "girlfriend" and let me know if you'd still suggest puzzle platformer Trine as an alternative to a game about shooting people in the face through a wall.

IronDoge posted:

Thanks, I don't remember seeing this before. "Dumb way" is putting it lightly; this screen is making the business analyst part of my head explode :psyboom:. "If the user wants to play X mode on Y map, then they should go to a settings screen and uncheck everything that isn't X and Y." Just let the player select a map and mode from a list on the lobby screen like every game ever made, you dolts. I hope you can at least access this screen without quitting to the main menu and disbanding the lobby?

lohli posted:

The whole respawn thing is really a matter of respawns being at odds with the game, it's a game where someone dying is supposed to be a really big deal and giving players extra lives goes against everything I think the devs wanted the game to be and what the players understand it to be.

The only thing to recommend is playing more carefully, which you're free to do in t-hunt since you're not really playing against the clock in the same way you are in regular multiplayer.

I get that for the competitive mode, but I appreciate when games give you leeway for the private PvE modes. It won't take away from anybody's enjoyment of the online game if some people on a LAN are respawning in a game with zero MMR consequence for anybody. Arma is a good example of a game that caters to both ultra competitive players, and players who just want to gently caress around on private PvE servers with respawns.

Anyway, if the game doesn't allow it, then it doesn't allow it. I won't belabor the point. Thanks for humoring me.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Shine posted:

Why is this not a game to play with a girlfriend? Am I only supposed to play the included PvE mode with other guys? Pretend I said "brother" instead of "girlfriend" and let me know if you'd still suggest puzzle platformer Trine as an alternative to a game about shooting people in the face through a wall.

I think the problem is more that Terrorist Hunt in Siege is really, really barebones and not that difficult (in a compelling way, anyways) once you know what to do. On realistic the cause of your death is going to be bombers; on normal it's also going to be bombers.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Party Plane Jones posted:

Matchmaking preferences for regular multiplayer games unfortunately doesn't work; every single one of us has Favelas turned off (gently caress that trash map) and we still get it at least 3 times a week.

They work, they just don't work how you think they do.

IIRC according to Hard, once the matchmaking has found 10 people, it throws every map each of those ten people doesn't have disabled into a hat, then randomly draws a ticket and that's the map that gets chosen, so even if you play with four other people who have Favela disabled, there's still a chance you'll get it unless you matchmake against five more who also have it disabled.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Lemon-Lime posted:

They work, they just don't work how you think they do.

IIRC according to Hard, once the matchmaking has found 10 people, it throws every map each of those ten people doesn't have disabled into a hat, then randomly draws a ticket and that's the map that gets chosen, so even if you play with four other people who have Favela disabled, there's still a chance you'll get it unless you matchmake against five more who also have it disabled.

So if you have 9 people all with only the house map enable and one dude with all maps enable, it will then draw from a hat with one of each map?

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Shine posted:

Why is this not a game to play with a girlfriend? Am I only supposed to play the included PvE mode with other guys? Pretend I said "brother" instead of "girlfriend" and let me know if you'd still suggest puzzle platformer Trine as an alternative to a game about shooting people in the face through a wall

You are way focusing on the wrong part.
Would you play a moba with your girl friend, or overwatch? Siege is a competitive game with an npc hunt mode tacked on I guess for when you're waiting for a friend to finish a match.

There's dedicated co-op games like vermintide that is better for dunking trash with your friends.

Vatek
Nov 4, 2009

QUACKING PERMABANNED! READ HERE

~SMcD
He's got a point though, it is kind of weird that T-hunt doesn't just use the same interface that private PVP matches do.

Vatek fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Jan 3, 2017

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
Holding out hope for a single player R6 game on this engine - would be loving incredible. Give me a planning phase and some lovely Clancy narratives and I'll be happy.

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck

Shine posted:

Thanks, I don't remember seeing this before. "Dumb way" is putting it lightly; this screen is making the business analyst part of my head explode :psyboom:. "If the user wants to play X mode on Y map, then they should go to a settings screen and uncheck everything that isn't X and Y." Just let the player select a map and mode from a list on the lobby screen like every game ever made, you dolts. I hope you can at least access this screen without quitting to the main menu and disbanding the lobby?

I get that for the competitive mode, but I appreciate when games give you leeway for the private PvE modes. It won't take away from anybody's enjoyment of the online game if some people on a LAN are respawning in a game with zero MMR consequence for anybody. Arma is a good example of a game that caters to both ultra competitive players, and players who just want to gently caress around on private PvE servers with respawns.

Anyway, if the game doesn't allow it, then it doesn't allow it. I won't belabor the point. Thanks for humoring me.

The question is really why you'd want to play the PVE mode at all. If you want to play this with a partner, play the competitive side of things with her.

Vatek
Nov 4, 2009

QUACKING PERMABANNED! READ HERE

~SMcD
At least the Ghost Recon side of the Clancy franchises has thoroughly embraced co-op. Future Soldier is great as a co-op game and the new one coming out in March looks like a massive improvement on it.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Has your girlfriend tried getting good? That's what I would do if I was her.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Shine posted:

Yeah, I would, because Portal and Trine are fantastic co-op games, and Siege is not a co-op game. Also note I recommended just sticking to Vegas's co-op because it sounds like that works for you, I wouldn't know though having not played co-op in any of the Vegas games.

Vatek posted:

At least the Ghost Recon side of the Clancy franchises has thoroughly embraced co-op. Future Soldier is great as a co-op game and the new one coming out in March looks like a massive improvement on it.

This is also a good suggestion, the new Ghost Recon is gonna be a pile of tacticool fun.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

BadLlama posted:

So if you have 9 people all with only the house map enable and one dude with all maps enable, it will then draw from a hat with one of each map?

It will put House in ten times, and everything else once.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Lemon-Lime posted:

It will put House in ten times, and everything else once.

Oh good, thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megasabin
Sep 9, 2003

I get half!!

I'm not sure why it's funny that I couldn't even get the product to work after 2 hours of tinkering.

• Locked thread