Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Uxzuigal

Chill Berserker Dude

om nom nom posted:

If anyonwn can name the breeds of hog in my avatar, no google allowed, I will
Buy you plat or no archives or whatever you don't have :toxx:

I don't want any upgrades but - I am pretty sure that is a saddleback swine? I believe them to be a British breed. :)

<3 <3 Vanisher

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

om nom nom posted:

If anyonwn can name the breeds of hog in my avatar, no google allowed, I will
Buy you plat or no archives or whatever you don't have :toxx:

that's a saddleback or a hampshire, and also i could name that hog dylan because cute af

(don't buy me things, give lowtax $5 to keep the forums running or give $5 to the aclu or go crazy and do both, see if i care)

poverty goat

It's cold and rainy and I'm making beef and vegetable soup

joke_explainer

poverty goat posted:

It's cold and rainy and I'm making beef and vegetable soup

everyone should make soup today

poverty goat

i screwed up bigtime and wont have fresh bread till tomorrow

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

it's definitely a pizza day, my friends, because it's not cold enough for soup, no, the soup is tomorrow. i got some 'za dough chilling in the fridge, i got some cheese, i got some veg, it's good. real good.

i made peas, greens and roasties last night, too. we like peas in our house and don't just eat them based on specious claims of fortune, they're also a main protein.

social vegan

black eyed peas
won't u come
and get this party started

poverty goat

im eating this soup right now and it is good

Manifisto

social vegan posted:

black eyed peas
won't u come
and get this party started

a mashup is a kind of stew I guess and your post send me down the rabbit hole of covers/mashups

didn't find the one you suggest exactly, but these fine creations turned up:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7vuf59hPTU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6RD6mjiIZE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRHfd9Yto0A

shabbat goy

ladybeard mcflurry posted:

it's definitely a pizza day, my friends, because it's not cold enough for soup, no, the soup is tomorrow. i got some 'za dough chilling in the fridge, i got some cheese, i got some veg, it's good. real good.

i made peas, greens and roasties last night, too. we like peas in our house and don't just eat them based on specious claims of fortune, they're also a main protein.

top tier hot sauce choice, valentina por vida

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

shabbat goy posted:

:hfive: sauce lyfe

Tiberius Thyben

Gone Phishing

shabbat goy posted:

Hell yeah. Literally have a bottle on the table next to me that I brought home today.

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

I made a fat pot of tomato sauce today. Secret ingredients? Anchovy paste and minced capers. When adding such things if you taste anchovies or capers you added too much you big dum dum.

joke_explainer

Bo-Pepper posted:

I made a fat pot of tomato sauce today. Secret ingredients? Anchovy paste and minced capers. When adding such things if you taste anchovies or capers you added too much you big dum dum.

Those two, and marmite and fish sauce, all in the same class of secret ingredient that makes the regular ingredients taste richer without standing out

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

i hate the word chosen to represent what those ingredients offer

om nom nom

om nom nom nom nom nom nom
It's not saddleback and it's not British

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

it's a paterno porco dio

poverty goat

joke_explainer posted:

Those two, and marmite and fish sauce, all in the same class of secret ingredient that makes the regular ingredients taste richer without standing out

my soup got marmite and soy sauce

also the farro worked out really well in place of barley. the kernels are a little bigger and theyve still got a bit of chew to them the next day and I'll do this again. barley is dead to me now

also, parsnips :hellyeah:

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

om nom nom posted:

It's not saddleback and it's not British

Hampshire?

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
That's quite obviously a golden hamster

Subjunctive

✨sparkle and shine✨

Bo-Pepper posted:

I often use caper juice, because I'm lazy.

alnilam

I don't know what's wrong with me but i personally absolutely can't stand all 4 of the secret ingredients being discussed here. I've also tried dishes where they were lightly added and found the dishes worse for their presence.

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

i have revoked your visa to flavor country

alnilam

Bo-Pepper posted:

i have revoked your visa to flavor country

I married a bottle of Bragg liquid aminos so i think I'm safe from deportation

joke_explainer

alnilam posted:

I don't know what's wrong with me but i personally absolutely can't stand all 4 of the secret ingredients being discussed here. I've also tried dishes where they were lightly added and found the dishes worse for their presence.

what about just pure MSG? that's basically what those ingredients provide

alnilam

joke_explainer posted:

what about just pure MSG? that's basically what those ingredients provide

idk never cooked with pure msg but as i understand soy sauce and Bragg liquid aminos also provide lots of the dumbly named u**** and i use/enjoy those things

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

i like bragg's a lot a lot, and i like soy sauce. anchovies are not so good because there's a generally unpleasant aftertaste in canned anchovies. i think it's the guts not being properly cleaned tbh. i like dehydrated chovies with dasima for making stock for stews, but i take the black bits of guts and poop out first, and i strain it well.

capers are good af though.

joke_explainer

i like bragg's a lot a lot, and i like soy sauce. anchovies are not so good because there's a generally unpleasant aftertaste in canned anchovies. i think it's the guts not being properly cleaned tbh. i like dehydrated chovies with dasima for making stock for stews, but i take the black bits of guts and poop out first, and i strain it well.

capers are good af though.

i generally just use anchovy fillets in olive oil for all my anchovy purposes. no guts involved. they're insanely delicious imo if you get the right kind, I can just eat them out of a jar as a salty treat on their own

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

i'll use fillets if I have them but sometimes it's hard to beat the convenience and satisfaction of squirting fish paste from a tube

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

that's how i feel about fish sauce. why use anything but fish sauce? just put it in everything. even cake. it's fine.

om nom nom

Not that one either

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

om nom nom posted:

Not that one either

is it an american breed or a non-american? that'll narrow down a hemisphere.

Piso Mojado

I signed up for a fancy meal delivery service last week (blue apron) so I should have some fancy meals to post itt now. First shipment arrives tomorrow.

om nom nom

It's non American, although there are a small number in the USA. That's the last hint, this is my hard earned :10bux: we're talking about here.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

om nom nom posted:

It's non American, although there are a small number in the USA. That's the last hint, this is my hard earned :10bux: we're talking about here.

the only other banded that i can think of that is not a british or north american breed is the cinta senese and they're super rare in the US.

joke_explainer

the only other banded that i can think of that is not a british or north american breed is the cinta senese and they're super rare in the US.

You were right, it is cinta senese (one of the first google image search results)

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

holy poo poo, i got it right

joke_explainer

the angle of the photo obscures the long snout!!

vanisher

joke_explainer posted:

the angle of the photo obscures the long snout!!

Don't steal my pickup lines

Piso Mojado posted:

I signed up for a fancy meal delivery service last week (blue apron) so I should have some fancy meals to post itt now. First shipment arrives tomorrow.

genuinely curious about how this turns out

Sig images courtesy of the talented Luvcow, Dumb Sex-Parrot, & Death Sext

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the littlest prince

there are threads re: meal services like that in both coupons (pretty long but I haven't read it) and gws (pretty new/short, surprisingly). i personally used mealime for a few years and loved it. too lazy to cook now though.