Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

D200 mastered despite forgetting to optimize equipment before beginning the fight. Ingus's BSB with Knight's Charge RM and Magic Lure is really good in this fight. By the end he was using his BSB every other round because his SB gauge was charging so fast. The rest of my team was just there to heal and equalize the damage dealt to the pigs while Ingus did 90% of the heavy lifting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
D250 down on my second try. Gotta say one of the most difficult fights so far and had to really play it slowly. Looking forward to a single target Torment fight now...

Party:

Celes BSB
Cecil BSB
Faris BSB
Eiko BSB
Y'shtola SS2 / Aetherial Pulse

Cecil just taunted and spammed Paladin Force, Celes was there to buff him and hit the medal requirements. Faris gets a notable mention for being both a great aoe debuffer and doing decent damage. Also did the hit and run thing for the first time and holy poo poo is that terrible.

acumen fucked around with this message at 06:27 on Jan 3, 2017

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

acumen posted:

D250 down on my second try. Gotta say one of the most difficult fights so far and had to really play it slowly. Looking forward to a single target Torment fight now...

The only completely single target Torment fight so far, IIRC, is Geosgaeno, and IMO he's by far the hardest.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

I'm still not understanding how this is supposed to be feasible with just a RW Wall. I've chased this stupid lovely soul break for 18 months and gotten everything but it. :negative:

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

KataraniSword posted:

I'm still not understanding how this is supposed to be feasible with just a RW Wall. I've chased this stupid lovely soul break for 18 months and gotten everything but it. :negative:

I felt the same way and then got Y'Shtola's wall and now I'll probably still end up RWing it because I don't have any of her other relics and I'd either have to bring another white mage with a medica to heal or run a hybrid team where I use her as a black mage and RW OK's BSB, both of which don't really fit into my current team setup / relic selection all that well since right now I mostly rely on making GBS threads out lots of physical holy or wind damage.

There will definitely be some times where Y'Shtola comes in handy, but Tyro at least I can just kinda jam in anywhere, so I'll probably still halfway-chase SG if the banners it's on are decent.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

I felt the same way and then got Y'Shtola's wall and now I'll probably still end up RWing it because I don't have any of her other relics and I'd either have to bring another white mage with a medica to heal or run a hybrid team where I use her as a black mage and RW OK's BSB, both of which don't really fit into my current team setup / relic selection all that well since right now I mostly rely on making GBS threads out lots of physical holy or wind damage.

There will definitely be some times where Y'Shtola comes in handy, but Tyro at least I can just kinda jam in anywhere, so I'll probably still halfway-chase SG if the banners it's on are decent.

I have both and I pretty much never use Y'shtola. It's really easy to get overwhelmed when you have a healer doing something other than healing, usually when you recast wall mid-fight even if it hasn't worn off yet. Meanwhile Tyro dicks around doing whatever and pretty much always can afford to throw away a turn on a soul break, whereas a healer pretty much never can unless it's a healing SB.

Chillgamesh fucked around with this message at 07:51 on Jan 3, 2017

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Yeah, I'm not upset I got Y'shtola's BSB instead of wall, but SG has been eluding me for what feels like decades and it just gets so frustrating.

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011

KataraniSword posted:

Yeah, I'm not upset I got Y'shtola's BSB instead of wall, but SG has been eluding me for what feels like decades and it just gets so frustrating.

God if this game allowed trading, I'd give you bloody people my extra Thyruses, I swear to god. I wanted that Y'shtola BSB, but I already sunk 200 Mithril and got Alphinaud''s BSB, Papalymo's SSB and several Y'shtola non-BSB stuff, sinking more seems an unwise way to spend my remaining 100.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
i was hoping to get either of ysh's medicas on the banner but i got a thyrus, go figure!

Inge
Jan 16, 2007
SERIOUSLY THATS DISGUSTING I'M TRYING TO EAT
So what's the general consensus on wrath / entrust strategies?

I've got r5 / r2 respectively.

I'm thinking MM/Dr Mogs on Yshtola / Tyro for Aetherial Pulse + SG, tyro wraths 2 rounds, entrust yshtola, pops her BSB for combined wall, proshellga and 3000hp of stoneskin.

I could also flip that around, yshtola casting wall and tyro BSB. Lose the regen, gain magic blink + burst mode double breaks.

With this much mitigation I wouldn't need to worry too much about breaks, would I? Although I've got wiggle room with my RW casts, Vaan BSB or imperil wind would be good for my physical team.

Or.. should I forget all this and dump all the entrusts into Cloud for wind and RM boosted OSB death?

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Inge posted:

So what's the general consensus on wrath / entrust strategies?
[...]
Or.. should I forget all this and dump all the entrusts into Cloud for wind and RM boosted OSB death?

Wrath/Entrust works best if it's fueling either Unlimited OSB Works (see: Cloud and All The Finishing Touches) or a character that doesn't have access to Lifesiphon/Wrath themselves (Hope comes to mind, with his BSB/OSB combo). Remember that you're essentially replacing one otherwise useful party slot - someone with Support 5, at that, so someone with Breakdown/Full Break access - with a character that exists solely to be a sandbag/battery for someone else. That someone else is going to need to put out a lot of damage for it to be worth it in a lot of ways.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

I barely managed to pull off a win on the D250. It shouldn't have been close, but Ingus got silenced in the middle of reapplying Shellga and I had to take off the last 25% of the pigs' HP without it. :argh:

I was poo poo-talking Wakka a few days ago but his BSB was really handy. Infinite use Magic Breakdown was incredibly useful

MannersPlease
Aug 13, 2014
Thanks for all the help so far, I just randomly happened to start last week and am now just realizing how lucky it was that I got to play some of orbfest and get the help I needed for that from you guys. As that event ends I suppose I'm back to continuing to max out my stamina while maybe attempting to get what I can from some of the harder event stuff... I also assume my crystals are going to slow down significantly, and because of that I can take what I got and start to work on a core team. I thought I would run my thoughts by y'all again before I spend some crystals or exp eggs or whatnot, so here goes. Sorry about the big wall of text, I am very new, I don't know how to say what I am thinking in more precise terms and also happen to have lots of questions that I am sure is obvious to lots of you.

How I am thinking about my direction after all my big newbie pulls:

I have the workings of a physical wind team it seems, with freya's trident (wind SSB), cloud's guise (wind USB), bartz cloak (wind USB), Faris' bracers (-wind res SSB). I assume it would be a good long term team thing and working up abilities for them would be a smart use of resources? I'm thinking of leaving bartz out because...he seems kinda bland in his jobless gear. also cloud is already leveled, and freya has a SSB instead of a USB, and I'm supposed to have 2 other slots for healer/flex. Or something.

So, these are these three (cloud, freya, faris) frontliners...all with wind theme physical soul breaks, seems like an obvious place to start from and go far?

I had almost no other draws that gave offensive soul breaks - terra's tiara, stieners armor, papalymo wizard gloves, celes excalibur. Relatively little mage soul breaks, which I found to be really weird but I guess RNG is RNG? Also, No OSB or BSBs sadly.

As for my other 2 "a team" slots, I have drawn what seems to be a shitload of healer specific soul breaks, and am not really sure what to run with. I have areith ribbon (shout for team?), minwu healing staff (medica), rosa artemis bow (medica+avoid), Yshtola Thyrus (SS2), Tyro SG, Yuna Chaos Rod (medica+more regen)

1) Which healer do I use? Is Rosa's 'avoid one magical attack' generally better or worse than Yuna's 'regen up to 2000 hp in the near future?' How long till the near future?
2) Everyone raves about Tyro, but he seems really lame, So that sounds like a good reason to not use him. And if I am going to have another support (faris), would using Yshtola's wall instead of Tyro and throwing her some additional support stuff on her be just as good? It *seems* like I am going to want those 4* support breakdowns on someone anyway, right?

TL, DR:
So I am currently looking at using:

Cloud - physical damage w/ Wind USB
Freya - physical damage w/ Wind SSB
Faris - physical support w/ Wind Imperil SB
Yshtola - wall + Breakdowns+ flex 2nd healer
Rosa - medica + healer, I never played ffx so nostalgia seems to win out here.

1st question(s): Thoughts? Any cool abilities I should look for beyond the generic ones that all the guides talk about (guides that seem to be a year+ old)?
2nd question(s): Once I decide on my A team I can easily start breaking level caps with the tons of exp eggs I seem to have, so what other little things should I focus on working towards? Certain RMs from other characters? be on the lookout for specific motes for something important?

MannersPlease fucked around with this message at 11:03 on Jan 3, 2017

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
USB's aren't in the game yet in global, you're thinking of regular ol' SB's.

Yeah that looks like a start to a fun elemental team. If you're going to use Yshtola as support then you might as well use Tyro as he will do more physical damage and is tankier. Most parties don't need 2 healers.

Celes' Excalibur owns and that ssb is fantastic for recharging her skill hones. Throwing your highest level spellblade skill on her and letting her spam it every turn because her runic is absorbing the boss' spells sounds amazing.

Rosa sounds like your best bet for a healer right now I think? I don't know if im sold on avoids yet, but people say good things so its probably better than Yuna's regen.

If you're trying to utilize sb/ssb/bsb's often then you'll want to craft and hone lifesiphon for the characters that have access to combat 4. That skill combined with an RM like Ace Striker will charge their SB bars very quickly.

Could someone in the discord link the new guy above me to the discord? I'm at work at the moment. New guy, join this discord, its full of very helpful people that can help you in real time. Its also a good place to brag or bitch about your pulls.

MannersPlease
Aug 13, 2014
Yeah I thought I saw the term thrown around and I see there is a "Unique soul break" that helps identify them so, I figured...U(nique)SB...heh. Whoops.

Celes sounds cool, lots of wind-blade attacks with that thing sounds like it has some potential. Easy enough to swap in different element as needed too I suppose. Also big nostalgia points sounds pretty good over some wolf(wo?)man in little red riding hood's clothing.

MannersPlease fucked around with this message at 11:37 on Jan 3, 2017

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

MannersPlease posted:

Yeah I thought I saw the term thrown around and I see there is a "Unique soul break" that helps identify them so, I figured...U(nique)SB...heh. Whoops.

The problem is mostly in the difference between Japanese and Global terminology. As far as I know (correct me if I'm wrong, JP goons) only Global has the lowest level non-default Soul Breaks identified as "Unique".

Meanwhile, when the 2nd Anniversary hit in Japan, DeNA released a tier of Soul Breaks that are a sidegrade to OSBs - USBs (assumedly for 'Utility Soul Break'). These are basically the supportive/less (or non-) damaging equivalents to OSBs, come on 6* equipment in the same way, but generally have a whole slew of buffs and the like attached instead of doing ludicrous amounts of damage like OSBs do. As an example, Tyro gets a USB when they're first rolled out that is +2000 HP overheal (like Curada), Astra (party-wide "dodge 1 status ailment"), Hastega, and a selfish two-turn Powerchain effect.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

That power creep tho

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

Given up on the CM, I could easily do it if I had just one of grand cross/sheepsong/sea lord's broadside but I don't so it's pointless even trying

Cape Cod Crab Chip
Feb 20, 2011

Now you don't have to suck meat from an exoskeleton!
The U is USB stands for "Ultra". The Japanese term eludes me at the moment, it's Chou... something, meaning really really good or whatever. The community's been using the fan-designated USB appellation since, probably because it's kinda funny. They've also moved firmly into straight upgrades to OSBs for offensive characters, too. Cloud's USB that just came out is a ten hitter with what I assume is an 800 to 1000 total multiplier that gives him a 15-second buff that sets his crit rate at 100% and lets all of his attack break the damage cap. Yeah.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
I'm hoping that Cloud's USB isn't the norm going forward - yeah it's ridiculously powerful. Almost too powerful, and it'd mean they would have to overtune bosses again to make up for it. Which leaves characters still starving for BSBs even further behind.

I'm still banging my head against D200. The back-to-back AoEs are definitely a major concern, especially since I don't have a native Wall or something like Vessel of Fate (which means I definitely need the latter.) I'll probably just burn some stamina to get Alphinaud more levels - he's scarily squishy at the moment. Needless to say I'm not going near D250 for a while. I'm actually considering another pull on XIV 1 - either Ley Lines or Stoneskin II would be a huge boon to my team. I have Summoner's Dream, but that's not actually helping me much here.

SageAcrin
Apr 23, 2014

there was a mean thing here before, but now there is a dog
It's Chouhissatsu IIRC... hissatsu is roughly "deathblow" and the japanese name for Soul Breaks. Chou pretty reasonably/commonly directly translates to ultra and IIRC they datamined the english name as Ultra(though the datamined names aren't... always the ones they use. See Overflow to Overstrike.).

Chouhissatsu is about as cliched as it possibly gets for a skill term incidentally, kinda like calling your gun a BFG or something.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
Slowly losing my mind over the D250. Been butting my head at this for... three hours now?

Gimme some opinions here, what to do. Notable soul breaks:

First the BSB's:
Luneth (Seems usable, but -Res% feels like loving suicide, but then Luneth could hit medal conditions.)
Rydia (Good, been using this so far. Rydia is locked at 80 though)
Selphie (Seems entirely useless, no time for this poo poo with healers, holy damage is neglible.)
Zidane (Usable with Luneth, bad commands, almost no AoE)
Vaan (Amazing, but entirely single target)
Noel (Single target breaks, meh)
Vanille (loving ace, firstof my two healer options)
Serah (Same as Rydia, good, hits aoe + weakness, but locked on a level 80 squishy)
Hope (Seems kinda lackluster due to bad element, Rydia does Earth better)
Y'shtola (Amazing, other healer option)

Non-BSB's:
Gilgamesh OSB (lol)
Native Wall, Shout & Sheepsong. The basic SSB-tier buff set.
Minifilia and Alphinaud SSB's (damage reflect, last stand)
Handful of magic blink SSB's like Beatrix, Exdeath, etc

After that just a bunch of multihit SSB's with almost no imperils of note.

I'm basically having two issues:

1) The "trash" mobs eat all my goddamn resources. I've seen people say that "oh just use BSB commands", but I'm not getting them going soon enough for that to be viable. And I don't want to waste any more of my life on loving hit-and-running the first wave. I've opted for carrying a bunch of 4* summons and Chainga spells on my casters (Rydia, Serah, whoever) or one effort with Greg tauntaliating. But all of that leaves my resources -super- drained. I can kinda make due with BSB commands in the Pig fight, but so far I haven't found a good complement for Rydia + Serah on the Three Piglets. Either they have a lovely useless BSB, or they're entirely out of hones.

2) No room for error in the fight, absolutely none. I've had to SL so many goddamn times because of them ganging up on one dude, opening with 5k damage AoE at the start, my healer being unable to reapply Shellga because they're too busy healing, etc. I guess there's no real fix here either except getting better RNG or timing buffs better, but it's driving me nuts having to SL the entire pig fight because they happened to time their attacks in a bad way.

Attestant fucked around with this message at 15:15 on Jan 3, 2017

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Attestant posted:

Slowly losing my mind over the D250. Been butting my head at this for... three hours now?

It'll return every month, so you don't have to do it now. It depends on what team you're using, but if they're stuck at L80, future MC3s might just make the difference.

saltylopez
Mar 30, 2010

ApplesandOranges posted:

It'll return every month, so you don't have to do it now. It depends on what team you're using, but if they're stuck at L80, future MC3s might just make the difference.

So it's gonna work like the mote dungeons and nightmare dungeons? Where we get a shot at ones we couldn't complete before?

Inge
Jan 16, 2007
SERIOUSLY THATS DISGUSTING I'M TRYING TO EAT

saltylopez posted:

So it's gonna work like the mote dungeons and nightmare dungeons? Where we get a shot at ones we couldn't complete before?

Yep exactly the same :)

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Last night my Roaming Warrior was used 67 times. :stare:

I guess people love Maria's Song.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

Mastered the CM after a whole lot of tinkering :woop:

Butz/Faris/Krile/Exdeath/Lenna, double heals and RW wall. I knew I was close with my previous setups and this one took me all the way

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Heaven Spacey posted:

I have both and I pretty much never use Y'shtola. It's really easy to get overwhelmed when you have a healer doing something other than healing, usually when you recast wall mid-fight even if it hasn't worn off yet. Meanwhile Tyro dicks around doing whatever and pretty much always can afford to throw away a turn on a soul break, whereas a healer pretty much never can unless it's a healing SB.

Tyro's usually been my healer and I've never had this problem unless I let SG fall off and the boss dropped a mega nuke AOE before it got back up. I also RW'd healer BSBs for awhile and that's no longer an issue since I'll be bringing Tyro and Y'shtola to tough fights. :shrug:

KataraniSword posted:

The problem is mostly in the difference between Japanese and Global terminology. As far as I know (correct me if I'm wrong, JP goons) only Global has the lowest level non-default Soul Breaks identified as "Unique".

Meanwhile, when the 2nd Anniversary hit in Japan, DeNA released a tier of Soul Breaks that are a sidegrade to OSBs - USBs (assumedly for 'Utility Soul Break'). These are basically the supportive/less (or non-) damaging equivalents to OSBs, come on 6* equipment in the same way, but generally have a whole slew of buffs and the like attached instead of doing ludicrous amounts of damage like OSBs do. As an example, Tyro gets a USB when they're first rolled out that is +2000 HP overheal (like Curada), Astra (party-wide "dodge 1 status ailment"), Hastega, and a selfish two-turn Powerchain effect.

IIRC, Echo's SSB originally supposed to be Wall + haste or shell/protect. I wonder if they'll ever bring that back since a powercreeped Wall SB is solely lacking given how stupidly vital Wall itself is outside of boss fights that completely ignore def/res.

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk

Combo posted:

If it were me:

I think its time to invest in full break now, assuming you have the orbs. Even r1 will be ok for a while, I sat on r1 for a few months.

Team would look like this:

Tyro - Protect(or Shell)/Heals - Wall
Ramza - Full Break + Power or Magic breakdown - Shout
Beatrix - Life Siphon + Protect or Shell
Luneth
Gilgamesh

One thing I try to do is put the more threatening damage type for that particular boss (shell or protect) on the person who isn't your wall user. So first round would be getting wall up with tyro, shout up with ramza, and protect or shell with beatrix, and then poo poo out damage from there.

You can swap in Locke/Terra for their BSB/OSB synergy as well but I think the top 3 would be your consistent ones. RW some type of medica, maybe medica with a high regen along with it.

Trip Report:

I got Luneth to 99 and everyone else to 80. My pull on the FFXIV banner ended up being the bottom tier stuff I don't need / can't use but at least I have +mind stat sticks now.

But it worked! So far I've gotten champion on 6 ultimates, whereas before I couldn't make any headway at all. I'm really looking forward to Gilgamesh getting his RC3 unlocked in a couple of days now that I can slowly collect them.

Thanks again for the help!

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

I really don't like wall. I wish they'd left it as medica/hastega/proshellga for the 'trinity' with breakdowns and other abilities for additional mitigation.

But I suppose that ship has long sailed design wise.

I should probably just be happy this game, out of all the garbo phone games I play is the closest to actually requiring some thought and tactics and not demanding $$$$$ to succeed.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Cape Cod Crab Chip posted:

The U is USB stands for "Ultra". The Japanese term eludes me at the moment, it's Chou... something, meaning really really good or whatever. The community's been using the fan-designated USB appellation since, probably because it's kinda funny. They've also moved firmly into straight upgrades to OSBs for offensive characters, too. Cloud's USB that just came out is a ten hitter with what I assume is an 800 to 1000 total multiplier that gives him a 15-second buff that sets his crit rate at 100% and lets all of his attack break the damage cap. Yeah.

Ultra is actually what they're called in the game's code. Global will surely translate them to something else entirely, but for now Ultra is the best name we have for them.

Cloud's USB is 750 total potency, FWIW. The actual list of buffs it gives is +100% crit for 25 seconds and EX Mode: SOLDIER (+30% damage with PHY attacks and PHY attacks break the damage cap) for 15 seconds.

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

I have good news, and I have bad news.
Which do you want to hear first...?
That 250 Torment dungeon was rough but I managed to pull it off with a new team setup I was trying out.

Agrias - Blizzaga Strike, Life Siphon. Divine Ruination.
P Cecil - Gaia Cross, Life Siphon. Paladin Force
Tyro - Multi Break, Life Siphon. SG and Keeper's Tome
OK - Chain Firaga. Curaja. Vessel of Fate
Aerith - Curaja. Shellga. White Materia
RW: Aetherial Pulse

I loaded up everyone with SB builder record materia and mako might on OK. Swiftspell was MVP for alot of the trash waves. Cecil sat int he backrow with a bow and used Gaia's Cross to soak up all the single target physicals. The one downfall of this team is that it turns out the stupid fairy pigs are healed by holy.

If I had to do it again I'd give Aerith something other than Shellga or replace my RW with something else that gave regen. The Proshellga with heavy regen was really nice for the trash packs though. I think I had to heal once.

Also White Materia did way less damage than I expected even with the imperil holy from Divine Ruination.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Is there a permanent link to someplace that rips the music regularly?

I wanted to grab I think the main screen music from just before this one? Was a cool remix I didn't recognize.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

KPC_Mammon posted:

Trip Report:

I got Luneth to 99 and everyone else to 80. My pull on the FFXIV banner ended up being the bottom tier stuff I don't need / can't use but at least I have +mind stat sticks now.

But it worked! So far I've gotten champion on 6 ultimates, whereas before I couldn't make any headway at all. I'm really looking forward to Gilgamesh getting his RC3 unlocked in a couple of days now that I can slowly collect them.

Thanks again for the help!

Awesome man. That's a solid base to build off of and now as you start to understand the game mechanics more you can throw together element teams and whatnot.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
I hosed up the first torment dungeon because I forgot the boss' One Weird Trick of raising dead buddies, I guess I should bring more AoE poo poo.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

I really don't like to keep harping on this, but it's driving me absolutely nuts. If anybody at all has beaten the D250 without native wall, share how you did it?

I haven't even beat the D200 yet, but just knowing it's possible (there's a CM and all) is the best I can manage there. :negative:

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

The fight is way too long unless you're going balls out with a lot of synergy and good aoe dps BSBs/summons. I'd say native wall is pretty much a requirement

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Ramza's 99 RM is so bad :psyduck:

FeralWraith
Dec 17, 2007
Lurking Bastard
Dumb question time: say, if I was using Squall's En-Ice into his OSB combo. If the boss is resistant to Ice, would the OSB still get the En-Ice's bonus damage, or would that be negated since it defers to Non-Elemental status for damage?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time

FeralWraith posted:

Dumb question time: say, if I was using Squall's En-Ice into his OSB combo. If the boss is resistant to Ice, would the OSB still get the En-Ice's bonus damage, or would that be negated since it defers to Non-Elemental status for damage?
It would calculate the damage for both and use whichever one does more damage. Basically the en-ice would be wasted because either it'd be resisted or invalidated by the switch to non-elemental.

• Locked thread