Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They're like $10 I don't think that can ever be called conspicuous consumption.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Aphrodite posted:

You're assuming that people are just buying one or two, and that's probably true for most normal people.

The kind of person who posts on a Funco Pop subreddit has definitely spent a large amount of money on them.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Aphrodite posted:

And Amiibos are totally fairly priced and always in stock, too! /s

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy
Is the STDH thread gone? Because here's this:

http://imgur.com/gallery/j227K

And then Einstein stood up and clapped while singing Bohemian Rhapsody

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

WampaLord posted:

You're assuming that people are just buying one or two, and that's probably true for most normal people.

The kind of person who posts on a Funco Pop subreddit has definitely spent a large amount of money on them.

Well yeah but that's not what that poster said.

They're pretty much the opposite. That's why they've been successful, they're cheap enough that people buy 2 or 3 on an impulse.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Aphrodite posted:

Well yeah but that's not what that poster said.

They're pretty much the opposite. That's why they've been successful, they're cheap enough that people buy 2 or 3 on an impulse.

no you motherfucker, if people buy things I don't like it's a sign of the decay of civilization!

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
I could've used a better term. Basically what I mean is that nerds love to buy useless, tacky toys with their disposable incomes, and Pops are a very good example of it.
It's what's kept places like ThinkGeek alive all these years.

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Low Desert Punk posted:

I could've used a better term. Basically what I mean is that nerds love to buy useless, tacky toys with their disposable incomes, and Pops are a very good example of it.
It's what's kept places like ThinkGeek alive all these years.

Use the code Kennedy to get 10% off your Lootcrate subscription!

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

Jmcrofts posted:

That is hilarious writing. Fictional but hilarious.

Jayme
Jul 16, 2008

Jmcrofts posted:

The STDH thread is here - that link's already been posted, though!

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Should I be thankful that I have no idea what the gently caress a pop is?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

bitcoin bastard posted:

You know those bobblehead-ish things that are in literally any store?

It's those.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

bitcoin bastard posted:

It's what incorrect people call a soda

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

oldpainless posted:

Yo, this confused the gently caress out of 8 year old me. Grew up with soda being called soda, then on a field trip this kid says he has grape pop with him. I'm intrigued as gently caress. Grape pop? Some sort of new amazing beverage I've never tried?

And then it turns out pop = soda. I was so disappointed.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus
The Brendan Fraser thing keeps going.

http://www.celebritynetworth.com/richest-celebrities/actors/brendan-fraser-net-worth/

In the same breath that he complains that he has no money. He also explains that he spends $5200 a month on gardeners :v:

I'd like like to peer in closer on this $113.000 a month of "professional expenses"

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

oldpainless posted:

I will fight you IRL

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
Hot dogs

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Cold cats.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

https://twitter.com/ZenerDiode99/status/816139136373440512

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Did Nazi it co-meme.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

So popular free-to-play game Warframe added some new content, including a "cyst" that you can get through a certain plot mission, or from interacting with other players who have a cyst. It's a tiny pink blob on the character's neck that you can't even see 99% of the time. It can be removed after it's fully grown, which takes seven days real time to do.

Apparently it's the worst thing to ever happen to videogames.

For those not familiar with the game, Prime frames are one of the items in the game that require a lot of time and effort to acquire, or you can purchase one from another player for a fair amount of the in-game currency (which essentially means you can pay another player 2-15 real dollars to do the work for you).

Dude sounds like he's being physically assaulted by a tiny bit of content in a videogame.

The developers of a free-to-play game are literally my servant and must do my every whim! I won't have fun unless the game cowers to me!

Video games must fill out and have me sign a new contract every time they decide to patch it. My lawyers must be present during this.

TL:DR tiny babby is mad about videogames.

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Did Nazi it co-meme.

De-mod this man

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

I Killed GBS posted:

De-mod this man

That's a fair cop! :v:

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
"I'll enjoy this game when things go MY way and when I want them to" is maybe the most gamers statement ever

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
Is Brendan Fraser behind this alimony thing or is it just something that angry dudes have latched onto? I want to believe he's separate from this whole thing because he seems like an okay guy.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Gaunab posted:

Is Brendan Fraser behind this alimony thing or is it just something that angry dudes have latched onto? I want to believe he's separate from this whole thing because he seems like an okay guy.

he's obviously the one contesting it but I don't think he's making it some big 'men's rights' issue, he's just being a kinda typical hollywood bubble guy where he seems to genuinely be trying to use 'no no but I'll ONLY be making a couple million after payments guys, this is not a life you can expect me to live' as a complaint. I think it's all his 'fans' who are making it some big "THAT BITCH" thing.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Zephyrine posted:

I'd like like to peer in closer on this $113.000 a month of "professional expenses"

It's described as lawyers, managers, agents, etc. He's probably got a lot of very expensive Hollywood professionals on call.

The guy's got $25 million in assets. I have a feeling he needs to downsize his lifestyle a bit.

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

I disrepectfully refuse!

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Fashionable Jorts posted:

So popular free-to-play game Warframe added some new content, including a "cyst" that you can get through a certain plot mission, or from interacting with other players who have a cyst. It's a tiny pink blob on the character's neck that you can't even see 99% of the time. It can be removed after it's fully grown, which takes seven days real time to do.

The dude is over the top angry over this, but I honestly don't see the point of this change to the game. Why make this (albeit minor) change to the way characters display?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It seems like it's a plot point?

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

WampaLord posted:

The dude is over the top angry over this, but I honestly don't see the point of this change to the game. Why make this (albeit minor) change to the way characters display?

Not sure yet, but it's tied into some big plot points that they've been working on over the last couple years. Right now, the cyst can be drained into the pet-maker device to make a horrible monster that fights alongside you but I'm sure there will be more to come.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I DIDN'T AGREE TO THIS GAME HAVING PLOT POINTS.

SpaceViking
Sep 2, 2011

Who put the stars in the sky? Coyote will say he did it himself, and it is not a lie.

Data Graham posted:

I DIDN'T AGREE TO THIS GAME HAVING PLOT POINTS.

I know some people who play Warframe. Apparently this is a common response to the most recent plot points.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007
I don't get it, the frames already look like they're basically mutated humans. It's just a cyst, it's not all that nasty compared to how they already look.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Gamers are giant goddamn idiot babymen, that's about all there is to it. I say this as someone who plays a good deal of video games, I've never seen another hobby with such a huge proportion of insufferable children.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

ANIME?

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Zephyrine posted:

The Brendan Fraser thing keeps going.

http://www.celebritynetworth.com/richest-celebrities/actors/brendan-fraser-net-worth/

In the same breath that he complains that he has no money. He also explains that he spends $5200 a month on gardeners :v:

Food $200
Data $150
Rent $800
Gardener $5,200
Utility $150
someone who is good at the economy please help me budget this. my family is dying

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

Candles $92,000

bean_shadow
Sep 27, 2005

If men had uteruses they'd be called duderuses.
Racist angry that Tom Hanks's granddaughter is mixed-race.

There are many reasons why Chet Hanks is a loser but this will never be one of them. And I'm sure the article writer and commenter are physically shining examples of their race. The little girl is adorable, the Hanks family probably embrace her and her mother with loving arms, and I'm glad it pisses these pieces of garbage off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mezzanine
Aug 23, 2009

St Evan Echoes posted:

Food $200
Data $150
Rent $800
Gardener $5,200
Utility $150
someone who is good at the economy please help me budget this. my family is dying

You are now turning into a corncob.