Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Well Ive got 18 mastery on colorado now and kinda know the map better and maybe I could try a SASO but it just seems impossible to me. I have no idea where I would even begin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Got pretty far into Bangkok but didn't quite beat it. I killed Morgan by shooting him in broad daylight and then hid in a bathroom until I managed to lure in a waiter and take his clothes. I eventually stumbled on sabotaging the microphone in the recording booth but then wandered around for like an hour because I couldn't find Cross anywhere. Literally never came across him at all, and eventually I got shot just trying to find him. I might turn Instinct back on for this level.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

Well Ive got 18 mastery on colorado now and kinda know the map better and maybe I could try a SASO but it just seems impossible to me. I have no idea where I would even begin.

For me this was all about finding a route to do one assassination and then the other. As long as you end up in the house with the explosives guy and the lady dead you're almost home free. There are all kinds of accident kills you shoot something to initiate. The real challenge is figuring out the route you can actually sneak through.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Yeah after I said that I'm at 3/4 done. The hardest part is figuring out how the hell im gonna get the mask

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Phew I did it, by circling all the way around the perimeter of the house, sneaking in through the basement, running upstairs and pulling guards and hackers into Rose's room and dropping a chandelier on the woman as she walked into the house and then booked it while her bodyguards dragged away her corpse

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The more I play Hokkaido the more I think it's my favorite map.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I think think the most impressive part of this game is that going for SASO and Sniper Assassin reveals two entirely different levels. Before considering the baseline dress swapping ideas that they had to design first, and how the more aware NPCs act as blockades etc. Every level contains like 5 different levels within it, and they designed accommodations from the most simplistic level of Here is a UI Pointer to 0 UI, Just Feel. The more I play of this game the more overwhelmingly cool it is.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

In Training posted:

His name is Sean Rose

I have a brain disease

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Hurray I did my first silent agent suit only! Why is everyone so primed and ready for coin dropping sounds?

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
poison needle on elusive targets is nice, you get spotted for a crime before the target dies from the poison, so you can restart real quick

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

For those of you just joining us, the can of expired pasta sauce is a very versatile tool.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
i did saso and the ninja challenge for hokkaido.

i didnt have any clue how to get yuki while in the ninja outfit until i figured out a cheat by leaving a crowbar on the floor to block door to the sauna maintenance area so i could get out after i killed her.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Oh what was the ninja specific hanging area? I don't think I ever found it.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

Oh what was the ninja specific hanging area? I don't think I ever found it.

It's the left most pylon on the north face of the building. On the path where two guards patrol near the ninja start. Right next to a sliding door

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Oh I did find that, I sat on the roof for a while with a sniper rifle

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
i was doing an internet contract to do the sniper challenges on sapienza and i noticed a f un little detail when guards are hunting you down. i got caught by one of the church staff so i punched his lights out and dragged him halfway up the staircase. guards come up after i snipe a few guys and im hanging off the edge so they cant find me

the witnesses and guards play telephone with their description of you so it goes

"guy in a linen suit. late thirties early forties. oh, and bald."

"we got a guy. linen suit. blue polo. thirties to forties, bald."

"this is security checking in. we got a guy in a linen suit. beige. dark blue polo, red details on it. average build, bald."

the summer suit with gloves has a black polo and is white.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

the elusive target kept freaking out and getting mad at me for no reason while I tried to kill him honourably, so I restarted, dropped a fire extinguisher and breaching charge next to his chair, walked away and blew him up for an SA rating in less than a minute. feels bad

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Beat Bangkok. After spending like two hours there just wandering around the other night, it took around 20 minutes to finish. I just shot them both in the head.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Eagerly awaiting info on what the January release update is gonna look like

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I hope they seriously ramp up the ET after the physical release.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

cool article on the making of Sapienza

http://www.pcgamer.com/the-making-of-sapienza-hitmans-best-level/

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

theres really good stuff in this

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

But the team still wanted him to feel like a stereotypical Italian. "He was very attached to his mother, still lived at home, likes his mother's spaghetti, has a temper, etc." lol

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

For Elverdam, Sapienza represents the pinnacle of what he calls Swiss Cheese design. “We used this feeling that we built a volume filled with connections, and these connections mean that you will never get lost.” The idea is you should be able to go in any direction—through a different hole in the cheese—and, when you come out at the other end, find a new way to progress. “You don’t have to backtrack necessarily, if you don’t want to.”

This is very cool.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

the idea that elusive targets are designed by looking at player heatmaps so youre exploring new areas

the fact that they arent happy with the virus goal

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

What kind of locales do you wanna see for Season 2? I would love an urban area with a construction site or something, where you could set up a lot of mechanical sabotage. Or a level that's 100% inside a computer and you play as 47 but it's all a pantomime for hacking

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

In Training posted:

What kind of locales do you wanna see for Season 2? I would love an urban area with a construction site or something, where you could set up a lot of mechanical sabotage. Or a level that's 100% inside a computer and you play as 47 but it's all a pantomime for hacking

circus
japanese neighborhood like shenmue
the entire map of dead rising 1

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Oh a mall would be perfect. Imagining all the ambient dialogue of the mall denizens

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

What if it's actually just the Shenmue neighborhood and you have to kill Ryo

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

yea i was gonna just write that but I realized a mall is really an entire games worth of content, and that game was already made

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

television studio, i guess they just did a small movie set but i big one with different things going on would be cool

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

They talk in this about not wanting to do really long loops for characters, so you don't have to wait a long time, but in Bangkok I got a little frustrated that things won't progress without you. Cross never leaves his studio on his own, the cleaning in Morgan's suite doesn't end by itself, and the sun never sets. But I really wanted to be able to wait a couple hours for evening to be able to isolate people in their rooms, etc. Especially since the level takes place at sunset, which implies nighttime soon.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

a russian level of some kind

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I want to go back to the suburbs

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

A suburban level would be great, being able to sneak around and learn the neighborhood's secrets and weird personal dramas, then manipulate them to get what you need.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Yeah. I was hoping Colorado could be some America small town hood even though it was cool they did something different with it.

I would also dig an airport level, although I imagine they're hesitant to let you easily approximate real world terrorist acts in their goofy game

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

One of the things that makes the game cool is wandering around ordinary spaces, like in people's apartments and poo poo, and learning about their lives. Tons of awesome small details.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

FactsAreUseless posted:

A suburban level would be great, being able to sneak around and learn the neighborhood's secrets and weird personal dramas, then manipulate them to get what you need.

there was a suburb level in blood money and its the fan favorite, so they probably have that in mind

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

yeah I was thinking of an even better version of that one

also it's kinda weird in the article that they mention not being happy with the lab objective in Sapienza and realising non-assassination story objectives were a bad idea, then they did something much worse in Colorado

• Locked thread