Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.

SalTheBard posted:

12 team league, $75 buy in. Payouts are:
1st - 300
2nd - 225
3rd - 150
4th - 75

Does that seem weird to anyone else?

Well for starters, your prize pool is missing $150, so I assume you play on CBS? If not, that's definitely weird.

Other than that, seems fine if not a little too evenly distributed. As a rule of thumb I like first place to be at least double second place, but that's just personal opinion. If that were my league it's be more like:

1st - 400
2nd - 175
3rd - 100
4th - 75

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

The "I Paid What for Who?" dynasty league here has $25 buy ins for 12 teams and pays all of that money out as:
1st: $160
2nd: $80
3rd: $40

Consolation bracket winner: $20

We charge a surcharge on the $25 dues to exactly cover hosting fees for MFL, whatever that number turns out to be.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Mikey Purp posted:

Well for starters, your prize pool is missing $150, so I assume you play on CBS? If not, that's definitely weird.

Other than that, seems fine if not a little too evenly distributed. As a rule of thumb I like first place to be at least double second place, but that's just personal opinion. If that were my league it's be more like:

1st - 400
2nd - 175
3rd - 100
4th - 75

We had one butthole not pay and then had dues on CBS. I want to switch to Yahoo so we don't have to pay and have more prize money

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

SalTheBard posted:

Thank you SO MUCH for the recommendation on Jared Cook. Helped me win my Championship game! I would've lost if I started Olson our score was that close.

1st - 300
2nd - 225
3rd - 150
4th - 75

Honestly I dont see the point of paying out 4th. 3rd is iffy for me too. I'd rather do an end of regular season best record bonus or most points bonus rather than pay out 3rd. I mean, isn't that what everybody laughed at the Colts for? AFC Finalist 2014 banner?

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
GUYS DO I DRAFT DAVID JOHNSON, I THINK 5 IS TOO HIGH PROB JUST GET INJURED AGAIN THINK ILL GO TE

89 fucked around with this message at 11:32 on Jan 3, 2017

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

SalTheBard posted:

Thank you SO MUCH for the recommendation on Jared Cook. Helped me win my Championship game! I would've lost if I started Olson our score was that close.

Cool :)

quote:

1st - 300
2nd - 225
3rd - 150
4th - 75

A little but not in a major way. Personally I'd rather see a bigger differential between 1st and 2nd, and I also don't particularly care for paying out someone that lost two playoff games (fourth place). I'd rather see the 4th place money go to 1st, or do something with it that's kinda random and can payout anyone (highest PA regular season or something).

You see a lot of really bizarre poo poo with regard to payouts though. On one end of the spectrum you've got winner take all and on the other end you've got 1st place only paying you back your buy in, and if you want to cash in big you've got to dominate weekly PF or other weekly contest poo poo.

SurgicalOntologist
Jun 17, 2004

Yeah if you take that 4th place money and half the third place money and give it to first that would be a more standard payout structure. In my home league third just gets their buyin back.

In Apex leagues it's just first and second IIRC (out of 12). Very steep payouts to first, because when they're having trouble getting to 12 they sweeten the pot by adding more prize money that just goes to first. I played in two Apex leagues this year (highly recommended, I'll post again about it at draft season)... and came in second in both. So, a profitable season, but I missed out on those sweet QUADRUPLE ENHANCED payouts.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
We had a $200 pot - 10 teams X $20 buy in.

$140 first place
$40 second place
$20 third place.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

10 team keeper league.

$100 buy in.

First place- $800
Second place - $200
Third place - $100 (We have the team with the worst record pay an extra $100 to third place - this discourages/penalizes teams from trading away all their players for draft picks)

El Caganer
Dec 20, 2016

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
I'm brand new here, a refugee from a sports forum that is actively censoring/banning anti-PEOTUS posters. Is anybody interested in a playoff league?

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

SurgicalOntologist posted:

Yeah if you take that 4th place money and half the third place money and give it to first that would be a more standard payout structure. In my home league third just gets their buyin back.

There are some changes I want to propose and that seems really logical. I also want to go to decimal scoring and see if there is a way to prevent a week 17 championship game.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

El Caganer posted:

I'm brand new here, a refugee from a sports forum that is actively censoring/banning anti-PEOTUS posters. Is anybody interested in a playoff league?

What the gently caress in the world sports forum is that

Caste?
/r/the_dannywoodhead?

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Spoeank posted:

Caste?
/r/the_dannywoodhead?

They clearly didn't appreciate his championship team "Make America Brate Again!"

El Caganer
Dec 20, 2016

Spoeank posted:

Caste?
/r/the_dannywoodhead?

footballguys.com

I didn't personally get banned or hosed with, I just said to hell with it and left.

Anybody been in a playoff league? The only way I've ever done it.. 6 people, snake draft, draft everybody.. 2 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 2 TE, 2 K, 2 D. Winner takes all.

El Caganer fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Jan 3, 2017

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Never done one, but I would be down.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Another nail in FBG's coffin. Weird they have that stance because I have a mutual Facebook friend with Sigmund Bloom and Bloom's as anti-PEOTUS as you can get.

gently caress it why not I'm in for that format too

El Caganer
Dec 20, 2016

I guess the two top bosses, Dodds in particular, are a little touchy about their new hero

If we can get 6, a few more, I'll start a draft thread in the morning.. of course we'll need to be done by COB Friday so please don't sign up if you don't have time

Standard scoring.. 6 pt all TDs, PPR OK?

As far as I can tell.. MFL still hosts these kinds of leagues for free so we should be covered there. I haven't done this in years.. and never run one, how hard can it be

As for money, or no money, whatever you all want to do, I'm new here.. we would generally just have the 5 losers send the winner 20- each at the end

Ninja Bob
Nov 20, 2002

Bleak Gremlin
I'd be interested, never done one of these but it appeals to my inner fantasy degenerate. I'm cool with 6 point TDs and PPR. Money is fine, whatever.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
I'm curious. I haven't been beaten enough in fantasy this year.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
I'm down.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

89 posted:

I'm down.

I'm surprised it took you this long. :D

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
I will do this. $20 sounds good.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

Sataere posted:

I'm surprised it took you this long. :D

I've been very bitter from this season and let over 200 replies build up in this thread before I clicked on it just now.

Usually, it's a surprise if 10-15 make it past me, lol

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
I'm down because I like self punishment. $20?

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
I'm interested!

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

Our league this year was 12 x $50 for a $600 pot

450 to the winner
150 to 2nd
50 to best regular season record

I got $200. I would've liked to have it been 400/200 but its whatever, first place deserves the lions share.

Missed out on 500 because of Staffords week 16 fumble.

El Caganer
Dec 20, 2016

OK we only need 6 for a league so the first to get in are: Me, Sataere, Spoeank, Ninja Bob, Ben Nevis, 89 - please PM me your email for the league at MFL, and I'll send back my email and link for the dice rolls. As soon as everything's sorted we'll start the draft, and see how it goes

Alternates: coronaball, BonoMan, SaltheBard
(get three more and do another?)

I'll explain the rules a little better in the draft thread, but it's pretty cut and dry.. 13 round draft, start all your players and walk away - they accumulate stats as long as they're in, most points wins it

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

So you pretty much have to pick players who are in the wildcards or else they'll be on bye for the first week? And then most likely see those guys eliminated in the division title matches...

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Can't PM you as you don't appear to have Platinum.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

El Caganer posted:

OK we only need 6 for a league so the first to get in are: Me, Sataere, Spoeank, Ninja Bob, Ben Nevis, 89 - please PM me your email for the league at MFL, and I'll send back my email and link for the dice rolls. As soon as everything's sorted we'll start the draft, and see how it goes

Alternates: coronaball, BonoMan, SaltheBard
(get three more and do another?)

I'll explain the rules a little better in the draft thread, but it's pretty cut and dry.. 13 round draft, start all your players and walk away - they accumulate stats as long as they're in, most points wins it

I'll set up a second one for 5-8 (?) people. Feel free to join both if you're a real degenerate.

Going out to dinner now but I'll set it up and make a thread tonight.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

coronaball posted:

I'll set up a second one for 5-8 (?) people. Feel free to join both if you're a real degenerate.

You know I am. :D

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

Sataere posted:

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

If I have 8 people in mine, how many roster spots should there be? QB/2RB/2WR/TE/Flex/K/Def = 9 spots? Should it have a bench at all? Maybe a 2 or 3 man bench so if you have bad luck on wild card weekend you're not completely drawing dead?

coronaball fucked around with this message at 07:08 on Jan 4, 2017

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

coronaball posted:

If I have 8 people in mine, how many roster spots should there be? QB/2RB/2WR/TE/Flex/K/Def = 9 spots? Should it have a bench at all? Maybe a 2 or 3 man bench so if you have bad luck on wild card weekend you're not completely drawing dead?

Usually playoff pools are like slow drafts. You draft and let them sit. The team with the most points after the Super Bowl wins.

El Caganer
Dec 20, 2016

Sataere posted:

Ugh

Right now I'm saving up for an avatar

Sataere, Spoeank, Ninja Bob, Ben Nevis, 89 --

https://www.rpglibrary.org/software/securedice/

Roll 1 d1000, Roll 1 time

send to yeoldecaganer at gmail.com (include username)

order will be highest to lowest roll

and please email me your email for MFL or include it in the roll

:sax:

El Caganer fucked around with this message at 16:15 on Jan 4, 2017

El Caganer
Dec 20, 2016

coronaball posted:

I've never done it any other way than what we're doing here, 6 seems ideal, but get creative

I start everybody. Everybody's going to draw dead on some players, every week.. like Sataere said it's very simple, a big draft and see who has the most points at the end

El Caganer fucked around with this message at 15:02 on Jan 4, 2017

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

El Caganer posted:

Ugh

Right now I'm saving up for an avatar

Sataere, Spoeank, Ninja Bob, Ben Nevis, 89 --

https://www.rpglibrary.org/software/securedice/

Roll 1 d1000, Roll 1 time

send to el_caganer at mail.com (include username)

order will be highest to lowest roll

and please email me your email for MFL or include it in the roll

:sax:

Rolled. You should have an email with my Forums name in the subject header.

EDIT: My email address is in the sent to information

El Caganer
Dec 20, 2016

Sataere posted:

Rolled. You should have an email with my Forums name in the subject header.

EDIT: My email address is in the sent to information

I didn't get anything from you, or from the dice site :( I did from Ben Nevis though. Maybe this lovely free mail service doesn't like the dice mail. Can you try forwarding?

El Caganer
Dec 20, 2016

Yeah.. I haven't gotten mine either.. I sent it to Ben for confirmation

Roll set 1
Die rolls: 894
Roll subtotal: 894
Roll total: 894

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

coronaball posted:

I'm down just tell me where to paypal my bitcoins at!

• Locked thread