Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

classic movie villain move

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

Enjoy this live coverage of the Bandera march happening in Kyiv.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Twj2MidgBqc

Anne Frank Funk
Nov 4, 2008

Polish TV is woke as gently caress

https://twitter.com/yrizona_/status/815581888735772672

(screencap from new years "satirical" show)

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Top kek indeed.

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvrwBvNeXmc

Doctor Malaver
May 23, 2007

Ce qui s'est passé t'a rendu plus fort

That is so smug and annoying that it makes me root for Russians and hope the Kuznetsov sinks the vessel where her husbands serves.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Doctor Malaver posted:

That is so smug and annoying that it makes me root for Russians and hope the Kuznetsov sinks the vessel where her husbands serves.

Sorry, I'm in totally agreement with the video. I mean, their fire suppression equipment is two fire trucks they stole from the St. Petersburg fire brigade. That bit about the latrines is actually pretty frightening, that thing is a floating cholera epidemic waiting to happen.

Actually, I was discussing this with some other milnerd friends and supposedly the Chinese carrier is better maintained. It's all Russia's fault that it's falling apart.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Young Freud posted:

Sorry, I'm in totally agreement with the video. I mean, their fire suppression equipment is two fire trucks they stole from the St. Petersburg fire brigade. That bit about the latrines is actually pretty frightening, that thing is a floating cholera epidemic waiting to happen.

Actually, I was discussing this with some other milnerd friends and supposedly the Chinese carrier is better maintained. It's all Russia's fault that it's falling apart.

Well, not 100% since it was actually built in Ukraine :p

Doctor Malaver
May 23, 2007

Ce qui s'est passé t'a rendu plus fort

Young Freud posted:

I didn't say that it was inaccurate (I don't really care about the ship), I said that it was annoying and smug. The fact that the presenter is signed as a USAF member only makes it worse.

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/UkraineRightNow/status/815214983881621505

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Did McCain get shot down over enemy territory again?

Tevery Best
Oct 11, 2013

Hewlo Furriend
The Polish Ministry of Foreign Affairs has decided to cut the funding for Belsat TV (a Poland-based independent Belarusian TV channel) from 17 to 5 million PLN, which means the broadcaster will have to close down, in no uncertain terms.

The MoFA claimed that Belsat did not meaningfully impact Belarusian reality and that it negatively impacted Polish-Belarusian relations, which are now entering a new period of dialogue and discussion. The Ministry intends to cooperate and build trust with Belarus and assist in its modernization process.

The MoFA has also stated that:

a) the money is needed for consular facilities in post-Brexit UK;
b) the money is actually needed for Syrian refugees (whom we are most definitely not taking in, he never fails to remind everyone)
c) that Belarus has made a "very tempting" proposal of allowing TVP Polonia (a channel for Polish expats, broadcasting virtually exclusively in Polish and featuring mostly old tv shows and government-ran news programs) to broadcast across most of the country. Minister Waszczykowski has said that it would reach several hundred thousand Poles throughout Belarus and would present "a certain political alternative" to Belarusians by showing them life in post-transformation Poland. "They would look at us the way we looked at the West 27 years ago," said the minister.

lol

Anne Frank Funk
Nov 4, 2008

Hope there will be many (there's probably already a ton) documentaries on cursed soldiers on tv polonia. Belarusians love that particular Polish import.

Elukka
Feb 18, 2011

For All Mankind

Young Freud posted:

Neither the Chinese Kuznetsov or the Indian Kiev look like a tire fire when underway, so probably.

e: Apparently, neither did the Kuznetsov back in 1991:

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
TBH, russians are a bit strapped for cash right now and are running their ship on basically asphalt. You can't run bunker fuel in any jurisdiction on earth I think, but international waters are free for all so.

You also usually don't use it in high performance applications. Like, say, a military ship. I'm willing to bet these guys are burning bunker fuel though. Combine that with a not-well-maintained engine and tire fire it is.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Young Freud posted:

There was recently a "leak" of current photos from K's engine room, and it can be said without a bit of hyperbole that the whole ship is held together by bits of string and strips of oily rags. Not even duct tape, that would be too elegant and expensive.

TasogareNoKagi
Jul 11, 2013

steinrokkan posted:

There was recently a "leak" of current photos from K's engine room, and it can be said without a bit of hyperbole that the whole ship is held together by bits of string and strips of oily rags. Not even duct tape, that would be too elegant and expensive.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oakum

Nothing new then :v:

axelord
Dec 28, 2012

College Slice

Young Freud posted:

The Chinese and Indian Carriers are just as much of giant money pits as the Russian carrier. They are all for show, it's all about looking like a big boy world power by having a carrier. Beyond that all 3 are useless wastes of money and resources.

Comparing it to US Navy Carriers is silly.

Elukka
Feb 18, 2011

For All Mankind
China is using theirs as a means to figure out How To Carrier, which I imagine is a bit easier when you have a functional (if not good) carrier to work with. Liaoning is even classed as a training ship. I imagine India is doing something similar since they're also building their own carriers.

Ardennes
May 12, 2002
The big issue for the Kuznetsov is that it badly needs its refit, which has been delayed for at least 4 years. (A big part of that refit was replacing its high pressure boilers with gas turbines). Instead the Kuznestov has been repeatedly pressed into service since it is Russia's only carrier and basically has been nearly run into the ground since its boilers have always been temperamental and its other facilities haven't been seriously upgraded.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Ardennes posted:

The big issue for the Kuznetsov is that it badly needs its refit, which has been delayed for at least 4 years. (A big part of that refit was replacing its high pressure boilers with gas turbines). Instead the Kuznestov has been repeatedly pressed into service since it is Russia's only carrier and basically has been nearly run into the ground since its boilers have always been temperamental and its other facilities haven't been seriously upgraded.

And in this case it seems to have been pointlessly pressed in service, given they have extensive ground air facilities in the area....

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
:china:

:india:

:ussr:

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

It's only a model.

Gantolandon
Aug 19, 2012

The Polish Ministry of Justice asserts that a neonazi organization using "White Pride" words didn't promote fascism, because they can be used by other movements. Such as the ones that oppose race mixing.

Meanwhile the liberal opposition continues to be terrible. It turned out that the leader of the pro-democratic movement (who wasn't actually elected into his position) pretty much defrauded KOD members, buying IT services from his own company for a heavily inflated price. He could have asked his organization to pay him and they would probably agree, but he preferred to pretend he doesn't earn poo poo to avoid paying for child support. Right now plenty of members of his organization scream this is Kaczynski's plot to discredit the movement.

Anne Frank Funk
Nov 4, 2008

Gantolandon posted:

The Polish Ministry of Justice asserts that a neonazi organization using "White Pride" words didn't promote fascism, because they can be used by other movements. Such as the ones that oppose race mixing.
Business as usual.

quote:

Meanwhile the liberal opposition continues to be terrible. It turned out that the leader of the pro-democratic movement (who wasn't actually elected into his position) pretty much defrauded KOD members, buying IT services from his own company for a heavily inflated price. He could have asked his organization to pay him and they would probably agree, but he preferred to pretend he doesn't earn poo poo to avoid paying for child support. Right now plenty of members of his organization scream this is Kaczynski's plot to discredit the movement.
What a loving dumbass.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

I bet Trump is super unhappy with McCain.

RedSnapper
Nov 22, 2016

Gantolandon posted:

Our minister of the Interior also suggested that multiculturalism is the reason for the recent riots/ lynch mob in Elk, and that the feelings and behaviour of the rioters are "understandable".

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

Sharing from C-SPAM Trump thread:

https://twitter.com/ZekeJMiller/status/817020141594611713?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Joementum posted:

Their hackers can penetrate a system without leaving a Thrace!

jonnypeh
Nov 5, 2006
Lovely responses: "don't forget guys, there were no WMDs in Iraq". Yeah, very subtle.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

jonnypeh posted:

Lovely responses: "don't forget guys, there were no WMDs in Iraq". Yeah, very subtle.

The Iraq War, the gift from W and Co. that just keeps on giving.

Bates
Jun 15, 2006
edit: wrong thread

jonnypeh
Nov 5, 2006
If it weren't for Iraq's WMDs I'm sure they would find something else from even 10,000 years ago.

AceRimmer
Mar 18, 2009

jonnypeh posted:

If it weren't for Iraq's WMDs I'm sure they would find something else from even 10,000 years ago.
Dastardly CIA, killing the Late Pleistocene Megafauna with their time machines. :tinfoil:

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

щасливого Різдва from Ukraine EE thread !

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
https://twitter.com/RussianEmbassy/status/818439246214262784

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

I miss the pre-cartoon frog world

AceRimmer
Mar 18, 2009

aphid_licker posted:

I miss the pre-cartoon frog world

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Imagine the Donald hurling a clay tablet with crude cuneiform insults off his Ziggurat at some dude's head at three in the morning, forever

aphid_licker fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Jan 9, 2017

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
The unclassified version of the DNI report on the Russian effect on the US election is out- no real surprises, but it does appear their bag of tricks for the US matches that used for members of their Orb of Power. People who watch their social media proxy efforts say that they've actually just activated a bunch of phony groups/accounts that were previously dormant.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Jan 9, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guildencrantz
May 1, 2012

IM ONE OF THE GOOD ONES
Poland's foreign minister just bragged publicly how he's expanding our reach to establish diplomacy with the Caribbean states, which hasn't been done before, and it should help us in the UN. Apparently, as he said, we now have really good relations with San Escobar. Which, for all the faults of our foreign policy, would be pretty nice if not for one small problem, which I trust the government will quickly overcome.

There's no such place as "San Escobar".

:allears: