Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I had a shower thought today after swimming.

Rather than having a Leaver Buster queue thingie where you just walk away from your computer for however many minutes your penalty queue lasts, or getting temporary banned for a few hours or days or whatever, why not make all punishments band that work exactly like SA bans where you can lift your ban instantly for :10bux: but otherwise it's permanent. In fact, make it cost an additional :10bux: every time you get banned so that toxic whales make Riot hundreds of dollars per login. This also encourages people who are unwilling to spend real money on League of Legends to just not be toxic assholes.

And then I farted, and it smelled like soap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nekrews
Sep 14, 2007

a good chest :eyepop:

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
holy poo poo Ivern is so much fun why the gently caress didn't i play him sooner oh my goodness

i seriously haven't laughed my rear end off playing this goofy game in a long time

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Servaetes posted:

holy poo poo Ivern is so much fun why the gently caress didn't i play him sooner oh my goodness

i seriously haven't laughed my rear end off playing this goofy game in a long time

I tried to tell you!!!

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

https://www.twitch.tv/sky_mp3
Sky is now having his second round table in as many years about how he secretly respects women and all the misogynist things he says are just you misunderstanding him.
I don't play league but if it's anything like last time it's going to be four hours of amazingly sad and pathetic drama.
https://twitter.com/SkyWilliams/status/816060928768626688

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
only bad thing about Ivern is that he never stops talking

IvegottwothumbsandashieldIvegottwothumbsandashieldIvegottwothumbsandashieldIvegottwothumbsandashieldIvegot
twothumbsandashieldIvegottwothumbsandashieldIvegottwothumbsandashieldIvegottwothumbsandashieldIvegottwo
thumbsandashieldIvegottwothumbsandashieldIvegottwothumbsandashieldIvegottwothumbsandashieldIvegottwothumbsandashield

anti-magic
Sep 9, 2012

We've come up in the ram-raiding business, Owl.
It's all high class now.
No more baby seats.

Nanomashoes posted:

https://www.twitch.tv/sky_mp3
Sky is now having his second round table in as many years about how he secretly respects women and all the misogynist things he says are just you misunderstanding him.
I don't play league but if it's anything like last time it's going to be four hours of amazingly sad and pathetic drama.
https://twitter.com/SkyWilliams/status/816060928768626688

Wait, all I remember of this guy is making a lot of obnoxious youtube videos with janky jump cut all over the place. When did he start spouting misogynist poo poo? Is it because he started hanging out with Thorin or something?

Orv
May 4, 2011

Firebert posted:

IvegottwothumbsandashieldIvegottwothumbsandashieldIvegottwothumbsandashieldIvegottwothumbsandashieldIvegot
twothumbsandashieldIvegottwothumbsandashieldIvegottwothumbsandashieldIvegottwothumbsandashieldIvegottwo
thumbsandashieldIvegottwothumbsandashieldIvegottwothumbsandashieldIvegottwothumbsandashieldIvegottwothumbsandashield

If there was a way to mute everything but skills and pings I'd use that exclusively.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

kingcobweb posted:

I tried to tell you!!!

I do wish Daisy was still easier to control but yeah, i'm sold, champ is fun as hell. Rinj went Soraka and we were basically a duo queue cheerleading squad layering redemptions and other stupid heals and shields on things, it's kinda incredible

Firebert posted:

this is not a problem in any way shape or form

Servaetes fucked around with this message at 03:39 on Jan 3, 2017

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Servaetes posted:

you can make bushes -- and then walk into the bushes to hide. brilliant. the enemy will just think there is a random bush growing in the middle of the lane, and that the melee minions are doing a poo poo job in yard maintenance. that is when you hop out of the bushes for the gank surprise.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Servaetes posted:

I do wish Daisy was still easier to control but yeah, i'm sold, champ is fun as hell. Rinj went Soraka and we were basically a duo queue cheerleading squad layering redemptions and other stupid heals and shields on things, it's kinda incredible

this is not a problem in any way shape or form

Play him with any tank who uses Sunfire for an unkillable ball of CC and damage

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Orv posted:

If there was a way to mute everything but skills and pings I'd use that exclusively.

There is??? Turn off voices, I always have them off unless I'm playing sion

kingcobweb fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Jan 3, 2017

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

pog boyfriend posted:

you can make bushes -- and then walk into the bushes to hide. brilliant. the enemy will just think there is a random bush growing in the middle of the lane, and that the melee minions are doing a poo poo job in yard maintenance. that is when you hop out of the bushes for the gank surprise.

Nah man it's way less about the brushes, way more about shielding and healing every 3 seconds and then landing a root that enables horrible death. Best thing I've found for brushes is hiding a dragon kill and that's about it

Orv
May 4, 2011

kingcobweb posted:

There is??? Turn off voices, I always have them off unless I'm playing sion

There's still a bunch of ambiance and fluff audio that comes off characters that I'd like to get rid of as well. I already have voices off, I'm not crazy.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

anti-magic posted:

Wait, all I remember of this guy is making a lot of obnoxious youtube videos with janky jump cut all over the place. When did he start spouting misogynist poo poo? Is it because he started hanging out with Thorin or something?

he has always said extremely stupid poo poo

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
if you overextend as malz mid vs a 5-0 shaco do you automagically win the game when you flame your jungler in the chat?????

Orv
May 4, 2011
I would argue that as a Malz against a 5-0 Shaco, existing on the map is overextending.

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth

Orv posted:

I would argue that as a Malz against a 5-0 Shaco, existing on the map is overextending.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Get on my choppa

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
sky is a funny sweet guy i like him :)

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

...I'm sorry. I can't seem to remember any of the rest.
should i just play ahri if i want to play ap ezreal but also have waveclear

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Hashtag Yoloswag posted:

should i just play ahri if i want to play ap ezreal but also have waveclear

Play Corki

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Manic_Misanthrope posted:

Jungle has been my best found method at rising through the ranks. Is it just that there's so much more money in it now that they dropped the smite buffs?

Jungle is absolutely the highest impact role currently, the amount of gold/exp in the jungle this season is the highest it's been in ages (ever?).

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!
gently caress this. I'm done trying to claw my way out of bronze by playing support. Fun champs from now on. Teemo top and Rammus/Zac jungle baby.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

dont take a baby into the jungle thats irresponsible

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
3 o'clock in the morning. i looked out the lane, and there was a fuckin baby in the jungle. and the baby didn't even look scared, he was just standing there. i just cranked the window open a little bit. "hey baby! baby, go home, man! it's 3 o'clock in the morning man, what the gently caress are you doing up?" the baby says, "i'm farming golems, nigga!"

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

i recommend Veigar if you want to attempt to enjoy playing support in low elo

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

if you're low elo you wont enjoy playing support because you're loving bad and will just die on damage supports and wont make the proper map moves on normal ones, but you're probably bad at everything so just find a thing you can enjoy

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
just loving play sona, wtf. just press q whenever the enemy adc gets close. build gunblade and murder their rear end.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Tales of Woe posted:

Jungle is absolutely the highest impact role currently, the amount of gold/exp in the jungle this season is the highest it's been in ages (ever?).

if you want to climb right now just play hecarim he is loving insane.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
I've just checked Lolalytics. Shaco's first winrate-wise among all junglers with a pretty respectable play rate. So now I have a bit more free time than I thought I would have. gently caress playing this game until they knock him down a peg or two or twenty.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
LeBlanc has a 50.1% win rate

Why do people waste a ban on a champ that most people can't even play well

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

that's a very high winrate for leblanc historically, she was closer to 45% last time she was drawing heavy bans

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

The Dregs posted:

gently caress this. I'm done trying to claw my way out of bronze by playing support. Fun champs from now on. Teemo top and Rammus/Zac jungle baby.

if you actually think you are better than the people in bronze just pick like pantheon support or something and dump on people.

Aumanor posted:

I've just checked Lolalytics. Shaco's first winrate-wise among all junglers with a pretty respectable play rate. So now I have a bit more free time than I thought I would have. gently caress playing this game until they knock him down a peg or two or twenty.

you can just ban him if you hate playing against him my man.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Sexpansion posted:

if you want to climb right now just play hecarim he is loving insane.

Hecarim and Zac are the two champs that seem to go off in every single game right now

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

pog boyfriend posted:

you can just ban him if you hate playing against him my man.

There are too many things to ban in lanes and I don't play jungle.

Super Librarian
Jan 4, 2005

Aumanor posted:

There are too many things to ban in lanes and I don't play jungle.

who are you banning? the only non-jungle ban I usually even consider is yasuo and that's just to stop a teammate from picking him

I'd rather knock out vi/shaco/hec/lee (lee just because he's annoying to play against)

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Depends on elo, obviously, but low elo you should probably be banning Hec/Yasuo/Vayne/Camille/Vi

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
I ban Lee instantly, but there's also Camille, syndra and sometimes I ban caitlyn if I'm feeling saucy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!

pog boyfriend posted:

if you actually think you are better than the people in bronze just pick like pantheon support or something and dump on people.

If I was better than my team mates I'd probably be out of bronze by now. Support is so thankless in B5, though. I spend too much time pissed off.

Tales of Woe posted:

i recommend Veigar if you want to attempt to enjoy playing support in low elo

This sounds brilliant!

• Locked thread