Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

As you see it.

So, not "optimistic", or you "think"?

All of that is hedging. SQ42 out this year, yes or no.

Even you know it's not coming out in 2017. You're pretty much saying so yourself. You're own words are betraying that even you think it's only an uncommittable possibility.

I'll admit it's possible SQ42 could be released, in some fashion, this year. If it does, it'll be complete poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Sabreseven posted:

Which ARMA? Why not BF1? CS:GO is poo poo.

Titanfall 2 is awesome, COD infinite warface is fun. Try those.

Battlefield 1 has been pretty fun over the holiday; I like the Battlefield emphasis on working together to achieve things, although my presence on the team leads to unintentional comedy. Too much emphasis on automatic weapons for my liking, but a solid game nonetheless.

I threw ten bucks onto Battlefront II, which was a hoot. Vehicle control is still twitchier than I can deal with, but those 20 v 20 battles are something to behold. Hoth is still fun, but gently caress Endor in it's ear.

Brings to mind the early days of Planetside 2; fighting your way up a hill with the zerg, with a combined force of tanks, vehicles and infantry really capturing the feeling of something much larger - Some of the later changes made it more of a grindfest.

Fun thing is there's a couple of these released every six months, so the competition just gets deeper for Star Marine. Assuming it's still called that.

Try Squad out. Arma 3 is still largely unplayable without mods (enemy AI is frighteningly accurate). I generally only play that for the helicopters until DCS has something lighter than the UH1; The KA50 is barely a helicopter.

Angels Fall First is still pretty good, but suffers from a learning cliff and doesn't have the embedded grog that Arma/Squad have.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

I asked my own 8 ball the same question but it didn't give me a straight yes or no answer:

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

Isn't the official SQ42 release date March 31st of this year? CIG would be wise to adjust expectations on that ASAP to avoid another momentary fiasco like missing 2.6 by six months and not saying anything about it. I mean, is this open development or...?

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

that's him with the final solution

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

BeefThief posted:

Isn't the official SQ42 release date March 31st of this year?
lol, no. Officially there is no date; hence the "delayed indefinitely" recent article title, post cit-con.

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

Christ Roberts is way better than toilet lord...
:gary: :lesnick: :yarg:
:pgabz: :fuzzknot: :eonwe:
:wtchris:
http://imgur.com/a/XB6s8

lol

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Propagandist posted:

My goondolences for everyone back at work today and reading the thread more.

Mr.PayDay
Jan 2, 2004
life is short - play hard

BeefThief posted:

CIG would be wise to adjust expectations on that ASAP to avoid another momentary fiasco

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

his nibs posted:

Chapter 1: The Messiah Returns

Chapter 2: The Money Pit

Chapter 3: The Cult Conundrum

Chapter 4: He, Smart

Chapter 5: We Need to Talk About Sandi

Chapter 6: What Goes Up, Must Come Down

Chapter 7: Space Court

Chapter 8: The Emancipation of Lando

Pretty sure this book is supposed to have 11 chapters

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

I'm just saying, it is the most open development project in history, therefore we should know what they're planning/doing, right????

Mr.PayDay
Jan 2, 2004
So how about Punkbuster against the Star Marine hax?
Even CIG might have the class and charakter to not allow cheating twice

Mr.PayDay
Jan 2, 2004

more AI on ships and less aimbots pls Chris

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

Thoatse posted:

:eyepop: :popeye: :eyepoop: :gowron:

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

ManofManyAliases posted:

-We're going to see 3.0 release much earlier than "mid-year."
-SQ42 will, at the very least, have a level (or few levels) drop this year. Though, I'm optimistic for a full release before end-of-year.
-Certain evocati will begin testing 3.0 very, very soon.

Quote the poo poo out of this if you want.

So the 3.0 from the gamescom presentation or '3.0' like the released '2.6' with half the features stripped to ship a horribly broken release?

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

Dream Factory
Grimey Drawer

Thoatse posted:

I don't get it :negative:

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

his nibs posted:

I don't get it :negative:

Chapter 11 Bankruptcy.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/5luk36/star_marine_so_buggy_its_unplayable_for_me_now/

:psyduck:

how

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

:perfect:

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice
For those of you who missed all my missives about why suing CIG/RSI for any reason (e.g. defamation) other than fraudulent inducement etc would be a waste of time and money, read this:

http://www.pcgamesn.com/counter-strike-global-offensive/csgo-tmartn-csgolotto-lawsuit-2017

quote:

“Obviously, on the merits, I want to hold Valve accountable and I think if we ever get to the merits we will. But the procedural stuff in court - they set it up so it’s really hard to get to the merits,” Ward explains. “The hard part in court these days, honestly, is getting to the merits. If we could ever get to the merits, I’d feel more confident, but until then it’s hard to say. I don’t think we’ll lose on whether skins gambling is gambling but, again, like I said, that’s a merits issue. This is what the case is really about. It’s not about what court we’re supposed to be in or who has standing or not - it’s not about those things. It’s about what Valve did. Or it should be."

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
So the worst kind of electricity exploded my water heater today. I would be mad , but thank god for sump pumps. Besides a small corner of the basement getting a little wet, only losses were a box of clothes and some carpet scraps. Here is the kicker, the loving water heater was from 1992 and went strong until today, it decided to go all stimpire on me. loving water heaters only last 15 years, so check yours.

Could be worse, some poor slups house got ran over, as demonstrated below.

http://i.imgur.com/OYgjKc8.gifv

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

Dream Factory
Grimey Drawer

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Chapter 11 Bankruptcy.

heh thanks, wasn't familiar with that

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

You know the dumb thing about Chris' immersion strategy is that while it aims to recreate "real life" visuals by adding more polygons, nature contains barely any polygons at all

That's the dumb thing.

Remember when we got word that he absolutely abominated the idea of using things like bumpmaps (or was it normal maps?) to 'cheat' extra visual fidelity instead of devoting exponentially more processing power to raw polygons?

On a completely different note, remember how the planet CIG has demoed has rocks that are painted onto the landscape as textures?

Breetai fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Jan 3, 2017

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Photogoons you know what must be done, I'd do it, but lazy today. :)

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Also, rabbit,

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

He had another good meltdown about 5 min ago and said goons were trying to make him look bad and he was just getting drunk with his friends...

If that girl ever talks to him again I will be shocked.

Like that should destroy your career, imagine if Disco or Tyler was doing that to one of the girls at RSI at some holiday party?

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

This is excellent.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Propagandist posted:

He's moved to stage 2 of feeling grief: anger

Is it the most heartbreaking and sickening phase of grief, or am I totally lost on Stiperial lore?

Atreiden
May 4, 2008

I don't really play fps games, but is it normal to do these lovely goggles/mask overlays? it looks lovely and combined with the head-bobbing, it has made me hate just watching youtube clips of the game.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Truga posted:

SQ42 has been leaked before.

It was some (bad) 3d models and nothing else.

I seem to remember 1300 pages of really well written dialogue and a rad song called Full Burn

nawledgelambo
Nov 8, 2016

Immersion chariot

ZenMaster posted:

He had another good meltdown about 5 min ago and said goons were trying to make him look bad and he was just getting drunk with his friends...

If that girl ever talks to him again I will be shocked.

Like that should destroy your career, imagine if Disco or Tyler was doing that to one of the girls at RSI at some holiday party?

got a timestamp on it, that would be great to see

also hi, wtfosaurus knows me and like 9238 of my aliases because I consistently troll him and after this debacle not let him live it down

nawledgelambo fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Jan 3, 2017

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

That bug is months old, happens on pistols too. They put an item port system in to attach things to things and it fucks up so you get a magazine instead of sights.

Good video someone uploaded yesterday showing it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7R8SgEVUvYI&t=167s

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

Atreiden posted:

is it normal

Returning to this "normal" thing, I only just noticed this today.

Normally someone would catch that, which leaves you suspecting that it was done deliberately.

AP fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Jan 4, 2017

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

AP posted:

That bug is months old, happens on pistols too. They put an item port system in to attach things to things and it fucks up so you get a magazine instead of sights.

It's almost like their overly complex and over engineered model system chokes from the volume of data it has to parse so you end up with something's ID confused and the system makes a best guess attempt at what it should be.

In other words.

Get a refund.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

Lladre posted:

Get a refund.

nawledgelambo
Nov 8, 2016

Immersion chariot

I wonder when "Clipping through everything else" will be worked on.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Lime Tonics posted:

So the worst kind of electricity exploded my water heater today. I would be mad , but thank god for sump pumps. Besides a small corner of the basement getting a little wet, only losses were a box of clothes and some carpet scraps. Here is the kicker, the loving water heater was from 1992 and went strong until today, it decided to go all stimpire on me. loving water heaters only last 15 years, so check yours.

Could be worse, some poor slups house got ran over, as demonstrated below.

http://i.imgur.com/OYgjKc8.gifv

Not to derail this 100% on topic conversation of this fabulous thread, but expect around 6-9 years out of your replacement if you let it go "To do its thing." They don't make them like they used to.

Draining yearly, replace the anode after several years in, etc. will extend the life if some were inclined to tackle it.

I got a Roberts feel when I replaced mine and had to purchase "risers." Really, you can't include some simple tubing? I'm sure you know after going through it.

Now back to MoMA.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Breetai posted:

Remember when we got word that he absolutely abominated the idea of using things like bumpmaps (or was it normal maps?) to 'cheat' extra visual fidelity instead of devoting exponentially more processing power to raw polygons?

On a completely different note, remember how the planet CIG has demoed has rocks that are painted onto the landscape as textures?

Normal maps are basically just an upgraded version of bump maps and what pretty much everyone uses now. The main difference between them is bump maps use grayscale so they can only provide info to tell it to go up or down, while normal maps use RGB info that corresponds to the X, Y, and Z axis in 3D space

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

:perfect: